• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Smokey said:
I got a shot alright. Shot right to the dome, b/c that's what I'm going for. I want nothing more to watch him get put on the green cart and removed from the field.

Everyones hating on the record breaker :(

Sounds like you would rather kill Bjoern than get a W. I hope you whiff on hit sticks, would make it even easier for him to tear you a new one again :)

LukeSmith

Matrix said:
Everyones hating on the record breaker :(

Sounds like you would rather kill Bjoern than get a W. I hope you whiff on hit sticks, would make it even easier for him to tear you a new one again :)

I hope he whiffs on the hit stick late in the game. I love it when that happens!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LukeSmith said:
I hope he whiffs on the hit stick late in the game. I love it when that happens!

:lol

Btw please don't run every down against the cpu Titans, pretend you're playing a real user controlled team. I'll be doing the same each game against them. I'd like our division to at least have some realism when we play the Titans.

Matrix

Your TE cheese has been going on since the dawn of time, Bjoern needs years to be able to be put in the same sentence as Oslen.

LukeSmith

Matrix said:

Btw please don't run every down against the cpu Titans, pretend you're playing a real user controlled team. I'll be doing the same each game against them. I'd like our division to at least have some realism when we play the Titans.

Oh I'm going to run every down when we play Matrix.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
Your TE cheese has been going on since the dawn of time, Bjoern needs years to be able to be put in the same sentence as Oslen.

If the Bears trade Olsen this offseason, I am tanking season 1 in Madden 11 to get the best TE in the draft.

Matrix

LukeSmith said:
Oh I'm going to run every down when we play Matrix.

That's fine and I'll throw to the flats all game.

Should be a good one!

Matrix

Mrbob said:
If the Bears trade Olsen this offseason, I am tanking season 1 in Madden 11 to get the best TE in the draft.

I really need to learn how to TE cheese with Daniels, my best weapon on O next to Jason Bjoern.

BigAT

Birdman02 said:
GG BigAT. I lost any momentum I had after that Sims-Walker TD when you returned the next kickoff to the 5 yd line. Special teams and defense couldn't make tackles when I needed it the most.

Still, I put myself in the hole with the stupid pick on an early screen pass. I saw your guy out there, but I thought Henne could put the ball on the inside of my RB instead of his outside shoulder.

GG. Sorry I didn't reply back sooner but I had company showing up just as we were finishing.

There were definitely some big plays that went both ways. It started off with my 78 yard TD, then your 74 yard TD which was immediately followed up by the 95 yard kickoff return. You were gashing my defense through the air pretty badly at times, but thankfully I had just enough of a lead that I was able to hang on.

Enough of this Bjoern nonsense, the true "Mason" MVP of the league is clearly Mason Crosby. 181 yards worth of field goals with a long of 50. Pretty short stuff by his own standards.

Matrix

BigAT said:
Enough of this Bjoern nonsense, the true "Mason" MVP of the league is clearly Mason Crosby. 181 yards worth of field goals with a long of 50. Pretty short stuff by his own standards.

neztd5.gif

Matrix

Thank you for making it even easier for us.

Matrix

ph33nix said:
now we need someone to go snap lj's fingers in half so the afc east is easier

just kidding

LJ could beat you with just his thumb.

I'm not kidding

Matrix

"Okoye, 25 attempts, 10 yards longest rush, 1 td and 103 total rushing yards.

Oh shit, cpu Titans run D is legit :(

Of course Manning lights it up again, things never change!

"and I don't see you around the 2k quarters anymore, big boy..."

I bought the game and hated it and got $35 for it. Wasn't going to wait around for them to patch it 50 times and it still be broken. I'll be forced to comeback next year since Wang left Live.

LukeSmith

Matrix said:
"Okoye, 25 attempts, 10 yards longest rush, 1 td and 103 total rushing yards.

Oh shit, cpu Titans run D is legit :(

Of course Manning lights it up again, things never change!

"and I don't see you around the 2k quarters anymore, big boy..."

I bought the game and hated it and got $35 for it. Wasn't going to wait around for them to patch it 50 times and it still be broken. I'll be forced to comeback next year since Wang left Live.

I gotta be careful now with all the rules in place. FMT trying to keep me down

Matrix

Also since you knocked out CJ for only 8 weeks that fucker will be back against me since I face the Titans at the end of the year...2 out of my last 4 games.

You always win.... :(

I'll just have to pray to the Madden gods that I at least split with you this season.

