• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Three games left, as usual one of them is DM.
smiley-rolleyes010.gif

It would be cool if we could start an online franchise AT a rookie draft, but I guess we'd have to sim a season so we could get a draft order. Can't happen for a reason..... that reason being Rors having a good pick. :D

daw840

TheCrow said:
Sorry :(

If it's any consolation you were able to stuff most of my short yardage plays on third downs. Your D-Line came through and consistently tackled Moreno just short of the marker. I think I ended up kicking 5 or 6 FGs which is by far the most I ever had.

Gah, no need to be sorry. McBath can lick my left nut though, fuck that guy. Broke the NFL record for INTs in a game against me.:lol

Wellington said:
smiley-rolleyes010.gif

It would be cool if we could start an online franchise AT a rookie draft, but I guess we'd have to sim a season so we could get a draft order. Can't happen for a reason..... that reason being Rors having a good pick. :D

That's my fault, was in Boston friday-monday visiting friends. Hopefully we'll get our game in tonight sometime.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
That's my fault, was in Boston friday-monday visiting friends. Hopefully we'll get our game in tonight sometime.
Did he threaten to boot you from the league if you don't defend him?!?

You have sunk to a new low DM.

16h9gfl.jpg

"We must bring this vigilante to justice."

Rorschach

Wellington said:
smiley-rolleyes010.gif

Jack English, baby! Plus an early second. :O

I we had a fantasy franchise, I'd probably take a QB in the first instead of a running back. Next year, I'm definitely tanking the first season if we don't get playoff/superbowl incentives.

sableholic said:
No need to cover up for him. We all know he's responsible for the DM game of the week.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Jack English, baby! Plus an early second. :O

I we had a fantasy franchise, I'd probably take a QB in the first instead of a running back. Next year, I'm definitely tanking the first season if we don't get playoff/superbowl incentives.

What kind of incentives could there be? Progression based, I assume.

LiveWire

Somnia said:
Having to pay your free agents more money =(

if there is money and free agents :lol

Sweet, I can just see my interface now.

"Welcome to Madden 11 pre-season activities, Redskins Owner: LiveWire! Please press A Button to automatically balance salary cap, re-signing all current players as well as the league's #1 Free Agent."

Rorschach

Wellington said:
What kind of incentives could there be? Progression based, I assume.
Yes. I mean, when teams go to the playoffs in real life, they get boosts in Madden, so why not? :\

If it had the PS2 coaching system, they could add the boosts to coaches with playoff/sb wins. :eek:

It doesn't have to be big boosts, but at least something like +2 to AWR.

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Yes. I mean, when teams go to the playoffs in real life, they get boosts in Madden, so why not? :\

If it had the PS2 coaching system, they could add the boosts to coaches with playoff/sb wins. :eek:

It doesn't have to be big boosts, but at least something like +2 to AWR.

+2 AWR - DHB will now turn his head and look at the ball as it bounces off of his hands :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ill tear it up with whoever.

If we advance tonight (im looking at you DM/Sable) can you play?

bluemax

Banned
CB3 said:
Ill tear it up with whoever.

If we advance tonight (im looking at you DM/Sable) can you play?
I dunno I'm supposed to get Heavy Rain today. Might be too busy having my mind blown by a masterpiece of interactive fiction.

I can go after I eat dinner.

DMczaf

Wait, Bob is playing the CPU Broncos?

God damn it FMT! I told you the Broncos go with CPU if they can't play DURING THE PLAYOFFS because other playoff seedings will be affected by Broncos season games.

I swear you're turning into Al Davis of GAF

LukeSmith

DMczaf said:
Wait, Bob is playing the CPU Broncos?

God damn it FMT! I told you the Broncos go with CPU if they can't play DURING THE PLAYOFFS because other playoff seedings will be affected by Broncos season games.

I swear you're turning into Al Davis of GAF

Maybe next year you guys will figure out a solution for people in the league who can't play their games anyway.

DMczaf

If it was up to me from the start, we would have people playing the CPU if the other dude can't play before the deadline.

But we've already had fill-ins this season, so to change it during the final 2 weeks of the season throws everything off for the regular season. Others had to play fill-ins, Bob ain't special (or, not in the way I'm saying)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I plan on rushing through the game when I get home...unless I happen to run out of gas before I can refill. Got to work at about the same time the fuel light came on, and the nearest gas station to work is 7-8 miles. <que CliffhangerMusic.WAV>

Mrbob

There he is! It is put up or shut up time Matrix. :D When I said I want to play the CPU I meant you!

