• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LukeSmith said:
It's still the Peyton Manning supershow. The Running Backs in Indy change, but Peyton remains constant (I give Okoye a season, maybe 2 as a Colt!)

I have a feeling I've got something similar going on. The Hair Brady show. Flip a coin if he'll throw 3 TD's and 0 INT's or just 6 INT's. Anything will probably happen.

Smokey

LiveWire said:
I'll fill in for Zep to play daw. I think Zep would approve. But regardless nothing we can do until DM/FMT get online.

BTW, eff God of War, shit is glitchy as all hell. I can understand if I was playing the PS2 version, but this is the damn updated collection. Why are there still bugs, especially ones that make the game impossible to continue to the next area?

Thankfully I got Heavy Rain today, now THAT is a game.

Oh I thought you were talking about GOW3. Can't speak about the collection. I played GOW1 and 2 on my OG PS3 60GB, so I was good to go.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LukeSmith said:
It's still the Peyton Manning supershow. The Running Backs in Indy change, but Peyton remains constant (I give Okoye a season, maybe 2 as a Colt!)

:lol

Bjoern for Okoye. I'm ready to begin cheesing with someone else.

DMczaf

2005_batman_begins_001.jpg

"Gentlemen..."

LiveWire

Smokey said:
Oh I thought you were talking about GOW3. Can't speak about the collection. I played GOW1 and 2 on my OG PS3 60GB, so I was good to go.

Yea, the collection. I had a greatest hits PS2 copy of GOW1 from my old job when I used to get all the free games I wanted, but figured I'd pick up the collection cause it was in 720p and (supposedly) all the game-breaking bugs were fixed. :(

I think Blizzard is the only dev anymore that can release games without bugs, and if they do get in there, they fix them quickly.

LiveWire

Nightz said:
Good man. Heavy Rain needs more love.

Definitely. Some really nice cinematography. The police station sequence with the FBI agent was phenomenal. I hope the plot isn't predictable
(meaning the father turns out to be the serial killer)
, it would be game of the year if it had a twist or ending in the vein of
Se7en or Saw or something

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
2005_batman_begins_001.jpg

"Gentlemen..."

superman5_f.jpg

"I'm always around"

I would have booted Zep sooner. You call yourself a hero Dm?

Nightz

Matrix said:
http://www.wired.com/news/images/full/superman5_f.jpg[img]
[/QUOTE]
He looks fat and ugly in that Superman outfit. He's just Shaw to me now. :lol

[quote=LiveWire]Definitely. Some really nice cinematography. The police station sequence with the FBI agent was phenomenal. I hope the plot isn't predictable (meaning the father turns out to be the serial killer), it would be game of the year if it had a twist or ending in the vein of Se7en or Saw or something.[/quote]
Without spoiling anything, I'm sure you'll be satisfied.

Lonestar

Matrix said:

Bjoern for Okoye. I'm ready to begin cheesing with someone else.

I gotta wonder if I'll ever learn how to run, or just figure out that my OLine sucks at run blocking. I've got my current team remade on the offline game, and I tried playing against Cleveland yesterday, for shits and giggles. They were a bitch to run against with Taylor, who should be up there with the likes of Bjeorn, Keller and the other LulBacks. I mean, I still had better results than trying to run with Fargas, Slaton, and all the previous other RB's I've had, but I figured it would have been LUL Vegas, and not UGHio.

Though, it always brings to mind, that I think the CPU Defense cheats. Like it knows when you're about to run or pass...

Matrix

Nightz said:
He looks fat and ugly in that Superman outfit. He's just Shaw to me now. :lol

Without spoiling anything, I'm sure you'll be satisfied.

Well he's not Superman anymore, so it makes it easier for you to view him as Shaw :lol First Superman to get fired.

Matrix

DMczaf said:

BatmanDead.jpg

What's Bats doing these days? His death couldn't inspire anyone other than his twink Robin.

Matrix

Lonestar said:
Though, it always brings to mind, that I think the CPU Defense cheats. Like it knows when you're about to run or pass...

haha which is why I don't actually want to play the cpu Titans twice and also why I think Luke didn't dominate with his cheese back.

Lonestar

Matrix said:
haha which is why I don't actually want to play the cpu Titans twice and also why I think Luke didn't dominate with his cheese back.

Yeah, for Taylor's 140ish yards against CPU Stealers, I didn't have alot of success outside the Wildcat.... Guess What I used mostly in the 2nd half...:lol

Also, as far as I can understand it...isn't Batman's death causing
billions of other deaths in this Blackest Night thing?

Matrix

Lonestar said:
Yeah, for Taylor's 140ish yards against CPU Stealers, I didn't have alot of success outside the Wildcat.... Guess What I used mostly in the 2nd half...:lol

I don't know if his death caused that, I'm waiting for the trades.

haha I don't even use the Wildcat, should be fun for Bjoern :\

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:

Lonestar what's your evening look like?

