• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Ramirez

Striker said:
How would somebody go about addressing this? I can connect to people, but just seems weird at times on certain games.

You gotta forward some ports or something, took me forever to do. :lol

Rorschach

storybook77 said:
DCX traded me his 2nd and 6th round picks.
Thank you.

If you guys make trades for picks PM me or post it on the franchise boards. Thanks.

DCX said:
KC owns my 3rd next year....per Gonzo trade.

DCX
Yeah, I know most of the real life trades off the top of my head because the off-season is boring and I'm obsessive. :(

Smokey

To those having problems may I suggest :

8040121_ra.jpg

I was having the same problems as some of you. I had a POS Netgear router. I read the wireless thread on the gaming side and everybody praised this router. Picked it up, and have had ZERO problems. When I run the XBL test I no longer have NAT issues, and I run XBL through wireless. It's an awesome router.

Also go here:

http://www.portforward.com/

Pick what router you have or whatever your situation is, and it will tell you which ports to forward for XBL. It'll take you step by step how to do it and everything.

Smokey said:
To those having problems may I suggest :

8040121_ra.jpg

I was having the same problems as some of you. I had a POS Netgear router. I read the wireless thread on the gaming side and everybody praised this router. Picked it up, and have had ZERO problems. When I run the XBL test I no longer have NAT issues, and I run XBL through wireless. It's an awesome router.

Also go here:

http://www.portforward.com/

Pick what router you have or whatever your situation is, and it will tell you which ports to forward for XBL. It'll take you step by step how to do it and everything.

I'm gaming on a Linksys $100 Wireless N+ router. I don't play baby... :D

Smokey

AstroLad said:
DIR-655 here. I do like d-link.

yup thats the one i posted a pic of and the one i have.

it's a beast.

Shawnwhann said:
I'm gaming on a Linksys $100 Wireless N+ router. I don't play baby... :D

oh yeah?

my router is better than your so..take..that

that was the most heartbreaking loss

ever

i fucking knew i should have just run it on that 3rd down to kill more time. but i wanted to go for the kill, but i was kinda right, i didn't want the ball back in your hands. and when evans caught that ball i almost pulled a smokey. gg anyways

6 games left.

Bears Vs. Lions - I assume its getting done now that bob is back

Bengals Vs. Browns - Status?

Titans Vs. Jags - Status?

Jets Vs. Saints - Status?

Cowboys Vs. Broncos - Status?

Bears Vs. Vikings - anyone heard from BigAT?

LJ11

ph33nix said:
that was the most heartbreaking loss

ever

i fucking knew i should have just run it on that 3rd down to kill more time. but i wanted to go for the kill, but i was kinda right, i didn't want the ball back in your hands. and when evans caught that ball i almost pulled a smokey. gg anyways

Cardiac kids.

You were leaving some one on one coverage, and I was sitting on that deep ball, just waiting. A lot of press coverage, that Miami secondary is insane, my guys couldn't get off the press. I had no timeouts, you should have given me the middle of the field but you zoned it up.

That said, Roscoe killed me that game. Fumbled inside the 20 and on a PR (that was on me, though it looked like your defender kind of clipped through my blocker, was shocked he got in).

Speaking of clipping through, I have no idea how Mitchell didn't knock that ball down on 4th and game. I was sitting on the double crosses you were running, almost picked it off on 3rd (went through his hands), and I have no idea how he missed the swat, almost impossible.

LJ11 said:
Cardiac kids.

You were leaving some one on one coverage, and I was sitting on that deep ball, just waiting. A lot of press coverage, that Miami secondary is insane, my guys couldn't get off the press. I had no timeouts, you should have given me the middle of the field but you zoned it up.

That said, Roscoe killed me that game. Fumbled inside the 20 and on a PR (that was on me, though it looked like your defender kind of clipped through my blocker, was shocked he got in).

Speaking of clipping through, I have no idea how Mitchell didn't knock that ball down on 4th and game. I was sitting on the double crosses you were running, almost picked it off on 3rd (went through his hands), and I have no idea how he missed the swat, almost impossible.

yeah i noticed that too. i got so pissed during the game cause i just couldn't run the goddamn ball. it definitely would have helped me if i could but apparently my line is only good for pass protection. did you see that one sweep to the right side where i had 2 blockers and they ignored the defenders completely? :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fifty said:
You PM it to FMT/Rors/Me and you get an answer, then you propose/accept it in-game or on the site.

hey bastard dont forget about me. atleast i was in the AIM meetings!

