• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Welp I am now officially set up to get screwed. If all three of us win next week, CB, Somnia, and I will all be 10-6. I'd be 5-1 in the division (which doesn't matter in 3 way ties I don't think) and we'd all be 7-5 in the division. It'd come down to common opponents in real life I think. 5-1 in the division, 2-2 against NFCW, and 3-1 against AFCE. I think CB and I are tied there. Meanwhile Somnia would be 3-3 in divisional games, SMH.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.
Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
12. Coin toss

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
12. Coin toss

So it's whomever had the best head-to-head record between the 3 teams to determine division winner. In your ideal scenario, you'd be 3-1 (1-1 against Eagles and 2-0 against Cowboys). Eagles would be 2-2 (1-1 against Giants and 1-1 against Cowboys) and Cowboys would be 1-3 (1-1 against Eagles and 0-2 against Giants). You SHOULD win the division in real NFL rules.

Nightz

GG Zep. I was scared that you were going to run on me all game when Johnson broke off a 79 yarder on your first play. :lol Thankfully my D started playing a little better after that. Your defense against the run was beastly too. Donald Brown was completely shut down, so I was playing out of my element by passing much more than I'm used to. Close game, was fun. :D

Zep

Banned
I planned on that :lol then 2 fumbles later, I was down 10 and it was halftime so I had to get out of my plan to run the ball 30+ times and throw the ball a lot more than I wanted. You were picking spots with Carson also.. There was no defense for the shit he was squeezing in, so I just gotta tip my cap there.

That 3rd and 2 to end the game...I had everyone sitting back in a zone, even my ends! and chad still caught it :lol killin me here!

bluemax

Banned
Fess up CB, you got nervous in the 4th quarter there when I cut the lead to 3.

Terrible tackling by both teams in that game.

Wish I could've done something with those two picks you gave me. And my punt coverage was atrocious.

Not a bad second half considering I stopped caring at half time!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lebron James was trying to crab dribble his way into a comeback that half. Fucking Pro-tak.

Its looking like if i beat Pheeknicks next week, ill be set up to either play AT, or Somnia.

bluemax

Banned
CB3 said:
Lebron James was trying to crab dribble his way into a comeback that half. Fucking Pro-tak.

Its looking like if i beat Pheeknicks next week, ill be set up to either play AT, or Somnia.

I think LeRon's career high 222 yards makes up for McRibb rushing for 31 yards and having 2 years to throw on that completion to Tory Holt.

And yet I still managed to sack him twice and pick him off twice.

Also Westbrook snuck his way out of a few tackles en route to 3 runs of over 2 yards.

CB3

Im gonna miss BW next year :(

Marcus Brooks did he best Jerome Bettis impression. 2 Attempts, 2 TD's, 1 Yard.

CB3

Somnia said:
NFC finish should be exciting. To play Pennington or the rookie against Livewire...what to do what to do.

It wont matter. You can play Tashard Choice at QB and you'd be good. Money in the bank

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez said:
What is this I don't even...

False alarm, but with a due date of March 1st, it could come anytime. :p We'll get it in tomorrow Matrix...

I'm up if you want to play now :lol If not, I'll be free tomorrow/ errr tonight starting at 11 pm est.

I think Dm was hoping you would be his Robin.

Ramirez

Matrix said:
I'm up if you want to play now :lol If not, I'll be free tomorrow/ errr tonight starting at 11 pm est.

I think Dm was hoping you would be his Robin.

That sounds good, I would play tonight, but I'm barely awake. :lol

Striker

A "wow" to Bluemax's clip he displayed on the website. I know DE's gotta contain, but that's crazy. The poor single DT doing all he could.

Birdman, I can play today some time after 2 PM est.

LukeSmith said:
I'd suggest Sable rest anyone he's interested in having for the playoffs. :D

Dudes are gonna get hit late and often.

prepare for a lot of null/pearman
the geek in me is excited to have a qb named null

as far as schedule goes i'm probably not free till friday. Whats your friday look like?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Striker said:
A "wow" to Bluemax's clip he displayed on the website. I know DE's gotta contain, but that's crazy. The poor single DT doing all he could.

:lol Just saw this. That DT was putting some work in. :lol

Yesterday was the first time I had to use the capabilities of my kicker. I ended up nailing a 55 yarder and I didn't even get full power on the meter. :lol Rors is lucky with Jano.

I guess league won't advance until Saturday? Guess I can finally finish off ME tonight and put in some quality time with B:p.

*Disclaimer: League is scheduled to advance on Saturday at the latest, Wellington, Wellie, CK, or anyone else claiming to be me does not endorse waiting until Saturday "just because".*

Birdman02

Striker said:

I'm at work until about 7 est, maybe a little later. The earliest I can probably play is like 9-9:30, but I was planning on watching the Mavs game. I'd rather wait until tomorrow, but if that's no good for you then I can maybe play during the 2nd qtr and halftime.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nightz said:
:lol at the NFC East race. Final week should be a good one.
There is no race.

