• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Come on, CB3, don't FLOOD the world with Ether, right after I put up my tireless work on creating blah blah blah spreadsheet stats. Everyone will skip right over them, and concentrate onROOOOOLLLLIIINNNNG STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRT!!!!

Rorschach

CB3 said:
So i was browsing around Wiki and i found this:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4513/luked.jpg[/IM]

I wonder who did that...[/QUOTE]
It's "his skills HAVE not..." Wiki will take that down because it's not proper Engrish and you don't have a source.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar said:
Come on, CB3, don't FLOOD the world with Ether, right after I put up my tireless work on creating blah blah blah spreadsheet stats. Everyone will skip right over them, and concentrate onROOOOOLLLLIIINNNNG STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRT!!!!

I expect more from you Lonestar.

Post The Picture

Lonestar

CB3 said:
I expect more from you Lonestar.

Post The Picture

What do I look like to you? A fucking workhorse? Where the fuck do you get off acting like this???????

pic_12140734432555.jpg

Race20car20wreck.jpg

wtcc_safety_car_crash.jpg

sp2.jpg

PBY

Banned
thanks for the data/charts... Theres something seriously wrong with me, how the fuck do I end up dead last in total yards, but 1st in time of possession (season 2) :lol

Striker

Thanks for the stats and chart, Lonestar!

Some tidbits on my Season 3 numbers and others around the NFL:

Brady Quinn finishes with a 90+ QB Rating despite a negative TD/INT ratio (14, 16)

Aside from Brian Robiskie, my WR/RB numbers were atrocious; partly to why my offense failed to help the defense many times in games

Only 13 receivers crossed the 1K mark; two HB and two TE included

Scooter Chapman had a ton of yards, but his YPC was reasonable (5.03)

Bucs' QB Josh Freeman ran for more yards than any S.F. 49er HB

Kansas City OL had 4 members who had 6 pancakes or more (Wiegmann had 13 with no sacks allowed)

Kareem McKenzie, the Redskins top FA signing two seasons ago, allowed the most sacks (16)

11 Kickers made kicks from beyond 55 yards

how do we sort the stats so its from top/bottom?

Kelly was one of 3 QBs with 4000 yards passing. Can't say its too legit cause that one game vs. denog where we combined for 42 points in 2 minutes helped a lot :lol :lol

Lonestar

ph33nix said:
how do we sort the stats so its from top/bottom?

Kelly was one of 3 QBs with 4000 yards passing. Can't say its too legit cause that one game vs. denog where we combined for 42 points in 2 minutes helped a lot :lol :lol

On the List view, just click on the blue underline wording of whatever column you want, at the top of the page. Though it seems to want to show you least to most scrolling down. To have the reverse of that (most to least), just click the word again.

Some things I noticed on my own stats from season 2 to 3, my passing defense improved, to closer to what I had in season 1. But my running defense went from consecutive 66 ypg averages, to about double that. I ended up giving 5 yards more per game total in 3, than in 2. Though, there was ALOT of my games where I didn't really try much at all, on top of OBVIOUS examples of people running up the score on me. Look at what Smokey did! :lol :lol :lol :D

Lonestar said:
On the List view, just click on the blue underline wording of whatever column you want, at the top of the page. Though it seems to want to show you least to most scrolling down. To have the reverse of that (most to least), just click the word again.

thank you vuuuuury much

Rorschach

Striker said:
Only 13 receivers crossed the 1K mark; two HB and two TE included

Scooter Chapman had a ton of yards, but his YPC was reasonable (5.03)
I think that's a big improvement. Only 2 HBs in the top 10 I believe. Although, Indy HBs = 142 receptions for 1580 yards. :lol

Mrbob

Damn I took a lot of sacks this year...didn't even realize till now. :lol Offensive line getting progressively worse. :/

Season 1 - 16 sacks

Season 2 - 23 sacks

Season 3 - 45 sacks o_O

I did throw a career low in INTs with Jcut though.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Damn I took a lot of sacks this year...didn't even realize till now. :lol Offensive line getting progressively worse. :/

Season 1 - 16 sacks

Season 2 - 23 sacks

Season 3 - 45 sacks o_O

I did throw a career low in INTs with Jcut though.
That's amazing considering I did not touch you. Did you plan for the pressure? JCut was running for his life in that game.

Have you drafted OL at all?

McKenzie. :lol! He allowed four sacks by Sintim. :D

Lonestar said:
Season 3 Stats

Team Stats for all 3 seasons and career totals

Lets see if these links work for the google doc spreadsheet. Basic spreadsheet of season 3 stats, including the new additions of kickers, punters, and OLine statistics.

Season 1

Season 2

Good stuff lone thanks man

CB3 said:
So i was browsing around Wiki and i found this:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4513/luked.jpg[/IMG

I wonder who did that...[/QUOTE]

lol way to give yourself away with the action=submit

Smokey

Lonestar said:

Some things I noticed on my own stats from season 2 to 3, my passing defense improved, to closer to what I had in season 1. But my running defense went from consecutive 66 ypg averages, to about double that. I ended up giving 5 yards more per game total in 3, than in 2. Though, there was ALOT of my games where I didn't really try much at all, on top of OBVIOUS examples of people running up the score on me. Look at what Smokey did! :lol :lol :lol :D

I didn't run up the score.

