• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LukeSmith

BigAT said:
I think we should just...

29v48k.jpg

oh my :lol

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
Well, I'm here and available. I have been checking AIM off and on all day looking for him. Hopefullly he checks soon.
I doubt it will happen, but if Browns and Eagles get done along with your game you around for our week 2 tonight?

DCX

Mrbob

F my oline, they still can't create any holes for the run.

Adalius Thomas starts the year out with another INT. Best use of a first round pick trade for a player, I'd do it again 100000000000 times.

Striker

Mrbob said:
F my oline, they still can't create any holes for the run.

Anthony Thomas starts the year out with another INT. Best use of a first round pick trade for a player, I'd do it again 100000000000 times.
You miss the A-Train, don't you?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Astro if you are around tonight I would love to play. I missed your message on Saturday, only saw it last night as I was checking the score of the Striker/CB game.

I occasionally browse the OS forum because their discussion of the game can, at times, be very deep. I came across this "idea" and it's an evolution of something I discussed earlier (being able to identify defender locations) but it's something that would make the game a lot deeper. Take a read:

You know what'd be cool? Instead of slide protection we have an ability called "Identify the blitzer". If you think players are blitzing you can hit the button corresponding to the player(s) in the box. If you're wrong, the OL is prone to mistakes. If right, the players are picked up. This would dominate repetitive blitzes.

If you just called out blitzers all game and they didn't come, the game automatically keeps players in to block therefore limiting your pass options. So, if you identify 3 blitzers, your offense will keep 2 HB's or 1 HB 1 Te in to block.

Normally you could call out one blitzer without the playart changing. If you call more than 1, more playart changes. If you ID the wrong blitzer and 5 come, there's a chance your OL will screw up and fail to pick it up.

Zone blitzes could cause trouble, but maybe that's fair.

Just an idea. Something like this would mimic real life defenses throwing different players into blitzes in order to mess up OL blocking logic in real life. It could force more robust playcalling on defense.

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...eplace-slide-prodection-identify-blitzer.html

I think this would be a great next logical step and would add another level of pre-snap tactics. Every QB in the NFL identifies the "Mike" and the OL/TEs/RBs adjust accordingly, so it's in the game but not in the game. I'm a defensive minded guy, everyone knows I'd fuckin' blitz assistant coaches from the sideline if possible (they only have a max of 40 SPD so I don't), it'd be an awesome game of cat and mouse between the O and D.

With Drew Brees on the cover, why not?

This will never happen, by the way. :(

Is Drew Brees officially on the cover?

Also I've asked Wellie to sub for my week 2 game vs LJ. Couldn't get the game to woodchuck so our local Madden scientist shall cover for me.

LukeSmith

ph33nix said:
Is Drew Brees officially on the cover?

Also I've asked Wellie to sub for my week 2 game vs LJ. Couldn't get the game to woodchuck so our local Madden scientist shall cover for me.

Ha - pretty sure the CPU can sub your game against LJ. Shouldn't you be trying to get a sub like, on your skill level :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LukeSmith said:
Ha - pretty sure the CPU can sub your game against LJ. Shouldn't you be trying to get a sub like, on your skill level :lol

I'm sorry, I can't play his games, my games, AND participate in the Local Shriner's Club Parade, ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

Shriners.JPG

daw840

So yeah, not really sure what to do about our game. I guess Zep is out of power still? Anyone heard from him? Anyways, I will check this thread periodically throughout the day, I have to day off from work.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LukeSmith said:

snap.gif

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
CB3 said:
He hasnt been on AIM or Live in quite a while so i guess so.

Let daw play the CPU!
Let's get a sub yeah. I have no idea what Zep's skill level is so I guess someone of "medium" skill. I say get a sub b/c I play him next and I hate playing CPU (haven't done it yet in the league despite several opportunities!).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
AstroLad said:
Let's get a sub yeah. I have no idea what Zep's skill level is so I guess someone of "medium" skill. I say get a sub b/c I play him next and I hate playing CPU (haven't done it yet in the league despite several opportunities!).

My first thoughts was him abusing Ted Ginn Jr. screens when he played on Ohio State's team back in an old NCAA League...

But I think that was Shawnwhann :lol

Smokey

Don't worry pheeniks.

Luke has accomplished just as much as you have in the franchise (with a better team too), so don't let the pew pew pew's get you down !

Smokey

CB3 said:
Hows is feel mofucker.

Feels good because a mod basically said it wasn't true. You see, I can spoil you or fake spoil you every week on LOST if I want to, and you wouldn't know if I'm lying or not because you have to wait 3 hours to watch it. I could do it, and enjoy every single piece of it.

bluemax

Banned
Based on my scrim against Zep a few weeks ago Id say he's at least as good as pheeknicks. So someone around that level should fill in.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Smokey said:
Feels good because a mod said basically it wasn't true. You see, I can spoil you or fake spoil you every week on LOST if I want to, and you wouldn't know if I'm lying or not because you have to wait 3 hours to watch it. I could do it, and enjoy every single piece of it.

Or i could openly wonder why you seem to be losing games in 2k ever since the cheesy sliders were banned. hmm.

Smokey

CB3 said:
Or i could openly wonder why you seem to be losing games in 2k ever since the cheesy sliders were banned. hmm.

Or I could fact check you like I'm about to do now: I never used the coaching profile sliders beyond testing them out with kado and ecnal. Only sliders I've ever used are the ones that are allowable now. Also, when you're at the top people gun for you to bring you down..not that I expect you to know what that feels like in any sports game.

Top Bottom