This can be your one shot at glory. You can have the most overrated team in Madden league history from what I've been told. I'll give you a chance to shed your CPU status against me with a victory. But if you lose I get to hold you to it forever considering the power hours team you get to use. :D

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
If it was up to me from the start, we would have people playing the CPU if the other dude can't play before the deadline.

But we've already had fill-ins this season, so to change it during the final 2 weeks of the season throws everything off for the regular season. Others had to play fill-ins, Bob ain't special (or, not in the way I'm saying)
Thank you. Because i had a clusterfuck of a fill in with the Titans, and then some of yous went ahead and played the CPU for a Super Bowl revenge fest ( no offense buddy :) )

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
There he is! It is put up or shut up time Matrix. :D When I said I want to play the CPU I meant you!

This can be your one shot at glory. You can have the most overrated team in Madden league history from what I've been told. I'll give you a chance to shed your CPU status against me with a victory. But if you lose I get to hold you to it forever considering the power hours team you get to use. :D

I'd rather play Heavy Rain and watch Lost tonight. You calling me the cpu means nothing to me considering the two times we scrimmed I beat you bad once and you beat me badly the other game.

I could care less about Madden right now, doesn't mean I won't be pumped up for season 4, but your words are not going to get me to play a game with the Broncos that means nothing to me. It's a waste of my time since I don't care what you think about my Madden skills :lol

Lonestar

Not sure I have anymore madden skills. The last 7 or 8 games, is literally the last 7 or 8 times I've turned on the game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lonestar said:
Not sure I have anymore madden skills. The last 7 or 8 games, is literally the last 7 or 8 times I've turned on the game.

You are great at sniffing out talent in the draft!

Lonestar

Noticing, with my current 4-9 record...I still might not even be in the top 10 come draft time.

I might have to lose to the CPU.

Mrbob

Seriously tho, what is the dealio? Do we know for sure what Crows plans are? Am I going to have to be the only one this season to suffer through the college campus connection to play my game? :(

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
Seriously tho, what is the dealio? Do we know for sure what Crows plans are? Am I going to have to be the only one this season to suffer through the college campus connection to play my game? :(
He already told you he wasn't returning this weekend. Just play the cpu if no one wants to fill in. Not like others haven't done it. -_-

CB3

Rorschach said:
He already told you he wasn't returning this weekend. Just play the cpu if no one wants to fill in. Not like others haven't done it. -_-

ILL FILL IN

Lonestar

haha, haven't looked at the stats in a long time....I've gone for 27 4th down conversions! :lol

Epitome of "fuck it...."

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
haha, haven't looked at the stats in a long time....I've gone for 27 4th down conversions! :lol

Epitome of "fuck it...."
Probably part of the reason you're losing. :p Rex Grossman has infected your team for life.

bluemax

Banned
How many games has Crow played this season?

If it's less than 2/3s then no offense but why wasn't he replaced on a full time basis?

Mrbob

Rorschach said:

Damn this week is going to be anti climatic then. All the recon I've done on Crow behind the scenes in preparation for nothing.

Mrbob

CB said:
Thats ok. You get to play me. its even better

Beating you isn't interesting though. I've already done that. I want my shot at GAF Madden immortality by knocking off two undefeated teams late in the same season. It just won't have the same effect if I do it against anyone else or the CPU.

Oh and I'll save another victory for you if we meet in the playoffs. No way I'm giving you a free scouting opportunity roughly one game ahead when we could possibly meet again for realz.

CB3

Someone post that burnout pussyness picture

Does it hurt to have no balls? I have to imagine it sucks. Just play the CPU or pick pheeknicks like we all know you want so you can get your game in.

Matrix

I actually think he's more afraid of the cpu. Has anyone faced this Broncos team being controlled by the cpu? It's the great unknown unless someone has faced them and I'm mistaken.

That's what Bob is truly scared of.... the unknown factor of playing an overrated stacked team controlled by no one.

Let Bob play the cpu.

Striker

Another day against the Ravens, another somehow loss. This time - Joe Thomas gives up three sacks. :|

Fifty also broke Massaqoui's arm, out 11 weeks.

Top Bottom