• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Inside Zone is zone blocking ala Broncos no? Slam might be the more conventional run blocking

LJ11

CB3 said:
Inside Zone is zone blocking ala Broncos no? Slam might be the more conventional run blocking

That's the thing CB, there are plays labeled Slam that function like Inside Zone, and there are other Slams that are just rubbish. I would say this Madden, more than any other, is dependent on play book selection rather than playcall selection.

An Inside Zone is an HB Slam as far as I'm concerned, there's no difference. You want to hit the B gap, or at least press the B gap, if the LBs flow inside then you kick outside. Yet you can't do that with every Slam, depends on the playbook.

There's also some retarded barrier near the line of scrimmage that defenders can't cross. Denog was in a 3-4, I called a counter run, ROLB and RMLB had outside contained perfectly, yet they would not cross the line on their own. Free lane, yet didn't attack the line, they just stood their waiting.

What I'm guessing is that both defenders had some sort of man responsibility, and couldn't come across unless someone took control of them. I just waited for my FB/OG to kick out and picked up a tough 3. Play should have been blown up in the backfield. If you're quick on the sticks you may have blown it up, but the AI should have blown it up regardless.

daw840

Wellington said:
Stupid question but who is dropping from the league at the end of the season as of now?

Pheeniks
Denogg
Lone?
Daw?

IDK, I might stay in. I am undecided. I was going to stay in until that game with the Broncos last night........

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LJ11 said:
That's the thing CB, there are plays labeled Slam that function like Inside Zone, and there are other Slams that are just rubbish. I would say this Madden, more than any other, is dependent on play book selection rather than playcall selection.

An Inside Zone is an HB Slam as far as I'm concerned, there's no difference. You want to hit the B gap, or at least press the B gap, if the LBs flow inside then you kick outside. Yet you can't do that with every Slam, depends on the playbook.

There's also some retarded barrier near the line of scrimmage that defenders can't cross. Denog was in a 3-4, I called a counter run, ROLB and RMLB had outside contained perfectly, yet they would not cross the line on their own. Free lane, yet didn't attack the line, they just stood their waiting.

What I'm guessing is that both defenders had some sort of man responsibility, and couldn't come across unless someone took control of them. I just waited for my FB/OG to kick out and picked up a tough 3. Play should have been blown up in the backfield. If you're quick on the sticks you may have blown it up, but the AI should have blown it up regardless.
That's interesting on the counter. I've consistently seen guys in the backfield right where they need to be for my G to pick them up.

As far as the Zone v Slam, I know you don't call protection audibles at the LOS, but I wonder if that changes the logic of the OL.

I am going to check it out once I get on Madden.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'd probably be leaning towards not coming back, but then again, I'd like to get through the draft part, which I found to be my favorite part of this online franchise experience. And then with whatever new pieces I added to the puzzle, the urge to try it out would be there. So, back to square one again :lol

Rorschach

CB3 said:
Trust me. I play both Madden and 2K. Madden is not scripted. Atleast not nearly to the extent of 2k. Their shit is ridiculous
Some of it is scripted this year, though. That's what we get when idiots complain too much about TEH ANIMATIUNZ!

Have you ever gotten the animation where the back is still running, but they call the play dead? Scripted. Or where the camera magically switches to a closeup/side shot when someone is being tackled? Scripted. WR drop where the ball is clearly in his hands? Scripted. Sideline refs when it's clearly out of bounds? Pile for the ball when the player is clearly standing up with the recovered ball? Players dropping passes after running 5 yards? Or my favorite: pass you didn't "lead" that sails 20 yards over the receiver and right into a defender's hands like he has a pigskin magnet? And on and on. This is the most 2k-esque Madden in that regard.

The protak bullshit is out of control. You guys say it's all about speed backs, but those that can trigger that broken fucking animation are king. There's no need to even follow blocks or run through holes. Just run at a bunch of defenders.

I don't agree completely about the blocking schemes, but I do agree on the scripted nature of this year's game. I wish they would tone it down, but they won't. It'll be worse next year.

nah i'm not leaving

anyways lonestar go ahead and play cpu because i won't be around and i wasn't sure when you were anyways. or the league can just sim past it

TheCrow

daw840 said:
IDK, I might stay in. I am undecided. I was going to stay in until that game with the Broncos last night........

Sorry :(

If it's any consolation you were able to stuff most of my short yardage plays on third downs. Your D-Line came through and consistently tackled Moreno just short of the marker. I think I ended up kicking 5 or 6 FGs which is by far the most I ever had.

Wellington said:
Stupid question but who is dropping from the league at the end of the season as of now?

Pheeniks
Denogg
Lone?
Daw?

I'm more than likely dropping since MLB will be out next week, my son is playing baseball, and I have softball this spring. I stuck out a 2 win season for you bastards though! I'll get my revenge next year.......if I have a better team.

Lonestar

ph33nix said:
nah i'm not leaving

anyways lonestar go ahead and play cpu because i won't be around and i wasn't sure when you were anyways. or the league can just sim past it

aight, but it doesn't look like you signed out of it, so I can't do it.

