• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wellington said:
Sorry Lone. :(

Nah, there's more things to worry about, than having an 87,84 and 81 CB as your CB Squad.

Yeah, I know I gave up Meriweather, who's been so good for Denver. But looking at what my CB squad would be if I hadn't..

Well, Butler's Homegrown, so I'd still have the 87
Shawn Springs has seemingly retired.
Chris McCalister is still on the Texans (?) as a mid 70's CB with under 80 speed). This was who I got in the 1st FA period we did during season 1.
Leigh Bodden was, I think at the time, my #3 behind the other 2. He's a 70 CB.

So I lost Meriweather, but now have an improving 84 Chung and 80 Godfrey at Safety. Though I did make plea's to CK to work on a Welker trade to get either Webster or one of his Safeties, as well as pushed Bob to try and get Landry for the same. Gee, guess where those went!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Chris McCalister is still on the Texans (?) as a mid 70's CB with under 80 speed). This was who I got in the 1st FA period we did during season 1."

He's played pretty well for me :lol Better than Dunta last season if I recall.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Nah, there's more things to worry about, than having an 87,84 and 81 CB as your CB Squad.

Yeah, I know I gave up Meriweather, who's been so good for Denver. But looking at what my CB squad would be if I hadn't..

Well, Butler's Homegrown, so I'd still have the 87
Shawn Springs has seemingly retired.
Chris McCalister is still on the Texans (?) as a mid 70's CB with under 80 speed). This was who I got in the 1st FA period we did during season 1.
Leigh Bodden was, I think at the time, my #3 behind the other 2. He's a 70 CB.

So I lost Meriweather, but now have an improving 84 Chung and 80 Godfrey at Safety. Though I did make plea's to CK to work on a Welker trade to get either Webster or one of his Safeties, as well as pushed Bob to try and get Landry for the same. Gee, guess where those went!

I'm almost of the mind that a good safety is worth more than a good CB. Kelly and Phillips are instrumental for my run D schemes. Webster is too shutdown to give up tho.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
I'm almost of the mind that a good safety is worth more than a good CB. Kelly and Phillips are instrumental for my run D schemes. Webster is too shutdown to give up tho.

I tend to agree with you on the importance of safeties. But I like the inverted triangle: safeties and a beast MLB as the heart of a D

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
Not for nothing, but you were the weakest NFC East player I faced last season. Non existent passing game, at least Live took some shots and put up some points. Bubububu manual DL.
jpzqki.jpg

Striker

Smokey said:
Somebody bought Pokemon? If you're over the age of 13 I don't think that is acceptable.

STRIKER

get at me
Hey I just got in. I'm going to make something to eat and then I have to get ready for bed; must be up early tomorrow. I will be available for most of tomorrow, aside from trying to get my taxes finished. -_-

BigAT

Lonestar said:
Could someone get big at to drop my fucking uber TE from his team. I need more Kleinsasser!
He's been dropped.

Old man Donald Lee went down for the next 11 weeks and I needed a new #2 TE. I assumed that anyone who had access to the god that is KLEINSASSER surely would have grabbed him in week 1.

Smokey

Striker said:
Hey I just got in. I'm going to make something to eat and then I have to get ready for bed; must be up early tomorrow. I will be available for most of tomorrow, aside from trying to get my taxes finished. -_-

god damnit

LOST tomorrow and God of War 3 tomorrow

Mrbob

What a day it will be.

I'm struggling right now to play FF13. I think this game will get put on hold to finish out the Kratos saga.

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:
You're winning though!

Its tied and he keeps throwing to Keller in the flats. Ive called defenses for it and he still burns me.

He's afraid Ill pick English off if he throws it to anyone else.

Lonestar

Man, sometimes you're just going to be shit. Industry has some super safety's, and running up the middle for me is a joke.

Just another "too little, too late" story.

LukeSmith

bluemax said:
Its tied and he keeps throwing to Keller in the flats. Ive called defenses for it and he still burns me.

He's afraid Ill pick English off if he throws it to anyone else.

You have LeRon James, pass to the King in the flats!

Lonestar said:
Man, sometimes you're just going to be shit. Industry has some super safety's, and running up the middle for me is a joke.

Just another "too little, too late" story.

gg Lone, you bottled up the Nigerian Nightmare!
I love my safeties <3

Lonestar

I should have just thrown more. Though Brady can be so damn inaccurate at times.

Why did he over throw Welker that one time, how could he miss that HB in the flat...

