• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

bluemax said:
Actually Im going to do something I rarely do here and apologize.

FMT I'm sorry for one calling you out like that both publically and in the game, I was angered by what looked like a slight but in retrospect probably wasn't. I am not as good at this game as you and since I had some momentum going I didnt want to feel like I lost on an exploit to an already admittedly superior opponent. I guess I hold you to a higher standard of play and that set me off moreso than normal. Even so it is no excuse for my action and considering how well contested the match ended up I hate that either of us has to come away feeling disrespect or disrespected by the other player. I hope we can put this behind us and that our second game this season will be incident free.

Sincerely

bluemax.

oh i can't stay mad at you my nfc west brother! apology accepted!

group-hug.jpg

also, i haven't been able to attempt a FG yet this season. all my drives end in TD's or int's :( my kicker is a black dude with dreads

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You won't get your Coldblooded status back that way.

Please try again.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
to be fair, YES there was some leinart cheese in the game. but leinart cheese is like a 3 compared to that near-sack bullshit which is like a 10. so where did those extra seven cheese points go?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
Damn, Matrix. Simmer down. :lol

Ive just had enough of the Bjoern comments :\ Coming from Bob it's just maddening.

I say I won't use him and I'm called a pussy, I use him and it's called cheese.

Mrbob

:lol Matrix gets so angry so easily.

Oh and thanks for the new avatar Astro! One of the teams with a cheese ball player should take it but its too awesome to let someone else have it!

Matrix

CB3 said:
psh. Id shove that football straight up Bjoerns ass

I don't want to read about your fantasies.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
:lol Matrix gets so angry so easily.

Only you truly know how to push my buttons, must be a Cubs fan thing.

bluemax

Banned
After taking a couple more minutes to think about it, and to go outside, I've decided it is in my best and the leagues best interest if I cease posting in the league thread. I've shown a decided lack of will power in my posting and I am not at all pleased with the persona I've carved out for myself. I think that I mostly show a lot of the negative sides of who I am as a person and that just isn't how I want to be known. Since I have had such trouble controlling this I think distancing myself might be the best idea. If I am unable to maintain this then I will simply walk away from the league. I can't keep letting myself get angry at other people over a game, its bad for my emotional well being.

To my remaining opponents, you can reach me via AIM or PM, I think I've shown a track record of being easy to reach and reliable at completing my games so hopefully this isn't an issue.

Thanks to everyone, and I look forward to completing the rest of this season peacefully.

Matrix said:
"but if people are going to stack the line and blitz, guess what? i'm going to call play action and throw to a wide open RB. if you don't want him thrown to then don't blitz the house. coincidentally, your all out blitzing stopped and magically keller/the rest of my rb's don't get any looks!"

Anytime I did that to Denogg he would burn me with Green and I deserved it. I don't see why there is anything to complain about if that's what Bluemax was doing.

Matrix you're the best, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. I wish I had you sitting on my shoulder during games, it would save me a lot of trouble.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Pft please. Negativity is what makes this league fun. Like saying "Pheeknicks is fucking terrible" or "Halo ODST was a god damn expansion priced at 60 bucks Luke"

See what you did FMT! You drove another away you fuck.

Smokey

bluemax said:
After taking a couple more minutes to think about it, and to go outside, I've decided it is in my best and the leagues best interest if I cease posting in the league thread. I've shown a decided lack of will power in my posting and I am not at all pleased with the persona I've carved out for myself. I think that I mostly show a lot of the negative sides of who I am as a person and that just isn't how I want to be known. Since I have had such trouble controlling this I think distancing myself might be the best idea. If I am unable to maintain this then I will simply walk away from the league. I can't keep letting myself get angry at other people over a game, its bad for my emotional well being.

To my remaining opponents, you can reach me via AIM or PM, I think I've shown a track record of being easy to reach and reliable at completing my games so hopefully this isn't an issue.

Thanks to everyone, and I look forward to completing the rest of this season peacefully.

Matrix you're the best, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. I wish I had you sitting on my shoulder during games, it would save me a lot of trouble.

Oh god.

You don't have to stop posting in the thread, just stop bitching during games that's all people are asking for. Turn your damn computer off when you're playing and when it's over breathe a bit before coming on here (or not your choice) and posting. Nobody said stop posting just stop saying emo shit during games.

You're getting all dramatic over nothing.

PBY

Banned
bluemax said:

theres a middle ground between not posting at all and posting during games, no?

edit: ^beaten by smokey- i guess i just meant that this thread is at its best when there are a lot of ppl posting, and you leaving this thread doesn't help it or the league

Matrix

bluemax said:

haha can't tell if that's sarcasm. I'm more like you Bluemax than you think.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Ive just had enough of the Bjoern comments :\ Coming from Bob it's just maddening.

