• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
You probably went for it on 3rd down and offended his conservative sensibilities.

:lol

I honestly have no clue wtf he quit. It was me picking him off and not the cpu.

I get that I had the game wrapped up with a 31-14 lead in the 4th with 7 mins and Bjoern on my side, but at least tell me you are quitting or something. It was really rude no matter the time/score and considering I play all 4 quarters even when I get blown out I consider this poor sportsmanship.

Maybe his wife is having a problem with labor again or something, but it was just odd how he just quit as soon as Ryans got another pick.

edit- nm saw his response.

That 70 yard run I think I broke two tackles on that play, I have seen far worse than that.

Whatever game is over with and in the past. I don't want to get into any kinda argument about this.

Ramirez

Matrix said:
:lol

I honestly have no clue wtf he quit. It was me picking him off and not the cpu.

I get that I had the game wrapped up with a 31-14 lead in the 4th with 7 mins and Bjoern on my side, but at least tell me you are quitting or something. It was really rude no matter the time/score and considering I play all 4 quarters even when I get blown out I consider this poor sportsmanship.

Maybe his wife is having a problem with labor again or something, but it was just odd how he just quit as soon as Ryans got another pick.

You said it yourself, the game was wrapped up, why waste my time being miserable for another 7 minutes? I've just had my fill of the game to the point where I really do not want to sit through a blowout, which is probably what the next game will be too if I have to play Crow.

Honestly, if Crow can't play I would have no problem with it being simmed.

LiveWire

Hmm, power team players quitting at the first sign of trouble. First Fifty, now Ramirez. I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you. I wonder what will happen to CB if he's on the path to a 4-12 season? I predict a quit as well.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez said:
You said it yourself, the game was wrapped up, why waste my time being miserable for another 7 minutes? I've just had my fill of the game to the point where I really do not want to sit through a blowout, which is probably what the next game will be too if I have to play Crow.

Honestly, if Crow can't play I would have no problem with it being simmed.

Just tell me next time. Also I have been blown out a ton and sit through it. Again you could have just told me/asked me out of respect.

I don't care for playing the cpu no matter what the score.

Ramirez

LiveWire said:
Hmm, power team players quitting at the first sign of trouble. First Fifty, now Ramirez. I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you. I wonder what will happen to CB if he's on the path to a 4-12 season? I predict a quit as well.

Yea, definitely not because we're 3 seasons in and the game is just becoming a predictable chore to me. I wouldn't exactly call a 10-5 record trouble, but ya know.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:

Ill never go 4-12. Your two wins automatically. I can always atleast pull me self to .500

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
gg Story. You moved the ball well when you had to to give your team a chance to win. Unfortunately Madden decided to give London Fletcher a gift pick. Your defense is always tough, I gotta say probably the best in the NFC West.
That's what I said when I played him in week 2! If he had a little more talent (and not so many bad breaks in the fourth quarter) he'd be right in the mix.

There's not a lot of disparity between the skill levels of the players in the league except for the top end, IMO (Rors). The "good" players can just make things happen when needed. GCQ is another guy who's record does not reflect his skill.

Matrix had a monster game with Ryans. If I could play LB I wouldn't control the best guy on the field because the AI would be able to make things happen with him, kudos to Matrix. Once he gets the Texans with the stat boost for Cushing next year, he will be pretty tough to run on. :|

He's also over 3000 rushing yards!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/team/rushing

YARDS GAINED
Most Yards Gained Rushing, Season
3,165 New England, 1978
3,088 Buffalo, 1973
2,986 Kansas City, 1978

AVERAGE GAIN
Highest Average Gain, Rushing, Season
5.74 Cleveland, 1963
5.65 San Francisco, 1954
5.56 San Diego, 1963

TOUCHDOWNS
Most Touchdowns, Rushing, Season
36 Green Bay, 1962
33 Pittsburgh, 1976
32 Kansas City, 2003
San Diego, 2006

http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/indiv/rushing

Most Yards Gained, Season
2,105 Eric Dickerson, L.A. Rams, 1984
2,066 Jamal Lewis, Baltimore, 2003
2,053 Barry Sanders, Detroit, 1997

Congrats Matrix and Bjöern! (Yes I know he's at 3,090 for the team, but it's only academic at this point)

Wellington said:
That's what I said when I played him in week 2! If he had a little more talent (and not so many bad breaks in the fourth quarter) he'd be right in the mix.

