• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach

daw840 said:
Fuck you man. Just fuck off. This is the bullshit I can't fucking stand about this league. SO fucking what? I suck. That make you happy? Penis feel just a little bigger now? I mean, you with that big throbbing foot long must feell like a big manly man
We didn't have that shit last year. I blame the the Wade avatars (mostly CB)!

Mrbob

Daw we'll talk on aim when I get home tonight....I want to work out a trade with you. One last big bang before you quit if you are truly leaving.

I got screwed by DCX and the NFC commisioner army over an epic trade. You can help us both extract vengeance one last time on all of them before Madden 11 is out. Help me help you.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
Daw we'll talk on aim when I get home tonight....I want to work out a trade with you. One last big bang before you quit if you are truly leaving.

I got screwed by DCX and NFC commisioner army over an epic trade. You can help us both extract vengeance one last time on all of them before Madden 11 is out. Help me help you.
Stop taking advantage of the situation. If he's leaving, he's not trading. AD will die a Viking!

LukeSmith

87935d1233230465t-various-pc-wallpapers-1024x768-batsignal.jpg

Fifty

WELLIE: my modem just stopped working. Seriously. I'm on my blackberry now, and I'm going to try to get a new one tonight if the store is still open. I forget how late you said you can play. Pm me with the latest you can. This f'ing sucks.

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
Not cool!
nope not cool, not cool to call me in a thread and not to personally. Come on, all the years i have played this blasted game how mean spirited have i been other to Shawn and most if not all deserved.

Whatev.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
WELLIE: my modem just stopped working. Seriously. I'm on my blackberry now, and I'm going to try to get a new one tonight if the store is still open. I forget how late you said you can play. Pm me with the latest you can. This f'ing sucks.
Ugh. I'm available but I got stuff to do. Can you let me know a time?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
The fuck? No he doesn't. He's been our best OL player by far at guard. And he's even avoided the Raider downgrade by Donny because he's been so good.

I could have sworn I read reports two years back that Art Shell had to personally work with him to improve technique.

Fifty: I'm going to head to the store to pick up some stuff, just post here when you will be available.

DCX

DCX
LJ11 said:
If I have to explain you probably weren't doing it. There's a D in that package were only 2 guys rush and the rest drop back into coverage ie Velcro 9.
No..i use the Jets playbook and there is no velcro play in that package. I used velcro before in NCAA. Good 3rd and long D..but i usually get gashed anyway for a first down.

DCX

LukeSmith

LJ11 said:
If I have to explain you probably weren't doing it. There's a D in that package were only 2 guys rush and the rest drop back into coverage ie Velcro 9.

great, now everyone is going to start using 1-5-5, audibled to nickel Velcro 9.

Look what you've done LJ

Smokey

daw840 said:
Fuck you man. Just fuck off. This is the bullshit I can't fucking stand about this league. SO fucking what? I suck. That make you happy? Penis feel just a little bigger now? I mean, you with that big throbbing foot long must feell like a big manly man

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Great, I get DCX"s Steel Curtain D next and its after I come back from vacation, I'll be fresh out of practice. Only way I score will be STs or if he throws a pick 6 (Tank has 99 CAR btw).

LukeSmith

fwiw - and none of this should be taken as a dig at Daw - the 1-5-5 isn't anymore difficult to deal with than 3-4 or 4-6 or 2-4-5. What makes these formations (or any other arcane-looking defense presnap) difficult to deal with is that it looks different at the line of scrimmage.

The results from this are pretty apparent (and these all presuppose the majority of the league uses something other than 1-5-5 [which they do: 43 and 34 are the most played default defenses in our league]):
  • Coverages look differently within the QB's initial drop
  • Coverage windows open up differently in zone
  • Blitzes come from locations that you aren't used to seeing

There's undoubtedly more, but those advantages are mostly psychological. It's odd seeing people line up in ways you don't expect them to or with a bizarre subset of personnel on the field, especially presnap on O.

I'm not elite like Rors or LJ, but I usually make my passing decision on a play based on a few players on the D - defenses like 1-5-5 may make it harder to identify the defender in question that I want to make a read off of, as a result I may spend more time making a decision or I may make even worse decisions than I usually do.

Aeon712

Question for you guys in the 360 league, is it difficult to make trades. Majority of the time on my PS3 league players are greeted with the message saying that the trade can't be completed at this time.

