• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
See, it always comes down to "where should I be putting Welker" I keep leaving him at the #1 spot, and I just forget about him over there. He's not going to beat the #1 CB deep, and with the way my brain reads the screen, I'm better going to the left side than the right. Welker needs to be the slot guy, it's where I should have been putting him. But I don't want Bellows on the right side, because of similar fears (though, he still has the ability to beat #1's.

Heck, Bellows would be a great slot guy too, cause he's not very big (6-0 190 lbs). But his catch in traffic rating is average. Barclay's got slot guy ratings, but isn't a strong enough catcher for the #1 spot, and is only quality fast at 90 spd. But he's the bigger target at 6-2 203 lbs.

Also thinking of moving Slaton as well. Moves, I'll wait, until I see what the draft is consistant of. We can see what's in the draft when we do FA, right?

It's also hard to figure what to replace. So much is dictated by progression enhancesments (please let Carter and Feazel jump alot...PLEEEEEASE). I could see asking for Tuck first, Kiwanuka second (to put in the other spot from 15 sack Connor Barwin :D)

Maybe a Lineman (which is going to be tough on everyone this year. It's the last year, so unless there's stellar OL in the draft all over the place. You either hope people drop them in FA, hope you drafted ok in the past, or that your current line doesn't retire/decline.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
bluemax said:
Stephens started to become boom or bust with all of his KR Fumbles, although I think maybe I should've gone back to him because Tull didn't do nearly as well.

I did have at least two Tull KR TDs called back due to penalties.
Same here with Bradshaw. :|

High five to those of us using real NFL players as returners and getting results!

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
See, it always comes down to "where should I be putting Welker"

Don't stress, friend! I've got plane tickets for him and his girlfriend to come and see our nation's capital. Let's make a deal! :D

Lonestar

Always wondered if Sable could have included some of the other statistics. The ones that show up on player's individual sheet. WR's have drops, Defensive players have Tackles for Loss. It's hard to go through, but Barwin and Dockett, who finished tied with 15 sacks, was close in TKLs (Dockett 23, Barwin 22)

Just going over some of the higher sack guys, these are their TKLs totals for season 3.
Giant's Sintim has 22
TB's Breyley has 23
Bill's Osi has 16
Bill's Alain Jackson has 18
GB's Old Man Jason Taylor has 16
Titans Jacob Ford had 15

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
Always wondered if Sable could have included some of the other statistics. The ones that show up on player's individual sheet. WR's have drops, Defensive players have Tackles for Loss. It's hard to go through, but Barwin and Dockett, who finished tied with 15 sacks, was close in TKLs (Dockett 23, Barwin 22)

Just going over some of the higher sack guys, these are their TKLs totals for season 3.
Giant's Sintim has 22
TB's Breyley has 23
Bill's Osi has 16
Bill's Alain Jackson has 18
GB's Old Man Jason Taylor has 16
Titans Jacob Ford had 15

*sigh* Makes me wish I didn't have to compete against 3 of the top 5 offensive lines in the league for 6 games a season. I have decent TFL #s for my D-line, but hardly any sacks. I think I'm last this season in sacks recorded (perhaps even career).

Haynesworth 34 TAK 20 TFL 5 SAK
Golston 25 TAK 11 TFL 3 SAK
Smith 32 TAK 11 TFL 2 SAK
Hines 16 TAK 6 TFL 2 SAK

Lonestar

DMczaf said:

Heh, yeah.

Seemed like a down year of sacks for LJ's Dynamic Duo of Jackson and Osi (31 sacks in S2, 23 in S3) but it seems like we had a better year overall for Sackmeisters. There were only 5 double digit sack artists in S2, and 8 in S3.

753 Sacks in S3. 690 in S2. 663 in S1.
INT's went 780 in S3, 781 in S2, 816 in S1.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
See, it always comes down to "where should I be putting Welker"
It's also hard to figure what to replace. So much is dictated by progression enhancesments (please let Carter and Feazel jump alot...PLEEEEEASE). I could see asking for Tuck first, Kiwanuka second (to put in the other spot from 15 sack Connor Barwin :D)
Steve Smith would be available my good friend. My linemen would also be fair game.

