• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
TheCrow said:
:lol There are no words.

But never fear, Kyle Orton will light it up. Against the team that abandoned him.

Well, I already proposed the trade on the online page, accept! You cannot wait until AFTER our game, or else I might as well leave the league over unsportsmanship!

I'm looking for a post I know I made awhile back, mentioning "I need to get a backup QB" because at the time, the backup was O'Connell, who's like a 41 rating. I already can't run, not being able to pass means not being to have any kind of sustained drives, which means, no matter how good I do on Defense, I will eventually give up something. I stopped Fifty TWICE when he went for it on 4th down inside the 5 yard line. I've got game...just not at this years Madden :p

Fifty said:
Only if you promise not to use it as ammunition for bitching about the league being too unrealistic.

Also keep in mind that in the trade between me and DCX, he gave me his 2nd and 6th round pick, and I dropped Williams immediately off my roster.

TheCrow

Lonestar said:
Well, I already proposed the trade on the online page, accept! You cannot wait until AFTER our game, or else I might as well leave the league over unsportsmanship!

I can't accept it until I get my game in with Shawn. Which would probably be tomorrow. I am not purposely waiting till our game to accept, I will accept it as soon as possible.

BTW Crow, my availability on Saturday is going to be a little funky. I'm throwing a BBQ tomorrow from 10-4 PST. So we'll have to play sometime tomorrow night.

BigAT

Got my game in with Daw. Dealing with Favre in the shotgun behind that OL, 4 receivers wide and Adrian Peterson coming into the flats for most of the game was...well, not so much fun.

I scored a touchdown with about a minute left to get within two, then on the two point conversation to tie it:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8934097

It was ruled that Driver wasn't in the end zone on the reception...ugh.

Rorschach

BigAT said:
Got my game in with Daw. Dealing with Favre in the shotgun behind that OL, 4 receivers wide and Adrian Peterson coming into the flats for most of the game was...well, not so much fun.

I scored a touchdown with about a minute left to get within two, then on the two point conversation to tie it:

I've had a play REVERSED by a booth call where my receiver caught it in the back of the endzone. The ruling was that he didn't make it in, so the ball was moved back to the 1 yard line. It's so stupid.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:

Ball didn't break the plane.

Hmmm but then why is it a TD when guys hit the pylon.

Weird.

TheCrow

Shawnwhann said:
BTW Crow, my availability on Saturday is going to be a little funky. I'm throwing a BBQ tomorrow from 10-4 PST. So we'll have to play sometime tomorrow night.

That's fine. Then I'll accept the trade and play Lonestar sunday or monday.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
To make things even worse, the dude isn't even American. Could you imagine if Obama named Putin "co-commissioner" of the NFL? Similar situation here.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I think the league would benefit from some sort of rules regarding trading so that we at least have some idea how to structure a trade proposal. I don't think it is fair for a trade to go through based purely on opinion. Without contracts or salary, we need to have some valuations on players/draft picks that applies to trades.

Rorschach

AstroLad said:
To make things even worse, the dude isn't even American. Could you imagine if Obama named Putin "co-commissioner" of the NFL? Similar situation here.
As long as he's not Canadian, I'm cool with it.

Fifty

Feel free to propose something, Denogg, but I think it's a fine system. Trade should be evaluated on their own merits, and creating a set system of rules (i.e: player rated 75-82=2nd rounder, 82-85= first rounder. ...23 year old rated 75 = 35 year old rated 80) is wayyy too complicated.

Taking into account things like potential, age, rating, position (kickers should be valued less, QB's more) is necessary and I have no bloody clue on how we'd create a system other than evaluating each trade by looking at the players involved and judging the approximate worth of the picks included, like we're doing now.

Fuck..my head hurts just writing that. DM, make me an angry/tired Smitch avatar.

edit: and since the thread moves so fast..Everyone read FMT's post about the FA Draft

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17430339&postcount=2520

DMczaf

2e2mopl.jpg

Somnia

Quick question regarding cuts at the end of the year (I know I'm jumping ahead). If a player rated 80+ or 75+,etc. retires does that count as one of our "cuts" or do we need to cut on top of that also?

DenogginizerOS

Fifty said:
Taking into account things like potential, age, rating, position (kickers should be valued less, QB's more) is necessary and I have no bloody clue on how we'd create a system other than evaluating each trade by looking at the players involved and judging the approximate worth of the picks included, like we're doing now.

So, hypothetically, if I propose a trade for Brandon Marshall in exchange for David Harris and a second round pick, how would you evaluate that?