Lonestar

Matrix said:
I don't know if his death caused that, I'm waiting for the trades.

haha I don't even use the Wildcat, should be fun for Bjoern :\

The wildcat is a bit nerfed, with the whole HB delay added to direct snaps. Some random delay occurs, and sometimes it's glitches bad.

If it was working like befoe the patch, I'd have a field day. My team's loaded with Wildcat talent. If I set up my roster right, I'd have 3 or 4 WR's, 3 or 4 HB's that'd be insane for it. Then throw in Tribrow or Edelman (WR with 74/64 THP/THA) for passing :lol

Um, lets see Luke. I've got 24...though DVR'ing that, so that's not really a problem. Just gotta stop playing FFXIII. What time are you available to play?

LiveWire

Somnia, after daw and I play and the week advances can you get a game in before/after 24? I can DVR 24 if necessary and play during the 9-10 hour, just lemme know.

Matrix

LJ11 said:
Have to wait for Daw.

Edit: Zep definitely doesn't have power, tough weekend for a bunch of people.

Hell I lost phone service here in Manhattan for a whole day, I think it came in 2nd place in the record books of people trying to call 911 cause of the storm. The phones were overworked and a shit ton of people still don't have power.

Zep got fucked, but a storm will not stop this league!

I'm glad it's fucked Lone, I wouldn't want to see you have any success with Slaton :p

Lonestar

Matrix said:
I'm glad it's fucked Lone, I wouldn't want to see you have any success with Slaton :p

There's still success to be had. Sometimes the handoff or direct run happens smoothly, like nothing happened. It's just that it's more often fucked up, and will have a higher chance of being tackled in the backfield. It's like the "QB" keeps the ball and does a lunge move the other direction, before trying to reverse course.

Besides, I'm sure if I had huge success from running the wildcat 30 times, I'm sure someone will bring out the "Fake Punt" ammunition.

Smokey

LiveWire said:
Definitely. Some really nice cinematography. The police station sequence with the FBI agent was phenomenal. I hope the plot isn't predictable
(meaning the father turns out to be the serial killer)
, it would be game of the year if it had a twist or ending in the vein of
Se7en or Saw or something

Just keep playing. One of the best PS3 games.

There's something like 15+ endings too.

LJ11

I'll never forget the blackout in Northwestern Queens back in July of 06. One week without power in 90 degree heat, and Bloomberg played it off for two days as a minor inconvenience. Con Ed had no clue, his administration had no clue, thankfully someone drove his ass into Queens a couple of days later and they decided to do something about it.

Matrix

Lonestar said:
Besides, I'm sure if I had huge success from running the wildcat 30 times, I'm sure someone will bring out the "Fake Punt" ammunition.

I run with Bjoern 25-30 times a game, you do what you have to do to win. Follow the ways of CB and Bob. No mercy and cheddar cheese galore.

Mrbob

Amazon shipped out God of War 3, sexy time. I put a couple hours into FF13 last night after finishing Mass 2 Saturday, and yeah. FF13 combat system is cool, but good god the story is such garrrrrrrrrbage compared to Mass Effect 2(RPG of the year suck it Rors!)! It doesn't help a lot of voice acting is crap in FF13 as well. I remember why I don't play Japanese RPGs very often anymore. I'm hoping things pick up, it is jarring playing the two games back to back. I'll make sure to run through the game and give it a full shot.

Matrix said:
I run with Bjoern 25-30 times a game, you do what you have to do to win. Follow the ways of CB and Bob. No mercy and cheddar cheese galore.

What if I've decided to combine No Mercy and TE Cheese into one package for this season?

Greg Olsen is coming for you!

Smokey

bluemax said:
Cosigned. We have enough madden drama
that we don't need fuck the NBA drama too.

Couple hours late there.

CB3 said:
Thats not saying much...

ill gamefly it or get it used on the cheap at some point

Why do you dislike the PS3?

You haven't even played the majority of the system's exclusives (besides The Show).

bluemax said:
It's dogshit.

Fuck awful acting.

Fuck awful controls.

Fuck awful gameplay.

Fuck awful twist.

First game in a long time that I've had buyers remorse on.

It's like someone took the worst parts of shen mue and made them even more awful, heaped on some French pretension and then gave it and ending that M Night would find insulting.

Too bad you're wrong and the majority of people/reviewers disagree with you. Any ending you got is your own fault..there's like 15 of them or some crazy amount.

bluemax

Banned
Nightz said:
Good man. Heavy Rain needs more love.
It's dogshit.

Fuck awful acting.

Fuck awful controls.

Fuck awful gameplay.

Fuck awful twist.

First game in a long time that I've had buyers remorse on. And I bought an import copy of FFXIII.