LJ11

ph33nix said:
yeah i noticed that too. i got so pissed during the game cause i just couldn't run the goddamn ball. it definitely would have helped me if i could but apparently my line is only good for pass protection. did you see that one sweep to the right side where i had 2 blockers and they ignored the defenders completely? :lol

Yeah, you had some shitty blocking but you picked it up in the second half a bit. I had the same problem in the first, but my issue was running offtackle. When I had the ball in the second I just pounded the middle and stayed away from the ends, and picked up some yards. That holding call on 3rd and 1 pissed me off, I just couldn't catch a break when I crossed your 40.

Also, you had at least half a dozen delay of game penalties. Second and manageable turned into 2nd and long repeatedly. It was pissing me off, I couldn't get a read on your play calling, so I can't imagine what was going through your head.

LJ11 said:
Yeah, you had some shitty blocking but you picked it up in the second half a bit. I had the same problem in the first, but my issue was running offtackle. When I had the ball in the second I just pounded the middle and stayed away from the ends, and picked up some yards. That holding call on 3rd and 1 pissed me off, I just couldn't catch a break when I crossed your 40.

Also, you had at least half a dozen delay of game penalties. Second and manageable turned into 2nd and long repeatedly. It was pissing me off, I couldn't get a read on your play calling, so I can't imagine what was going through your head.

:lol that's good. my delay of games were just lack of clock awareness i spent too much time trying to figure out what to do. im proud that i at least kept this game damn close, i think im getting better. too bad im 0-4 and basically ..... hold on...

FIRE FUCKING SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
6 games left.

Bears Vs. Lions - I assume its getting done now that bob is back

Bengals Vs. Browns - Status?

Titans Vs. Jags - Status?

Jets Vs. Saints - Status?

Cowboys Vs. Broncos - Status?

Bears Vs. Vikings - anyone heard from BigAT?
Were playing Friday night at 10pm cst

Lonestar said:

:lol

also, some trade requests have been made that involve big name players. guys, i can 99% guarantee you these aren't going to happen. this NEVER happens in the NFL. frank gore would NEVER EVER EVER be traded during the season or in the off season. it wouldn't happen.

i am a little on edge with all of these trades but i can understand most of them (the edwards for jackson trade i was mostly against but was talked into it and could agree with it), but that is really the extent of what i want to allow as far as big names.

this isn't the NBA or MLB fellas. you have a team and you might add a couple role players or draft picks, but that is it

FrenchMovieTheme said:

also, some trade requests have been made that involve big name players. guys, i can 99% guarantee you these aren't going to happen. this NEVER happens in the NFL. frank gore would NEVER EVER EVER be traded during the season or in the off season. it wouldn't happen.

i am a little on edge with all of these trades but i can understand most of them (the edwards for jackson trade i was mostly against but was talked into it and could agree with it), but that is really the extent of what i want to allow as far as big names.

this isn't the NBA or MLB fellas. you have a team and you might add a couple role players or draft picks, but that is it

i hear you. but these guys im dealing are on the older side, and im dealing guys who are blocking young players that i consider a part of my future (like cameron wake and philip merling). i'm 0-4 and basically done i want their development to start now.

don't worry this wont turn into the 2k9 league. at least we're not doing shit like ronnie brown for brandon jacobs or something

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Woot! It'd be a sham if CB was able to leverage his depth to acquire big names like Marshall, Dawkins, and now Jason Taylor.

I was content on finding some role players, but I'm not going to stand pat if unrealistic trades are being done by my division rivals.

also, please keep track of your draft picks you have traded away and acquired. i have no way of keeping track of them aside from what is posted here that i can reference.

hopefully ea fixes it shortly so we can trade picks, but we'll see!

also, if i see a trade that i have issue with i am going to run it by my co-commishes.

keep in mind guys that you will need to cut players this off-season. no need to trade away all your good players for picks or you will end up with your only good players left on the free agent market.

this isn't the NBA.

Smokey

stop saying this isn't nba. we are aware. cb gets to load his fucking team and i get cockblocked from making mine better just b/c i'm 3-1.

i am getting angry.

Mrbob

Fifty said:
Shut up. The only thing worse than crazy trades are people bitching about POSSIBLE not-so-crazy trades. We've wanted trades forever now, and when we finally have them, whenever people talk about making them, we get people coming in here, rolling their eyes and spoiling some of the fun.

If the biggest damage is two star WRs getting traded in season 1 of a likely no more than 3-4 season league, that's no big deal.

http://www.sportscity.com/2007-NFL-Trade-Tracker

Just saying.