Somnia - Win and In
CB - Win and In
CK - Out in the cold. :(

Better draft pick tho. ;)

Actually I didn't notice this but if any two of the Eagles, Cowboys, or Giants lose, and DM wins, he makes the playoffs.

Mrbob

The NFC scenerios are actually pretty wild. I was looking over it this morning, factoring in MTC ("Madden Tiebreaker Cheese"):

Somnia basically needs to win to get in. He wins, he is in as the division champ thanks to MTC. He loses the game, most likely he is out of the playoff race.

Wellington and his Giants can win the division if he wins his last game and both CB and Somnia lose. But lets face it, there is no chance pheeniks will beat CB so we'll have him at 10-6 already. So Wellington needs to win and get some help in the process. Either I lose my last two games (possible), or Somnia loses his last game, or a third scenerio can pop up. If I win one of my last two games, and AT and somnia lose their final game, a scenerio comes up where my MTC kicks Big AT out of the division crown, and Wellie's MTC would kick in over AT back in the wild card. Wellie gets the 5 seed, AT gets the 6 seed.

Eagles are in the playoffs right now. Like I said above, no way the tanker can pull off a final week upset. The only thing CB needs to wait on now is how other games fall out in the final weeks to see what seeding he gets.

Packers win their last game against the Saints (who could be resting players), and AT is in the playoffs. There is a small scenerio where AT could be out. If the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles all win their last game and both the Bears and Packers finish 10-6 MTC takes over for the division and the Bears win it. Then MTC kicks in for the wild card and the Packers are out.

Bears win one of their final two games, they are in the playoffs. Bears win their last two they win the division via MTC. There is a small possibility the Bears could move up to the 2 seed if they win their final two games and the Niners lose their last two. Highly unlikely scenerio though. There is also a scenerio where the Bears could be out of the playoffs too by losing their last two games. And another scenerio too where they are in the playoffs even if they lose their final two games. Either Somnia, Wellie, or CB lose their last game, Bears are in.

Saints are in the one seed right now, but the Niners are only a game behind and breathing close. Saints have a guaranteed bye at the moment, but not the top spot locked up. If the Niners and Saints end up with the same record, MTC kicks in and the Niners get the 1 seed. So we'll see what Sable wants to do. Be happy with his bye week or play for home field advantage!

Bucs are in the playoffs as the 6 seed if they win their final game, and two of the three 9-6 NFC East teams lose their final game. There is no scenerio where the Bucs can finish ahead of the Bears. :D

Thanks to MTC, DCX Falcons are officially eliminated from playoff contention.

Rorschach

I can't keep Boobles out of the playoffs? That's no fun.

Next year, I claim the Bears. JPout is up for trade, though if anyone wants him.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I can't keep Boobles out of the playoffs? That's no fun.

Next year, I claim the Bears. JPout is up for trade, though if anyone wants him.
You can if he loses to the (AI) Broncos, but AT would have to win next week against a Saints team resting players and all three NFC Easters would have to win.

LiveWire

So I can keep the Cowboys out with a win, but the Eagles are guaranteed no matter what?

So if I'm reading that right, we're talking a Eagles/Packers or Eagles/Bears matchup (Dallas wins)or an Eagles/Giants matchup (Dallas loses)?

I'm trying to get the hardest scenario for CB here, any advice? I'll gladly roll over for Somnia if that's the best option. :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
So I can keep the Cowboys out with a win, but the Eagles are guaranteed no matter what?

So if I'm reading that right, we're talking a Eagles/Packers or Eagles/Bears matchup (Dallas wins)or an Eagles/Giants matchup (Dallas loses)?

I'm trying to get the hardest scenario for CB here, any advice? I'll gladly roll over for Somnia if that's the best option. :D

2confie.jpg

For the greater good.

bluemax

Banned
Striker said:

I was controlling the DT, I wanted to manually switch to the DE but I was afraid it would switch me to a DB giving CB an even more open guy to hit.

LukeSmith

sableholic said:
prepare for a lot of null/pearman
the geek in me is excited to have a qb named null

as far as schedule goes i'm probably not free till friday. Whats your friday look like?

Too early to tell re: Friday. Seems like that being the earliest possible date is fine. Might have to be Saturday during the day tho

CB3

Nothing you can try to do will make anything harder for me livewire. I wrote you off losing to Somnia this game weeks ago. You "rolling over" doesnt make a difference. You would lose trying regardless.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
Nothing you can try to do will make anything harder for me livewire. I wrote you off losing to Somnia this game weeks ago. You "rolling over" doesnt make a difference. You would lose trying regardless.
:lol

Cooooold Blooded

Who would you rather ether, Pheeniks or Live??

