• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm back bitches!

so i'm playing the eagles next round? i think i'd rather play the bears :/

I was gonna say lets play but i forgot about LJ/Smokey :(

Smokey

Sorry guys been a very rough week with school but its over now and LJ has things of his own going on.

LJ said we might be able to play tonight depending on his situation, but he will let me know.

bluemax

Banned
Lonestar said:
See, it always comes down to "where should I be putting Welker" I keep leaving him at the #1 spot, and I just forget about him over there. He's not going to beat the #1 CB deep, and with the way my brain reads the screen, I'm better going to the left side than the right. Welker needs to be the slot guy, it's where I should have been putting him. But I don't want Bellows on the right side, because of similar fears (though, he still has the ability to beat #1's.

Heck, Bellows would be a great slot guy too, cause he's not very big (6-0 190 lbs). But his catch in traffic rating is average. Barclay's got slot guy ratings, but isn't a strong enough catcher for the #1 spot, and is only quality fast at 90 spd. But he's the bigger target at 6-2 203 lbs.

Also thinking of moving Slaton as well. Moves, I'll wait, until I see what the draft is consistant of. We can see what's in the draft when we do FA, right?

It's also hard to figure what to replace. So much is dictated by progression enhancesments (please let Carter and Feazel jump alot...PLEEEEEASE). I could see asking for Tuck first, Kiwanuka second (to put in the other spot from 15 sack Connor Barwin :D)

Maybe a Lineman (which is going to be tough on everyone this year. It's the last year, so unless there's stellar OL in the draft all over the place. You either hope people drop them in FA, hope you drafted ok in the past, or that your current line doesn't retire/decline.
The pats playbook seems designed for Welker at 2. All those short routes where he can pick up a ton of YAC.

LJ11

Sorry for not being active fellas, been real busy the last several days. Seems like every time the playoffs come around stuff starts popping up. I won't be able to play tonight smokey, but I'll be free on Friday for sure.

Wellington said:
Should have been five in a row. >:|

i was mistaken it was 4 of the last 5, I had one win in there. Still bitter about that loss? gotta work on the red zone offense 3 trips for each of us, mine 2 tds yours 2 fgs.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
i was mistaken it was 4 of the last 5, I had one win in there. Still bitter about that loss? gotta work on the red zone offense 3 trips for each of us, mine 2 tds yours 2 fgs.
Am I still bitter about it? I have not thrown away the *two* broken controllers.

I get you next year.

Wellington said:
Am I still bitter about it? I have not thrown away the *two* broken controllers.

I get you next year.

look forward to it, we've played 2 of the 3 seasons right? I want to say you squeeked out one against me in season 1, but maybe that was just scrimmage?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
bluemax said:
The pats playbook seems designed for Welker at 2. All those short routes where he can pick up a ton of YAC.

Didn't use the Patriots playbook alot. Against some teams, it works, against others, it doesn't. And there's not alot there in terms of running.

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
I took Tai-ler Bernard at some point in the draft, not sure if it was before you, but it wasn't the first safety drafted. He was a FS, but I'm playing him at SS, he did pretty good 51 tackles 3 ints (davion had 51 tackles 8 ints 2 ff, he fs or ss?).

Edit: nm I see rors post, so I took him before you but not first

Parker: 25 tackles 2 sacks 1 int 0 ff
Brown: 42 tackles 0 sacks 3 ints 1 ff
Timmons: 46 tackles 0 sacks 1 int 0 ff
Bernard: 51 tackles 0 sacks 3 ints 0 ff
Kelly: 51 tackles 0 sacks 8 ints 2 ff
What about my rook?

Oliver: 47 tackles 0 sacks 5 ints 0 ff

He's gotta be in the conversation even though Kelly wins out right. Kelly was my number one target in the draft, then when i saw that Tank may be there for the taking i made a play for him and moved up in the draft. Comparing Kelly to Oliver i think making a play for a beast RB and getting Oliver with similar numbers proves to have been the right move.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
He's gotta be in the conversation about first round safeties and safeties taken before Kelly? :p Why?
...i thought we were talking about rookie safeties and performance this season...my bad...

DCX

Fifty

I've been too busy being Canadian, and masturbating furiously to the visage of Sidney Crosby to notice that NFL free agency is going to start now..without a cap. And to think that we've been begging for them to add a cap next year, when the real NFL is a bigger mess than us. :lol

PBY

Banned
soo... when do you guys think the draft will be? just asking b/c ill be out all next week b/c of spring break

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
Sounds like you're screwed.
I doubt it goes next week.

