• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LiveWire

CB3 said:
Id rather not waste my time arguing with an XFL team.

I completely understand. You're too busy planning to come up with new ways to lose in the playoffs; that's gotta take A LOT of time and effort.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
I completely understand. You're too busy planning to come up with new ways to lose in the playoffs; that's gotta take A LOT of time and effort.

Thats right. Losing requires effort for me. Unfortunately its not natural like it is for yourself.

Smokey

_ultimate_machine_gun_flashlight_fork_knife.jpg

LiveWire

CB3 said:
Thats right. Losing requires effort for me. Unfortunately its not natural like it is for yourself.

Considering what I started with I'd say I'm doing pretty well. Maybe you're duce's alt account? He liked going to the playoffs almost every year and never winning a championship.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
Considering what I started with I'd say I'm doing pretty well. Maybe you're duce's alt account? He liked going to the playoffs almost every year and never winning a championship.

That was terrible.

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
Ah, there's your other tired comeback. Easy to say of course when you have a fantasy football team with ridiculously overrated depth to spare.

Since my afternoon meeting was postponed and I'm bored at work, let's look at my "formula of failure" as you'd likely put it.

Original Redskins players and picks traded:

LaRon Landry
Carlos Rogers
Rocky McIntosh
Brian Orakpo
Fred Smoot
Santana Moss
1st round 2011 draft
2nd round 2011 draft pick

Let's look at what I got from all that:

Lance Briggs (later traded to Falcons for Orakpo back)
lower 2nd round 2011 draft pick
extra 3rd round 2011 pick
extra 2nd (potentially 1st) 2012 pick
Brian Orakpo (back from trade with Atlanta)
Fred Smoot (back from waivers)
Antoine Cason
Stephen Nicholas
Will Smith

Now let's look at the stats/ratings for all these players:

LaRon Landry (89 OVR rating currently)
Season 1 with Skins: 34 tackles, 3 INTs, 5 FFs
Season 2 with Bears: 47 tackles, 0 INTs, 4 FFs
Season 3 with Bears: 64 tackles, 4 INTs, 3 FFs

My replacement for LaRon Landry the past two seasons, Kareem Moore (71 OVR currently):
Season 1 with Skins (backup to Landry): 15 tackles, 1 INT, 0 FFs
Season 2 with Skins (starter): 32 tackles, 2 INTs, 2 FFs
Season 3 with Skins (starter): 37 tackles, 3 INTs, 5 FFs

Carlos Rogers (87 OVR in Season 1, now rated 83 OVR, 31 years old)
Season 1 with Skins: 20 tackles, 1 INT, 2 FFs
Season 2 with Bears: 20 tackles, 1 INT, 1 FF
Season 3 with Bears: 18 tackles, 1 INT, 0 FFs

Antoine Cason (currently 88 OVR, will be 90+ next season, 26 years old)

Season 1 with Chargers: 15 tackles, 3 INTs, 0 FFs
Season 2 with Falcons/Skins (2nd in depth chart to DeAngelo): 16 tackles, 2 INTs, 0 FFs
Season 3 with Skins(starting corner): 24 tackles, 5 INTs, 3 FFs

Lance Briggs (currently 91 OVR)
Season 1 with Bears: 52 tackles, 2 sacks, 0 INT, 0 FFs
Season 2 with Redskins: 33 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, 2 FFs
Season 3 with Falcons: 29 tackles, 5 sacks, 3 INTs, 1 FF (great job by DCX)

Rocky McIntosh (77 OVR season 1, currently -- 77 OVR!)

Season 1 with Redskins: 32 tackles, 3 sacks, 6 INTs, 1 FF
Season 2 with Saints: 44 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, 2 FF
Season 3 with Saints: 25 tackles, 0 sacks, 2 INTs, 0 FFs

Brian Orakpo (82 OVR season 1, currently 85 OVR)

Season 1 with Redskins: 44 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 INT, 1 FF
Season 2 with Falcons: 38 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 INT, 1 FF
Season 3 with Redskins: 45 tackles, 1 sack, 0 INT, 1 FF

Stephen Nicholas (currently 72 OVR)

Season 1 with Falcons: 21 tackles, 0 sacks, 1 INT, 1 FF
Season 2 with Redskins (starter): 23 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 INT, 0 FF
Season 3 with Redskins (started 4 games): 12 tackles, 1 sack, 2 INTs, 0 FF

Harrison Turner (rookie drafted in 3rd round of 2011 draft, 72 OVR)

Season 1 with Redskins (started 12 games): 25 tackles, 0 sacks, 1 INT, 1 FF

So basically I got a younger, shutdown corner who put up WAY better stats than Carlos Rogers ever could, and put up the same stats as Landry with a free safety rated 18 points lower.