As far as the Sintim tackle total, it's skewed as he played a lot of the year at LB.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Seemed like a down year of sacks for LJ's Dynamic Duo of Jackson and Osi (31 sacks in S2, 23 in S3) but it seems like we had a better year overall for Sackmeisters. There were only 5 double digit sack artists in S2, and 8 in S3.

After one of the rounds of DT/DLine play cheese, LJ stopped user-ing DT like he had been and started playing other positions. That's the only reason his sack numbers dipped.

Lonestar

Wellington said:
Steve Smith would be available my good friend. My linemen would also be fair game.

As far as the Sintim tackle total, it's skewed as he played a lot of the year at LB.

Played alot of the year at LB because he's a LB? Or did you mean the DLine?

My Dline is more or less, the lower point of my defense. I feel good with Barwin, and though Wilfork had a down year, still good at DT (same side with Barwin) It's the other DE and DT that's washy. Couple different player played there. Axel is a DE, and was there for the 1st few games, but he's got good ratings for being a DT, so that's where he went. The DE spot was then a roundtable. It was more often, being used by an OLB. Feazel and Carter look to be good candidates, but then they are the 2 OLB's I want to use as OLB's. Feazel got some looks, and I slid Guyton back to OLB to fill that spot. But last half of the year, I went with Pierre woods at DE, but just didn't see much of anything from anyone on this side (against the LT)

DE Connor Barwin: 38 tackles 15 sacks 22 TKL 1 Pass Deflection
DT Wilfork: 24 Tackles 8 TKL 1 Sack 2 Pass Deflections
DT Axel Ongewhatty: 16 Tackles 7 TFL 1 Sack
DEPierre Woods: 15 Tackles 1 TFL 1 Sack 1 Pass Deflection

Sopoaga was used at times at DT: 5 tackles 2 TKL
Hard to say what Feazel or Carter did at DE: Carter had 10 TKL and 2 sacks, Feazel had 6 TKL and 3 sacks. But most of those could be from LB

Lonestar

Anyone have any candidates for the OROTY and DROTY? As well as the other regulars awards? Don't know of too many season 3 rookies, since I didn't pay as much attention this season as I did last season.

CK, is Davion Kelly a rookie? 51 tackles 8 INT's. Didn't see him in season 2 stats. Would be a good choice.

Lonestar said:
Interesting to see that, my season with Moss was statistcally his best season of his 3 team tour. Sure, in Texas, he was the #2, but still.

Looks like J. Bellows is the current career leader in KR TD's with 7 (no stats in season 1). Though, Sable's Grimes is only 1 back after his rookie year! Couple people have had 4 (Bradshaw, Harvin, Hester), but it does seem almost league wide, that there was a changing of the guard. Alot of teams dumped their Season 2 guy, for someone else (ATL didn't use Devontae Sanders in season 3, went with Norwood; Seattle didn't use his Season 2 guy as much as a new Season 3 guy)

Bellows 32 game career: 18 WR TD's 7 KR TD's 2 PR TD's 1 RB TD 28 TD's. Not too bad.

Moss's 32 game: 23 WR TD's

So, plus 5 TD's, with 9 of Bellow's TD's coming on 1 play drives (i.e. Brady didn't get hit :( I mean :D )

Yeah I had to remove Bush from KR duties and PR duties cause it was breaking his brittle body and its been great ever since (2 tds when bush was returning vs 6 for grimes). Still haven't gotten a punt return out of anybody I've tried though.

Looking at it theres been 15 pr tds, dunno how they've done it.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Anyone have any candidates for the OROTY and DROTY? As well as the other regulars awards? Don't know of too many season 3 rookies, since I didn't pay as much attention this season as I did last season.

Bjoern Mason OROY

No clue on DROY.

Kick Return stats are some of the most broken in the league. Run straight up the middle, break to the outside at the last second - collect TD. GG angles of pursuit

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
Bjoern Mason OROY

No clue on DROY.

Kick Return stats are some of the most broken in the league. Run straight up the middle, break to the outside at the last second - collect TD. GG angles of pursuit

Yeah, slipped my mind, Bjoern probably wins MVP, unless people want to go with someone on a playoff team (real NFL!)

I had just listed Davion Kelly, but still looking around.

