• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

:lol

sorry bros but there's only so much dick you can suck in a night before you need to give it a rest!

and while its true i suck at this game, im usually better than THIS but i haven't played the game in like 6 months :/

that's my excuse! you'll see.... you'll all see!

Mrbob

Damn EA why am I downloading a ton of patches for Burnout right now? :/

The updated version should have been on the playstation store.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol

sorry bros but there's only so much dick you can suck in a night before you need to give it a rest!

and while its true i suck at this game, im usually better than THIS but i haven't played the game in like 6 months :/

that's my excuse! you'll see.... you'll all see!
I haven't played it since I got it lol

Nightz is a pro... his stats were like 80 onilne takedowns or some shit.

Next time, I'll set up some races with no traffic that only go straight just for you, FMT!

DCX

DCX
I'll play Burnout with you guys tm night. Luke and i are playing Madden at 5:15am est!! Yes after a piss and contacts insert, i'm maning up!

DCX

Nightz

Rorschach said:
Nightz is a pro... his stats were like 80 onilne takedowns or some shit.
carsoninfernovanaz0.jpg

:D

btw guys i wont have access to gaf until next friday night so if the league advances and you guys are waiting on my game as the final game then i would like to have rors fill in for me.... rors or luke :D

but i would PREFER to play my own game :/

Mrbob

Who will be playing as the Broncos in the playoffs? This is who I want to play. If Crow is still running the show, I want to play him instead of the CPU if I can.

TheCrow

Mrbob said:
Who will be playing as the Broncos in the playoffs? This is who I want to play. If Crow is still running the show, I want to play him instead of the CPU if I can.

Don't worry, I'll be there if you really want to play me. :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I play LB and the guy I mainly manually control with is Demeco. As tempting as it would be to have another great DE, with the lack of sacks in this game I have to pass that up. I need my LB combo, best thing on D I have and the main players I manually control.

Mrbob

Naw, I'm just not playing him on his college campus connection after all the horror stories I've read. If he can play from home it'll be game on.

Mrbob

FMT is gone....also, will FMT control the Broncos in the playoffs?

And I do have an issue with playing someone this late in the season with another team that may be a possible 2nd round playoff opponent! I can't show my hand ahead of time. :D Crow is still the number one choice!

TheCrow

Mrbob said:
Naw, I'm just not playing him on his college campus connection after all the horror stories I've read. If he can play from home it'll be game on.

Assuming the playoffs happen in 2 or 3 weeks. I'll be able to play from home, it's only a $25 bus ride. :)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mrbob said:
FMT is gone....also, will FMT control the Broncos in the playoffs?

And I do have an issue with playing someone this late in the season with another team that may be a possible playoff opponent! I can't show my hand ahead of time. :D Crow is still the number one choice
!

Ill translate this for you guys.

"I dont wanna play anyone in the playoffs because that means they are good and will put up a fight. Furthermore, Crow is my first choice because i know he wont be able to play. That way it doesnt look like im pussying out. Furthermore, id like Pheeknicks to use the Bronco's.

Mrbob

Hard. Core.

Since I'm a forward thinking person (unlike the commishes lulz), the rest of the season could be set up where your final two games could be done this weekend. Then the first round of the playoffs happen during the following week while you are gone, and the 2nd round and beyond could hopefully be finished by the following weekend!

Oh hey look the NFC East guys who are a game behind me despite playing an easier schedule this season are on deez nuts. What a surprise. :D

TheCrow

Mrbob said:
Hard. Core.

Since I'm a forward thinking person (unlike the commishes lulz), the rest of the season could be set up where your final two games could be done this weekend. Then the first round of the playoffs happen during the following week while you are gone, and the 2nd round and beyond could hopefully be finished by the following weekend!

I'm probably not going back this weekend. As much as my family likes me they will get fed up with me sooner rather than later. All I do is eat everything in sight. :( If I'm allowed to play my playoff games then that will be when I travel back.

CB3

Mrbob said:
Hard. Core.

Oh hey look the NFC East guys who are a game behind me despite playing an easier schedule this season are on deez nuts. What a surprise. :D

i couldnt give a fuck what seed i hit. Im in a Win and In position. Furthermore, im confident Rors will beat you. And as long as you dont play a chump (Phins), you have a decent chance of losing that too

Rorschach

CB3 said:
i couldnt give a fuck what seed i hit. Im in a Win and In position. Furthermore, im confident Rors will beat you. And as long as you dont play a chump (Phins), you have a decent chance of losing that too
With this latest injury, I just can't risk anymore players. I'll probably bench most of my starters, sorry. :(

Polian effect!

CB3

Rorschach said:
With this latest injury, I just can't risk anymore players. I'll probably bench most of my starters, sorry. :(

Polian effect!

I won games with the Vick/McCoy duo last year. You can do it too!

We all know bob should be 0-16 anyway

Mrbob

I did predict 6-10 for myself when I looked at the schedule before the season began. So I'm already a couple games ahead of what I expected!

DCX

DCX
GG Falcons officially out of the playoff race. Colts D tooooo fast. Ryan didn't get killed so victory for me :p

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX said:
GG Falcons officially out of the playoff race. Colts D tooooo fast. Ryan didn't get killed so victory for me :p

DCX

Bjoern says "duh"

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Hard. Core.

Well not really I have already accepted I am done. The season was the game with you and I did not play well.

