• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Hey guys, anyone wanna work with me to make a ridiculous trades that wouldn't ever happen in real life? My team is great and all but I'd love to try churn out a Pro Bowler out of every position. That's right, I'm going for 22 starters in Hawaii

Hey LJ, how about shipping Terrell Owens back to me for Jon Kitna?

Listen Rors, wouldn't you love Barbi Caprpenter for Greg Ellis?

Yo FMT, let's put our rivalry aside and exchange Barber for Gore just for shits and giggles.

Smokey, I'll take Gates off your hands for MartyB and a 1st rounder

Anyone left out, don't feel bad; I'm open and ready to wheel and deal because the only thing that matters is winning. Fuck trying to make due with the team I have, that shit is for lames. I used to think the fun of this league thing was to play foes you recognized and got amped for, but the real fun is taking the time to run through each opponents roster to see how they've managed to turn their whole team inside out.

This is so fucking awesome, just what I always wanted in my Madden Online Franchise!!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol

getting edwards isn't meaningful?

look, i allowed the vincent jackson/edwards trade. i could have easily said no to that and no one would have argued but i didn't.

you said the true purpose of that trade is to improve your RT position. well, there are plenty of decent RT's you could have for a 1st rounder (i have an 82 RT i would be willing to give up for that).

the trades to this point have already borderlined on unrealistic but i've allowed them because i know it is part of the game to get trades going. but trades involving top 5 players or whatever are pushing it and i would veto them in almost every instance.

im not cockblocking anyone or trying to prevent anyone from getting better, but this is supposed to be NFL. trades dont happen often. you have your team, and you win or lose with that team, then get better in the draft and free agency. that's how it's going to work here as well.

my trade for braylon also involved my backup LB, and getting a scrub LB return...

so...

it's obvious I'm not going to win this, or get people to see where I'm coming from so I'll stop.

Shawnwhann said:
Hey guys, anyone wanna work with me to make a ridiculous trades that wouldn't ever happen in real life? My team is great and all but I'd love to try churn out a Pro Bowler out of every position. That's right, I'm going for 22 starters in Hawaii

Hey LJ, how about shipping Terrell Owens back to me for Jon Kitna?

Listen Rors, wouldn't you love Barbi Caprpenter for Greg Ellis?

Yo FMT, let's put our rivalry aside and exchange Barber for Gore just for shits and giggles.

Smokey, I'll take Gates off your hands for MartyB and a 1st rounder

Anyone left out, don't feel bad; I'm open and ready to wheel and deal because the only thing that matters is winning. Fuck trying to make due with the team I have, that shit is for lames. I used to think the fun of this league thing was to play foes you recognized and got amped for, but the real fun is taking the time to run through each opponents roster to see how they've managed to turn their whole team inside out.

This is so fucking awesome, just what I always wanted in my Madden Online Franchise!!

didn't you legitimately make an offer for brandon marshall?

don't worry, the ridiculous trades are done. tried to let people have open trades for role players but i see it got out of hand. that was my mistake (again.... sigh) :(

FrenchMovieTheme said:
didn't you legitimately make an offer for brandon marshall?

don't worry, the ridiculous trades are done. tried to let people have open trades for role players but i see it got out of hand. that was my mistake (again.... sigh) :(

Just trying to keep up with the Joneses. I wasn't going to stand pat while my team's most hated rival got substantially better without no one calling him on it.

Believe me, I'm not a fan of senseless blockbuster trades that would never happen in real life.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
Does he come with street clothes like he's been in the pre-season games? If so, I'd like to adorn my sideline with his presence.

Even in street clothes sitting on the bench on the sidelines Sexy Rexy could make a better pass than Russell.

or you could have this instead....

ownsafety.jpg

Shawnwhann said:
Just trying to keep up with the Joneses. I wasn't going to stand pat while my team's most hated rival got substantially better without no one calling him on it.

Believe me, I'm not a fan of senseless blockbuster trades that would never happen in real life.

his group of WR's did not get substantially better. spoiler alert *dawkins retires after year 1 of franchise. and gave up 2 83 rated players and a 4th.

an outside observer might say the broncos got the better of this trade. so would an inside observer.

but i get where you're coming from. no more tagliabue, it's goddell time friends!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i just wasted an hour arguing about non issues. Bastards.

brian%20dawkins.jpg

He is mine FOREVER

an outside observer might say the broncos got the better of this trade. so would an inside observer.

Not to mention my division rival. I cock blocked him and he still stood up for me! Livewire is a real american!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
his group of WR's did not get substantially better. spoiler alert *dawkins retires after year 1 of franchise. and gave up 2 83 rated players and a 4th.

but i get where you're coming from. no more tagliabue, it's goddell time friends!

