• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

bluemax

Banned
I just had the best goal line stand ever.

First play Haye shoots through the line and tackles Brown in the back field.

Second play the QB falls over an inch short of the goal line

Third play I mess up and come out in goal line to counter 3 wide. I call time out, come out in nickle and pick it off!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
megatron.jpg

All that really needs to be said about the game.

My guys apparently can't tackle anymore. Learned from the Jets. :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
can't believe fitz fumbled like that on the potential game winning drive :/

so many fumbles that game wow.

was a world of difference to get leinart in holy shit pennington is even worse than i thought (worse than leinart that is). total waste of a half

gg man...exciting

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Nightz said:
Bullcrap. Up 26-13 and the game disconnects with 3 minutes left. No option to continue either. :mad:

dont trip. you'll probably do even better this time around

DJ Demon J 19404 Online Playing Madden NFL 10
Online Franchise; 2nd qtr.; 0 - 21

Yep.

DCX

DCX
AstroLad said:
can't believe fitz fumbled like that on the potential game winning drive :/

so many fumbles that game wow.

was a world of difference to get leinart in holy shit pennington is even worse than i thought (worse than leinart that is). total waste of a half

gg man...exciting
great game dude. That was a game of defense never mind how bad our offenses were. Hell getting 96 yards on that front four is a miracle. My D did great. I love my team...even tough i didn't play with my starting TE who is apparently holding out :/

DCX

bluemax

Banned
GG Pheeknicks. You torched me a few times with Moss but for the most part my defense held it together. Virges with 2 picks and he dropped a third. Lots of clutch red zone turnover too.

2 fumble mini games and the first time I thought you won and I got it, then the second time I thought I got it and you did. Guess it evens out.

bluemax

Banned
Um wtf half of my teams stats don't show up in the game. All I have is defense and return stats. None of my passing, rushing, receiving or kicking stats show up,

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Somnia said:
GG Wellie...not how I wanted to start the season, but a hell of a game. Megatron lives up to his name fellas!
I thought you had me when you went up 21-7. I just kept giving up big play after big play, it was weird. Actually yeah, you scored TDs from 80, 62, 46, and 32 yards out. :|

Look at this run. So textbook.

I get to play Fifty and Ray Lewis for the first time next week, and he has my old nemesis Anquan Boldin. :|

Smokey

Annddddd the first game is in the books.

My key rookies all showed up:

Betharious Callen got a pick 6 and scored.
Myron Wilson (RB) 74 yard rushing TD
Christian "White Boy" Sam returned a kickoff for a TD and is like a RB at the WR position.

Hope they keep it up !

Birdman02

BigAT, I can play now if you're still around. If not, I can play anytime after 9 est tomorrow night...maybe 8:30, depending on when my son goes to sleep.

I can't have him watching any more Jags games. I need to convert him to the 49er faithful!!

PBY

Banned
worst. fucking. game. EVAR

i'm not saying i would have won... but the bullshit rain (ie fumble pick machine) totally messed up this game GODDAMMIT THAT WAS ALMOST MY FIRST FUCKING WIN AND I FUCKED IT UP

fifty, good game dog- im pretty sure that without all the crazy shit you would have won alot bigger... im just pissed b/c i could taste victory and i fumbled it away

Fifty

WOW. That game was so bizarre. I should have quit when I saw that it was pouring so bad, it felt like Heavy Rain 2. We both fumbled like it was going out of style...FGs were impossible (a perfect 45 yarder fell over 15 yards short). WRs were falling down on routes, RBs unable to get anything going. P

My only lasting complaint will be that my new rookie (1st round) DE should have had about 4-5 sacks, but because the game lets you throw it away insanely easy, he only got one.

It was one of the top 3 weirdest and ugliest games of Madden I have ever played. The stress of a possible loss to someone who was playing with absolutely ZERO pressure probably took a year off my life. You'll get that W soon enough at this rate. Your CB with 3 picks really impressed me. Any game where I throw less than 5 INTs is a success of sorts.

PBY

Banned
Fifty said:
WOW. That game was so bizarre. I should have quit when I saw that it was pouring so bad, it felt like Heavy Rain 2. We both fumbled like it was going out of style...FGs were impossible (a perfect 45 yarder fell over 15 yards short). WRs were falling down on routes, RBs unable to get anything going. P

My only lasting complaint will be that my new rookie (1st round) DE should have had about 4-5 sacks, but because the game lets you throw it away insanely easy, he only got one.

It was one of the top 3 weirdest and ugliest games of Madden I have ever played. The stress of a possible loss to someone who was playing with absolutely ZERO pressure probably took a year off my life.
haha, believe it or not it was actually my first rain game.. so when i started seeing SHIT GO DOWN (read flacco stumbling all over the place, receivers falling, fumbles, passes flying everywhere, did i mention fumbles?) I was like whoa....

you pulled through though, good shit man. I'd love to have a WR like boldin, dudes a beast

Rorschach

Smokey said:
Annddddd the first game is in the books.

My key rookies all showed up:

Betharious Callen got a pick 6 and scored.
Myron Wilson (RB) 74 yard rushing TD
Christian "White Boy" Sam returned a kickoff for a TD and is like a RB at the WR position.