There's not a lot of disparity between the skill levels of the players in the league except for the top end, IMO (Rors). The "good" players can just make things happen when needed. GCQ is another guy who's record does not reflect his skill.

Matrix had a monster game with Ryans. If I could play LB I wouldn't control the best guy on the field because the AI would be able to make things happen with him, kudos to Matrix. Once he gets the Texans with the stat boost for Cushing next year, he will be pretty tough to run on. :|

He's also over 3000 rushing yards!

Ah you mean team stats rushing.

Also completely agree about the player skill level. GCQ always provides me with tough games no matter what his record says

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Wellington said:
Hey Denogg, I am pretty flexible with my sched starting next week, so let me know when is good for you after the advance.
Will do. My hell month starts next week so I will be trying to get the games in early in the evening (8EST).

daw840

DenogginizerOS said:
If you are referring to me, I was referring to my surgery schedule.

Oh, I'm sorry Mr fancy-pants doctor! I'm glad you take time out to play our little games with us worthless plebes!

Actually it was more of a general question as I think I remember someone else saying something about finals earlier this week.

LiveWire

Denog is Jack Shepard!!

tumblr_kpzcxqPfs21qz7nz4o1_500.jpg

Nightz

DenogginizerOS said:
If you are referring to me, I was referring to my surgery schedule.
What kind of surgery do you do? From your username I picture you cutting people's heads off or taking their brains out. :lol

I'll guess I'll be cheering for the real Rams to make some good moves this offseason since I'm probably going to be stuck with them again when Madden 11 comes out.

One more game to go and I can officially retire from Madden 10.

DenogginizerOS

Nightz said:
What kind of surgery do you do? From your username I picture you cutting people's heads off or taking their brains out. :lol
I am a surgical tech who assists a vascular surgeon. I am NOT an MD.

But I have removed a head or two in my lifetime....

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DenogginizerOS said:
I am a surgical tech who assists a vascular surgeon. I am NOT an MD.

But I have removed a head or two in my lifetime....

hmmmm, Head Pun alert is going off.

We can try for tonight, D, if you want.

Though, I'm working on not much sleep, and my Cable was out last night (but seems to be working this morning.)

DenogginizerOS

Lonestar said:
hmmmm, Head Pun alert is going off.

We can try for tonight, D, if you want.

Though, I'm working on not much sleep, and my Cable was out last night (but seems to be working this morning.)

8EST works for me. Otherwise, if your cable is out, we can try to go tomorrow night I guess.

Wellington said:
Burnout tonight?
I am up for it. Bob and I had some cops and robbers fun today.

Mrbob

I'll hop into a Burnout game if you guys are online around 10CST. Had my first taste today playing online with wireless on PS3 and it worked well.

Nightz

DenogginizerOS said:
I am up for it. Bob and I had some cops and robbers fun today.
What's cops and robbers like? I didn't download that DLC.

I might play with you guys if I can pull myself away from Heavy Rain.
Doubt it though.

Mrbob

There is a cops and robbers mode we played which seemd like a variation on capture the flag. But instead of being an item in each base, there is only one piece of gold in the middle of the map. Each team starts on one side and makes a run for the gold. You want to grab the gold piece and bring it back to your base for a score. It is best two out of three for a winner. You can get the gold piece away from the other player by doing a takedown. When you grab the gold piece it slows down your maixmum speed, so you have to make some crazy maneauvers on side roads to try and make it back to your base intact. On one of the chases when I had the gold piece we were going on the freeway. I did a 180 at the last second to barely have Denogg miss at hitting me on a takedown, then I floored my vehicle and went flying off the edge. I ended up hitting a billboard below me perfectly and I grinded across it and then onto the ground. It was crazy and I wish the game allowed you to keep videos. :lol I could go off the edge again 1000 times and I don't think I would ever grind the billboard like I did. This game mode would be really fun with 4 on 4 action.