It's like someone took the worst parts of shen mue and made them even more awful, heaped on some French pretension and then gave it an ending that M Night would find insulting.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Um, lets see Luke. I've got 24...though DVR'ing that, so that's not really a problem. Just gotta stop playing FFXIII. What time are you available to play?

I should be home with some luck by 8 or so (pacific)

Lonestar

Matrix said:

Don't you run "normally" as in regular old handoffs and tosses? I mean, it's always tempting to play strictly with HB Flat passes, and now I've got some extreme HB's to do it with. But I've always been a "Throw to the Receivers" guy. Haven't even TE Cheesed it much since Season 1.

Though, doing this, will lead to those 4-6 INT games, when trying to force it to someone that isn't always wide open, like HB's.

Ok, that's around 10 pm my Time, Luke. Should be enough time, as long as it's within an hour or so of that time.

Bob, about FFXIII Voice Acting....I don't know, it seems perfectly fine to me. Though, this is probably from me playing White knight Chronicles and Star Ocean 4 in the last few months.... SMH

Nightz

bluemax said:
It's dogshit.

Fuck awful acting.

Fuck awful controls.

Fuck awful gameplay.

Fuck awful twist.

First game in a long time that I've had buyers remorse on.

It's like someone took the worst parts of shen mue and made them even more awful, heaped on some French pretension and then gave it and ending that M Night would find insulting.
u+mad.jpg

Whatever floats your boat, my friend. I loved it though. I also stopped playing Mass Effect 2 in favor of White Knight Chronicles, and I'm enjoying FFXIII despite all the compaints. Soo...my tastes may be a little different. :D

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Amazon shipped out God of War 3, sexy time. I put a couple hours into FF13 last night after finishing Mass 2 Saturday, and yeah. FF13 combat system is cool, but good god the story is such garrrrrrrrrbage compared to Mass Effect 2(RPG of the year suck it Rors!)! It doesn't help a lot of voice acting is crap in FF13 as well. I remember why I don't play Japanese RPGs very often anymore. I'm hoping things pick up, it is jarring playing the two games back to back. I'll make sure to make it throgh the game and give it a full shot.

What if I've decided to combine No Mercy and TE Cheese into one package for this season?

Greg Olsen is coming for you!

haha I agree with with your comments about FF13 next to ME2. I do think Lighting has the best voice actor and I think she was in ME2. The combat system is addicting and making me play a lot.... the story is decent so far, only on chapter 5. That little girl vanilla ice cream or whatever needs to die.

My copy of GOW3 shipped as well from amazon ... only $23 and a future $10 credit *splooge*

Bjoern is coming for you Boobs, last time we played a sim you had to face Arian Foster.... scary!

Matrix

Lonestar said:
Don't you run "normally" as in regular old handoffs and tosses? I mean, it's always tempting to play strictly with HB Flat passes, and now I've got some extreme HB's to do it with. But I've always been a "Throw to the Receivers" guy. Haven't even TE Cheesed it much since Season 1..

Hardly ever toss, maybe two or three times a game. I'm all about regular old hand offs and the HB stretch. I don't throw to the flats and Bjoern doesn't have a great catch rating anyway. I don't even TE cheese yet, but I might since Daniels is my next best weapon on O after Bjoern.

Somnia

LiveWire said:
Somnia, after daw and I play and the week advances can you get a game in before/after 24? I can DVR 24 if necessary and play during the 9-10 hour, just lemme know.
I probably can't play till Wednesday. I am here till 1 am tonight and open tomorrow and then have an inventory prep after work tomorrow till 12-1am and then an inventory at 6am on Wednesday. On top of taut I have a 1 and a 1/2 hour drive back and forth each day.

Lonestar

Matrix said:
Hardly ever toss, maybe two or three times a game. I'm all about regular old hand offs and the HB stretch. I don't throw to the flats and Bjoern doesn't have a great catch rating anyway. I don't even TE cheese yet, but I might since Daniels is my next best weapon on O after Bjoern.

The HB stretch almost always ends in failure for me. Though, this is off of memory versus CPU Cheating. The DE/OLB on the end with a TE, almost always beats him off the edge, just as I get there.

Matrix

Lonestar said:
The HB stretch almost always ends in failure for me. Though, this is off of memory versus CPU Cheating. The DE/OLB on the end with a TE, almost always beats him off the edge, just as I get there.

I really don't play the cpu enough. I think all of maybe 5 times in practice and I recall struggling with HB stretch, though I easily had success with tosses and hb screens. I'm not looking forward to playing the Titans cpu, knowing my skills are now run based. Hopefully I will win with my D.

Matrix

peterb0y said:
who owns the steelers?

Calling it now, 1ST MADDEN VICTORY!

If anyone deserves one it's you.

Top Bottom