I'd disagree, Marshall easily makes his receiver corp much more well rounded and capable of executing more in-traffic catches.

After CockBlocker messed up my meager trade, he's going to get it anytime I sniff a trade he's up to! :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm depressed I don't get to face CB in franchise this season. That's a free W for me.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Matrix said:
I'm depressed I don't get to face CB in franchise this season. That's a free W for me.

No amount of good trades will ever allow me to beat you :(

Matrix

CB3 said:
No amount of good trades will ever allow me to beat you :(

I think you did beat me once, but it was a scrimmage and I never give a shit about those :p

*******ATTENTION LEAGUE PLAYERS*******

Free Agency 3 round draft is approaching!

Q: When?
A: Sunday, 9/6/09 at 3 pm pst

Q: How many rounds?
A: 3 rounds.

Q: What is the FA draft based on?
A: Current record

Q: What is the tie breaker?
A: Overall team rating.

Q: And after that?
A: Division record.

Q: Does that mean the most FA's i can get are 3?
A: Yes.

Q: What if i want some FA's after all is said and done?
A: Too bad if you have already picked 3.

Q: What if I can't make it?
A: PM me a list of players you might want.

Q: What if i don't?
A: Then you don't get anything.

Q: You wont just pick 3 random players for me!?
A: No.

Q: Will you post the results?
A: Yes. After it is completed.

Q: Will you be on AIM at that time?
A: Yes.

Q: How long will you wait for someone on AIM if their "pick" is up?
A: About 10 seconds. Send me your lists and avoid this problem.

Q: When will you post the order of the FA draft?
A: After all week 4 games have been completed. Probably Sunday morning.

Q: Ok, what if i miss it and everyone else picks, can I still get 3 players from FA after the fact?
A: Sure.

Q: Can I trade you my next 5 first round picks for alex smith?
A: I'll think about it.... but no.

Rorschach

Are we doing an AIM chat?

Anyway, I'll be there! Put me down for 2 Marvin Harrisons.

[edit] Also, only 3? Damn, that makes it tough. Guess I'll only take one Marvin.

BigAT

So I messaged Daw about playing our game Wednesday when I saw him on Live playing Skate2. I didn't get a response back and he (or whoever was on his 360) continued to play for a while. I sent him a message on AIM at the same time when he was on and not idle and didn't get a response there either. He wasn't on Live or AIM at all yesterday. I can't message him on here obviously as he is banned.

Hopefully he gets on one or the other at some point today so we can get this played. I don't know what his story is, we've had plenty of games together in the past and never had a problem getting them played quickly.

Fifty

Wellington said:
Frank Walker for Jason Taylor is a fair trade? Really?

Ever since Dancing with the Stars, he's not been the same.

He traded a draft pick for JT, but since you need to include a player on each side in trades, he threw in Walker. When I traded for Kevin Curtis, I did the same and originally gave CB Mr. Frank Walker..aka "Travelin' Super Scrub Supreme"

Frank Walker has "F" potential. :lol :lol

at least the league drama is about trades and not someone rolling out of the pocket and scrambling every play!

so what's with trading for now? is my firesale officially over?

DCX

DCX
I'm still looking for a number 2 reciever to pair with White and move Jenkins to the slot. Willing to give up my number 1 and three this year. Fire sellers, hit me up...

DCX

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
the fuck is going on here.....

why dont we start the league with a fantasy draft and just go from there...

with that being said, put me down for Marvin Harrison

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm 0-4, with 37 points scored...versus 134 points against.

I am, in fact, the #1 FA Draft pick.

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
also, some trade requests have been made that involve big name players. guys, i can 99% guarantee you these aren't going to happen. this NEVER happens in the NFL. frank gore would NEVER EVER EVER be traded during the season or in the off season. it wouldn't happen.

Clinton Portis for Champ Bailey and a 2nd round pick? Jay Cutler? Big trades still happen. Maybe only one or two a season, but they happen.

Shawnwhann said:
Woot! It'd be a sham if CB was able to leverage his depth to acquire big names like Marshall, Dawkins, and now Jason Taylor.

I was content on finding some role players, but I'm not going to stand pat if unrealistic trades are being done by my division rivals.

Yea, we can't let CB get away with this in the NFC Beast. Let's get DeMarcus Ware in a Skins uniform...send me some offers! :D

Wellington said:
Frank Walker for Jason Taylor is a fair trade? Really?

A straight up trade between Walker (rated 49) and Taylor (rated 79) is fair when you're a co-commissioner! You didn't get the memo?!?

Edit - I'm almost positive that a draft pick is in there somewhere though.

Shawnwhann said:
A straight up trade between Walker (rated 49) and Taylor (rated 79) is fair when you're a co-commissioner! You didn't get the memo?!?

