• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Let's save ours for the playoffs when you run up the score on me.
rwryht.jpg

I don't know who I'll have to sit when I run up the score next, Okoye or Girley!

So many choices!

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:
I don't know who I'll have to sit when I run up the score next, Okoye or Girley!

So many choices!

You should sit Manning in our game...I'm sure you'll run up the score on someone before we play!!

LukeSmith

Birdman02 said:
You should sit Manning in our game...I'm sure you'll run up the score on someone before we play!!

Rhett Bomar in a Colts jersey has almost a 158.3 passer rating in two seasons. Dude is a beast!

Ramirez

Nightz said:
How's little Ram doing?

He's doing good at the moment, I don't think we'll start to see any real problems until he gets older, at least that's what the docs have told us. Although we do have to feed him a pill with applesauce at every feed, that's a little different for newborns, heh.

PBY

Banned
Ramirez said:
He's doing good at the moment, I don't think we'll start to see any real problems until he gets older, at least that's what the docs have told us. Although we do have to feed him a pill with applesauce at every feed, that's a little different for newborns, heh.
good to hear man.... ill keep the little guy in my thoughts, hope everything continues to work out

Nightz

Ramirez said:
Glad he's doing well. We may all just be random strangers on the internet (except Luke, he's a celebrity), but you know MaddenGAF is rooting for your family. :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Glad to hear he's back home and comfortable Ramirez. Have you acquired his first Steelers paraphernalia yet? :)
Probably not, but he could probably kick all of our asses in Halo 3 right now. :/

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Glad to hear the little guy is doing better, hang in there Ram.

Birdman, just to remind you I'll be free at 10 pm est after Lost if you still want to play tonight.

Birdman02

Glad to hear your little guy is doing ok, Ramirez. We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

Matrix said:
Glad to hear the little guy is doing better, hang in there Ram.

Birdman, just to remind you I'll be free at 10 pm est after Lost if you still want to play tonight.

I should be good to go at 10.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
K sounds good.

If my D doesn't show any improvement I'm going to cry :lol Our last game was madness.

Wellington said:
GG last night LJ. The Dolphins are a fun team to use but with some glaring weaknesses which we discussed.

In hindsight (of course, 20-20) there are a lot of things I should have done differently. Mainly I should have put Gibril Wilson in as my cover safety instead of Channing Crowder. Instantly better speed and coverage, without giving up too much pursuit. It would not have helped too much tho, Nelson has some good speed. Also, as discussed, I should have run all day. The combo of Brown and Addai was doing well, except that the OL was bad and I had to spread you out to run effectively. I was running for my life all game with James. God bless the elite Giants OL.

When all else fails in terms of building a team, if their real life counterpart is effective, the team owner should try and build the team like they are IRL. The Dolphins focus on defensive play on the running game. With a strong OL and better LBs, Pheeniks, you'd do much better for yourself. Unfortunately this is already season 4. I understand the moves you made to get some of the toys, but it cost you in the trenches. I sent a PM with some suggestions!

I won't be able to sub for Pheeniks next "week" as I'll be away until Monday.... unless you guys want to wait for me (which you have to anyway for my game against DCX!)

Firstly I'm glad things are better for you Ramirez. Keep us updated!

And yeah, my drafts in hindsight weren't good...except the selections of Kelly and Twan. I drafted Clay Matthews and Will Johnson after the first season (MLB and ROLB both rated 80 now) who have decent coverage and pursuit/tackle stats, but they are so insanely slow that it doesn't mean anything so they're terrible. When the game selected Javon Jackson for me in that draft as well that really fucked me over because he's an LT who has had no improvement because I've stuck him at RT since I have Jake Long. That was an extremely valuable pick in the first round that could have been used on another important player. I've drafted mostly defense but the guys who could have been a part of my core rotation are not because they are slow as fuck and not playing anymore. Blah

It has been a rough rookie year. If I come back for Madden 11 I will have a year of valuable experience under my belt!

LJ11

pheenix brings up a good point, seems that if you play a guy out of position he doesn't go anywhere in the ratings department even if he's solid performer. That's my observations anyway.

DCX

DCX
LJ11 said:
pheenix brings up a good point, seems that if you play a guy out of position he doesn't go anywhere in the ratings department even if he's solid performer. That's my observations anyway.
Even if they produce? Thats going to suck for me as i have a few dudes playing out of position :(

DCX

LJ11

DCX said:
Even if they produce? Thats going to suck for me as i have a few dudes playing out of position :(

DCX

EA has Whitner listed as a FS, but he plays both and is rated higher at SS, so I play him at SS. Whitner's ratings have been going down every single season even though he's a solid contributor. I played Sidbury out of position (LE instead or RE), and he went down after a 10 sack season.

Small sample size, it's just my observation, others should chime in as well.

LJ11 said:

I played a rookie FS at SS last year and he went up quite a bit of points

LiveWire

LJ11 said:
EA has Whitner listed as a FS, but he plays both and is rated higher at SS, so I play him at SS. Whitner's ratings have been going down every single season even though he's a solid contributor. I played Sidbury out of position (LE instead or RE), and he went down after a 10 sack season.

