• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

TheCrow

Great game rors. I really don't see what I did wrong to get the loss. We both just used our gameplans and you came out with the win. Some catches that were dropped in our previous games were caught but that's just how it goes, no complaints at all.

My only small problem was with the fumbles. It felt like Madden decided that this was the game where Asomugha gets 3 fumble recoveries. smh

TheCrow

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i try to stay away from the stink that is nnamdi but sometimes there is nothing you can do to avoid it :(

when are the other games happenin'?!
But it looked like I won the fumble minigame. D:
you gave rors your gameshark. I just know it

And Luke/LJ are playing Sunday.

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
Great game rors. I really don't see what I did wrong to get the loss. We both just used our gameplans and you came out with the win. Some catches that were dropped in our previous games were caught but that's just how it goes, no complaints at all.

My only small problem was with the fumbles. It felt like Madden decided that this was the game where Asomugha gets 3 fumble recoveries. smh
GG

Nnamdi was pissed at the trade rumors!

He had a FF on the toss (don't toss at me, kids!). Mitchell had the FF when I poked Moreno. And Scott had the FF when you ran right at me for some odd reason. I said "eff this, fumbol tyme!" And, of course, Nnamdi is always around because he's rated so high and because he's my one true love. <3

That Eugene user INT would have been a TD if it was Mitchell, but he was tired because I forgot to change him in the roster again. -_- Ended up costing me, but only 1 TD!

If Bush was just a little bit faster, he'd destroy. :'( 70s speed ftl.

DHB also came to play. Even Bailey couldn't stop him. Schilens? Not so much. :lol Dropped 3 balls and no catches...smh.

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
GG

Nnamdi was pissed at the trade rumors!

He had a FF on the toss (don't toss at me, kids!). Mitchell had the FF when I poked Moreno. And Scott had the FF when you ran right at me for some odd reason. I said "eff this, fumbol tyme!" And, of course, Nnamdi is always around because he's rated so high and because he's my one true love. <3

That Eugene user INT would have been a TD if it was Mitchell, but he was tired because I forgot to change him in the roster again. -_- Ended up costing me, but only 1 TD!

If Bush was just a little bit faster, he'd destroy. :'( 70s speed ftl.

DHB also came to play. Even Bailey couldn't stop him. Schilens? Not so much. :lol Dropped 3 balls and no catches...smh.

I was just surprised to see my team fumble. I think they only lost 5 fumbles on the year but had 3 today. And on the pick I completely forgot my TE's route. I thought he was going to continue running to the sideline but instead did a curl. :(

Nevertheless, I would like to see you get to the superbowl and keep the title in our division. :D

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
I was just surprised to see my team fumble. I think they only lost 5 fumbles on the year but had 3 today. And on the pick I completely forgot my TE's route. I thought he was going to continue running to the sideline but instead did a curl. :(

Nevertheless, I would like to see you get to the superbowl and keep the title in our division. :D
It's not gonna happen, but I appreciate the sentiment!

LiveWire

*yawn*

Wake up this morning, grab my coffee....check the Madden league site for playoff scores....yeeeep, all is right with the world. *scratches himself*

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
me and bob must have different meanings of morning
or he's not on the east coast

happening in 10 mins.
Awesome. Good luck to you both.

So when LJ and Luke go tomorrow we should have an advance.

*yawn*

Wake up this morning, grab my coffee....check the Madden league site for playoff scores....yeeeep, all is right with the world. *scratches himself*

Was there any doubt? :lol

DMczaf

Chicago_Bears_v_ce5e.jpg

gg bob, couple really tough breaks at the start with those two fumbles. I ended up scoring with < 3 plays the first couple drives. One was insanely lucky went right through the safeties hand into colstons for a long td.

Had a goalline stand right before half to hold bob to 0 pts (he opted to go for the td instead of a fg and ran out of time). There was a play that seemed like it was in, but wasn't challenged by the booth, didn't get to watch the replay.

probably my best game passing in madden ever (11-13 5 tds 320 yards).

only got to save two highlights cause the game kicked me off (host has ended the session or something like that and then it froze).