Edit - I'm almost positive that a draft pick is in there somewhere though.

Yep, according to Fifty's post there is a pick involved.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Jets Vs. Saints - Status?

Playing tonight at 9pm est

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Can we get a summary of the transactions that have already been made on the website? I can't see it from work.

Sable, if you see me on AIM before 9PM (Magnoggin), I might be able to play then.

Mrbob

LiveWire said:
Clinton Portis for Champ Bailey and a 2nd round pick? Jay Cutler? Big trades still happen. Maybe only one or two a season, but they happen.

Outside of these two, what other ones can you think of in recent memory? Especially after the season has started.

I posted a link of all NFL trades in the past couple years...trades aren't common place and blockbusters are extremely rare.

In fact you could argue the Cutler deal might be a once in a lifetime thing we will see. So many pieces had to fall into place for it to go down, it is crazy when you think about it.

Fifty

DenogginizerOS said:
Can we get a summary of the transactions that have already been made on the website? I can't see it from work.

Only if you promise not to use it as ammunition for bitching about the league being too unrealistic.

The Ravens traded A. Barnes, C. Peerman to the Broncos for C. Buckhalter, J. Gaffney
Trade Alert 9/1/2009, 00:52am

The Broncos traded T. Brandstater, J. Moss to the Browns for D. Anderson, D. Veikune
Trade Alert 9/1/2009, 00:58am

The Falcons traded C. Williams to the Rams for R. Bartell
Trade Alert 9/2/2009, 5:43pm

The Ravens traded F. Walker to the Eagles for K. Curtis
Trade Alert 9/3/2009, 8:48pm

The Eagles traded F. Walker to the Dolphins for J. Taylor
Trade Alert 9/4/2009, 00:26am

The 49ers traded T. Spikes to the Eagles for J. Parker
Trade Alert 9/4/2009, 01:06am

LiveWire

Mrbob said:
Outside of these two, what other ones can you think of in recent memory? Especially after the season has started.

I posted a link of all NFL trades in the past couple years...trades aren't common place and blockbusters are extremely rare.

In fact you could argue the Cutler deal might be a once in a lifetime thing we will see.

Well, player-for-player trades (not involving picks), admittedly, has been low, but the number of player + draft pick trades is high. Randy Moss from the Raiders to the Pats for a 4th? :lol Almost all of the Jets draft picks in 2009/2010 for moving up in the 1st to get Sanchez? :lol The Redskins offering a 1st and a 3rd (conditional up to a second 1st!) for Ocho Cinco? :lol
still bummed this didn't happen :(

Talk about fleecing. Lopsided trades in the NFL still happen, so I wouldn't get all up in arms about CB's or Smokey's trades (partciularly given that some of these players are old, and people keep forgetting that at the end of the season certain players will retire or get ratings dropped--young or old!--depending on performance, and of course age).

For example, Santana Moss will likely drop to an 83 or 82 after this season unless I can get him a 10TD season (not likely with Campbell). He's 31 now I believe. He's got probably 5 seasons left, and will be below 80 by the end of next season.

Mrbob said:
Fiddy is extremely bitter this league season. :(

I'd be bitter too if I had to play with Fluke-O and the Ravens.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
What criteria are the commishes using to approve/disapprove trades? Is it player ratings, a feel test, magic 8-ball, cronyism, a complex algorithm written by accounting experts at AIG, all of the above?

Livewire is the MAN!

Also, I'm not a fucking idiot you guys. I'm not trading Jason Taylor, a lifelong Dolphin, for some 49 rated CB trash without getting a draft pick :lol

Mrbob

83 to 82 BOO HOO, quit your crying! :lol I dont even know if I have a WR on the roster that hits 75! I suppose I could check but I'm too lazy to do that right now!

LiveWire

Mrbob said:
83 to 82 BOO HOO, quit your crying! :lol I dont even know if I have a WR on the roster that hits 75! I suppose I could check but I'm too lazy to do that right now!

Hester's a 73, Earl Bennett is a 72. Hester's still young and can improve (great speed rating), Bennett's a damn rookie! With Cutler you have the tools to give them at least a +3 ratings boost in the offseason, not to mention that rookies usually get a 8-10 point boost in their 2nd season.

Yes, Santana is 86 now, and Randle El is 75. Both will drop fast.

After that, the highest rated is Devin Thomas (a 2nd year receiver!) is only 70. It's not all sunshine and lollipops here. My hope is I can work Kelly and Mitchell in and get them above 80 in 2 years, but that will take a lot of luck given where they are now and the fact that I have the other JC behind center.

Wellington said:
Doesn't matter... What good is loading your team with talent when you suck and can't take advantage of it?
QFT!

If roster talent was all it took, the Pats would have won the ship multiple times the past few seasons.

Top Bottom