• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DMczaf

Did I break the rule? Fuck yeah I did. Should I be punished? Fuck yeah. Does fucking with you bring a slight smirk to my face? Fuck yeah.

Tiger-Woods-Sex-Tape.jpg

At least I showed some sportsmanship on that last run, didn't run up the score!

tiger-woods-drug-addiction-crying.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
This should be interesting

60aquaman02.jpg

And your right sable, i dont care about the 4th down rules. I have no problem with what LJ did.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
This should be something you love, I mean you were a commish who flat out said you didn't care what the rules said (4th).
I broke the "4th down rules" to my advantage against him in one of our games, he didn't have a problem with it.

I didn't have a problem when you "broke" the rules too in our game at the end either.

Smokey

LJ11 said:
Smokey, you've repeatedly referenced how soft everyone is, how we're too restrictive with the rules. You haven't been the only one however. When I felt I was slighted, I was told to nut up.

I'm going to be honest, I was screwed on that 3rd down spot, which was followed by a pause on your part for whatever reason. I immediately chose punt even though I was jobbed, no hesitation at all, I was going to punt. For whatever reason, you came out in punt block and then immediately called timeout. You were in a bind from where I was standing, there was no way for you to call a timeout again, and I could basically take my time going through the long list of ST plays and there was nothing you could do if you picked your play too early.

Did I break the rule? Fuck yeah I did. Should I be punished? Fuck yeah. Does fucking with you bring a slight smirk to my face? Fuck yeah.

At least I showed some sportsmanship on that last run, didn't run up the score!

I called timeout because I was in punt block on accident because my phone was ringing. I got the phone and at the same time changed my defense to the correct formation.
It's cool though, I'll just be smirking all the time next season now that I know what's up.

FMT has shown he won't do anything about it so I should be good.

Wellington said:
I broke the "4th down rules" to my advantage against him in one of our games, he didn't have a problem with it.

I didn't have a problem when you "broke" the rules too in our game at the end either.

I just wanted to make sure the oh my wasn't saying he looked down upon it just given his past comments about rules. I don't particularly care.

CB3

sableholic said:
I just wanted to make sure the oh my wasn't saying he looked down upon it just given his past comments about rules. I don't particularly care.

The oh my was because of the raw power and fury coming from LJ's post.

Rorschach

If it makes y'all feel any better, Smokey went for it on a couple of fourth downs when it was against the rules (most egregious being in his own territory in the first with a tie score), but I chose not to make a big deal out of it because he has a big persecution complex and, for some odd reason, I gave him the benefit of the doubt of not knowing that he was breaking the rule at the time. But now it seems to me he does know the rules...

Nightz said:
I wonder if I have a shot at getting the Chargers in Madden 11. Would be nice to play with my home team.
You're the only Chargers fan here, so you should get a shot at them in 11. I don't see why the heck not.

Smokey

Rorschach said:
If it makes y'all feel any better, Smokey went for it on a couple of fourth downs when it was against the rules (most egregious being in his own territory in the first with a tie score), but I chose not to make a big deal out of it because he has a big persecution complex and, for some odd reason, I gave him the benefit of the doubt of not knowing that he was breaking the rule at the time. But now it seems to me he does know the rules...

If I went for it on 4th down I probably did it in your territory, if not then you should've called me out on it. This wasn't in my territory. And what do I have a persecution complex about?

I know the rules because you all bitched so much (for whatever reason) to FMT about me in Season 1 so I re-read that shit multiple times to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong. After you complained I was doing PA too much I cut it down by a lot, and other things here and there.

But my eyes have been opened so it is what it is from this point onward.

Rorschach said:
You're the only Chargers fan here, so you should get a shot at them in 11. I don't see why the heck not

If Fifty doesn't quit then I'm not giving up the Chargers.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
If Fifty does quit, you still might have to play Dskillz for the Texans.

I really hope Fifty finds time when 11 comes around.

Rorschach

Smokey said:
If I went for it on 4th down I probably did it in your territory, if not then you should've called me out on it. This wasn't in my territory. And what do I have a persecution complex about?
You went for it on your 20 (which was very surprising) and then again on the 45. Don't really care, just sayin' it's apparent you do know the rules now.

Not in this Madden. In next year's installment. No one's asking you to give up the Chargers. I don't think you would even if Fiddy quit.