DMczaf

(9:51:42 PM) mrbob2k1: i love how blue max talks during games
(9:51:47 PM) mrbob2k1: hahahah
(9:51:51 PM) dmczafx23: i love how bluemax plays his games
(9:51:56 PM) mrbob2k1: Umad

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol

This league has gone to awesome levels the last couple of nights. Who would have thought week 2 of season 4 the drama would be so high.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DMczaf said:
(9:51:42 PM) mrbob2k1: i love how blue max talks during games
(9:51:47 PM) mrbob2k1: hahahah
(9:51:51 PM) dmczafx23: i love how bluemax plays his games
(9:51:56 PM) mrbob2k1: Umad

15nmwaw.gif

Matrix

Luke is saving Okoye for the Texans game. Holding back that 200 yard rushing game for me :(

Lonestar

I'm totally pinning the loss on BigAT, for taking my God of TE's before I could sign on. I also blame whoever had him in the first place, for not being around on draft day to drop him. Screw the both of yer.

It's shocking to find out, that I never noticed that Watson has the blocking ability of a Running Back. Stoooooooopid stoopid. Kleinwaaaaaaassup has an average blocking ability of a Steroid Infested Brute.

KLEISNSERSIZED-1.jpg

YOU'VE BEEN KLEINSASSENED

bluemax

Banned
Don't hate Bob.

Anywho good game FMT! I admit I got annoyed at Keller, fuck he is bullshit. I guess I know how everyone feels about LeRon now. I can't believe FMT got him for free.

Difference in the game was a goal line stop at the end of the first half! Huzzah!

I am going to get my shit pounded in by LJ.

a gg completely ruined by bluemax being probably the biggest bitch i've ever played. seriously dude, you acted like a fucking douchebag.

here is what happened: game starts, he scores a TD. i get the ball, get a good KR, score a td with vernon davis because bluemax just blitzed everyone. he goes and scores again on a bullcrap screen pass i sniffed out but whatever. so i get the ball again, he is still blitzing his lb's. i start calling PA passes and threw a couple passes to keller. he pauses and says "seriously?" next play is a busted play, can't find anyone open, i scramble left and get a miracle catch by keller 20 yards downfield. he pauses and says "fuck you"

are you serious dude? i throw 4 times to keller basically all game, including two not designed for him, and you're acting like a bitch about it? meanwhile you threw predictable screens to leron that i knew were coming but it's leron being leron.

on top of that, all you do is throw crossing patterns. houshmanzada has 1 catch because you just throw to your slot receiver, or your lineup in 4 wide and run a double cross and wait for one to break open.

i know part of this is the game being the game but don't pause the fucking game, waste my time, and get sand in your vagina over something THAT WOULD HAPPEN EVEN IF MY RB WASN'T A 99 SPEED! you're blitzing your LB's and leaving 1 lb in the zone on the outside, all i have to do is wait for him to clear! no cb on that side so what do you think will happen?

anyhow, aside from that it was actually a good game. but you can go eat a bag of dicks for that stunt you pulled. ridiculous

Mrbob

Haha I didn't even notice he was cut.

I bet FMT tampered to get Keller too. People send him cuts, he knows how much he has to cut to get one of the top FA picks.

Damn it now I got 5 cheese games this season.

Freeballin, Bjoern, Okoye, LeRon, and now Keller. Smh.

Matrix

I will say one thing, that was pretty rude in the middle of the game to talk shit about FMT. You really need to cool with the in game forum comments Blue.

*Now back to watching our fight of the night*

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
a gg completely ruined by bluemax being probably the biggest bitch i've ever played. seriously dude, you acted like a fucking douchebag.

here is what happened: game starts, he scores a TD. i get the ball, get a good KR, score a td with vernon davis because bluemax just blitzed everyone. he goes and scores again on a bullcrap screen pass i sniffed out but whatever. so i get the ball again, he is still blitzing his lb's. i start calling PA passes and threw a couple passes to keller. he pauses and says "seriously?" next play is a busted play, can't find anyone open, i scramble left and get a miracle catch by keller 20 yards downfield. he pauses and says "fuck you"

are you serious dude? i throw 4 times to keller basically all game, including two not designed for him, and you're acting like a bitch about it? meanwhile you threw predictable screens to leron that i knew were coming but it's leron being leron.

on top of that, all you do is throw crossing patterns. houshmanzada has 1 catch because you just throw to your slot receiver, or your lineup in 4 wide and run a double cross and wait for one to break open.

i know part of this is the game being the game but don't pause the fucking game, waste my time, and get sand in your vagina over something THAT WOULD HAPPEN EVEN IF MY RB WASN'T A 99 SPEED! you're blitzing your LB's and leaving 1 lb in the zone on the outside, all i have to do is wait for him to clear! no cb on that side so what do you think will happen?

anyhow, aside from that it was actually a good game. but you can go eat a bag of dicks for that stunt you pulled. ridiculous

Sorry but from where I was it looked like you were deliberately throwing to Keller, and considering his stat line from your first game I wasn't gonna sit there and take it all game. To your credit you didn't throw too him much after that and you still moved the ball just fine. Why not respond to my messages then? Im not unreasonable.