LiveWire

CB3 said:

Then I guess I should try and win, so if I end up 7-9 I can say the only difference between your superpowered 90+ team and my high 70s/low 80s team was 3 wins, cause everyone knows neither one of us is winning the championship this season.

CB3

You could have had a good team by now. But you Lease out your players then overpay to get them back. Its not a formula for success.

LiveWire

CB3 said:
You could have had a good team by now. But you Lease out your players then overpay to get them back. Its not a formula for success.

Ah, there's your other tired comeback. Easy to say of course when you have a fantasy football team with ridiculously overrated depth to spare.

Since my afternoon meeting was postponed and I'm bored at work, let's look at my "formula of failure" as you'd likely put it.

Original Redskins players and picks traded:

LaRon Landry
Carlos Rogers
Rocky McIntosh
Brian Orakpo
Fred Smoot
Santana Moss
1st round 2011 draft
2nd round 2011 draft pick

Let's look at what I got from all that:

Lance Briggs (later traded to Falcons for Orakpo back)
lower 2nd round 2011 draft pick
extra 3rd round 2011 pick
extra 2nd (potentially 1st) 2012 pick
Brian Orakpo (back from trade with Atlanta)
Fred Smoot (back from waivers)
Antoine Cason
Stephen Nicholas
Will Smith

Now let's look at the stats/ratings for all these players:

LaRon Landry (89 OVR rating currently)
Season 1 with Skins: 34 tackles, 3 INTs, 5 FFs
Season 2 with Bears: 47 tackles, 0 INTs, 4 FFs
Season 3 with Bears: 64 tackles, 4 INTs, 3 FFs

My replacement for LaRon Landry the past two seasons, Kareem Moore (71 OVR currently):
Season 1 with Skins (backup to Landry): 15 tackles, 1 INT, 0 FFs
Season 2 with Skins (starter): 32 tackles, 2 INTs, 2 FFs
Season 3 with Skins (starter): 37 tackles, 3 INTs, 5 FFs

Carlos Rogers (87 OVR in Season 1, now rated 83 OVR, 31 years old)
Season 1 with Skins: 20 tackles, 1 INT, 2 FFs
Season 2 with Bears: 20 tackles, 1 INT, 1 FF
Season 3 with Bears: 18 tackles, 1 INT, 0 FFs

Antoine Cason (currently 88 OVR, will be 90+ next season, 26 years old)

Season 1 with Chargers: 15 tackles, 3 INTs, 0 FFs
Season 2 with Falcons/Skins (2nd in depth chart to DeAngelo): 16 tackles, 2 INTs, 0 FFs
Season 3 with Skins(starting corner): 24 tackles, 5 INTs, 3 FFs

Lance Briggs (currently 91 OVR)
Season 1 with Bears: 52 tackles, 2 sacks, 0 INT, 0 FFs
Season 2 with Redskins: 33 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, 2 FFs
Season 3 with Falcons: 29 tackles, 5 sacks, 3 INTs, 1 FF (great job by DCX)

Rocky McIntosh (77 OVR season 1, currently -- 77 OVR!)

Season 1 with Redskins: 32 tackles, 3 sacks, 6 INTs, 1 FF
Season 2 with Saints: 44 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, 2 FF
Season 3 with Saints: 25 tackles, 0 sacks, 2 INTs, 0 FFs

Brian Orakpo (82 OVR season 1, currently 85 OVR)

Season 1 with Redskins: 44 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 INT, 1 FF
Season 2 with Falcons: 38 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 INT, 1 FF
Season 3 with Redskins: 45 tackles, 1 sack, 0 INT, 1 FF

Stephen Nicholas (currently 72 OVR)

Season 1 with Falcons: 21 tackles, 0 sacks, 1 INT, 1 FF
Season 2 with Redskins (starter): 23 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 INT, 0 FF
Season 3 with Redskins (started 4 games): 12 tackles, 1 sack, 2 INTs, 0 FF

Harrison Turner (rookie drafted in 3rd round of 2011 draft, 72 OVR)

Season 1 with Redskins (started 12 games): 25 tackles, 0 sacks, 1 INT, 1 FF

So basically I got a younger, shutdown corner who put up WAY better stats than Carlos Rogers ever could, and put up the same stats as Landry with a free safety rated 18 points lower.

Will Smith I had to get since Madden downgraded Andre Carter so tremendously, and Philip Daniels retiring forced me to have to draft a rookie DE (who will be 80 OVR next season).

Santana is Santana, he got me some points but getting a good pick before he drops dramatically in rating next season is worth it. Only thing I regret is that I couldn't make more of Lance Briggs (though I clearly did better than Bob did, DCX shamed us both). But I also put Cason to much better use than DCX did. And finally, I got rid of a crappy Rocky McIntosh, and got two LBs that have/will improve next season in return.

Top Bottom