• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Smokey

ph33nix said:
Calling me Konex 2.0 was definitely overstating it

konex.png

nba_a_nets11_576.jpg

and I definitely don't think I roll out the moment its snapped. and I know I ran two bootleg plays, one where ted ginn dropped an open pass (fuck you ted) and the other where you said, my guy ran straight into your DE

:lol :lol :lol

:/

Wellington said:
Yes but.... I got my guy in the sixth round, you got yours in the second. :D (Please don't add me to "the list." :((((()

This is true. But I "knew" somebody else had done homework like me, so I didn't want to take the chance. This dude has F potential btw:lol

And you haven't done anything to me to be on "tha list".

LJ is on it because he okie-dokied me, Rors b/c he's Rors, and Matrix because he always gets Houston teams ahead of me, and b/c he okie-dokied me with his little rookie RB.

bluemax

Banned
ph33nix said:
Calling me Konex 2.0 was definitely overstating it

konex.png

nba_a_nets11_576.jpg

and I definitely don't think I roll out the moment its snapped. and I know I ran two bootleg plays, one where ted ginn dropped an open pass (fuck you ted) and the other where you said, my guy ran straight into your DE
I already said you're not Konex 2.0 and I'm not angry about the game. What more do you want? Your name has been cleared.

bluemax said:
I already said you're not Konex 2.0 and I'm not angry about the game. What more do you want? Your name has been cleared.

that post was more for lols. smokey got it right. this is madden-gaf.

Striker

Wellington said:
I am very anal about having the right personnel on the field since the end of last season. On passing downs I want Boley and Brackett as my two LBs in Nickel, or Boley as the lone in dime. 4-3 I like to go with Williams, Bradley/Fua, and Brackett. I feel like I am very deep everywhere.
I read in the NCAA '10 thread about them bringing back sub-packaging (assuming this is where it saves). So with the changes you mentioned here, and the moves I, and sure dozens others do, make during the game won't be forced to be done game after game. I love to have Jarvis Moss at OLB in sure pass situations in a 3-4 stance, but if I'm nickel or dime, I have Tucker and Moss at DE with Sneed patrolling the MLB spot. Jackson is the other backer if I use nickel.

Roster adjustments made - if a WR goes down for me I'm screwed. I had planned on taking a WR along with HB, but EA decided it was best to go all OL with a late WR (62 ovr) and DT added.

LJ, Patterson is yours (FA, LE).

LJ11

Thanks Striker!

My ass should have just taken Aziz yesterday, and made it easier for Daw. Instead I tried to take an LB that had just been taken, and a FS that wasn't rated as high as the top two guys which increased his search time.

I wanted Crusoe, who lasted until my 1st 2nd, but I had to go elsewhere because of the 1st round mistake. My receivers are ass, but to be honest I don't think it matters that much. Got lucky a bit yesterday, but this Maxwell guy has the jukes to take anything home.

DMczaf

No one cares about your players. I got a fucking punter with 99 Kicking Power

This league (and Lechler's All-Pro streak) is DONE!

I might just punt on my first play of the season JUST BECAUSE.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Tommy Mays (P, 3d round) has 97 KPW, 88 KAC, and A POT. He's also rated more highly than Rackers (who is decent) as a KOS, so he's handling both kickoffs and punts. I thought I'd need a good punter, and while Pennington was in there that was certainly the case. Franchise tag incoming.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:
:lol HOLY SHIT! Pennington has 64 THP!!
Oh my god it was so bad. Three-yard passes would just float forever; it's almost hard to describe how slow they were. It's like back in that Madden when the fatigue was broken so you could make guys move in slo-mo by audibling, except in this case they only things going in slo-mo were Pennington's passes. He hit a fucking o-linemen on three of his first four passes and threw INTs on two of the next five I believe.

I was lured by his high accuracy ratings (except for deep) but doesn't matter at all when the super dbs have three times as long to speed and muscle their way into picks. Switching to Leinart at the half was an amazing relief. I should have had faith--I'm sorry Matt!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Striker said:
I picked up Joe Nedney because FMT got his uber kicker. Matrix, feel free to sign old man Dawson!

haha thanks, anything is better than Brown.

Mrbob

These damn rooks tend to break the league.

Madden 11 it will be more beneficial for me to tank my first 3 years, stock up, and then go from there.

Rorschach

Smokey said:
Hey guys, what is the best Metal Gear Solid game in the series?
3 > 1 > 4 > VR Missions > 2

[edit] Yeah, maybe 4 goes on top of 1 since it's not "dated." But maybe you should start in order since MGS 1 is cheap!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LJ11 said:
Thanks Striker!