Hope they keep it up !
Yeah that Sam guy is for real... breaking tackles like crazy. My guys were falling off of him so much. :lol

First of many Fitch2Johnson connections http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/17807918

Something none of my QBs could ever do before Fitch: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/17807956

gg LJ! just one of those ridiculous games (on offense!) on that first tristan TD throw i had the pick (or i thought my computer guy did) and i was in process of switching at the line and the ball went up in the air and i moved the cb :(

i don't know WTF happened at halftime but your guys were in on every throw and every run. i don't know if my guys were tired or it was a defense you were calling but holy shit i would snap the ball and sacks, run the ball and stuffed. i finally slowed it down by calling play action but jesus i have all 80's on my line they shouldn't be getting abused by nobodies.

i also basically lost the game when jack english got injured for the final 3 quarters. ricockulous! F U alex.

p.s. i love keller

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg LJ! just one of those ridiculous games (on offense!) on that first tristan TD throw i had the pick (or i thought my computer guy did) and i was in process of switching at the line and the ball went up in the air and i moved the cb :(

i don't know WTF happened at halftime but your guys were in on every throw and every run. i don't know if my guys were tired or it was a defense you were calling but holy shit i would snap the ball and sacks, run the ball and stuffed. i finally slowed it down by calling play action but jesus i have all 80's on my line they shouldn't be getting abused by nobodies.

i also basically lost the game when jack english got injured for the final 3 quarters. ricockulous! F U alex.

p.s. i love keller
Keller, 7 receptions, 199 yards, 1 TD.

whatdog.gif

Wellington said:
Keller, 7 receptions, 199 yards, 1 TD.

whatdog.gif

bro anytime i trade to let my routes develop i was flushed out or sacked/hit immediately. as i said, my offensive line got manhandled by a rag tag group of misfits! probably home field advantage :/

a good deal of those yards came on a 70-yard ish bomb where keller got behind the D. if alex smith had any type of fucking arm in this game that would've been an easy td. instead, no.

i should have just put english back in. it was only a concussion!

Fifty

I had 2 passing TDs and almost 200 yards to Rice (albeit on only 5 catches) because passing to, and breaking big plays with RBs is just simply easier than throwing to WRs.

It's easier to identify when they're open, there's rarely a zone to watch for if they are, and they've got the tools to break big runs, especially if people miss a hit stick hit.

That's why people throw to them (PB's RBs had 16 catches...) and that's why they'll keep being popular targets.

LJ11

Good game dude, crazy match. When I fumbled on that drive I thought it was a wrap. Besides that dropped int, your guys were laying wood. Still not sure how didn't recover any of the three fumbles, when it looked like I had the jump on the meter each time. Must be using a turbo controller.

This dude Riley was fitting the ball into quarter sized windows, amazing what some THP will do for you. I almost made this incredible throw, running backwards on a jailbreak I threw it from the right hash about, 60 to 70 yards in the air, to the left and Clements just barely tipped the ball out of Toliver's hands.

I definitely changed my D front in the second half, may have made some difference. But still Alain and Washington were bruising it up, and I've yet to plug in the other DTs I picked up because they haven't been cut yet.

Keller burned my ass on a couple of blitzes, honest to god I didn't realize who it was until the 3rd quarter. Zero gameplan, rosters all over the place, so I had zero clue that it was 99 spd Keller.

LukeSmith said:
How did you end up with Tristan Riley LJ? I thought you had Jermichael Hardaway

Can't let a good talent go to waste.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm trying to figure out how I got in Bizarro World. Rorschach only ran 3 times an entire game...for 6 yards?

LJ11 said:
Good game dude, crazy match. When I fumbled on that drive I thought it was a wrap. Besides that dropped int, your guys were laying wood. Still not sure how didn't recover any of the three fumbles, when it looked like I had the jump on the meter each time. Must be using a turbo controller.

This dude Riley was fitting the ball into quarter sized windows, amazing what some THP will do for you. I almost made this incredible throw, running backwards on a jailbreak I threw it from the right hash about 60 to 70 yards in the air, and Clements just barely tipped the ball out of Toliver's hands.

I definitely changed my D front in the second half, may have made some difference. But still Alain and Washington were bruising it up, and I've yet to plug in the other DTs I picked up because they haven't been cut yet.

Keller burned my ass on a couple of blitzes, honest to god I didn't realize who it was until the 3rd quarter. Zero gameplan, rosters all over the place, so I had zero clue that it was 99 spd Keller.

yeah i think on all the minigame fumbles you started with the meter on your side! surprised i recovered on those minigames. tristan was definitely taking care of business. english was 11/12 when he left the game so maybe it would have been an old fashioned air shootout! it kind of was anyways, and truthfully the int's i threw with alex smith were my own fault, not his inability. but there were just throws i didn't try to make or weren't complete because it was him and not jack.

i'm also happy i kept gore. he's a much better runner up the middle. keller is more of a reggie bush style guy that needs to be put in space and juke people then run to daylight. i was trying my best to run out of bounds with him so he didn't get hurt :lol

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
I'm trying to figure out how I got in Bizarro World. Rorschach only ran 3 times an entire game...for 6 yards?
Was just testing out my passing game since we don't get to use our teams outside anyway.

PBY

Banned
Lonestar said:
Wayne as in Reggie Wayne? Doesn't show in console on his team.
luke was working late, so he couldnt drop them... he and mjd will be on my team for next week

also: MJD is on the trading block

Fifty

I'm pretty sure that no matter how liberal we are in terms of trading, we're not allowing people to make a trade for a guy and then immediately trade him. It has to be done next season. That sucks for you since you now have Joker and MJD, but I think those are the rules.

Top Bottom