I just made up the points after those two lame plays at the end of the 2nd and beginning of the 3rd. You scored 14 pts off of that, I scored 17 in the 4th to your zero. So I came out by 3 pts.

Lonestar

Smokey said:
I didn't run up the score.

I just made up the points after those two lame plays at the end of the 2nd and beginning of the 3rd. You scored 14 pts off of that, I scored 17 in the 4th to your zero. So I came out by 3 pts.

I'm sorry, that's not how it works :lol

Lonestar

Smokey said:
Does for me.

Made me feel better that I got those points back.

I need to check your playbook, that counter run from the 2 back shotgun was effective.

But....

Anything gained from having Tucker is as BS as anything Bellows does. It's just FACT.

Smokey

Lonestar said:
I need to check your playbook, that counter run from the 2 back shotgun was effective.

But....

Anything gained from having Tucker is as BS as anything Bellows does. It's just FACT.

:lol

Turner actually got slower in season 3. I guess it's a result of the 2nd patch where the fatigue kicks in on the runs.

If this was season 2 at least 2 of those runs he broke would've been TDs if not for him getting tired.

He's still very very effective though..even if he was injured for 8 weeks this season (which just so happened to be during the crushing stretch of my schedule) :/

LiveWire

Wellington said:
McKenzie. :lol! He allowed four sacks by Sintim. :D

carusofuckyou.gif

Thanks for the stat sheets Lonestar, great work! Very insightful to see the year-on-year changes. Overall I've maintained the #3 passing defense, yet I've been giving up more yards slightly each season. D:

#6 overall in turnovers taken! :D Run defense got a little better thanks to progression at the defensive end position, hopefully that will continue to improve next season.

Just gotta protect the ball a little more and I can easily make a wild card if not win the division next year.

bluemax

Banned
Random other things:

Season 3 was my best in terms of scoring defense and passing defense. Season 1 was my best in terms of rushing defense.

In season 1 I had the most passing attempts per game at 34 and the 6th or so fewest rush attempts per game at 15.81.

In season 3 I was in the middle for rushing attempts with 19.94 and somewhere in the mid/bottom for passing with 22.94 PA/G. Overall I get about 5 plays per game fewer on offense now.

Rushing attempts per game have gone up since season 1 for almost everyone it seems. Probably all the broken running backs.

I'm the second least penalized team over 3 seasons right behind the Ravens.

2 straight seasons of positive turnover differentials, nice! And a positive mark over 3 seasons.

Edit: Whoops I looked a some of these wrong gotta fix that up.

Fun stuff!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Not bad. #8 in total offense (yardage & points) career-wise... but #20 passing and #4 on the ground. Not bad for someone without a speed back! I do have way more attempts than anyone else, 30 more. :(

#12 in RYPG and #14 in PYPG, nothing amazing. :(

However, from season 2 to season 3, I allowed 26.5 less YPG on the ground! Boom! Thank you Stew Brad, D-Kel, and D'ANT.

Ints dropped quite a bit across the league. I went from 25 to 22 back to 25. :| I thought I was way worse than season 2, but everyone else has just gotten better.

#1 in the league all time for 3rd down conversion %! Strong running game boys! 3rd and shorts!

LiveWire said:
Just gotta protect the ball a little more and I can easily make a wild card if not win the division next year.
:lol :lol :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lone and Sable, how long did it take you guys to do all of your work?

How much could it take to spread the cost of maybe the 8 hours you guys spent across 10 million copies sold (or whatever the hell Madden sells these days)? .001 cents? :lol

Lonestar

Wellington said:

How much could it take to spread the cost of maybe the 8 hours you guys spent across 10 million copies sold (or whatever the hell Madden sells these days)? .001 cents? :lol

$10,000 to do the website work for everyone that wanted it....Not sure if that's enough money :p

Sable's script probably took some time in the beginning, but the little fixes seem innocent enough. Someone else can find an auto compiling system for the stats, better than my Cntl+C and Cntl+V system :lol

taking more of a gander at stats, and was looking at everyone's offensive progression. A majority of people have had an increase in yards per game offensively over the 3 years. Some did not (Bears, Seahawks, Titans, Eagles). Eagles really surprised me. CB3 still obviously has good numbers, but slid a long way from season 2. But even had less YPG than season 1 (315.62<319.62) Season 3, he had 382.94. What did you lose offensively? Or did you go some other route? I know that I got Barclay (he didn't have as good numbers for me than you, but he did alright), but you got Holt, right?