Small sample size, it's just my observation, others should chime in as well.

I played Harrison Turner (MLB) out of position at ROLB all of last season, and he went up 3 points. Perhaps he might have gone up more had he played at MLB, but I doubt it.

Nightz

Since I have Andre Smith at RT, I had to move Anthony Collins around. He's played both LT and RG and he's gone from a 79 to an 86 in two seasons.

LJ11

Good to hear, because I'm playing a shitload of guys out of position this year. My past experience hasn't been that great.

Edit: I need to up my progression skills or something, I need tips fellas!!!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Akeem Jordan is listed as a weak side backer but I play him in the middle. He still progressed

Striker

I have played my 2010 2nd rounder Chris Grant, RT, at RT in Season 2, and has been at RG in Season 3 and Season 4. He has yet to move up or move down a point. Still in tact at 80.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I disagree with you guys, LJ and Pheeniks.

I had Kenny Phillips (FS) at SS all season last year and he went up to an 89 this offseason.

Further, I play Will Beatty, a natural LT, at RT, and he has gone from 76 to 86 from year 2 when he started.

However, I played Clint Sintim (OLB) at DE and he lost points overall to things like SPD, PMV, FMV, BSH, etc. I also had several OTs play TE for me in certain situations and I don't think they budged statwise, I'll double check when I get home.

I think that it's a case of, again, zero rhyme or reason to the progression system.

I hope EA is not stupid enough to nerf guys for this as it happens a lot in the NFL. Dave Diehl played Guard for most of his career and is a pretty decent Tackle for us now IRL. But.... Robert Gallery is a natural T and had to play inside for a few years with the Raiders and he sucks. :( Thomas Davis is another good example.

BTW, I wanted Gallery more than Eli in the '04 draft. Thanks Raiders, bullet avoided!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Lonestar said:
I did love this play though, when I finally broke the 0 off the board

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17959288

Welker breaks off a Bob Sander's tackle, then out of a Freeney, Safety guy, and Hayden Tackle Gangbang, and follows it up with another miss tackle by Sanders.

Ends with a 3 yard celebration and Freeney giving up in disgust.

I'm still enjoying the memory of this play, way too much. It's help me get through this work day, and the waiting until I can play GOW 3 and watch Lost.

Noticed that Barclay's wearing the full length sleeves, but everyone else manned up and went with the no sleeves in this brisk early september weather *(2nd game would be in September, right?)

daw840

I should have fucking stayed out of this god damn league. It's turned into who has the better fantasy back and who can cheese better than everyone else.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
But.... Robert Gallery is a natural T and had to play inside for a few years with the Raiders and he sucks. :( Thomas Davis is another good example.
The fuck? No he doesn't. He's been our best OL player by far at guard. And he's even avoided the Raider downgrade by Donny because he's been so good.

Lonestar said:
Acronym hunt: 1 DL??
1 defensive lineman. DCX is probably running 1-5-5 all game. :lol

daw840

Fuck this. I'm done. 1-5-5 bullshit or whatever the fuck it is. Fuck it. I'm out. You guys have fun with your bullshit league where no one gives a shit anymore. No one cares about actually playing a game, just winning. I'm out. Don't know why I ever thought about continuing.

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
You know what. Fuck this 1 DL bullshit run on EVERY FUCKING PLAY.
I made it no secret i was running a 1-5-5. Run me out of it. Pass me out of it. Jesus you passed for close to 200 yds with Edwards and 50 at half with AP. Don't fumble, and don't throw ints..jesus who has a sandy vagina now...i'm playing this shit out too..fuck it.

DCX

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
Fuck this. I'm done. 1-5-5 bullshit or whatever the fuck it is. Fuck it. I'm out. You guys have fun with your bullshit league where no one gives a shit anymore. No one cares about actually playing a game, just winning. I'm out. Don't know why I ever thought about continuing.
YES!!! Luke i got one!

DCX

daw840

DCX said:
I made it no secret i was running a 1-5-5. Run me out of it. Pass me out of it. Jesus you passed for close to 200 yds with Edwards and 50 at half with AP. Don't fumble, and don't throw ints..jesus who has a sandy vagina now...i'm playing this shit out too..fuck it.

DCX

DO it, I don't give a fuck. Have fun with it! Have BLAST! Injure AP and Edwards! It will be great!

Furthermore, you had fucking 140 yards with whoever the fuck your fantasy back is with 5 attempts. Retarded. You need 3rd and 5?? Flats pass to Hightower, got it. You need 75 yards with 15 seconds to go?!? No problem, screen pass to the WR and just run it in. Fuck it.

TheCrow

daw840 said:
:(

We've only just begun week 2.

Edit: What is going on??? o_O

daw840

DCX said:
Harvin scored on the 1-5-5, CPU better than Daw confirmed...

DCX

Fuck you man. Just fuck off. This is the bullshit I can't fucking stand about this league. SO fucking what? I suck. That make you happy? Penis feel just a little bigger now? I mean, you with that big throbbing foot long must feell like a big manly man

Top Bottom