Sometimes, yeah, that does work. But on almost all of Bellow's TD returns, he's having to break 2 tackles at least (the video I uploaded a couple days ago, is how most of them go)

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Yeah, slipped my mind, Bjoern probably wins MVP, unless people want to go with someone on a playoff team (real NFL!)

39 Passing TDs, over 4k yards passing, an NFL record 76% completion percentage and a 15-1 record, Peyton is the right choice for MVP!

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
39 Passing TDs, over 4k yards passing, an NFL record 76% completion percentage and a 15-1 record, Peyton is the right choice for MVP!

Yes yes, but those are more or less realistic Peyton numbers. Bjeorn has bullshit videogame numbers. He was SOOOOoo close to having 1000 yards more running than the #2 guy. 30 TD's

Adreian Bell for the Chiefs could be another candidate. 29 tackles 9 sacks 4 FF
Igor Olshansky for the Cowboys: 29 tackles 8 sacks 1 FF
Joseph Howard for the Texans 24 tackles 6 INT's

I'm not seeing anyone else with remotely top 25 numbers in any category of tackles/sacks/int's/FF.

I'd have to commend Barwin and Breyley for having outstanding improvement between year 2 and 3 :D

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:

I dunno about that....I have some of the worst special teams (1 block rating in the pre-game screen) and I only gave up two, maybe 3 all season, and they were because my finger slipped and I kicked to the left or right instead of middle for a "kickoff middle" coverage. It's pretty easy to just pick a defender and have him sprint by a return teams' blockers untouched. Maybe if you have to deal with Bjoern returning I guess it might be hard, but I wouldn't consider it broken.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:

Yup, he was. Sad part? His production was a drop off from Michael Johnson's the previous year. :lol

I think Kelly was the #2 safety in the entire draft and he fell all the way down to me in the mid-20s. Hopefully he progresses well, because that was a monster year by any accounts. Who took the #1 safety, and what did he do?

If MVP has to be on a playoff team, I nominate one of the guys that really made the Colts passing game work: MJD/Girley.

Lonestar

Wellington said:
Yup, he was. Sad part? His production was a drop off from Michael Johnson's the previous year. :lol

I think Kelly was the #2 safety in the entire draft and he fell all the way down to me in the mid-20s. Hopefully he progresses well, because that was a monster year by any accounts. Who took the #1 safety, and what did he do?

If MVP has to be on a playoff team, I nominate one of the guys that really made the Colts passing game work: MJD/Girley.

I want to say Rorschach was supposed to have the draft list saved. Wonder if he has that information.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:

I take what I'm given.
Next year one of them will line up at FB all year for twice the passing options! New O being unveiled in Season 4

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
I take what I'm given.
Next year one of them will line up at FB all year for twice the passing options! New O being unveiled in Season 4

Did we play this year? Did you learn that from me ;P

LiveWire

Wellington said:

I projected him in the top 10!! LIVEWIRESTRADAMUS!!!

Rorschach

Safeties went like this:

[@2] Pe'Shon Parker (SS) - Titans
[@8] Taurice Brown (FS) - Lions
[@11] J'neddy Timmons (SS) - Panthers
[@16] Tai-ler Bernard (FS) - Saints
[@29] Davion Kelly (FS) - Giants

Wellington said:

I took Tai-ler Bernard at some point in the draft, not sure if it was before you, but it wasn't the first safety drafted. He was a FS, but I'm playing him at SS, he did pretty good 51 tackles 3 ints (davion had 51 tackles 8 ints 2 ff, he fs or ss?).

Edit: nm I see rors post, so I took him before you but not first

Parker: 25 tackles 2 sacks 1 int 0 ff
Brown: 42 tackles 0 sacks 3 ints 1 ff
Timmons: 46 tackles 0 sacks 1 int 0 ff
Bernard: 51 tackles 0 sacks 3 ints 0 ff
Kelly: 51 tackles 0 sacks 8 ints 2 ff

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
Safeties went like this:

[@2] Pe'Shon Parker (SS) - Titans 25 tackles 2 sacks 1 INT
[@8] Taurice Brown (FS) - Lions 42 tackles 3 INT's 1 FF
[@11] J'neddy Timmons (SS) - Panthers 46 tackles 1 INT
[@16] Tai-ler Bernard (FS) - Saints 51 tackles 3 INT's
[@29] Davion Kelly (FS) - Giants 51 tackles 8 INTs 2 FF