Rorschach

You can have the commish temp boot him and send him an invite so he can join later.

storybook77 said:
I'm more than likely dropping since MLB will be out next week, my son is playing baseball, and I have softball this spring. I stuck out a 2 win season for you bastards though! I'll get my revenge next year.......if I have a better team.
You can beat up on me in MLB. I suck so much that Miguel is actually competitive with me! Oh the shame in losing to Miguel at a videogame!

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
You can have the commish temp boot him and send him an invite so he can join later.

already sent DM a message, if he can drag himself away from the menu screen of whatever basketball game he's playing.

shawn-bradley.jpg

Looks like he's going to Shawn Bradley me. Play keep away from me.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
already sent DM a message, if he can drag himself away from the menu screen of whatever basketball game he's playing.
Ah. Looks like he started a game.

We need multiple commishes in Madden 11!

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
Ah. Looks like he started a game.

We need multiple commishes in Madden 11!

Well, I'm going to bed. I had planned on playing some of the game, simming large chunks of it, to get it over with quick.

Mrbob

storybook77 said:

I'll be in another year, but my interest will wane in madden due to MLB coming out. Madden will have to take a back seat to the real deal sport representation.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
I'll be in another year, but my interest will wane in madden due to MLB coming out. Madden will have to take a back seat to the real deal sport representation.

Same.... 1 more week till I'm in sports heaven.

Btw where is Zep? Look at my profile from last year, lag my ass. I never had a disconnect and that was playing over 200 something ranked games, had none in unranked either. He better not vanish this season and blame it on lag.

http://mlb09ps3html-prod.sc.online.scea.com/MLB09/account/profile_web.php?PlayerID=21504

And we have the DM playing the worst sports game in years :lol

Mrbob

Does Sony San Diego have a bunch of Disastros fanbois on their development team? It's like they overrate the entire stros pitching staff each year to freeballin' status.

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:
Same.... 1 more week till I'm in sports heaven.

Btw where is Zep? Look at my profile from last year, lag my ass. I never had a disconnect and that was playing over 200 something ranked games, had none in unranked either. He better not vanish this season and blame it on lag.

Guess we'll have this argument forever...The problem was never playing anyone geographically close. I've had really smooth games against NYC/Phila people. The problem came when playing Bob, whos in the midwest and from there the game turns to shit with stuttering meters, hits after the ball looks to go by the plate, etc.,

You shouldn't have to put up with this shit now. There's validity to our claims when Sony has the fuckin thing as their main keypoint in the press release. OH HEY GUYS, IT WORKS NOW

CB3

Mrbob said:
Does Sony San Diego have a bunch of Disastros fanbois on their development team? It's like they overrate the entire stros pitching staff each year to freeballin' status.

It could be a Tiburon/Tampa Bay Bucs situation.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:

No it's called me actually knowing how to pitch and hit, unlike how I still can't figure out how to catch/defend in Madden.

Having played baseball my whole childhood/ and high school years before I got sick I so happen to understand how to play it more than Football. I believe as sad as that sounds, helps me in these games.

I'm actually decent at one sport game and can beat your baby bears with shit pitchers and you blame it on Sony :lol

Zep- I never had issues with playing Bob the two times I faced him last year. I also played a shit ton of people all across the US/ Canada and never had issues. Also Ram didn't you pass on Show last year? It was no where near as bad as the year you had the game.

Matrix

CB3 said:
It could be a Tiburon/Tampa Bay Bucs situation.

bwahaha says the man that swings at any pitch he sees :lol

Matrix

CB3 said:
hey! dont make me go all DM on you!

Haha go ahead :lol It's just words and you will feel bad about it later... if you have a soul!...unless you meant get ready for when I play you in show and bean your ass 10 times a game cause I'm frustrated, which is Dm's M.O.

CB3

Matrix said:
Haha go ahead :lol It's just words and you will feel bad about it later... if you have a soul!...unless you meant get ready for when I play you in show and bean your ass 10 times a game cause I'm frustrated, which is Dm's M.O.

D. None of the above

I actually meant i was gonna run HB Toss multiple times whenever i play you next in madden!

Matrix

CB3 said:
D. None of the above

I actually meant i was gonna run HB Toss multiple times whenever i play you next in madden!

That's what DM does now? :lol Last time I played Dm he couldn't run against the Texans <3

"Miguel beaned JD Drew once because he was tired of him hitting homers, then Jeff Kent came on and hit a 3 run homer. <3"

Figures it would be Kent to hit the hr. Mig deserved that.

Matrix

Fucking nightmares when I finally fall asleep.

Fifty

Wellington said:

I definitely am. I probably shouldn't have even come back. Finding time to play my games is tough and trying to care about them, when I know I'm leaving soon is even tougher.

Matrix

Fifty said:
I definitely am. I probably shouldn't have even come back. Finding time to play my games is tough and trying to care about them, when I know I'm leaving soon is even tougher.

No more Show battles? a small piece of me will die this year.

Top Bottom