Wellington said:

Probably spent more than 8 hours on the script sadly (like lone said, the start was the hardest portion), that said though this is something EA could have easily done and wouldn't have hurt them budget wise at all.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
$10,000 to do the website work for everyone that wanted it....Not sure if that's enough money :p

Sable's script probably took some time in the beginning, but the little fixes seem innocent enough. Someone else can find an auto compiling system for the stats, better than my Cntl+C and Cntl+V system :lol

taking more of a gander at stats, and was looking at everyone's offensive progression. A majority of people have had an increase in yards per game offensively over the 3 years. Some did not (Bears, Seahawks, Titans, Eagles). Eagles really surprised me. CB3 still obviously has good numbers, but slid a long way from season 2. But even had less YPG than season 1 (315.62<319.62) Season 3, he had 382.94. What did you lose offensively? Or did you go some other route? I know that I got Barclay (he didn't have as good numbers for me than you, but he did alright), but you got Holt, right?
Barclay was a monster for him, way better than Holt. He was a nightmare matchup,

Also, his running game was not as dominant as it was in year 2.

Lonestar

Barclay actually seemed to have similar numbers for me, upon looking

Eagle Barclay: 47 catches 1084 yards 23.06 ypc 13 TD (as the #1 WR option, over Brandon Marshall)
Patriot Barclay 51 catches 859 yards 16.84 ypc 7 TDs (as the #2 WR option, under Bellows. Also less catches than Slaton. 1 more Catch than my TE)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Barclay actually seemed to have similar numbers for me, upon looking

Eagle Barclay: 47 catches 1084 yards 23.06 ypc 13 TD (as the #1 WR option, over Brandon Marshall)
Patriot Barclay 51 catches 859 yards 16.84 ypc 7 TDs (as the #2 WR option, under Bellows. Also less catches than Slaton. 1 more Catch than my TE)
That's not similar numbers man! 6 more TDs and 6.2 more YPC.

From what I remember of our half game, you didn't go to three wide too often. The problem with Barclay was that as a slot guy with his speed, AGI, and ACC he just ate up whoever was in the slot against him and could quickly get by zone defenders. I had my now #2 matched up against him, Terrell Thomas. Barclay's release versus TT's press was a terrible matchup for me and dude was just gone after beating the press.

Gimme back Aaron Ross. >:|

Lonestar

Wellington said:
That's not similar numbers man! 6 more TDs and 6.2 more YPC.

From what I remember of our half game, you didn't go to three wide too often. The problem with Barclay was that as a slot guy with his speed, AGI, and ACC he just ate up whoever was in the slot against him and could quickly get by zone defenders. I had my now #2 matched up against him, Terrell Thomas. Barclay's release versus TT's press was a terrible matchup for me and dude was just gone after beating the press.

Gimme back Aaron Ross. >:|

Like I said, he was anywhere from the 2nd to 5th option, versus CB3's #1a.

That, and I dicked around alot of the season.

It's back to wondering if I should trade off Welker or not.

Lonestar

Interesting to see that, my season with Moss was statistcally his best season of his 3 team tour. Sure, in Texas, he was the #2, but still.

Looks like J. Bellows is the current career leader in KR TD's with 7 (no stats in season 1). Though, Sable's Grimes is only 1 back after his rookie year! Couple people have had 4 (Bradshaw, Harvin, Hester), but it does seem almost league wide, that there was a changing of the guard. Alot of teams dumped their Season 2 guy, for someone else (ATL didn't use Devontae Sanders in season 3, went with Norwood; Seattle didn't use his Season 2 guy as much as a new Season 3 guy)

Bellows 32 game career: 18 WR TD's 7 KR TD's 2 PR TD's 1 RB TD 28 TD's. Not too bad.

Moss's 32 game: 23 WR TD's

So, plus 5 TD's, with 9 of Bellow's TD's coming on 1 play drives (i.e. Brady didn't get hit :( I mean :D )

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Like I said, he was anywhere from the 2nd to 5th option, versus CB3's #1a.

That, and I dicked around alot of the season.

It's back to wondering if I should trade off Welker or not.
Anything on my team is available.

bluemax

Banned
Lonestar said:
Interesting to see that, my season with Moss was statistcally his best season of his 3 team tour. Sure, in Texas, he was the #2, but still.

Looks like J. Bellows is the current career leader in KR TD's with 7 (no stats in season 1). Though, Sable's Grimes is only 1 back after his rookie year! Couple people have had 4 (Bradshaw, Harvin, Hester), but it does seem almost league wide, that there was a changing of the guard. Alot of teams dumped their Season 2 guy, for someone else (ATL didn't use Devontae Sanders in season 3, went with Norwood; Seattle didn't use his Season 2 guy as much as a new Season 3 guy)

Bellows 32 game career: 18 WR TD's 7 KR TD's 2 PR TD's 1 RB TD 28 TD's. Not too bad.

Moss's 32 game: 23 WR TD's

So, plus 5 TD's, with 9 of Bellow's TD's coming on 1 play drives (i.e. Brady didn't get hit :( I mean :D )

Stephens started to become boom or bust with all of his KR Fumbles, although I think maybe I should've gone back to him because Tull didn't do nearly as well.

I did have at least two Tull KR TDs called back due to penalties.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

I will quit this league in shame if you ever win this division. It will never happen. Not while me and CK are around

Top Bottom