• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Striker

Wellington said:
Smith - 73
Boss - 74
Nicks - 65
Manningham - 51
Beckum - 68
Hixon - 71

I think I have every pick I've thrown this season saved and quite a bit of them involve the DB making a break on the ball and the WR not doing it. I incorrectly assumed this was related to RTE.

Either way, I am working on my off-season plans at the moment. There's one more piece on D that would make me totally shut down and I'm looking at two spots on O. After that it will be just working within the framework of the team I've built.
He is probably right (Vince Jackson made incredible grabs for me in tight sections/traffic [his AWR falls at 82]), however, it really also depends how you use them, and I'm sure the QB ties into it as well. I can't say I've been successful passing, because by numbers, it's average and Quinn has 13 TD's along with 12 INT's. Half those are on me at least with forcing things where I don't see the guy, or it bouncing off my receivers hands (looking at you, Bennett and Stuckey).

I have had great success in all forms of routes with Brian Robiskie, though. His awareness is sitting at 63, lower than many other receivers where he is sitting in the stats. I feel he's been solid all around, and more consistent this year than any other. He can grab those small gains, catch the deep passes, and has been great for me in YAC by bulling some CB's. Progression is weird, as usual with EA, since Robiskie's AWR is still that low despite pulling two 800+ yard receiving seasons, with at least 50 receptions each time. This year, so far, he has 53 catches and over 700 yards.

My other WR's AWR:
Massaquoi 68
Cribbs 77
Stuckey 70
Hartline 47

BigAT said:
The damn AFC East is holding us up.

Browns/Ravens
Bucs/Saints
Bills/Jets
Pats/Dolphins
Fifty and I have been going back and forth in PM.

We may play Tuesday, but if he can't go, he rather me play CPU. :\

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
BigAT said:
The damn AFC East is holding us up.

Browns/Ravens
Bucs/Saints
Bills/Jets
Pats/Dolphins

Well, I had to put down my cat yesterday, so I haven't felt like doing jack shit.

TheCrow

Lonestar said:
Well, I had to put down my cat yesterday, so I haven't felt like doing jack shit.

:( shit. Sorry, must've been hard. I can't even think about when my family dog will pass away. Already causes me to choke up.

Lonestar

16 or 17 years old, yeah, it suuuuuuuuucks.

Cat was older than half of GAF.

Held her in my arms while the Vet did it.

She had been going downhill fast this last week. She's been diabetic for the last 5 or 6 years. Felt even worse, just because my Dad was fond of her, and he's been gone since 06. So it felt like losing a little bit more of him. :(

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Lonestar said:

She had been going downhill fast this last week. She's been diabetic for the last 5 or 6 years. Felt even worse, just because my Dad was fond of her, and he's been gone since 06. So it felt like losing a little bit more of him. :(
Sorry for your loss.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Damn Lone sorry to hear that, depressing :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Oof sorry Lone. :(

Been meaning to get a dog or a cat myself, my sister's been pushing me to since she works at a shelter, but I'd go nuts with something like this.

Lonestar

Nightz said:
If you put up 100 points on pheeniks we'll understand.

It takes me too long to get a stop against anybody, to be able to put up 100 points. I think everyone of my last 8 opponents, have managed to hold onto the ball 25+ minutes, in a 40 minute game. LJ had the ball 9 1/2 minutes of the 1st quarter :lol

daw840

Sorry to hear that Lone, it's going to be tough when my older dog goes. :(

Wellington said:

Been meaning to get a dog or a cat myself, my sister's been pushing me to since she works at a shelter, but I'd go nuts with something like this.

Yeah, this is part of owning a pet though. Years of good times and enjoyment is worth it though, and knowing you gave them the best home you could.

Somnia

Lonestar said:

Sorry to hear that man =( my dog just turned 12 and I don't want to think about it.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wellington said:

It is part of having a pet. You always outlive your pet if he/she dies naturally. But no way does that outweigh the good times.

Lonestar

Matrix said:
Um um um I think I don't want a pet now :(

Um

Um

I'm wondering the same thing. I already know of 2 cats that one of my cousins are wanting to get rid of, simply because him and his wife are expecting a baby in April or May. I don't know how soon I want to jump in on another pet.

This is gonna be my last season of Madden. I'm kinda tired of being the joke of the league and quite frankly I don't have the time/give a shit to try and get any good at this game. Lonestar can play the CPU because I genuinely feel terrible about his cat (sorry man) and then you can let LJ play the CPU on me since they'll probably perform better.

But I'll be back for week 17 to play CB because fuck you I would love nothing more than a chance to upset your bitch ass and shove it down your throat for the rest of time

and if I sound angry I'm not that pissed. This fried chicken I had tastes terrible

daw840

Lonestar said:
Um

Um

I'm wondering the same thing. I already know of 2 cats that one of my cousins are wanting to get rid of, simply because him and his wife are expecting a baby in April or May. I don't know how soon I want to jump in on another pet.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but a new pet speeds the healing process up greatly.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ph33nix said:
This is gonna be my last season of Madden. I'm kinda tired of being the joke of the league and quite frankly I don't have the time/give a shit to try and get any good at this game. Lonestar can play the CPU because I genuinely feel terrible about his cat (sorry man) and then you can let LJ play the CPU on me since they'll probably perform better.

But I'll be back for week 17 to play CB because fuck you I would love nothing more than a chance to upset your bitch ass and shove it down your throat for the rest of time

and if I sound angry I'm not that pissed. This fried chicken I had tastes terrible

As if leaving will stop that...