In each of my losses this year, except for the one against the Saints, I scored 21 points or less. Take out the OT loss to CB and I scored 17 or less in each of them. Tough fall from grace from what was I think a top 3 O last year.

There were two teams I could not stop at all this year, the Cards and the Seahawks. They ran the same offense for the most part and I could not adjust in game as I was in a 3-4 for both of them. Other than those two games my defense has been leaps and bounds better this year than last year. I was one of the worst run D's last year, now I am one of the best. Turnovers generated has declined from last year, most notably the 20 combined ints from the safeties, but I am using them in different roles now so I guess it's to be expected.

There are three spots I need to reload at during the off-season, but more than anything I need to cut down on the turnovers. I maintain that a lot of the picks are not my fault. I think it was MWS that mentioned that AWR was tied into how receivers react to the ball coming at them, here is a breakdown of my guys:

Smith - 73
Boss - 74
Nicks - 65
Manningham - 51
Beckum - 68
Hixon - 71

I think I have every pick I've thrown this season saved and quite a bit of them involve the DB making a break on the ball and the WR not doing it. I incorrectly assumed this was related to RTE.

Either way, I am working on my off-season plans at the moment. There's one more piece on D that would make me totally shut down and I'm looking at two spots on O. After that it will be just working within the framework of the team I've built.

And yes, Michael Johnson is still available. My rook Davion Kelly is doing well. He was like the #2 safety in the draft and fell all the way down to me.

Nightz

Wellington said:
And yes, Michael Johnson is still available.
I'd want him for the sole purpose of adding a second Michael Johnson to my defense. :lol And with Derrick Johnson, I'd have a Johnson as a DB, a Johnson as a LB, and a Johnson on the D-line.

Edit: How many games are left?

Edit 2: Burnout tonight!?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nightz said:
I'd want him for the sole purpose of adding a second Michael Johnson to my defense. :lol And with Derrick Johnson, I'd have a Johnson as a DB, a Johnson as a LB, and a Johnson on the D-line.

Edit: How many games are left?

Edit 2: Burnout tonight!?
Definitely!

Stupid question, Do I need to unlock a car offline to be able to use it online? If so I got some work to do when I get home. :lol

Nightz

Wellington said:
Definitely!

Stupid question, Do I need to unlock a car offline to be able to use it online? If so I got some work to do when I get home. :lol
I believe so. Yesterday when we were playing Rors was hosting and he had the ability to select which car everyone used for races, so in those instances it probably depends on which cars the host has.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
There are three spots I need to reload at during the off-season, but more than anything I need to cut down on the turnovers. I maintain that a lot of the picks are not my fault. I think it was MWS that mentioned that AWR was tied into how receivers react to the ball coming at them, here is a breakdown of my guys:

Smith - 73
Boss - 74
Nicks - 65
Manningham - 51
Beckum - 68
Hixon - 71

I think I have every pick I've thrown this season saved and quite a bit of them involve the DB making a break on the ball and the WR not doing it. I incorrectly assumed this was related to RTE.

You and me both. Here's my starting three at WR:

Devin Thomas - 61 AWR (39 rec, 555 rec yds, 8 TDs)
Marko Mitchell - 45 AWR (40 rec, 674 rec yds, 3TDs)
Malcolm Kelly - 55 AWR (19 rec, 245 rec yds, 2 TDs)

The good news is, AWR goes up every year. The bad news, it seems to max out at 3 points. Thomas started out at 55 AWR, went to 58 2nd season and 61 this season, so I expect 64 next season. Mitchell went 40-43-45, Kelly went 50-53-55. I'd love to see how these guys evolve over their careers...I could have the best QB and WR corps in 2 or 3 seasons. Maybe even if we all decide to quit the league after next season, we can just keep the league open as a CPU league and sim the seasons to see what happens to our teams?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
You and me both. Here's my starting three at WR:

Devin Thomas - 61 AWR (39 rec, 555 rec yds, 8 TDs)
Marko Mitchell - 45 AWR (40 rec, 674 rec yds, 3TDs)
Malcolm Kelly - 55 AWR (19 rec, 245 rec yds, 2 TDs)

The good news is, AWR goes up every year. The bad news, it seems to max out at 3 points. Thomas started out at 55 AWR, went to 58 2nd season and 61 this season, so I expect 64 next season. Mitchell went 40-43-45, Kelly went 50-53-55. I'd love to see how these guys evolve over their careers...I could have the best QB and WR corps in 2 or 3 seasons. Maybe even if we all decide to quit the league after next season, we can just keep the league open as a CPU league and sim the seasons to see what happens to our teams?
Yeah I don't pass enough for them to really benefit (leading receiver has 28 catches. :lol) but it would be interesting to see the progression after a few more years. That and they aren't cheat mode Head Coach rookies, so I dunno if our real life guys will be able to keep up.

Rorschach

Nightz said:
I believe so. Yesterday when we were playing Rors was hosting and he had the ability to select which car everyone used for races, so in those instances it probably depends on which cars the host has.
I kept choosing lower end cars because not everyone has a badass car or can control a badass car. I had forgotten how much I love that p12. :D

Somnia

Rorschach said:
I kept choosing lower end cars because not everyone has a badass car or can control a badass car. I had forgotten how much I love that p12. :D

Fuck that boost car that jumps up on two wheels. It looks bad ass, but jesus it's almost impossible to not wreck in perma boost :lol

Top Bottom