Added the stats for each. To see the best bargins and "Worst decisions" :lol

Beaten on the basis of being ROOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLING slow

Lonestar

Can't wait to see the draft board, as well as the draft pick slotting. As I can see, I know at least the top 7 teams. Then there's a bunch of 6-10's (5 teams) So the lowest I could have is 8, highest 13. What was the tiebreaker on that? Alphabetical like everything else??? :lol

Lonestar said:
Can't wait to see the draft board, as well as the draft pick slotting. As I can see, I know at least the top 7 teams. Then there's a bunch of 6-10's (5 teams) So the lowest I could have is 8, highest 13. What was the tiebreaker on that? Alphabetical like everything else??? :lol

reverse alphabetical i believe? I think thats how lives pick last year ended up being #4

Is there any timeline for when the last playoff game is getting done? Just curious if we still following the same advance rules in the playoffs

Lonestar

sableholic said:
reverse alphabetical i believe? I think thats how lives pick last year ended up being #4

Is there any timeline for when the last playoff game is getting done? Just curious if we still following the same advance rules in the playoffs

So I might be 9th going by N, or 11th going by P?

LiveWire

sableholic said:

Fuck, if that's the case then daw is getting a top 5 pick. :/ C'mon real-life tiebreakers! Put daw at 13 so I can get two 1st rounders! :D

LiveWire said:
Fuck, if that's the case then daw is getting a top 5 pick. :/ C'mon real-life tiebreakers! Put daw at 13 so I can get two 1st rounders! :D

I don't know for sure, just guessing cause I remember there was a ton of people at 4-12 last year and you ended up getting #4

Rorschach

sableholic said:
The two FMTeams can't play until the weekend, so we'll be waiting a while regardless. Hopefully, we can get a few games in over the weekend since those two teams are the favorites to go to the FMT bowl.

LiveWire

sableholic said:
I don't know for sure, just guessing cause I remember there was a ton of people at 4-12 last year and you ended up getting #4

Well, I did lose to a lot of those people who ended up 4-12 too. My wins were against the Jags (above 4-12), Rams (below 4-12), Titans (below 4-12) and the Cowboys (I think? -- definitely above 4-12).

TheCrow

I should be home tomorrow at around 3pm (cst) and available to play all day. It will a tough game regardless of who I play. I just hope I can sleep tonight for the first time in 3-4 days. :(

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
I should be home tomorrow at around 3pm (cst) and available to play all day. It will a tough game regardless of who I play. I just hope I can sleep tonight for the first time in 3-4 days. :(
You can sleep well knowing that it's me you're playing. Should be a cake walk.

Why are you stressing? Midterms?!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Too much eeyoring going on in here.
Im gonna beat FMT with a sprained thumb. i dont give a shit. ill tape it up and play through the pain!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
How is FMT #2? He has the tie breaker. F!

It's CB @ FMT and Boob @ Sable
Oh fuck. I was going by when FMT said that the #1 seed was out of reach a few weeks back (feels like months at this point).

Lonestar

Come on and end this real football stuff already, it's time for the REALEST Football stuff to occur. The Offseason Season!

Lonestar

LiveWire said:
Yes, let us celebrate my annual championship!

Didn't you give up a top 5 pick for Will Smith?

Fuck....just checking...

I've got 10 losses. 9 of them to current playoff teams, with the remaining 1 going to CK, who is one of those that were left out.

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
You can sleep well knowing that it's me you're playing. Should be a cake walk.

Why are you stressing? Midterms?!
I know better than to underestimate you. :D

And I already had my midterms last week. It's probably my adderall lasting longer than expected. By the time I did get sleepy I'd have class in 3 hours so I just gave up.

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
Didn't you give up a top 5 pick for Will Smith?

thats_the_joke.jpg

Wellington said:
Oh fuck. I was going by when FMT said that the #1 seed was out of reach a few weeks back (feels like months at this point).

lost 4 straight i believe. He had a better conference record in the end so he rightfully won it. he lost the last week and said he wouldn't get it but I also ended up losing.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
lost 4 straight i believe. He had a better conference record in the end so he rightfully won it. he lost the last week and said he wouldn't get it but I also ended up losing.
Should have been five in a row. >:|

Top Bottom