I say I won't use him and I'm called a pussy, I use him and it's called cheese.
Bjoern is just picked on because he broke all the league records last season. Partly because you had no defense and had the opportunity to use him a lot without holding him back and partly because you're already a good runner who was now given a beastly weapon. I think he's just the face of the rookies. Before it was LeBron/Keller and now it's Bjoern. Next would be Okoye if Luke ever ran the ball. ;)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CB3 said:
Pft please. Negativity is what makes this league fun. Like saying "Pheeknicks is fucking terrible" or "Halo ODST was a god damn expansion priced at 60 bucks Luke"

See what you did FMT! You drove another away you fuck.

I've always wanted to type out something like what Bluemax just did. I'm totally not, in real life, the strange asshole I've acted like in the past.

I'm soooo much worse.

4f22_khlav_kalash.jpg

Eat a bunch of Krav Kalash, GAF!

So no one is going to point to the Win Button on the Cheeseback I wasted a 1st round pick on??? Well Ass...

Matrix

Rorschach said:
Bjoern is just picked on because he broke all the league records last season. Partly because you had no defense and had the opportunity to use him a lot without holding him back and partly because you're already a good runner who was now given a beastly weapon. I think he's just the face of the rookies. Before it was LeBron/Keller and now it's Bjoern. Next would be Okoye if Luke ever ran the ball. ;)

Difference between Luke and I is if he ever does get Okoye into beast mode he won't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks.

I need more of that type of personality :lol

Lonestar

Rorschach said:

Oh, he ran with him alright. I'd would add the words "Tried to" but kinda doesn't fit with the fact I still lost the game. He did eek out a critical 3rd down conversion, I believe, twice.

The game just was not a showcase for the top 2 new RB's in the league.

I did love this play though, when I finally broke the 0 off the board

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17959288

Welker breaks off a Bob Sander's tackle, then out of a Freeney, Safety guy, and Hayden Tackle Gangbang, and follows it up with another miss tackle by Sanders.

Ends with a 3 yard celebration and Freeney giving up in disgust.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Difference between Luke and I is if he ever does get Okoye into beast mode he won't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks.

I need more of that type of personality :lol
You got that douche (no offense!) in the second round with my late pick, so they have no one to blame but themselves. Think of it that way. :p

Matrix

Lonestar said:
Oh, he ran with him alright. I'd would add the words "Tried to" but kinda doesn't fit with the fact I still lost the game. He did eek out a critical 3rd down conversion, I believe, twice.

The game just was not a showcase for the top 2 new RB's in the league.

I think it also has to do with the fact Luke has a great D that can handle these backs better which could have hurt your game. Luke has always been a passer so that could be causing him to stumble out of the gate with Okoye. It does take a period of time to adjust to becoming a decent runner imo.

I believe you have to have some skill to be able to do it. Speed backs or no speed backs. It's the same way with playing manual user D or watching someone like Birdman pass so well with a bleh QB.

Matrix

Rorschach said:
You got that douche (no offense!) in the second round with my late pick, so they have no one to blame but themselves. Think of it that way. :p

Yea the fucker was on the board till the 20th pick of the 2nd round, Lone and I were talking on aim and couldn't believe people were passing on him :| After Slaton started becoming a fumble machine I decided to draft a back after I drafted a CB. I had planned on going all D, thankfully Slaton started sucking :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im gonna accuse Livewire of cheese next time i beat him in hopes that he stops posting here as well.

Lonestar

Matrix said:
Yea the fucker was on the board till the 20th pick of the 2nd round, Lone and I were talking on aim and couldn't believe people were passing on him :| After Slaton started becoming a fumble machine I decided to draft a back after I drafted a CB. I had planned on going all D, thankfully Slaton started sucking :lol

You owe me like a 2nd round pick, man. You've tainted the water around him with all this fumble talk. Sure, first few games with him I had some problems, but once I just stopped running, everything was Okie Dokie in the Fumble Department.

No one wanted Slaton at all.

Matrix

Lonestar said:
You owe me like a 2nd round pick, man. You've tainted the water around him with all this fumble talk. Sure, first few games with him I had some problems, but once I just stopped running, everything was Okie Dokie in the Fumble Department.

No one wanted Slaton at all.

How about a pat on the back old pal?

haha once you stopped running :lol

Fifty

I agree with the people who say that Bluemax should simply not message people DURING GAMES and post immediately afterwards. The only thing you should say during a game to the other opponent is that I'm pausing due to an emergency and please wait, or something like that. Not stuff like "fuck you". edit: Wait...Bluemax WON? ...haha wow. I wrote this thinking he had lost. I guess I caught up on all the day's crazy # of postings too fast, and at 4:30 am.

I've learned by now that despite that there being a million things I'd like to say after a game, none of them are helpful. All they do is make me look like a sore loser and add to my stress levels. It's just a game. Anyway, Bluemax, don't quit..just simmer down a little. Taking the game less seriously has worked wonders for me.

It's a shame that one of the all-time strongest teams in Ramirez's Steelers has to now give up 49 points to the Chiefs. Granted, I got myself into a shootout with them, but I played much worse than Ramirez usually does. RIP Steelers. I hope Ramirez is doing OK in his real life.

Overall, the scores seem to have simmered down a bit from week 1, so that's good. I don't want to see constant shootouts/blowouts across the board every week!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG last night LJ. The Dolphins are a fun team to use but with some glaring weaknesses which we discussed.

