• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Smokey

Matrix said:
Smokey, is Metro 2033 supposed to be really good? You gameflying that?

Yeah I'm GF it. Been getting 8 and 9s on the 360. I love GF. I've got the 4 game plan and have FF13, Bioshock 2, The Show, and Metro 2033 in a few days. I wouldn't be able to keep up with out it!

ph33nix said:
at least I'm not one who goes around telling people to buy games and then never plays it with them

Surely you're not talking about me? What game have I said to buy and I don't play?

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
god of war II is highly superior to GOW 1. i also agree with you on GOW 1. it starts off hot, simmers down quite a bit for quite a while, and then picks up again near the end (there are a couple bullcrap battles near the end though....)

GOW II starts off hot and STAYS hot throughout! tons of varied locales, crazy ass boss battles and plenty of them. perhaps the greatest action-adventure game of all time (in my opinion). there is nothing about GOW II that isn't highly superior to GOW 1.

Yea, I'm working through Pandora's Temple now, I imagine this is where I might throw the controller at the wall. :lol

Also, lol at the insane amount of tits and ass in this game. I thought it was just that one sex scene on the ship at the beginning. Holy shit :lol

PBY

Banned
soooo torn about what to buy... i can get one game, and im debating b/w

metro 2033
bf bc2
ffxiii
maybeee just cause

bleh

LiveWire

peterb0y said:

metro 2033 I heard some noise about this on PC, but eh....
bf bc2 fuck EA
ffxiii wiiaaboo
maybeee just cause I hear this is pretty awesome.

bleh

Just save your money for the next round of games. :D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i'm excited about gow3 because i'll be able to blitz through it in a reasonable amount of time and it'll be mostly quality start to finish. definitely not one of these people pining for a 30-hour adventure when i have bad company 2 to finish, dow2 chaos rising to play through and dragon age awakening next week :lol not to mention the league being back in full swing

Smokey said:
Yeah I'm GF it. Been getting 8 and 9s on the 360. I love GF. I've got the 4 game plan and have FF13, Bioshock 2, The Show, and Metro 2033 in a few days. I wouldn't be able to keep up with out it!

Surely you're not talking about me? What game have I said to buy and I don't play?

CB told me to buy burnout paradise, I spent a whole day and a half being stubborn and insisting they wouldn't play, I saw people playing after 3-4 days, and I decided to jump and buy it. and I have not played with ANYBODY since then.

blew 30 dollars. the last time I'm going to fucking listen to him when it comes to buying these games

perfect dark however is my own choice.

bluemax

Banned
Only buy games you want to play, not because people on GAF claim they'll play them with you. That's what I do.

I am bad, I upped my Gamefly to 3 games again just for GoW 3. Once it is done I'm avoiding new games for a few months.

bluemax said:
Only buy games you want to play, not because people on GAF claim they'll play them with you. That's what I do.

I am bad, I upped my Gamefly to 3 games again just for GoW 3. Once it is done I'm avoiding new games for a few months.

PAGING CB

Smokey

ph33nix said:
CB told me to buy burnout paradise, I spent a whole day and a half being stubborn and insisting they wouldn't play, I saw people playing after 3-4 days, and I decided to jump and buy it. and I have not played with ANYBODY since then.

blew 30 dollars. the last time I'm going to fucking listen to him when it comes to buying these games

perfect dark however is my own choice.

I'm sorry.

I could've told you about the Burnout thing. That's one reason I didn't drop 30 bones on it !

Smokey

peterb0y said:

metro 2033
bf bc2
ffxiii
maybeee just cause

bleh

metro 2033 - Only like 10 hrs long, I'd rent.
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - nobody cares about single player, MP is a beast and is worth it.
FF13 - 40-50 hr game. I'm only a few hours in so dunno how the game opens up after the first few.
Just Cause 2 - Sandbox game, but again it is SP only.

I'd go with Bad Company 2 just because the MP will last infinitely longer than the others on the list.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm maybe 13-15 hours into FFXIII. Sure, I've always been forgiving of games that GAF seems to love to hate, but I'm liking it so far. Even if it is on rails this whole time. But then again, I liked FFX, which was the same thing...makes sense, think that both games were made by the same crew.

ugh...feel bad now, we just lost the 2 AM hour here :( It's Insomnia time!

TheCrow

FrenchMovieTheme said:
just cause 2 demo sucked dick.

if you truly want an entertaining game then buy deadly premonition. you can thank me later!
w1a4j9.jpg

Rorschach

I warned you all about Burnout. GAF = fickle. No one will play a game more than 3 days. And now that everyone rents, it's more like 1 day.

LukeSmith said:
Hey DCX, release all of the dudes you just signed in League 2 you cheddarhead.

Amazing
:lol

bluemax

Banned
Lonestar said:
I'm maybe 13-15 hours into FFXIII. Sure, I've always been forgiving of games that GAF seems to love to hate, but I'm liking it so far. Even if it is on rails this whole time. But then again, I liked FFX, which was the same thing...makes sense, think that both games were made by the same crew.

ugh...feel bad now, we just lost the 2 AM hour here :( It's Insomnia time!

I don't think I started to dislike FFXIII until about the 20th hour mark or so.

Chapter 10 is where I completely lost interest in the game. This is also the chapter where the game finally opens up. Maybe I'm old and lazy and better served playing linear games.

TheCrow

GG Sable. Early on it showed how long its been since I played and how I shouldn't have played with no sleep. You were able to make big plays and that gave you a solid lead. Somewhat happy I was able to play but maybe the cpu would have given you a better opponent. :p Anyway I'm off to get a much needed nap.

TheCrow said:
GG Sable. Early on it showed how long its been since I played and how I shouldn't have played with no sleep. You were able to make big plays and that gave you a solid lead. Somewhat happy I was able to play but maybe the cpu would have given you a better opponent. :p Anyway I'm off to get a much needed nap.
Gg man my dline played ridiculously good and coverage was solid too. Got greedy on the one int but that's ok.

At first I didn't think we were going to be able to play as it kept getting instantly disconnected before we could even start. I'm not sure there's anything too it, but each time it disconnected like that I was trying to pick the away alternate jersey. I'm sure its just coincidence but still odd.

TheCrow

sableholic said:
Gg man my dline played ridiculously good and coverage was solid too. Got greedy on the one int but that's ok.

Yeah, I definitely felt some instant pressure. I noticed later that on that TD pass to Grimes my 3rd string CB was on him. :( And I was ready to give up after we couldn't even get a game set up but surprising it worked after I added you to my friends list. I'll just assume that had something to do with it. :p

Anyway, here's one of my few highlights
Thanks Luke :)

TheCrow said:
Yeah, I definitely felt some instant pressure. I noticed later that on that TD pass to Grimes my 3rd string CB was on him. :( And I was ready to give up after we couldn't even get a game set up but surprising it worked after I added you to my friends list. I'll just assume that had something to do with it. :p

Anyway, here's one of my few highlights
Thanks Luke :)
Yeah I sent you a friend request and set you as a preferred player, again no clue if that fixed it, but hey somehow the third time was the charm.

Also :( at reggie bush fumble.

Mrbob

Me and Sinistar haven't been home at the same time. Been trying to coordinate a game via aim. I'm not home during the day lately and he is gone at night.

We are tentatively scheduled to play at 5:30 est today. Cross your fingers.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i play zep next so that doesn't help me :lol

isn't cb playing his game tomorrow? i guess if zep plays by then it's alllll goood

Top Bottom