LukeSmith

Matrix said:
Also since you knocked out CJ for only 8 weeks that fucker will be back against me since I face the Titans at the end of the year...2 out of my last 4 games.

You always win.... :(

I'll just have to pray to the Madden gods that I at least split with you this season.

You will, you're a great player! You victimized me in our second game last year!

Matrix

LukeSmith said:
You will, you're a great player! You victimized me in our second game last year!

I now have one of the best D's and no offense to Denogg *He's a great player that just has bad luck*, but I gave up 31 points and didn't prove I could shut him down. I'm truly only as good as my cheesy HB and LB user picks take me.

Back in the day I could win in the air and that was always my favorite style of play. I can't get it done anymore and I'm one of the worst passers in the league now.

I have become my avatar.

Matrix

ph33nix said:
speaking of which he is a dolphin!

You so proud to have Grossman :lol

haha I won't Striker, but at least he can make close ones.

Nightz

Wow, so far 5 teams scored over 40 points, 10 teams over 30 points. Maybe Rors was right in going for offense this past offseason. :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LukeSmith said:
Welp, don't try to pitch a Titans owner on taking over for about 8 weeks. CJ's collarbone got snapped by Mack

You know, something very similar happened to CPU Steelers. Santonio Holmes snapped something, he's out 8 weeks too.

bluemax

Banned
Nightz said:
Wow, so far 5 teams scored over 40 points, 10 teams over 30 points. Maybe Rors was right in going for offense this past offseason. :lol

Like I said the drafts are way out of wack in terms of balance. If there was more top tier defensive players from draft one it wouldn't be so bad. But for every Sneed there are two LeRon's.

bluemax is right. it's not about "ratings" so much as it is about the nature of football videogames. take a 70 rated LB with a 90 speed. well yeah he's fast, but guess what? his awareness is awful, he can't cover in zones, and his tackling power is bad. even if you are controlling him, with his tackling rating low he's not going to be effective.

now take a look at a guy like bjoern. awful awareness and a million other categories he sucks dick in, but guess what? he's a 96 speed and a 99 trucking. it doesn't matter that his awareness is awful because YOU are controlling him by default if he touches the ball.

what they need to do next year is progress LB's on a curve based on the minutes played in a quarter. so if a "really good" game for an NFL lb is getting 12 tackles in a game, a "really good" game for our league should be 8 tackles and so on.

they really need to fix the progression system all over the place. i know it's "what does a rating matter? if the guy is effective for you he is effective, doesn't matter the rating!" and this is true but at the same time it is in our nature that we want to see some reward for our excellent play with our players. it's also not fair that there is kind of a "cap" on how much your guy can progress in one season. if a guy in the NFL had a season like bjoern did he would instantly be the #1 fantasy back in the league and considered to be a top player. but in our league, he goes up 2 points or whatever. hopefully next year they pay more attention to that stuff :(

Rorschach

Progression working properly might stop people from blowing up their teams too. There would be more ability to build through the draft or your existing players because you could just plug in the positions you need to rebuild. There's some of that now, but it's a crapshoot.

And yeah, stats should be based on league highs not what their stupid "simulations" come up with. No fucking way is anyone on here getting 150+ tackles with one player or 30+ pancakes.

bluemax

Banned
Yeah its frustrating because I was looking at corners in the draft and there was like 1 guy with an awareness of 80 and the rest were shit like 50 and 60.

And also yeah progression is broken, I think Lone has mentioned multiple times he has two relatively high draft pick LBers that are still in the 70s. How is that balanced when LeRon James has jumped 9 points overall?

I have 3 first round caliber players on my roster from the first draft, the two offensive guys went up 10 overall each. The defensive guy (a FS) 5 overall.

I honestly think we're gonna see a lot of out of control offense this season with the progression of all the first draft guys and the regression of existing players. LeRoy Hill was one of my better run stoppers and he dropped 5 overall, which is fine since he's old but the only way I am replacing him is if I get one of the top 3 LBers next year in the draft. And like I mentioned with my mock draft, almost every body has a fuck ton of 70 OVR LBers as starters. When half the league has 99 speed backs and LBers are all dumb as bricks, plus the already bad flats coverage == bad times.

Rorschach said:
Progression working properly might stop people from blowing up their teams too. There would be more ability to build through the draft or your existing players because you could just plug in the positions you need to rebuild. There's some of that now, but it's a crapshoot.

And yeah, stats should be based on league highs not what their stupid "simulations" come up with. No fucking way is anyone on here getting 150+ tackles with one player or 30+ pancakes.