I know EA is selling all the DLC seperately together in one package for $19.99. Big Surf Island is fun to play and that is $12.99 alone, might as well get the rest of the dlc together.

Mrbob

Maybe someone can enter a hosts game who has Cops and Robbers and everyone can play? We'll try it out sometime.

All those damn patches we have to download (5 of them! 1GB of Data!) is for the DLC. So everyone has the data on their PS3 HDD for the DLC whether they bought it or not. This might allow for people to enter host games and play.

DenogginizerOS

Great game Lonestar. Barclay was unstoppable.

And after next week's game with the Giants, I will officially be pulling out of the league. As I mentioned earlier, my upcoming month will be hellacious at work and combined with all the many other games that are coming out, softball season starting in mid-march, and the days getting longer, I think it is time to say farewell. I have enjoyed this year, and I eagerly await Madden 11 and another great franchise with all of you guys. Best of luck to all of the teams in the playoffs (including the CPU owner of the Broncos). I will do my best to make Wellington earn his way in. ;)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DenogginizerOS said:

And after next week's game with the Giants, I will officially be pulling out of the league. As I mentioned earlier, my upcoming month will be hellacious at work and combined with all the many other games that are coming out, softball season starting in mid-march, and the days getting longer, I think it is time to say farewell. I have enjoyed this year, and I eagerly await Madden 11 and another great franchise with all of you guys. Best of luck to all of the teams in the playoffs (including the CPU owner of the Broncos). I will do my best to make Wellington earn his way in. ;)
Me and my D are up for it.

Glad I am the one you play on the way out, let's make it a good one.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DenogginizerOS said:

Aye.

Was trying some new things out, and I'm surprised it work. I'm usually just trying to control the DT's, but this time, I really tried working with Barwin on the ends. Able to get some pressure and a sack!

Haven't seen too many slot WR's take a slant (actually, one of those 3 stage slant moves), and Pro-Tak out of a 3 man tackle, and run it 65 yards for a TD. Well, I saw Barclay do that.

That play with Welker's TD, even caught me by surprised how open he was. THat particular play, I like the route from Bellow's on the opposite side, followed by a drag by barclay in the slot. If neither would work (like this time) I usually go with the FB in the opposite flat, and was about to...till I saw Welker, who just ran a simple go route. No one within 20 yards of him.

kind of dissapointed in winning. I'm ruining my draft slot.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Aye.

Was trying some new things out, and I'm surprised it work. I'm usually just trying to control the DT's, but this time, I really tried working with Barwin on the ends. Able to get some pressure and a sack!

Haven't seen too many slot WR's take a slant (actually, one of those 3 stage slant moves), and Pro-Tak out of a 3 man tackle, and run it 65 yards for a TD. Well, I saw Barclay do that.

That play with Welker's TD, even caught me by surprised how open he was. THat particular play, I like the route from Bellow's on the opposite side, followed by a drag by barclay in the slot. If neither would work (like this time) I usually go with the FB in the opposite flat, and was about to...till I saw Welker, who just ran a simple go route. No one within 20 yards of him.

kind of dissapointed in winning. I'm ruining my draft slot.
Welcome to the darkside my friend!

Question #1: Who is playing Burnout tonight

Question #2: LJ is still as Bills right? Haven't seen him on AIM or here, I should PM him I guess.

daw840

peterb0y said:
that was my roomie, I just got back to my dorm... wanna play now?

Ah, that explains it. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to play anymore tonight. I have been on the 360 for about 8 hours now and the wife just got home:lol

LJ11

ph33nix said:
Question #1: Who is playing Burnout tonight

Question #2: LJ is still as Bills right? Haven't seen him on AIM or here, I should PM him I guess.

I thought you quit? Actually played the cpu a few nights ago just to mess around with my team, almost finished the game too.

Ready whenever you are.

LJ11 said:
I thought you quit? Actually played the cpu a few nights ago just to mess around with my team, almost finished the game too.

Ready whenever you are.

I'm not sure if I can tonight. Can we just set a solid date for tomorrow night?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LJ11 said:

Ready whenever you are.

Little known fact: Pheeknicks is latin for "Empty Threats"

Top Bottom