Nightz

Aeon712 said:
Question for you guys in the 360 league, is it difficult to make trades. Majority of the time on my PS3 league players are greeted with the message saying that the trade can't be completed at this time.
I think most of us just drop each other's players when we trade. :|

daw840 said:

I feel like we are best friends this week. But I have no problem with him running 1-5-5. You're just frustrated but its beatable. Just simmer down a bit! We just have things to learn.

And Wellie --- I would agree with your point of taking people out of position and they still progress, but I have seen in other leagues that Javon Jackson would be a 93 by now. He's still an 84 and has had 2 offseasons and has not gone up or down in anything.

Let me say this again:

but I have seen in other leagues that Javon Jackson would be a 93 by now

dawson-crying.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
This league is starting to become ill, we need to purge people from Coco....

Ughhh got to get FF13 out of my head, that's true cheese.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Fifty. Thanks for playing on my wonky schedule, and thanks for allowing me time to adjust my depth chart. If not for those 14 points I scored on STs, this would have been a different game.

Fifty

Yeah..that was a pretty crazy game. Really frustrating though. I threw multiple picks to one player again (3 last time to PB's player, 2 to your guy) and I got sacked so many times because I didn't adjust to the frequent blitzes. I just played like shit basically. Hopefully my D allows less than 35 points for the first time next week.

I don't know how or why you didn't get into the playoffs last year (oh yeah, amateur EA tiebreaker) but for me to lose to someone who puts so much work into the game is not something I should be ashamed of...even though it's no fun to not be able to get anything going, except on fluke plays.

Luckily Nightz lost, and my rookie WR and DE both did well. That's enough to make me not miserable.

Mrbob

Wait, Fifty isn't feeling miserable for a moment in time with the Madden league? Amazing! :lol

Oh and play your mlb game DM! Holding up the tourney for days!

Fifty

Mrbob said:
Wait, Fifty isn't feeling miserable for a moment in time with the Madden league? Amazing! :lol

:lol I'm as predictable as Bluemax..except that instead of getting ridiculously angry and accusational, I just get depressed and self-pitying.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
:lol I'm as predictable as Bluemax..except that instead of getting ridiculously angry and accusational, I just get depressed and self-pitying.

:lol

I'm honestly the same way now, except for when people attack my cheese. I handle losing now so much easier. I mope for a few mins and get over it. I also know that I will never win it all with the caliber of players in this league, so why go crazy about losing.

Mrbob

Now you guys are learning. :D

I really don't care if I win or lose (unless its agianst that bitch CB who uses voodoo magic to beat me), just let Jcut do his thing and GO cheese the middle of the field and we'll see how the game turns out!

I officially stopped caring mid last season in my attempt to tank and ended up going on an 8 game winning streak instead. :lol In retrospect this slightly pisses me off now! I could have went for top end Madden HB or WR cheese in a top 5 pick. I tried though! I offered Petey both Landry and Urlacher for his number one pick but he wanted offense instead. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Fifty

Wellington said:
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17985921

^ Cracked up at that one. Poor CJ and Boss really wanted that TD.

:lol :lol Thanks for saving that one.

I never have the energy or patience to save replays in games I lose. It was just RIDICULOUS that he got out of that jam. The game now allows for gang tackles, but that tackling engine can sometimes misfire and create plays like that. At least it was Jacobs and not some fantasy back with a Swedish name and a 73 overall rating. It would have been an all-time classic play if he had broken the final tackle after he got up.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Mrbob said:
Now you guys are learning. :D

I really don't care if I win or lose (unless its agianst that bitch CB who uses voodoo magic to beat me), just let Jcut do his thing and GO cheese the middle of the field and we'll see how the game turns out!

I officially stopped caring mid last season in my attempt to tank and ended up going on an 8 game winning streak instead. :lol In retrospect this slightly pisses me off now! I could have went for top end Madden HB or WR cheese in a top 5 pick. I tried though! I offered Petey both Landry and Urlacher for his number one pick but he wanted offense instead. :(
I'm the same way, in games that I feel like I have no shot and just play carefree I wind up winning. Whenever I'm "focused" and really trying hard to pull out a win I wind up blowing game-winning drives or just getting beat otherwise. Lesson is don't give a shit. (But play your games quickly please.)

DCX

DCX
:lol :lol :lol I have done things like that, but if i broke a 6 man tackle outside of the fourth quarter with the game in hand, Tank is taking it to the house.

DCX

Top Bottom