• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
so are we vancin tomorrow? bluemax i can play anytime during the day before 7 est tomorrow.

does bluemax even read the thread anymore!?

Smokey

AstroLad said:
so are we vancin tomorrow? bluemax i can play anytime during the day before 7 est tomorrow.

does bluemax even read the thread anymore!?

he banned himself from the thread a few days ago.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ohhh i thought he banned himself from sending in-game messages--didn't know he extended it!

guess i'll wait to see when we may be vancin and PM him. this is awesome i don't have to worry about any cheeser posts after i cheese him! he will quit the game but it's ok i feel like after playing livewire rams when everyone else is gonna play cpu rams i deserve at least three quarters of playing the cpu

I'm with CB here. I grew up playing those kick ass nintendo games, although most of you are older than us...but i'm used to video games being sitting on a couch with 3 other friends playing smash and yelling at each other. i thought playing smash with madden league would be fun but noooooo apparently we've got only 2 real men in here! although it is true that the online play is overall not great :(

the wii has been a terrible system but smash, mario, zelda, etc. will always be a fixture for me.

please don't invite a gaming mod in here

LiveWire

ph33nix said:
I'm with CB here. I grew up playing those kick ass nintendo games

As did I. The Wii is a disgrace. It has none of the things that made the NES/SNES....even the N64, great. Speaking of great, I'm playing Perfect Dark....so awesome. I forgot how great the music was. :D

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
As did I. The Wii is a disgrace. It has none of the things that made the NES/SNES....even the N64, great. Speaking of great, I'm playing Perfect Dark....so awesome. I forgot how great the music was. :D

Exepct the actual games that made those systems great on the Shop Channel?

I'm going to keep trying to convince my siblings that them playing wii fit once a month is pointless and that I will make better use of it

honestly of all the multiplayer games I have, smash is the best one to spend a little time on. I'm not really into madden/2k scrimmages anymore. with madden I'd rather see how i do with league rosters, and with 2k people don't really try to win a team game in scrimmages but instead focus on working on individuals. and with Smash its the kind of game you can play in short bursts and i really like messing around with characters and such

and i don't know about you guys but final destination is my favorite stage. that's where the real fighting happens, all the other stages (except corneria one of my all time favorites) have distracting factors that take away from the actual fighting itself

CB3 said:
Exepct the actual games that made those systems great on the Shop Channel?

I think he's talking about how there are really no classic games for the wii, the way there were tons of them for nes/snes/64.

but i'm wondering if there's a nostalgic/i was younger factor. the first time i played through ocarina of time i was depressed when i finished it. and then i beat it like 10 more times :lol and I didn't play super mario rpg when it first came out but when i got to later it made me sad how all the paper marios, i thought, were not nearly as fun. mario rpg=top 5 rpg for me of all time

CB3 said:
I tend to like the 8/16 Bit generation games better than the new stuff anyway

that's why i clamor for more remakes like megaman 9 and 10. at least nintendo is doing something like new super mario bros wii (please stop charging 50 for that shit) which gives us that 8/16 bit feeling again, but the game ultimately has too much gimmicky stuff to truly feel that way

best mario ever for me = mario 3 (followed by world)
it'd be amazing if the wii let us play that online

Fifty

ph33nix said:
I'm with CB here. I grew up playing those kick ass nintendo games, although most of you are older than us...but i'm used to video games being sitting on a couch with 3 other friends playing smash and yelling at each other. i thought playing smash with madden league would be fun but noooooo apparently we've got only 2 real men in here! although it is true that the online play is overall not great :(
]

What would be great would be Bluemax writing in-game diatribes about the unfair nature of the Hammer. Don't even think of trying to throw two turtle shells in a row at him..

Fifty said:
What would be great would be Bluemax writing in-game diatribes about the unfair nature of the Hammer. Don't even think of trying to throw two turtle shells in a row at him..
:lol

:( this makes me want to play so badly
i prefer to play with items off anyways

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:

:lol

the funny thing is I could see people doing that. when i used to play with my friends we would bitch each other out by saying stuff like "Dude why does it seem like you're always attacking me. he has more life than i do go after him!"

LiveWire

Well Sinistar if we can't get our game in tonight it will have to be Sunday. I'd hate to hold the league up, but you haven't been answering your AIM.

CB3

Mister_Sinister_001.jpg

who wants to play some perfect dark tonight? if we have enough interest i would play!

and yes, CB did kick my ass once in smash bros. ask him how many times he has beaten me in our countless marvel vs. capcom 2 encounters (hint: it's less than 1, and there are no fraction wins)

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
who wants to play some perfect dark tonight? if we have enough interest i would play!

and yes, CB did kick my ass once in smash bros. ask him how many times he has beaten me in our countless marvel vs. capcom 2 encounters (hint: it's less than 1, and there are no fraction wins)

Its only once cause we only played once. If we played 100 times i would beat you 100 times.

