• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

TheCrow

Shawnwhann said:
Bull fucking shit. I'm up 31-17 with 8 mins to go in the game and EA's beautiful servers fucks me out of what was likely going to be a win.

After trying 3 times to get our game in, I'm done for today.

While I was waiting for your answer I lost my connect to the servers too.

What pissed me off was that in all of the other games I had the lead.

Rorschach

If Shawn is able to connect directly, I'd suggest that. If not, you can just pray. :\

I'm playing all my games directly from now on since I know most people aren't willing or able to do it.

TheCrow said:
While I was waiting for your answer I lost my connect to the servers too.

What pissed me off was that in all of the other games I had the lead.

It was still super early though in the other games which made it still a toss up. Surely you'd concede that things were looking grim for you as the last game was somewhat in hand.

And fuck Invesco Field's shitty winds. Missed two field goals because of 17-20 MPH winds :lol

TheCrow

I will admit that out of the four games we played you had one where you were in control.

You know you loved watching royal return that missed field goal for a touchdown. :D

Somnia

Striker do you want to get our game in tonight? Let me know what time works for you and I'll keep an eye out on the thread. If not tomorrow might work a bit better since I'm so fucking tired from traveling today, but I'd be up for playing either way. Just let me know.

P.S. Rors I want to do the trade, but the stupid website wouldn't let me because I haven't played the game yet this week. I'll accept it as soon as I finish my game with Striker. Better deal for you in the long run, but I need the help short term.

TheCrow

Somnia said:
Striker do you want to get our game in tonight? Let me know what time works for you and I'll keep an eye out on the thread. If not tomorrow might work a bit better since I'm so fucking tired from traveling today, but I'd be up for playing either way. Just let me know.

P.S. Rors I want to do the trade, but the stupid website wouldn't let me because I haven't played the game yet this week. I'll accept it as soon as I finish my game with Striker. Better deal for you in the long run, but I need the help short term.

You guys are ruining the league with all of these trades.

TheCrow said:
I will admit that out of the four games we played you had one where you were in control.

You know you loved watching royal return that missed field goal for a touchdown. :D

Was it four? Ugh...

Just finished a refreshing Corona...not as pissed anymore. :D

Wanna try again after you finish whipping on Smokey? I can't go hard wired because I don't have an Ethernet cable long enough to connect it to my 360. If you're hardwired and the shit disconnects again, I'll grab a cable first thing tomorrow morning.

Somnia

Striker said:
I can play tonight or tomorrow. If you're tired, that's fine, and we can try tomorrow evening after 6 PM EST.

I wont be home tomorrow till 10pm cst from work. So if thats not doable lets play tonight. I'm on AIM if you have it (Somnia1982) hit me up on there and let me know.

TheCrow

Somnia said:
This trade is a bit of a necessity for me since my starting QB is out for 9 weeks.

You know you want Kyle Orton. I'll even throw in his neckbeard.

Shawn, I am connected directly.

Rorschach

Somnia said:
P.S. Rors I want to do the trade, but the stupid website wouldn't let me because I haven't played the game yet this week. I'll accept it as soon as I finish my game with Striker.
Cool, cool.:D

Better deal for you in the long run, but I need the help short term.
It's a good deal for both :p I get old guy you get an old guy and a young guy who I'll miss because I'm a homer and he's awesome. :(

Rorschach said:
Well, it's not really direct if it's a big campus network, so it might not pan out.

Well there's our culprit. Fucking campus network has to be what's introducing the issues.

I'm on AT&T's 7MB down DSL service. Our games were easily the most laggy I've experienced in the 100+ online games of Madden 10 I've played thus far.

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
Well, it's not really direct if it's a big campus network, so it might not pan out.

I know. :(

Shawn, you ready to play. Fifth times the charm.

EDIT: I am going back home friday for the long weekend so we should be able to play with a perfect connection then.

GG Smokey. Some bad breaks for you but I made some plays with the great chris simms. I couldn't believe how you overthrew that wide open running back. :lol

Smokey

TheCrow said:
I know. :(

Shawn, you ready to play. Fifth times the charm.

EDIT: I am going back home friday for the long weekend so we should be able to play with a perfect connection then.

GG Smokey. Some bad breaks for you but I made some plays with the great chris simms. I couldn't believe how you overthrew that wide open running back. :lol

this has been normal for me the last few games(they've all been scrimmages but still). when he overthrew the wide tha fuck open running back i calmly set the controller down, and tried to breathe...slowly.