As for my receivers I threw it to Perry a bunch and he was lined up outside most of the game. His first catch he was on the right side against your #1 corner and still caught it for 28 yards. My 2-4 receivers all have better speed and other ratings than Housh so why wouldn't I throw to them?

I'll cop to going to the well too many times on the crosses, its an old bad habit of playcalling that Ive been trying to break myself of, witness the first pass of the game where again Perry was on the outside. I really am making a concerted effort to throw to him a lot and to use him on the outisde, particularly because I lost so many games because I went over the middle too much.

Matrix said:
I will say one thing, that was pretty rude in the middle of the game to talk shit about FMT. You really need to cool with the in game forum comments Blue.

*Now back to watching our fight of the night*

Youre right it was. I wasnt going to do it but when I feel like Im getting cheesed by the one guy in the league who is supposed to be above dirty tactics what am I supposed to do? I wanted there to be record of it.

Ill continue to work on not posting during games, thats all I can say. Its hard sometimes.

Matrix

Mrbob said:

Bob stfu, you have cheesed with TE's for years and I don't care if they are "real" players. That's Madden's broken system that you take advantage of.

You invented league cheese.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mrbob said:
Haha I didn't even notice he was cut.

I bet FMT tampered to get Keller too. People send him cuts, he knows how much he has to cut to get one of the top FA picks.

Thats right. Keep looking ahead.

Lonestar

Ok guys, I need lessons on how to correctly use Cheesebacks. I just don't have that skill set.

That, or anyone want to trade a good Guard or Center for Welker!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i hate qb being thrown down and zinging a bullet 20 yards cheese. several gamebreaker plays like that in our game. livewire i think you were inviting sacks on purpose because you knew your qb accuracy would shoot up while being thrown down or with a guy in his face

had to be said

2zyl6c0.gif

bluemax said:
Sorry but from where I was it looked like you were deliberately throwing to Keller, and considering his stat line from your first game I wasn't gonna sit there and take it all game. To your credit you didn't throw too him much after that and you still moved the ball just fine. Why not respond to my messages then? Im not unreasonable.

As for my receivers I threw it to Perry a bunch and he was lined up outside most of the game. His first catch he was on the right side against your #1 corner and still caught it for 28 yards. My 2-4 receivers all have better speed and other ratings than Housh so why wouldn't I throw to them?

I'll cop to going to the well too many times on the crosses, its an old bad habit of playcalling that Ive been trying to break myself of, witness the first pass of the game where again Perry was on the outside. I really am making a concerted effort to throw to him a lot and to use him on the outisde, particularly because I lost so many games because I went over the middle too much.

dude i'm not going to sit on XBL and type with a controller "hey what's your problem man? let me play the fucking game." i don't need to throw to keller to score points and i dont need to run the ball with him. i ran the ball more with gore. but if people are going to stack the line and blitz, guess what? i'm going to call play action and throw to a wide open RB. if you don't want him thrown to then don't blitz the house. coincidentally, your all out blitzing stopped and magically keller/the rest of my rb's don't get any looks!

as i said, it was a good game, but i cannot fucking stand when people pause the game to type out a message. i would be annoyed even if the message was "hey good play!" but you calling me out on the fucking 2nd drive of the game!? come on dude, do people pause the game everytime you throw a leron screen pass and call you out on it? i doubt it, but that is much worse than me calling a PA pass where you blitzed a LB and left keller open.

bluemax

Banned
Actually Im going to do something I rarely do here and apologize.

FMT I'm sorry for one calling you out like that both publically and in the game, I was angered by what looked like a slight but in retrospect probably wasn't. I am not as good at this game as you and since I had some momentum going I didnt want to feel like I lost on an exploit to an already admittedly superior opponent. I guess I hold you to a higher standard of play and that set me off moreso than normal. Even so it is no excuse for my action and considering how well contested the match ended up I hate that either of us has to come away feeling disrespect or disrespected by the other player. I hope we can put this behind us and that our second game this season will be incident free.

Sincerely

bluemax.

Matrix

"but if people are going to stack the line and blitz, guess what? i'm going to call play action and throw to a wide open RB. if you don't want him thrown to then don't blitz the house. coincidentally, your all out blitzing stopped and magically keller/the rest of my rb's don't get any looks!"

Anytime I did that to Denogg he would burn me with Green and I deserved it. I don't see why there is anything to complain about if that's what Bluemax was doing.

Matrix

Bob goes silent, got a TE's ass cheese stuck in your mouth after that comment?

Top Bottom