BTW im down for PD

LiveWire

gg Sinistar. I told you if you played your game you can win with the Lions. I tried my damnedest to make a comeback, but the 4th TD in the 4th quarter took too long to get. It all stemmed from the pick at the end of the 1st half. I should've taken the points and gone in 14-10. :/ The two pick 6s ended up being the difference.

1014_bummin_on_cancer.jpg

Sinistar is a bright young man. He's got a great quarterback, and a promising defense. Only problem is...[record scratch]...he's using the detroit lions! But now, he's about to find out... that winning back to back games with the lions isn't so easy!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fuck spiky hair dudes and jpop games, I'm officially done with FFXIII. Ive tried for two days to beat a fucking chapter 9 boss and can't. Maybe I should play more Nintendo games cause I'm not cut out for the difficulty level of FF games anymore. Ive already played for 26 hours total and I feel like I haven't learned a fucking thing thanks to the auto attack feature and the weapon upgrade system being worthless till later on. Only thing keeping me going was the graphics and it possibly opening up some, but I'll never get any further :lol

I don't want tips Nightz, this is the only place I can vent and not be worried about being bashed or banned.

Sorry everyone for tainting this thread with FF talk, I will never do it again. Now to play God of War and more Madden games! *beats chest*

Matrix

CB3 said:
CB - 1
Matrix - 0

No you still have one extra POS system.

Matrix- 1
CB- 1

Ohhhh amazon.com is giving $37 store credit for it and I already got $10 game credit, I won't lose much by jumping ship now.

CB3

Matrix said:
No you still have one extra POS system.

Matrix- 1
CB- 1

Ohhhh amazon.com is giving $37 store credit for it and I already got $10 game credit, I won't lose much by jumping ship now.

Its not useless.

Nintendo's 2010 Big Hit

Super Mario Galaxy 2:
Super-Mario-Galaxy-2-E3-2009.jpg

Sony's big 2010 Hit:
Heavy Rain
night_trap_(cd).jpg

Matrix

I kinda think Sony's big 2010 hit is GOW3. You can call GOW3 the same stuff with pretty graphics, but isn't Mario Galaxy just Mario Galaxy with Yoshi now?

Matrix

CB3 said:
It is. But you dont need big change on an already great game

Ditto with GOW3. Though insane graphics > a little green dino

My 5 year old nephew thinks Yoshi is cool, you guys should form a Nintendo clubhouse. I will admit when I was 9 playing with Yoshi in Super Mario's World was cool.

CB3

Your Right. I should change my name to CB XXX to fit my new extreme attitude.

Hey look at Kratos fucking those girls! And naked boobs! XXXTREME!

Get off the 9 year old argument. I play games because they are fun. Nintendo happens to make fun relaxing games. Are they difficult? Not really. Ill go beatdown Ninja Gaiden or Mega Man if i wanna play a hard game. Kratos smashing in Generic Enemy X's head in for the 293842 time doesnt appeal to me all that much. Dont get me wrong ill gamefly it at some point, but many of these single player games have 0 replay value for me. im not spending 60 bucks for a game ill play through once.

Meanwhile i could play nintendo's shit years from now and still have fun. I cant tell you how many times ive gone through Mario 3/Wolrd/64/Link to the Past/Ocarina of Time ect... They are all games that stand the test of time.

Tell me whats gonna differentiate God Of War 3 in 6 years from your run of the mill action game on the PS4/Xbox 720? Not much.

Matrix

I didn't know Nintendo characters were your weak spot. I have plenty of fond memories of playing those games and can still enjoy them, hell I had a Wii and beat Galaxy. Again this goes back to you shitting on other peoples tastes in here the day before. I made the Madden PS3 league inside joke comment to Rors and you went all fanboy like with the PS3 is a POS. Fifty snapped too :lol

I'm just messing around with you, but now I know what makes CB angry :lol

Matrix said:
I didn't know Nintendo characters were your weak spot. I have plenty of fond memories of playing those games and can still enjoy them, hell I had a Wii and beat Galaxy. Again this goes back to you shitting on other peoples tastes in here the day before. I made the Madden PS3 league inside joke comment to Rors and you went all fanboy like with the PS3 is a POS. Fifty snapped too :lol

I'm just messing around with you, but now I know what makes CB angry :lol

i still agree with CB here (what the hell is going on) nintendo's games are a hell of a lot more replayable, and damn right still are fun.

now this is a legit question: i bought final fantasy XIII just because its FF. I loved the fucking shit out of FFVII and FFVIII...in fact I was replaying FFVII all over again before 13 came out. but it seems like the general feedback on XIII is that it just flat out sucks. I've only played 20 minutes of it before I got busy but tell me Matrix, should I just sell that shit while the value is high? :(

also today is the day I make my final attempt to uh..."borrow" the wii from this household :D do only 2 people here have smash??