Yeah I only have one guy from later than the second that I expect to be useful, and he's a fucking kicker. Third rounders and later almost useless except as situational players. And since they barely/don't develop they just get dumped.

I honestly think that if this went the full 10 seasons the offensive players would be so far beyond the defensive players that it wouldn't be fun unless you like Arena Football.

DCX

DCX
bluemax said:
Yeah its frustrating because I was looking at corners in the draft and there was like 1 guy with an awareness of 80 and the rest were shit like 50 and 60.

And also yeah progression is broken, I think Lone has mentioned multiple times he has two relatively high draft pick LBers that are still in the 70s. How is that balanced when LeRon James has jumped 9 points overall?

I have 3 first round caliber players on my roster from the first draft, the two offensive guys went up 10 overall each. The defensive guy (a FS) 5 overall.

I honestly think we're gonna see a lot of out of control offense this season with the progression of all the first draft guys and the regression of existing players. LeRoy Hill was one of my better run stoppers and he dropped 5 overall, which is fine since he's old but the only way I am replacing him is if I get one of the top 3 LBers next year in the draft. And like I mentioned with my mock draft, almost every body has a fuck ton of 70 OVR LBers as starters. When half the league has 99 speed backs and LBers are all dumb as bricks, plus the already bad flats coverage == bad times.

Yeah I only have one guy from later than the second that I expect to be useful, and he's a fucking kicker. Third rounders and later almost useless except as situational players. And since they barely/don't develop they just get dumped.

I honestly think that if this went the full 10 seasons the offensive players would be so far beyond the defensive players that it wouldn't be fun unless you like Arena Football.
Cards and Falcons Ds are stout. I agree with you with your points. It forced me to change everything about my base D to this new D i'm using.

Bjeron can be stopped. I played Matrix last season and won relatively big and he had like 25 carries for 120 yards. Now you say well DCX, that not containing, well it is when his longest run was 32 yards and he ran the ball even though he was down 20-30 :/ It was obvious he didn't care about trying to come back and win, just getting Mason his stats :)

DCX

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Would any of you be interested in playing in a second league with the latest roster update? I think we all can agree we could use more games to play.

DenogginizerOS

I created a league. Name is NeoGAF2. Password is "believe". I started sending out invites. I turned injuries off so we could all play with our best all the time. If you aren't interested, that is fine. I just want to see what it is like to play some of you again with realistic teams.

DCX

DCX
DenogginizerOS said:
I created a league. Name is NeoGAF2. Password is DieBjoern. I started sending out invites. I turned injuries off so we could all play with our best all the time. If you aren't interested, that is fine. I just want to see what it is like to play some of you again with realistic teams.
im game..

DCX

DenogginizerOS

DCX said:
im game..

DCX
Awesome! Welcome aboard.

To keep things simple, those that join get dibs on the team they currently use in league 1. However, if there is a vacated team in league 1 that someone is interested in, let me know and we can try to work something out if there is a dispute.

I need a West coaster that is interested in being a commish in case the league needs to advance late at night.

Lastly, if it gets confusing, I will start a second thread to schedule games and for trash talking.

I'm actually interested. I'll see what I can do when I return to my box in about a week.

Although if I started a 2nd league I'd prefer a fantasy draft but this is fine :lol

DenogginizerOS

ph33nix said:
I'm actually interested. I'll see what I can do when I return to my box in about a week.

Although if I started a 2nd league I'd prefer a fantasy draft but this is fine :lol
Sounds good. When will you be able to sign in and start?

LiveWire

DenogginizerOS said:
Would any of you be interested in playing in a second league with the latest roster update? I think we all can agree we could use more games to play.

I would. I'll sign in right now. If sable wants to join this league as the Skins, I will leave and rejoin as another team.

pheenix's suggestion of a fantasy draft is pretty interesting, might be fun. Either way, I'm in.

DCX

DCX
I'm picking a different team if Story wants the Falcons in league X he can have them. I don't which team i'll pick...ill let u know.

edit: where are the most current rosters located, i want to check teams out before i decide..

DCX

DenogginizerOS said:
Sounds good. When will you be able to sign in and start?

I don't get back to my xbox till next Sunday evening :(

and if anyone wants to do a fantasy draft league for shits and giggles I'm definitely down. doesn't need to be big or serious and if possible whoever joins, we should put all users in same division so we play against each other's creations as much!

fantasy.draft. I know a certain viacockcock that would be in.

Top Bottom