What's the word on the FAs? Fifty is in and out and he collected the list before, I am willing to volunteer myself for the cuts.

... but I guess we can't do that until progressions hit. :|

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
peterb0y said:
Mr. Sunshine and rainbows :lol its cool tho, I'm actually looking to trade my 1 and 2 picks, need a good qb or receiver

Vick for a second rounder.

peterb0y said:
Mr. Sunshine and rainbows :lol its cool tho, I'm actually looking to trade my 1 and 2 picks, need a good qb or receiver
? Why not draft a qb or wr with the first pick? I got grimes at four last year and many people have gotten good qbs in the first

Nightz

chadjohnsonpic.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Anyone interested in Burnout this weekend? True to form, MaddenGAF buys another game then never plays it. Aside from the gym I am around all day Saturday and Sunday.

What's there to lose! It's not like people will be playing their games or anything.

hey i've been out of town for 3 weeks and i played when i was home on the weekends!

i'm down for some burnout on sunday! maybe on saturday too!

in other news, can we get a rough count on what we're working with for next season?

i know lonestar is back. dave (daw) are you gone for sure? i know storybook (rams) is gone.

looks like we'll still have a pretty full roster considering zep and sinistar are staying!

p.s. sinistar you can have any available team without an owner. i know i was going to give you the pats, but that was contingent on lonestar leaving and he is not! you could have the vikes (if daw is indeed leaving)!

anyways, let me know if you aren't playing next season for sure or even if you're on the fence. otherwise i'll assume you're down for another wild season!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
anyways, let me know if you aren't playing next season for sure or even if you're on the fence. otherwise i'll assume you're down for another wild season!
I'm not a commish but can we please have guys that comeback for next season play all their games? Enough of this BS about not "feeling" like playing for short periods of time or hard stretches in the schedule.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
I'm not a commish but can we please have guys that comeback for next season play all their games? Enough of this BS about not "feeling" like playing for short periods of time or hard stretches in the schedule.

And can we get a consistent absentee policy on "fill-ins" vs. "Play the CPU"?

Sinistar said:
So lets get this out of the way, is lonestar gonna play next season or not? I was already making plans for the pats :(

he's playing broham!

the vikes are there for you! and i will come up with a definitive fill-in or CPU policy before the season starts so we avoid issues in the future!

Ramirez

I'm definitely out for the rest of the year, my child was born on the 1st and has been in the NICU at UK ever since with digestive problems, please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers guys. :(

TheCrow

Ramirez said:
I'm definitely out for the rest of the year, my child was born on the 1st and has been in the NICU at UK ever since with digestive problems, please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers guys. :(

Damn, I was just thinking about sending you an IM to ask how he was doing. Hopefully he pulls out of it and gets healthy.

LukeSmith

Ramirez said:

Sorry bud, gimme a shout if there's anything I can do.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez said:

Sorry to hear that :( and as someone with digestive issues and my nephew who has problems as well...I really feel you pain.

Hope it all works out for your little one and your family.

Nightz

Ramirez said:
Sucks man. Take care of little Ram.

bluemax

Banned
Ramirez said:

Is it diverticulitis or whatever? I found out recently one of my friends from middle school has that.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
bluemax said:
Is it diverticulitis or whatever? I found out recently one of my friends from middle school has that.

As someone who knows too much about colon issues, I'm almost 100% certain his newborn baby doesn't have that.

That usually occurs the older you get and also is caused by a lack of fiber in your diet. It's even rare for young children/teens to get it.

bluemax

Banned
Matrix said:
As someone who knows too much about colon issues, I'm almost 100% certain his newborn baby doesn't have that.

That usually occurs the older you get and also is caused by a lack of fiber in your diet. It's even rare for young children/teens to get it.

Well that's good, sort of.

Whatever it is I hope that it doesn't prevent baby ramirez from having a long and fulfilling life.

Ramirez said:
Sorry to hear that ram, hopefully things get better

Ramirez said:

best wishes man keep us updated

FrenchMovieTheme said:

On the fence, but leaning towards playing again. At the very least I want to do my favorite part, the draft.

Ramirez said:

wow i'm sorry to hear that. hopefully they can take care of it, best wishes!

Birdman02

Ramirez said:

Sorry to hear that, Ram. I hope your little one gets better soon.

Top Bottom