Wellington said:
Who gives a shit about this.

Why hasn't DM advanced yet!?
Just said the same thing to him. :D He's going on now.

Nightz

Smokey said:
Psh, fighting for the Texans. You know you guys want the Bengals. They'll actually have a decent roster next season. :lol

Smokey

Rorschach said:
You went for it on your 20 (which was very surprising) and then again on the 45. Don't really care, just sayin' it's apparent you do know the rules now.

Lies, slander, and defemation of character.

Rorschach

Whelp, I'm pretty sure you did because I made a note of it (mental note, I don't have the wellie book!), but I didn't record the play because I was direct connected and I just logged off like a moran, so I'll drop it.

In other news: Crooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!!!!

Rorschach

Crow and I are playing tonight, ladies.

It would be great if we could play the games tonight or tomorrow and then crow could play the next couple before going back to school. Then, we'd have almost everyone for the draft.

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
Crow and I are playing tonight, ladies.

It would be great if we could play the games tonight or tomorrow and then crow could play the next couple before going back to school. Then, we'd have almost everyone for the draft.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. :D

But I'd love to have the FA and Draft over by next week.

more drama!? today is probably the worst day for this, truly not in the mood -_-

all i will say is that i would look more favorably on a fake punt than on someone just lining up in 4 wide or something on 4th down. was it against the rules? as i have them written it was.

what is difficult for me in coming up with these rules is that i'm trying to have it both ways. i want it to be sim, but i want it to be fair. against the 49ers this past year, andy reid went for it UP by 4 in the 2nd quarter ON HIS OWN 30 YARD LINE! of course our defense destroyed the eagles and got the ball there, but my point is that it's not always so far fetched.

smokey i have never punished you for breaking the rules. infact, the only person that has ever been punished for breaking the rules is luke. why? because of repeated offenses.

now that is not to say "break the rules twice and it's against the rules!", that is to say that if there is continued transgressions then something needs to happen. i have tried to be as lenient as possible because i think in most scenarios a case can be made that "this is sim" or "that is sim", it's very subjective.

people want there to be rules but they don't want there to be rules. there are times when a rule would fuck you and there are times where you have benefitted from bending the rules or breaking them. we have a good system going and i think if you look over the course of these 3 seasons there have only really been a handful of times that a rule has truly been broken (the most preposterous happened against me and i didn't complain because i saw it as being risky and not cheap!)

p.s. for the record, rors told me immediately after his game with smokey that smokey went for it on multiple 4th downs in his own territory.

CB3

For all you guys who seem to know everyones birthdays you kinda missed one of the main ones here.

no not me.

DMczaf

(6:32:38 PM) dmczafx23: are you scheduling the offseason stuff now?
(6:32:57 PM) dmczafx23: or are we going just throw it together at the last second like usual :p
(6:33:04 PM) whossorrynow015: last second boyeeee!
(6:33:07 PM) whossorrynow015: thats how i work best!

metamorPho_aquamanPANEL.gif

bluemax

Banned
DMczaf said:
(6:32:57 PM) dmczafx23: or are we going just throw it together at the last second like usual :p

How in the world did you find that image?

LukeSmith

DMczaf said:

:lol

Rorschach

It's kinda ironic because I finally have something to let go in FA, but could this be a capless year in honor the NFL's capless year?

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. for the record, rors told me immediately after his game with smokey that smokey went for it on multiple 4th downs in his own territory.

Of course he did.

You saying that doesn't make him/it look any better.

All it says is that he ran to you instead of calling me out in the thread if I did do what he says, or saying something to me direclty about it.

That's what I pretty much expect though, and you'll probably get more of it in season 4 when I'm smirking all season like LJ.

At least when I line up in a empty backfield on 4th and 3, they'll know it's coming.

LukeSmith

LJ and I have adversarial schedules right now.

It'll be Sunday at the latest and earlier if we're both around simultaneously before then.

LukeSmith said:
LJ and I have adversarial schedules right now.

It'll be Sunday at the latest and earlier if we're both around simultaneously before then.

I'm always here if you guys need a sub for this playoff game!

LJ11

Honestly, I'm a tight ass when it comes to rules. I follow them as much as I can, don't have a problem with them at all, even if they are restrictive. But I can't be the only one who finds the current situation quite ironic. I expected Smokey to be upset, but going by his comments throughout the year I didn't think he would feel this slighted.