Will Smith I had to get since Madden downgraded Andre Carter so tremendously, and Philip Daniels retiring forced me to have to draft a rookie DE (who will be 80 OVR next season).

Santana is Santana, he got me some points but getting a good pick before he drops dramatically in rating next season is worth it. Only thing I regret is that I couldn't make more of Lance Briggs (though I clearly did better than Bob did, DCX shamed us both). But I also put Cason to much better use than DCX did. And finally, I got rid of a crappy Rocky McIntosh, and got two LBs that have/will improve next season in return.
Stud. My D wouldn't be as aggressive if it wasn't for him. I'm looking to put some players around him, Knox and Lofton and make it beastly next season for sure!!

DCX

LiveWire

DCX said:
Stud. My D wouldn't be as aggressive if it wasn't for him. I'm looking to put some players around him, Knox and Lofton and make it beastly next season for sure!!

DCX

Just pray he doesn't get the Madden axe and drop 6 points. Though with those stats that's probably highly unlikely, I'd say 1 point worse case scenario, pretty likely he stays at 91.

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
Just pray he doesn't get the Madden axe and drop 6 points. Though with those stats that's probably highly unlikely, I'd say 1 point worse case scenario, pretty likely he stays at 91.
I doubt he will. even if he drops a point or two it won't be too bad.

DCX

PBY

Banned
franchise website wont load for me- have we advanced, and if so, whoever i got next i can play all of tomorrow,

LiveWire said:
Ah, there's your other tired comeback. Easy to say of course when you have a fantasy football team with ridiculously overrated depth to spare.

Since my afternoon meeting was postponed and I'm bored at work, let's look at my "formula of failure" as you'd likely put it.

You have to admit though that Rocky McIntosh + what ended up being Dion Grimes for Will Smith was a bad one. Although in your defense Rocky McIntosh although A potential hasn't changed points at all for me (and I don't believe he did for you either?) and Will Smith was coming off I think a 11-13 sack season (and was a need like you said)

PBY

Banned
Nightz said:
Yeah it has advanced. I believe you're playing daw.
thanks... yo daw, I can play all of tomorrow like i said earlier, but I also can play tonight- just let me know when u wanna play

LiveWire

sableholic said:
You have to admit though that Rocky McIntosh + what ended up being Dion Grimes for Will Smith was a bad one. Although in your defense Rocky McIntosh although A potential hasn't changed points at all for me (and I don't believe he did for you either?) and Will Smith was coming off I think a 11-13 sack season (and was a need like you said)

Well, Grimes would do me no good if I couldn't get him the ball. :lol You're right, it was a little lopsided, but taking a long-term view it was effectively Smith for a 1st rounder, cause McIntosh really has underperformed (bizzarely, looking at Orakpo's stats vs McIntosh's, and Orakpo has gone up 4 points since Season 1). And yea, I felt like I had to do something because the first 4 games I started with my rookie RE Ronnie Mayweather and he was getting pancaked all day long. Plus, Smith still went up in rating (2 points this past offseason) even after having a subpar year compared to season 1.

LiveWire said:
Well, Grimes would do me no good if I couldn't get him the ball. :lol You're right, it was a little lopsided, but taking a long-term view it was effectively Smith for a 1st rounder, cause McIntosh really has underperformed (bizzarely, looking at Orakpo's stats vs McIntosh's, and Orakpo has gone up 4 points since Season 1). And yea, I felt like I had to do something because the first 4 games I started with my rookie RE Ronnie Mayweather and he was getting pancaked all day long. Plus, Smith still went up in rating (2 points this past offseason) even after having a subpar year compared to season 1.
Damn didn't realize he went up last season in pts too. I did miss smith instantly but it got me grimes in the end so it worked out. Speaking of grimes who is in the running for rookie of the year?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez said:
Well Matrix, I'll be around tonight to play. :)

Ok cool, but I won't be free till at least 11:00/11:30 est.

I'll post in here when I'm free.

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
Damn didn't realize he went up last season in pts too. I did miss smith instantly but it got me grimes in the end so it worked out. Speaking of grimes who is in the running for rookie of the year?
As it pains me, it has to be Bjoeron. Tank and Scooter in the top five along with Grimes.