Trades rarely happen in the NFL. Mostly in the offseason if anything. If you have an old guy who isn't producing they ride the bench and then are cut in the offseason.

Once the regular season starts trades hardly ever occur. Of course I'm not on the admin knights of the round table...I'm just a plebeian voicing one opinion!

ph33nix said:
i hear you. but these guys im dealing are on the older side, and im dealing guys who are blocking young players that i consider a part of my future (like cameron wake and philip merling). i'm 0-4 and basically done i want their development to start now.

don't worry this wont turn into the 2k9 league. at least we're not doing shit like ronnie brown for brandon jacobs or something

i would say merriman for porter is close to that.

p.s. guys dont make me come up with a no-trade clause for certain players. im letting people use their own discretion on most trades but some of this stuff is just not going to happen

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I know it's been variously discussed, but how's the FA pickup stuff going to work exactly? When will the order be decided, when will we pick, excetera.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i would say merriman for porter is close to that.

p.s. guys dont make me come up with a no-trade clause for certain players. im letting people use their own discretion on most trades but some of this stuff is just not going to happen

what?

merriman is a younger LB, porter is older but rated higher. So...what's wrong with trading with somebody who wants to get younger? My team is already young taking on a older player wouldn't hurt. And it's a RISK I'm willing to take. Seeing how this is a online FRANCHISE and we're supposed to be the GM I don't see what the hell is wrong with my trade.

Why have trades even enabled if you guys aren't going to let anybody make any meaningful moves?

Smokey

Rorschach said:
Didn't you JUST get Braylon fucking Edwards?

Yes.

So?

And even that trade barely went through.

There are still other weak spots on my team, am I not allowed to improve them?

Apparently not.

Rorschach said:
So? You said no meaningful trades... when you just made one...

[edit] Also, how is Merriman a hole? What the fuck?

the deal is basically vernon carey for a first rounder. and i also am looking to unload joey porter because he's on the wrong side of 30 and merriman was perfect for a replacement, we both agreed to this but its yalls call i guess.

Smokey

Rorschach said:
So? You said no meaningful trades... when you just made one...

[edit] Also, how is Merriman a hole? What the fuck?

He's not. I am willing to take a risk by trading a younger player for an older better player. What is wrong with this?

Edwards is a whole 3 pts better than Vincent Jackson which is who he is replacing. 3 pts. You're acting like I just made a MASSIVE upgrade (rating wise). Yes Edwards is better, but what...by 3 pts?

Rorschach

ph33nix said:
the deal is basically vernon carey for a first rounder. and i also am looking to unload joey porter because he's on the wrong side of 30 and merriman was perfect for a replacement, we both agreed to this but its yalls call i guess.
I'm not making a call on this. I also passed on the previous trade. It's a conflict of interest. I would love for Smokey to fuck up his franchise, to be honest, but I don't want to contribute to it happening. I was just thinking that his reasoning sounded off.

Smokey said:
what?

merriman is a younger LB, porter is older but rated higher. So...what's wrong with trading with somebody who wants to get younger? My team is already young taking on a older player wouldn't hurt. And it's a RISK I'm willing to take. Seeing how this is a online FRANCHISE and we're supposed to be the GM I don't see what the hell is wrong with my trade.

Why have trades even enabled if you guys aren't going to let anybody make any meaningful moves?

getting edwards isn't meaningful?

look, i allowed the vincent jackson/edwards trade. i could have easily said no to that and no one would have argued but i didn't.

you said the true purpose of that trade is to improve your RT position. well, there are plenty of decent RT's you could have for a 1st rounder (i have an 82 RT i would be willing to give up for that).

the trades to this point have already borderlined on unrealistic but i've allowed them because i know it is part of the game to get trades going. but trades involving top 5 players or whatever are pushing it and i would veto them in almost every instance.

im not cockblocking anyone or trying to prevent anyone from getting better, but this is supposed to be NFL. trades dont happen often. you have your team, and you win or lose with that team, then get better in the draft and free agency. that's how it's going to work here as well.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
This is all much ado about nothing.

Most of my trades have been for players who are retiring within the next season or two MAX

The issue is Brandon Marshall, but the trade for Braylon has already set a precidence for it.

I think the issue with smokey is because Merriman is a franchise player who isnt disgruntled in real life, which is where the Braylon/Marshall trades are coming from. I honestly think Smokey gets the raw side of that deal but thats besides the point.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ok....who wants Sexy Rexy!?

Top Bottom