Birdman02

AstroLad said:
so any idea on if/when we are advancing today? texting with bluemax trying to arrange a time

I'm waiting to here back from daw. I sent him a PM late last night, so he probably hasn't seen it yet. I'll be around all day, so it's pretty much up to when he can play.

Matrix

ph33nix said:
now this is a legit question: i bought final fantasy XIII just because its FF. I loved the fucking shit out of FFVII and FFVIII...in fact I was replaying FFVII all over again before 13 came out. but it seems like the general feedback on XIII is that it just flat out sucks. I've only played 20 minutes of it before I got busy but tell me Matrix, should I just sell that shit while the value is high? :(

Honestly it's a love hate thing with FF13, so many things I have enjoyed, but good god chapter 6 was the worst shit I have ever played in a FF game and I was close to quitting out of shame. I can't get past the Chapter 9 boss and honestly maybe if I was younger and had all the time in the world to master it etc I would hold onto the game, but I'm not getting any enjoyment out of being stuck and Ive played 26 hours and I truly don't feel like the story is anything amazing. Honestly whats keeping me going is the graphics lol and the promise that the game would open up later on. I might try to beat this boss one more time before Monday, if I can't, it's shipped off when the values still high. I can't tell you what you should do with your copy, but I loved FFVII and didn't care for FFVIII and this seems to be worse than both in the story/gameplay category imo. You still might want to ask that question to someone who has gotten past Chapter 9 :(

Ughhh I really need to stop talking about this game, you tricked me!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Birdman02 said:
I'm waiting to here back from daw. I sent him a PM late last night, so he probably hasn't seen it yet. I'll be around all day, so it's pretty much up to when he can play.
cool think we're waiting for lone too so if we can't play today so be it!

Mrbob

I'll make my way through FF13, because, well, I have too. I'm on chapter 4 I think, and once I get through the game I've finished my Japanese RPG quotient for the next 5 years.

The superior Square Enix game to come out in March will be Just Cause 2.

Matrix I've read the chapter 9 boss ownz a ton of people. I wonder if it will break me as well.

Birdman02 said:

The last I heard from him, he has a longtime friend coming back and he said "Gonna get really drunk tonight!" so it might be a while today before you hear from Daw :lol

Matrix said:
Honestly it's a love hate thing with FF13, so many things I have enjoyed, but good god chapter 6 was the worst shit I have ever played in a FF game and I was close to quitting out of shame. I can't get past the Chapter 9 boss and honestly maybe if I was younger and had all the time in the world to master it etc I would hold onto the game, but I'm not getting any enjoyment out of being stuck and Ive played 26 hours and I truly don't feel like the story is anything amazing. Honestly whats keeping me going is the graphics lol and the promise that the game would open up later on. I might try to beat this boss one more time before Monday, if I can't, it's shipped off when the values still high. I can't tell you what you should do with your copy, but I loved FFVII and didn't care for FFVIII and this seems to be worse than both in the story/gameplay category imo. You still might want to ask that question to someone who has gotten past Chapter 9 :(

Ughhh I really need to stop talking about this game, you tricked me!

You're not talking about the game you're helping a bro here =P

see I'm not the typical gaming-side gaf gamer so almost anything impresses me. but seeing so much negative feedback is turning me off already. its like when you've got the hots for a woman but all your friends are telling you that she's terrible in bed and you're sitting there thinking "that's not possible" and that you'd rather find out for yourself.

honestly I doubt I'll have the patience if its as bad as people are saying. I think I'm just about done with most single player games nowadays, I got 2 1/2 hours into uncharted 2 and I loved it but I didn't even have the patience to go through that =/ like bob said getting FFXIII was basically to fill my FF/JRPG fix for the next few years

Birdman02

ph33nix said:
The last I heard from him, he has a longtime friend coming back and he said "Gonna get really drunk tonight!" so it might be a while today before you hear from Daw :lol

:lol Hopefully, he'll regain consciousness sometime soon. I'd like to get this done before the basketball games start today.

Am I the only one here who has never played a final fantasy game?

Top Bottom