If you skip out on your last two games and expect to play me 2 weeks later you got another thing coming friend. Ill just play the CPU

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ph33nix said:

:lol :lol

Btw I'm positive I'm worse than FMT at Burnout. I have always sucked hardcore at driving games.

They don't call him Coldblooded for nothing. Have a heart CB!

Lonestar

daw840 said:
I know it's not what you want to hear, but a new pet speeds the healing process up greatly.

051307_105505.jpg

GigantyCat might have something to say about it. That's a few years old, on a crappy camera phone. A siamesse mixed with who knows what. Came with the Blue Eyes, which I always thought looked cool.

I hav lost pets (Golden Retriever, 3 or 4 other cats, various Birds...but really, are those really pets?) before, but this one was by far, the longest lasting. Unlike the other pets, this one was almost a 100% inside housepet. And like I mentioned it, Dad was found of her, so her passing had some extra emotional baggage.

CB3 said:
As if leaving will stop that...

If you skip out on your last two games and expect to play me 2 weeks later you got another thing coming friend. Ill just play the CPU

You know I actually kinda wanna see what a good player can do with my team. So if you'd rather have me ask Rors to play you we can definitely arrange that

until then STFU

CB3

ph33nix said:
You know I actually kinda wanna see what a good player can do with my team. So if you'd rather have me ask Rors to play you we can definitely arrange that

until then STFU

Ill take Rors. I like the challenge. I dont think ive beat him in 10

Matrix

CB3 said:

Play me whore!

CB3 said:

except that you'll be getting me

maybe I should ask rors to sub for the bills game since the only time LJ has ever seen a challenge from me was the very first game we ever played :lol

Matrix

CB3 said:
Ill play whoever! I aint Bob.

:lol

No one is Bob, he's one of a kind.

CB3 said:
Well that certainly isnt the way to erase your joke of the league title...

notice how you're the only one in here acting a bitch?

and it doesn't matter, because you won't play me in 2k because you know i'll blow you out by 30 something again. and considering I'm gonna kick your ass in the show that makes it 2-1. bitch

CB3

ph33nix said:
notice how you're the only one in here acting a bitch?

and it doesn't matter, because you won't play me in 2k because you know i'll blow you out by 30 something again. and considering I'm gonna kick your ass in the show that makes it 2-1. bitch

Pretty sure you were the one trying to pick your opponents Bob style (we all remember when he refused to play NFC opponents down the stretch that one year...) I called you out on it and you came running back. You may have broke the record for fastest time between quitting and returning,

bluemax

Banned
daw840 said:
Yeah I hate to admit it but it's true. When my parents put m dog down my mom said shed wait awhile to get another dog. I think it took her a week until she was too lonely during the day to resist.

And when my GF and I had to put our puppy down we'd pretty much come home and cry until we got our new dog. Got him from the shelter thanks to their breed interest system.

Man I'm gonna get all emotional thinking about this.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
GG, LJ

That game was not good for my health. 7 drops by my WR, the 94 yrd Lynch run out of the 5 guys tackling him, the fact I had my guys lined up at the end of the half and was mashing the spike button and it still didn't go, and that pass play with TO and some other WR running in some kind of melded 4 arm receiving beast on that 3rd and long was just the incing on the cake especially since my CBs seemed to be in la la land covering them. Ugh. I think I am done with this year's Madden after this season. So much BS in that game on both sides.

LJ11

Good game dude. This game is awful, complete garbage, when it comes to tackling and catching, scripted nonsense. Denog had like 3 or 4 catches, receiver takes two steps and then just decides to drop it (see Rors video). Some of them where dropped after a tackle (attempted tackle), so they should have been ruled fumbles if anything. So much of this shit feels scripted, if you're going to drop you're going to drop it.

The pass to TO was nuts because I thought it was going to hit Lynch. Only reason they were both so close was because Revis absolutely mauled TO at the line, and by the time he released he was even with Lynch. Pretty lucky.

Matrix

LJ11 said:
Good game dude. This game is awful, complete garbage, when it comes to tackling and catching, scripted nonsense. Denog had like 3 or 4 catches, receiver takes two steps and then just decides to drop it (see Rors video). Some of them where dropped after a tackle (attempted tackle), so they should have been ruled fumbles if anything. So much of this shit feels scripted, if you're going to drop you're going to drop it..

Sounds like my game with Denogg.

CB3

Trust me. I play both Madden and 2K. Madden is not scripted. Atleast not nearly to the extent of 2k. Their shit is ridiculous

LJ11

This version is probably the only version I would describe as scripted. Just look at how much more effective the off tackle runs are, the OL AI behaves totally differently. An OT run should be blocked up differently, but the problem is with it's effectiveness and consistency. It's as if the OL is programmed to block correctly each and every time, and there is very little randomness, you know exactly who's getting blocked up and ratings/line shifts have little to do with it.

Also, certain playbooks have runs that are more effective than their corresponding runs in another playbook. They have the same exact play art, both on the play screen and on the field, and even the same exact name but behave differently based on the book.

Sometimes you'll find that the run is under a different name, but it's functionally the same. You'll see it in X book as "Inside Zone" and in Y "HB Slam," both should be blocked the same exact way and yet they're not. You'll even find plays labeled HB Slam that behave like OT runs.

Bottom line, plays that look the same aren't the same. Somethings going on underneath the hood.

Top Bottom