My ass should have just taken Aziz yesterday, and made it easier for Daw. Instead I tried to take an LB that had just been taken, and a FS that wasn't rated as high as the top two guys which increased his search time.

I wanted Crusoe, who lasted until my 1st 2nd, but I had to go elsewhere because of the 1st round mistake. My receivers are ass, but to be honest I don't think it matters that much. Got lucky a bit yesterday, but this Maxwell guy has the jukes to take anything home.

Did you try and get Crusoe before the 2nd round #12? I gotta find him some playing time, but he's fighting for 4th or 5th WR.

LJ11

Lonestar said:
Did you try and get Crusoe before the 2nd round #12? I gotta find him some playing time, but he's fighting for 4th or 5th WR.

After the top LBs went off the board my plan was:

QB/FS/LB/WR/LB and then start picking up guys I thought would fit in with what I was trying to do. Crusoe was there at #10 in the 2nd, but with a DT being chosen in the FS spot I decided to bypass the FS and go LB in the late first. Doubled up on LB in the second and took a FS in the back end of the 2nd. I did find another TE in the third (A Pot), so I can move some guys around/flex them out.

Rorschach

Code:
        21	Asomugha,  NnamdiCB	95
	90	Williams, Mario	RE	95
	28	McKelvin, LeodisCB      91
	59	Ryans, DeMeco	MLB	88
	91	Okoye, Amobi	DT	85	
	56	Cushing, Brian	LOLB	84	
	26	Coleman, Erik	SS	82	
	23	Robinson, Dunta	CB	81	
	53	Peterson, Mike	LOLB	80
:lol Dayuuuum

Plus Pos 90 rated LB... why didn't you add him?

Gonna be rough playing against you...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
24 Wilson, Adrian SS 96
92 Haynesworth, Albert DT 95
29 Rodgers-Cromartie, Dominique CB 95
28 Barkley, Will SS 94
58 Dansby, Karlos MLB 93
90 Dockett, Darnell LE 91
55 Suggs, Terrell ROLB 86
21 Rolle, Antrel FS 84
90 Pryce, Trevor LE 83
93 Campbell, Calais RE 83
39 Carr, Brandon CB 82
:D

7 Leinart, Matt QB 71
:/

daw840

Rorschach said:
Code:
        21	Asomugha,  NnamdiCB	95
	90	Williams, Mario	RE	95
	28	McKelvin, LeodisCB      91
	59	Ryans, DeMeco	MLB	88
	91	Okoye, Amobi	DT	85	
	56	Cushing, Brian	LOLB	84	
	26	Coleman, Erik	SS	82	
	23	Robinson, Dunta	CB	81	
	53	Peterson, Mike	LOLB	80
:lol Dayuuuum

Plus Pos 90 rated LB... why didn't you add him?

Gonna be rough playing against you...

Pos is a Viking!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
edit- nm

If I can't stop teams with my D, kill me.

LJ11

If I were Matrix I would think about playing Dunta at FS, maybe user him as well. You already have that rookie CB who has some pretty great numbers to play the nickel role. Regardless, you're stacked at CB.

Matrix

LJ11 said:
If I were Matrix I would think about playing Dunta at FS, maybe user him as well. You already have that rookie CB who has some pretty great numbers to play the nickel role. Regardless, you're stacked at CB.

Yea I have some stuff I have to do with my depth chart before I play the Jets tonight.

Lonestar

I'd have a good D, if my 2 fake OLB's would have progressed some...They've got some good stats though.

I'm going to have to go 5 wide on Matrix and Astro, though. And have Barclay, Robinson Crusoe, and Fake-Welker Edelman win the day!

My 1st round plan, was to pray one of those 3 LB's made it to me, preferrably Sonnier. Sadly, other people realized how good of an OLB he'd make (somewhere around an 83) I'd put him at OLB, and Move Feazell to DE opposite Barwin. Though Pierre Woods (76 OLB) makes a 85 DE of all things. Decent on PMW and FMW and good ACC and regular ole DE speed.

Matrix

Lonestar said:
I'm going to have to go 5 wide on Matrix and Astro, though. And have Barclay, Robinson Crusoe, and Fake-Welker Edelman win the day!

I'll counter that move with Bjoern getting HB tosses DM style!

Lonestar

Matrix said:
I'll counter that move with Bjoern getting HB tosses DM style!

Don't doubt me doing the same with MarcusLe Taylore'. Or just double HB him and Slaton all day.

haha, Robinson Crusoe is 6 years old

I wonder who holds the most fake players in the league? I've gotta be up there, I've got 20 Fake players.

Mrbob

Lets take bets for fun!

Jcut over/under 40 sacks for the regular season.

I'm interested to see if my slightly revamped oline can hold up better this year.

I'm taking the over. D-:

Top Bottom