Rorschach

Somnia said:
Quick question regarding cuts at the end of the year (I know I'm jumping ahead). If a player rated 80+ or 75+,etc. retires does that count as one of our "cuts" or do we need to cut on top of that also?
I think it doesn't count since you're not feeding into the FA pool. The point of the cuts isn't to handicap your team. It's to have a pool of decent free agents at the end of the year.

FMT can correct me if I'm wrong.

TheCrow

Wait, aren't the cuts happening after the pro bowl period, but before the season advances? If so, progression is not going to be accounted for. I think that would be fine since it would make owners have to estimate on how their players regress/progress.

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
Wait, aren't the cuts happening after the pro bowl period, but before the season advances? If so, progression is not going to be accounted for. I think that would be fine since it would make owners have to estimate on how their players regress/progress.
Pro Bowl is before the Super Bowl.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'!

Does Online Franchise even have a ProBowl? :\

Wellington said:
Ball didn't break the plane.

Hmmm but then why is it a TD when guys hit the pylon.

Weird.

thats the rule, touch the pylon or break the plane above the pylon. The plane extends beyond the sidelines as long as the player stays in bounds (i.e. Holmes - player and ball - 1). That said its hard to tell from the video whether that was a successful 2pt conversion or not. EA needs better quality on these videos.

Lonestar

Rorschach said:

It would be a nice feature, which means no, no it's not in the online franchise.

Though really, it's for the best. No 2 people could play that game. Best thing would be to have it simmed, or just have the spots announced (of who made it to the game). The game itself is meaningless.

BigAT

Rorschach said:

I've heard that offensive/defensive players of the year aren't even selected, so Pro Bowl seems highly unlikely.

Lonestar

Source: Pats release backup QB Walter

Quarterback Andrew Walter was informed the New England Patriots are releasing him, an NFL source said Friday.

This means that rookie quarterback Brian Hoyer has, for now, won the competition to be Tom Brady's backup.

Hoyer was impressive in the Patriots' regular-season finale against the Giants, and the Patriots are not expected to trade for or sign another veteran QB.

Adam Schefter is an NFL Insider for ESPN.

Looks like someone else noticed similar problems...
AWALTISAWESOME.jpg

AWESOMELYBAD.jpg

As usual, check the properties...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
MrBob, what time can you play today? I am free after 6:30 Central.

Tomorrow is a no-go for me as I have a football game+tailgating to go to.

Mrbob

dskillzhtown said:
MrBob, what time can you play today? I am free after 6:30 Central.

Tomorrow is a no-go for me as I have a football game+tailgating to go to.

I think we can play around 7 or so tonight.

Mrbob

Scratch that for now...how late can you play tonight?

My internet went out today where my 360 is, currently having technical difficulties. :(

I might need a couple hours to see what I can do...if not I'll log out for you to play the cpu.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Bob you need to retire from Madden.

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:

My internet went out today where my 360 is, currently having technical difficulties. :(

I might need a couple hours to see what I can do...if not I'll log out for you to play the cpu.
This is code.....

and i decoded it:

B0000E32X2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

DCX

Rorschach

Mrbob said:

Do you keep your 360 in a different house across the city or what? Is it in protective custody? Is it a bubble 360 like the bubble boy from Sienfeld?

Mrbob

Screw you matrix! :lol

DCX I'm on season 5 now. :p

I go online from my phone rors!

Ok I figured it out! My splitter is bad, that is why. I hook my cable line directly to modem and it works. Or I need to get a speed boost!

Either way I'm online and hooked into Live! I'm gonna grab a bite to eat now Dskillz but I should be able to play in about a half hour. Let me know! I do need to watch more Chee...err, get some more unpacking done tonight!

DenogginizerOS

Rorschach said:
Do you keep your 360 in a different house across the city or what? Is it in protective custody? Is it a bubble 360 like the bubble boy from Sienfeld?
His X360 is taken care of by the PSN monkeys. Blame them. It's easy.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I know it's pre-season, but Sexy Rexy is shitting on Tampa....

he's a keeper!

Sorry Bob.

Mrbob

Zack is so dreamy:

zack_morris4.jpg

But AC Slater has the muscles:

28217-ACslater.jpg

I can't decide....GAFMADDEN HELP ME as I wait to play my game!

orig-8184221.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DenogginizerOS said:
dskillz is catching up on some shows perhaps?

GP_SAVEDBYTHEBELL.small.jpg

or perhaps CB's favorite show:

touched_by_an_angel.jpg

I tried to find out what your favorite tv show is but you quit watching them right in the middle all the time so I had no luck :(

Top Bottom