Mrbob

Yeah I had one of the roughest quarters of my life. My first two drives resulted in fumbles. Here is my opening drive:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17616213

Then on my second drive I start going down the field again and I get another fumble:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17616286

So I'm down 14 to 0. I get a good run by Forte to make it 14 to 7. On the next possession Brees strikes again, by throwing the ball through my 92 rated SS Landry for a TD pass:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17616347

Worst first quarter of my life. :lol Actually the first half didn't help. The game cut off another replay too where I hit inglesius in the end of the end zone for a touchdown but the refs called it out. Watched the regular replay both feet were down, but since there was only 25 seconds left in the half I couldn't challenge. Plus the game both didn't auto challenge. :/ Probably should have been 28 to 21 going into halftime but what can you do? Brees was on his game today, and there wasn't much I could do. The other things definitely didn't help, and made me force a couple jpicks in the 2nd half. Good luck against FMT, Sable. Strike him down for great justice!

an old school NFC west matchup in san fran! can you play tomorrow sable? i can play anytime this weekend but i dont think the bills/colts game is happening until tomorrow

FrenchMovieTheme said:
an old school NFC west matchup in san fran! can you play tomorrow sable? i can play anytime this weekend but i dont think the bills/colts game is happening until tomorrow
I might not be able to tomm, we'll see. If I can it'll probably be at night. Ill post sometime tomm when I have a better idea

Somnia

LiveWire said:
*yawn*

:lol

Looks like Bob gets some new toys for Madden 11 so far at least.

luke is out on the town tonight fellas. game should happen tomorrow.... a sunday! just like real life football!

sable i know you said you wont be around but i will be around all day tomorrow so if you by chance do have some time just let me know. otherwise we'll figure it out!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"He wouldn't leave me commish powah to advance either."

m_e2d8f7664bcbd79c3c9d79d91805049a.gif

not :(

You failed Rors, you failed.

bluemax

Banned
Somnia said:
:lol

Looks like Bob gets some new toys for Madden 11 so far at least.

I could end up with one of the best WR groups in Madden next year. Marshall, Housh, Butler and whoever else. Plus Carlson! Jimmy Clausen will be my Jack English!

Somnia

bluemax said:
I could end up with one of the best WR groups in Madden next year. Marshall, Housh, Butler and whoever else. Plus Carlson! Jimmy Clausen will be my Jack English!

Ya you may end up having one hell of an offensive passing game. Kinda disappointed Jerry is taking the slow approach to the free agency period this year, but I'm glad he is trying to re-sign everyone we have.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Somnia said:
Ya you may end up having one hell of an offensive passing game. Kinda disappointed Jerry is taking the slow approach to the free agency period this year, but I'm glad he is trying to re-sign everyone we have.
The Cowboys can't sign anyone due to making it to the divisional round of the playoffs.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
"He wouldn't leave me commish powah to advance either."

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa92/magoosh/m_e2d8f7664bcbd79c3c9d79d91805049a.gif[/IG]

not :(

You failed Rors, you failed.[/QUOTE]
:lol :(

The Question just asks questions!

Wellington said:
The Cowboys can't sign anyone due to making it to the divisional round of the playoffs.

sure they can, as long as they lose one ufa. Or do you mean they don't have any ufa this year?

"In general, they would limit all eight teams to signing one unrestricted free agent (a player with six or more years of NFL service) for each one of their own lost, and can only sign a new UFA to a salary similar to what the departing player gets, with limits on annual increases. The four teams that lost in the divisional round can sign additional unrestricted free agents, but with restrictive financial parameters imposed."

Edit: After sine searching

From pft:

"As part of the Final Eight Plan, the Dallas Cowboys face limitations on the number of unrestricted free agents they may sign.

Generally, they can't sign one until they lose one.
And as it turns out they only have one -- offensive lineman Montrae Holland.

It could have been worse. Since the Cowboys lost in the divisional round, they may sign one UFA at a first-year salary of $5.5 million or more, and an unlimited number at a smaller first-year salary with limited growth in future years."

From dallas cowboys site :
"As one of the "Final Eight" teams in last season's playoffs, they can sign only one unrestricted free agent to a starting salary of at least $5.81 million and an unlimited group at less than $3.86 million. The "Final Eight" restrictions don't apply to released players, though, and many teams have purged their rosters this week. "

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
sure they can, as long as they lose one ufa. Or do you mean they don't have any ufa this year?

"In general, they would limit all eight teams to signing one unrestricted free agent (a player with six or more years of NFL service) for each one of their own lost, and can only sign a new UFA to a salary similar to what the departing player gets, with limits on annual increases. The four teams that lost in the divisional round can sign additional unrestricted free agents, but with restrictive financial parameters imposed."

Edit:

From pft:

"And as it turns out they only have one -- offensive lineman Montrae Holland.

It could have been worse. Since the Cowboys lost in the divisional round, they may sign one UFA at a first-year salary of $5.5 million or more, and an unlimited number at a smaller first-year salary with limited growth in future years."

Either way, it's keeping the Cowboys from going hog wild in free agency which is good for me.

Mrbob

I'm actually glad the cowboys couldn't sign anybody. They probably would have outspent the Bears for all 3 free agents they picked up. Jerry Jones is probably fuming he can't add anyone to his team.

Oh and Somnia you had a hell of a purchase day yesterday on steam it seems!

Top Bottom