In hindsight (of course, 20-20) there are a lot of things I should have done differently. Mainly I should have put Gibril Wilson in as my cover safety instead of Channing Crowder. Instantly better speed and coverage, without giving up too much pursuit. It would not have helped too much tho, Nelson has some good speed. Also, as discussed, I should have run all day. The combo of Brown and Addai was doing well, except that the OL was bad and I had to spread you out to run effectively. I was running for my life all game with James. God bless the elite Giants OL.

When all else fails in terms of building a team, if their real life counterpart is effective, the team owner should try and build the team like they are IRL. The Dolphins focus on defensive play on the running game. With a strong OL and better LBs, Pheeniks, you'd do much better for yourself. Unfortunately this is already season 4. I understand the moves you made to get some of the toys, but it cost you in the trenches. I sent a PM with some suggestions!

I won't be able to sub for Pheeniks next "week" as I'll be away until Monday.... unless you guys want to wait for me (which you have to anyway for my game against DCX!)

LiveWire

AstroLad said:
i hate qb being thrown down and zinging a bullet 20 yards cheese. several gamebreaker plays like that in our game. livewire i think you were inviting sacks on purpose because you knew your qb accuracy would shoot up while being thrown down or with a guy in his face

:lol Only with the One Free Man would a stunt like that work. Bulger = 3 INTs. Season 5, Rams draft Freeman 2.0!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I don't understand why you guys are playing Zep's games on day 1 of the advance with a sub he did not appoint, considering what was posted earlier about him probably getting power back by Thursday. Let's at least give the dude a chance.

Birdman02

Mrbob said:
Damn it now I got 5 cheese games this season.

Freeballin, Bjoern, Okoye, LeRon, and now Keller. Smh.

Dude, I have 4 games (6 if you count CJ) just in my division. If anybody should be complaining about cheese backs, it's me!!

<3 u, Bjoern and Girley/Okoye

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
For a second I had a vision of a league where that would be possible -- a great idea, in theory. Then I realized we wouldn't even be in Season 1 Week 2 yet because of 100+ games deleted because of "cheese" or "Madden BS."

The "evidence" posts would be epic.

Fifty

Wellington said:
I don't understand why you guys are playing Zep's games on day 1 of the advance with a sub he did not appoint, considering what was posted earlier about him probably getting power back by Thursday. Let's at least give the dude a chance.

He didn't tell Livewire to play his game? That's messed up. Zep probably won't care, since he won, but if someone isn't around and hasn't said anything about a fill in, we should wait till the last minute and even then, allowing someone to control another person's team without permission is strange.

Birdman02

I thought the new rule was no subs, so there wouldn't be any complaining about it at the end of the season if a CPU game was the difference in a playoff spot.

I personally don't care either way. I'll probably lose to the CPU Titans twice (it's bad enough that I'd most likely split with AB).

LiveWire

I don't think Zep would have any problems with me filling in, win or lose. And if for some reason he is gone again in the future I'd happily take over for the Rams.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Well if anyone should take the blame for that game getting played it's me. I told Live I'd be home to play and we knocked it out. I'm sure by the time Zep gets back we'll be ready to advance or near it so I doubt he'll have to wait too long to take control of his 2-0 juggernaut.

Ramirez

Fifty said:
I agree with the people who say that Bluemax should simply not message people DURING GAMES and post immediately afterwards. The only thing you should say during a game to the other opponent is that I'm pausing due to an emergency and please wait, or something like that. Not stuff like "fuck you". edit: Wait...Bluemax WON? ...haha wow. I wrote this thinking he had lost. I guess I caught up on all the day's crazy # of postings too fast, and at 4:30 am.

I've learned by now that despite that there being a million things I'd like to say after a game, none of them are helpful. All they do is make me look like a sore loser and add to my stress levels. It's just a game. Anyway, Bluemax, don't quit..just simmer down a little. Taking the game less seriously has worked wonders for me.

It's a shame that one of the all-time strongest teams in Ramirez's Steelers has to now give up 49 points to the Chiefs. Granted, I got myself into a shootout with them, but I played much worse than Ramirez usually does. RIP Steelers. I hope Ramirez is doing OK in his real life.

Overall, the scores seem to have simmered down a bit from week 1, so that's good. I don't want to see constant shootouts/blowouts across the board every week!

Things are slowly getting a little more normal. I think I'm glad I didn't play this season though, looks to be a big pot of drama that I know I would be right in the middle of. :lol

Nightz

Ramirez said:
Things are slowly getting a little more normal. I think I'm glad I didn't play this season though, looks to be a big pot of drama that I know I would be right in the middle of. :lol
How's little Ram doing?

LukeSmith

Ramirez said:

I think this season is all faux-drama so far!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
You ain't seen nothin. Just wait 'til Mike Tolbert drops five catches and 1 TD on bluemax/CPU.

Or actually wait 'til bluemax loses a game. Holy living fucking wrath of god.

Top Bottom