Somnia

Rorschach said:
Cool, cool.:D

It's a good deal for both :p I get old guy you get an old guy and a young guy who I'll miss because I'm a homer and he's awesome. :(

ya it works out pretty well for both. I get something to hold me over till next year and a much better HB than my current situation. Draft = oline and dline priority for sure (and a good up and coming wr heh)

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Somnia said:
This trade is a bit of a necessity for me since my starting QB is out for 9 weeks.
That didn't stop the Patriots last year.

I think the early pace on these trades is disappointing. I know injuries are a little on the high side, but we can't just start trading away our teams because a key player goes down. If the plan is for us to play multiple seasons, then the upside of having a losing season due to injury is the ability to draft high the following year.

SIM LEAGUE

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
That didn't stop the Patriots last year.

I think the early pace on these trades is disappointing. I know injuries are a little on the high side, but we can't just start trading away our teams because a key player goes down. If the plan is for us to play multiple seasons, then the upside of having a losing season due to injury is the ability to draft high the following year.

SIM LEAGUE
Our trade isn't huge like the other trades. It just fills two needs and there was an injury. This shit happens. It's not like I'm getting Brandon Marshall or anything.

The down side to getting completely destroyed every week is that your players regress.

And, while there has been a lot of trade talk, there haven't been many trades yet. There are only two big ones in the works.

Fifty

So I play Lonestar, and everyone gets injured. He ends up using his 41 rated QB for two series. I break Kevin Faulk's ribs..he's out for 4

but Ed Reed fractures a toe, what a silly little injury. Motherfucker is out for 7 weeks. My old best friend is now a critical piece of the puzzle! HEY ED REED, nice job getting an INT in the first half, but don't go all diva and sit out the next 7 weeks because I made fun of you before.

Samari Rolle is now my FS

Fifty

Shut up. The only thing worse than crazy trades are people bitching about POSSIBLE not-so-crazy trades. We've wanted trades forever now, and when we finally have them, whenever people talk about making them, we get people coming in here, rolling their eyes and spoiling some of the fun.

If the biggest damage is two star WRs getting traded in season 1 of a likely no more than 3-4 season league, that's no big deal.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I just played two tough games with Astro and LJ. The highlight of the night, wish I had remembered to save it, was Fitzgerald catching what would have been a first down, then getting blasted by my safety M. Johnson causing a fumble.

I never get huge hits like that. :D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
I just played two tough games with Astro and LJ. The highlight of the night, wish I had remembered to save it, was Fitzgerald catching what would have been a first down, then getting blasted by my safety M. Johnson causing a fumble.

I never get huge hits like that. :D
:lol yeah that was definitely a great play--totally out of nowhere.

edit: fitz made up for it elsewhere though, so i won't hate on him

Mrbob

CB3 said:
Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your naaaame, and they're never glad bob cameeee

:lol

Admit it, you've been sitting on that one for awhile just waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it!

Crow, let's try again when you're on a stable internet connection. I got one more attempt in me as I think 6 tries constitutes a valid effort. Assuming this happens again, I'm fine with simming this game.

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
Crow, let's try again when you're on a stable internet connection. I got one more attempt in me as I think 6 tries constitutes a valid effort. Assuming this happens again, I'm fine with simming this game.

wat

Rorschach

I hate those AT&T DSL services because you have to use their shit.

What you guys have to understand is that it may not be your fault and it may not be their fault either, but at least one person has to connect directly. I know some people can't do it because you're on campus or you're stuck with a DSL network, but if you're able to it would increase your chances of completing your games. And if both can do it, then it's almost a lock.

I know in Shawn/Crow's case it's impossible as it was with Striker/Crow.

TheCrow

Fuck simming the game.

:D My broncos will get destroyed when in fact I have had the lead in almost every single game. Tommorrow night I will be home and if that doesn't work out we can play Saturday. The broncos will finally end your undefeated season. I don't even need to play offense to score. :lol

Edit: The difference between this and strikers game was that I couldn't even get on the field against striker.

Lonestar, Can you play as soon as the league advances so that we won't have any connection problems.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Fifty said:
So I play Lonestar, and everyone gets injured. He ends up using his 41 rated QB for two series. I break Kevin Faulk's ribs..he's out for 4

but Ed Reed fractures a toe, what a silly little injury. Motherfucker is out for 7 weeks. My old best friend is now a critical piece of the puzzle! HEY ED REED, nice job getting an INT in the first half, but don't go all diva and sit out the next 7 weeks because I made fun of you before.