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm too lazy to look it up, but has Bjoeron had the best single season of any RB in our franchise?

DCX said:
As it pains me, it has to be Bjoeron. Tank and Scooter in the top five along with Grimes.

DCX
I think grimes year at wr and kr along with the fact that the fake rbs are all good has to count for something. But like lone I haven't looked at bjoerons stats

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
I'm too lazy to look it up, but has Bjoeron had the best single season of any RB in our franchise?
I don't think there is any question that he has.

At the end of the season, Matrix will have well over 3,000 rushing yards. That's gotta be an NFL record.

Oh damn I should not have started giving Bradshaw touches! I'd be really close to having two 1000 yard backs.

Wellington said:

At the end of the season, Matrix will have well over 3,000 rushing yards. That's gotta be an NFL record.

Oh damn I should not have started giving Bradshaw touches! I'd be really close to having two 1000 yard backs.
Really that many? Holy shit

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I might be behind on the sable script, but damn, Bjoern with 240 carries 2161 yards and 26 TD's

Season 1's best RB was between C. Johnson (304 2074 yards 19 TD), Willie Parker (309 1992 yards 20 TD), and perhaps Marshawn Lynch (1424 yards 23 TDs)

Season 2's best RB was between C Johnson again (255 1779Y 18 TD), Michael Turner (245 1817Y 25 TD) and Joey Keller (146 1622Y 28 TD)

It'd be neck and neck with Keller. Matrix has a few games to seperate more, but even Bjoern's 9 ypc average pales in comparison to Keller's 11.11 ypc. Fifty just didn't run him enough....I guess he was injured.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:

Does that make Bjax Ickey Woods and Brown the modern day James Brooks?

Fifty

Lonestar said:
Fifty just didn't run him enough....I guess he was injured.

Keller missed 3 games and countless downs due to his injury rating, and I couldn't run him that much because of a very low carry rating. Matrix's Swedish RB is like Keller 2.0.

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
I think grimes year at wr and kr along with the fact that the fake rbs are all good has to count for something. But like lone I haven't looked at bjoerons stats
Grimes is good, very good. Not Bjoern good, or Tank good before he died...he's second behind Mason.

DCX

bluemax

Banned
I actually wanted Grimes more than Garrison in the draft but I think he went like a pick before me. I probably would've been content with Campbell to Grimes.

Of course the way I spread the ball around it would've probably been a waste.

Fifty

Ray has been an absolute beast for the past 2 seasons. He was very good in season 1, but he has been carrying my D in S2 and this miserable S3. I await the offseason, so that he can finally get some rest and retire. We will walk off into the sunset together, hand in hand.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
haha I'm coming online now ready to lose Ram

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FMT can't play til the weekend yeah? Let me know dog. I'm at the hotel for the next four days to three weeks depending on how this deal goes so I'll have to jury rig my connection when you wanna play.

Matrix

I user pick Ram with Ryans for the 3rd time and he just quit on me. Now I have to play over 7 mins against the cpu.

WTF >_<

LiveWire

gg Story. You moved the ball well when you had to to give your team a chance to win. Unfortunately Madden decided to give London Fletcher a gift pick. Your defense is always tough, I gotta say probably the best in the NFC West.

Striker

Birdman02 said:
Striker, any chance you're around now? If not, I can play any time after 9 est tomorrow night.
I would, but I'm dead tired. Only was able to sleep two hours last night. Heading off here shortly.

Tomorrow night sounds good to me, bro.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Should have tanked like you said you were going to do!

My D showed up and when they do I can actually have a good game. I can't pass those up.

Bjoern did his thing, though one td was against the cpu :(

Ramirez

Yea, sorry I guess.

I'm done after this season, I will finish out the season though, not quit, then come back, then complain about coming back.

Matrix had 6 first downs at the end of the 3rd and had 31 points, the game was sickening on so many levels. Nothing he did really, just Madden being Madden. Opening drive took 3 plays with 3 straight runs with Bjorn, had him tackled multiple times on every play and he just squirts out of all of them, pretty sure he broke 5-6 tackles in a 3 play span. What's dumb is that even though I completely shut him down in the 2nd and 3rd quarters for the most part, he of course had another pro tak break for a 70 yard TD. I just feel like even if I do shut him down you know that he has at least one of those types of unstoppable plays in him and there's squat you can do about it.

I do know that I continue to play after this season my anticipation for 11 will be pretty much nil, so with a baby due in a few days, I think I'll just save my heart the pain I get from playing this POS.

Top Bottom