This won't ever be an issue with me again, I openly admit that I wanted to tick Smokey off, but I'm not planning on pulling a stunt like this again. Sorry for the headaches.

CB3

Fuck

GG FMT. Your fucks break way too many tackles but if i could have got that last one in for a TD instead of settling for a FG it would have been a different game. Fuck that goal line D and Patrick Willis.

Sidenote: Ive had to have dropped more picks than anyone this year. Karma for not dropping any last season :(

Ophiuchus

Banned
LJ11 said:
This won't ever be an issue with me again, I openly admit that I wanted to tick Smokey off, but I'm not planning on pulling a stunt like this again. Sorry for the headaches.

I think he wants to
HALO.gif

Is there away I can have neo gaf text me when there's a reply to this thread? is there an "app" for that haha. I'm on the blackberry storm if it matters.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
Fuck

GG FMT. Your fucks break way too many tackles but if i could have got that last one in for a TD instead of settling for a FG it would have been a different game. Fuck that goal line D and Patrick Willis.

Sidenote: Ive had to have dropped more picks than anyone this year. Karma for not dropping any last season :(
2confie.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB3 said:

I think I had more dropped passes, so get over it! :p

Smokey said:
Of course he did.

You saying that doesn't make him/it look any better.

All it says is that he ran to you instead of calling me out in the thread if I did do what he says, or saying something to me direclty about it.

That's what I pretty much expect though, and you'll probably get more of it in season 4 when I'm smirking all season like LJ.

At least when I line up in a empty backfield on 4th and 3, they'll know it's coming.

this was after you accused him of manually controlling a WR (of which i never told him)

p.s. for the record smokey then told me he saw the replay and rors actually didn't control the wr.

and gg cb. i thought i was on the brink of losing the entire game. DEFINITELY lucked out with some dropped picks. but no way in fuck does asante catch eddie royal on a break away from the other side of the field :lol

Matrix

CB just always keep in the back of your mind that FMT can pull that gameshark out whenever he wants.

I also believe Bob starts using his the 2nd half of every season.

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
this was after you accused him of manually controlling a WR (of which i never told him)

p.s. for the record smokey then told me he saw the replay and rors actually didn't control the wr.

and gg cb. i thought i was on the brink of losing the entire game. DEFINITELY lucked out with some dropped picks. but no way in fuck does asante catch eddie royal on a break away from the other side of the field :lol

Eh that happened to me with Booker on one of my early kickoff returns. Im lining up a block with one of my guys upfield and some douche catches me from behind. I literally screamed nooooooooo when that happened.

I had a couple open guys on third downs but donovans slow release doesnt help under pressure

Striker

Lonestar said:
Also didn't realize how good Striker's Cleveland Defense is, apparently. Or that my Season 1 defense, until Striker's Season 3 unit, was the #1 offensive allowed in the history of the franchise. Now it's just #2, by 87 yards

SEASON 3 Cleveland Browns 3641 227.56
SEASON 1 New England Patriots 3728 233
SEASON 1 Oakland Raiders 3870 241.88
SEASON 2 Cleveland Browns 3879 242.44
SEASON 3 Arizona Cardinals 3927 245.44
SEASON 3 Indianapolis Colts 3954 247.12
SEASON 1 Washington Redskins 3994 249.62
SEASON 1 New York Giants 3998 249.87
SEASON 1 New York Jets 4019 251.19
SEASON 2 Buffalo Bills 4034 252.12
Makes me even more frustrated in my offensive inconsistency. :(

DMczaf

CB3 said:
Fuck

aquaman.jpg

bluemax

Banned
Sinistar said:
I think he wants to
HALO.gif

Is there away I can have neo gaf text me when there's a reply to this thread? is there an "app" for that haha. I'm on the blackberry storm if it matters.

Subscribe to the thread with email notifications of replies?

wow it looks like rors is cleaning house right now on the broncos, 21-7.

i say "looks like" because i see thecrow online playing an online franchise madden game and losing 7-21, but i don't see rors online.... then when i go to his name where it usually says "last online X" it is completely blank. maybe he has everyone blocked to concentrate on what needs to be done!

Top Bottom