Samari Rolle is now my FS

Well, I count that as a victory then. Taking advantage of me like that, you deserve to have Ed Reed breaked his lil toe. :p

I think I'm just going to sign a QB now, F the rules, 57 as a QB is just not right...

The Greatest Pass of all time

That Play was so Good, here's another angle

I figure, here's 1 of my 2 plays of the game. It's also the won that hurt my 57 QB severely, and put in my 41 QB.

TheCrow said:
Lonestar, Can you play as soon as the league advances so that we won't have any connection problems.

No, we will play whenever I dictate we play, after another week of insufferable gaming.

But, yeah, unless it's a Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. My schedule is eaten up on those days, but only Saturday is a for sure doubtful day. College Football, MAANNNN

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar said:
Well, I count that as a victory then. Taking advantage of me like that, you deserve to have Ed Reed breaked his lil toe. :p

I think I'm just going to sign a QB now, F the rules, 57 as a QB is just not right...

The Greatest Pass of all time

That Play was so Good, here's another angle

I figure, here's 1 of my 2 plays of the game. It's also the won that hurt my 57 QB severely, and put in my 41 QB.

No, we will play whenever I dictate we play, after another week of insufferable gaming.

But, yeah, unless it's a Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. My schedule is eaten up on those days, but only Saturday is a for sure doubtful day. College Football, MAANNNN

Kevin Kolb is a 68!

TheCrow said:
Fuck simming the game.

:D My broncos will get destroyed when in fact I have had the lead in almost every single game. Tommorrow night I will be home and if that doesn't work out we can play Saturday. The broncos will finally end your undefeated season. I don't even need to play offense to score. :lol

Edit: The difference between this and strikers game was that I couldn't even get on the field against striker.

I'm only trying one more time bro, so don't get pissed if I'm not down to try and play a 7th time.

About our games....what can I say...you play anybody 5 straight times it's easy to get a read on what they're doing. Your manual rushing Dumerville off the corner was a little too effective which caused a lot of those picks. Even though I threw 5 picks, I was sitting pretty only down 3 points getting ready to stop you on that 3rd down.

Do you always use the Cowboys offensive playbook, or did you do that for our last game?

We'll try one more time, if it doesn't pan out, tough silicone tittays! :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
See, the thing is, because you know that I'd have no other option, you wouldn't accept an equal rated player of a position for a 68-75 rated QB. You would want something like a mid to high draft pick, or some 80 rated player. I would be at a disadvantage. I figure, look bad, get that first waver FA, sign one of those average QB's, and hope that Brady is back next week (1 week left on "this week" but odds are, there will be "doubtful/questionable/probable" Stages)

I'm not in this to help you guys out. Especially not anyone that has no quarrels of doing this to his fellow competitors
sp2.jpg

TheCrow

Shawnwhann said:
I'm only trying one more time bro, so don't get pissed if I'm not down to try and play a 7th time.

About our games....what can I say...you play anybody 5 straight times it's easy to get a read on what they're doing. Your manual rushing Dumerville off the corner was a little too effective which caused a lot of those picks. Even though I threw 5 picks, I was sitting pretty only down 3 points getting ready to stop you on that 3rd down.

Do you always use the Cowboys offensive playbook, or did you do that for our last game?

We'll try one more time, if it doesn't pan out, tough silicone tittays! :D

If only I could actually play on offense it would have been a blowout. :D

I had to use Dumerville or else you would have all day to pass. I tried to not use him but it only made matters worse. Every time we play it is a defensive battle throughout.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
I hate those AT&T DSL services because you have to use their shit.

What you guys have to understand is that it may not be your fault and it may not be their fault either, but at least one person has to connect directly. I know some people can't do it because you're on campus or you're stuck with a DSL network, but if you're able to it would increase your chances of completing your games. And if both can do it, then it's almost a lock.

I know in Shawn/Crow's case it's impossible as it was with Striker/Crow.

It's most definitely a NAT issue on someone's end, ever since I fixed my router I've had 0 problems connecting to people unlike years past. :p

Striker

Ramirez said:
It's most definitely a NAT issue on someone's end, ever since I fixed my router I've had 0 problems connecting to people unlike years past. :p
How would somebody go about addressing this? I can connect to people, but just seems weird at times on certain games.

Top Bottom