• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Birdman02 said:
:lol Hopefully, he'll regain consciousness sometime soon. I'd like to get this done before the basketball games start today.

Am I the only one here who has never played a final fantasy game?

after CB has been raising his anti-FF cock around here I don't think you are

but...final fantasy VII = amazing. I think I've beaten that like 4 times and I'm on my 5th run right now. maybe I should sell FFXIII and just keep rebeating FFVII for my JRPG fix :D

my top 5 RPGs:
1) FFVII
2) chrono trigger
3) mario RPG
4) earthbound
5) FFVIII

everyone has told me that FFVI/FFIII on the snes is amazing, I've tried starting it like 5 times but it always got boring really fast for me.

Birdman02

I was never really interested in RPGs as a kid, so I pretty much ignored the entire genre. Lately, I have been more interested in stuff like fallout 3 (which I started a couple of months ago) and mass effect. I completely ignored mass effect when it 1st came out, but I plan on picking it up when I can find it cheaper than the $30 gamestop is selling it for. Maybe one day I'll try pick up an FF game just to see what I've been missing.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I had left my PC on yesterday with aim on, and I checked on it every little bit last night, but didn't get any messages. We're about to head over to see more family, then who knows what (maybe looking for a new pet). Should have similar time tonight, LJ.

Lonestar said:
I had left my PC on yesterday with aim on, and I checked on it every little bit last night, but didn't get any messages. We're about to head over to see more family, then who knows what (maybe looking for a new pet). Should have similar time tonight, LJ.

i was on last night trying to coordinate your guys' game and i didn't see your name on AIM. the league is advancing tonight at 9 pm pst so if you aren't going to be around before then let us know.

also, did daw quit or did he say that and then now he's back? last i saw him post is he was pissed at DCX and said he was done with the game

Birdman02

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i was on last night trying to coordinate your guys' game and i didn't see your name on AIM. the league is advancing tonight at 9 pm pst so if you aren't going to be around before then let us know.

also, did daw quit or did he say that and then now he's back? last i saw him post is he was pissed at DCX and said he was done with the game

We went back and forth on PMs earlier this week. I assume he's gonna stay in the league, since he said he'd play me. I think he's going the bluemax route and staying out of the thread.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
sonicwaiting.gif

Birdman02

GG Daw. At first, I thought Madden was out to get me again after these two plays.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18105599
Looks like it cuts out before you see my guy make the INT, then fumble it right back to the Vikings.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18105677

Then this play happened in the 3rd qtr, and I lost every right to complain:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18105690
I can't believe that play stood after a challenge. Probably the worst call I've seen in Madden 10

One more just for fun...I was playing an offline game against the Colts. They lined up for a GW 55 yard kick with Adam Vinatieri as time expired. The return was a little Tecmo Bowl-esque.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18105894

dragon age sucked dick.

anyhow, is there any possibility the bills/pats game is even going to be done by 9 pm pst? lonestar showed up and then left without saying what he meant by "later tonight" :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
dragon age sucked dick.

anyhow, is there any possibility the bills/pats game is even going to be done by 9 pm pst? lonestar showed up and then left without saying what he meant by "later tonight" :(
better question: is there any possibility you will get a response by 9 pm pst?

Smokey

I have learned in the past 24 hours that CB is a closet Nintendo fanboy that will defend them to his grave. Were you one of those dudes that were crying way back when Nintendo first announced Twilight Princess at that conference?!

CB3

Smokey said:
I have learned in the past 24 hours that CB is a closet Nintendo fanboy that will defend them to his grave. Were you one of those dudes that were crying way back when Nintendo first announced Twilight Princess at that conference?!

not really nintendo. Just the older games in general. I liked Sega back in the day too.

Sonic3_3_1189529944_640w.jpg

Gaming bliss for me. Sonic 3 is better than any 2D Mario game

I have sonic 3 on like 5 different things

LJ11

NES/SNES/Genesis/PS1 were the glory days, for me anyway.

I'm around Lone, not sure for how much longer, it's too nice out.

DMczaf

The Madden art team is scanning almost every coach in the NFL this weekend. Will be awesome upgrade for the game.
40 minutes ago via Tweetie

I'll let you guess who the coach that won't be scanned is

belichick.jpg

Smokey

CB3 said:
not really nintendo. Just the older games in general. I liked Sega back in the day too.

Sonic3_3_1189529944_640w.jpg

Gaming bliss for me. Sonic 3 is better than any 2D Mario game

I have sonic 3 on like 5 different things

This is why you are a good man!

Really though, I didn't know you were a closet Nintendo fanboy! I've had a Wii since launch and have sold every game on it. Only game I "have" is EA Active/Wii Fit and that's becaused I gave the Wii to family members.

It's turrible.

CB3

im not a nintendo fanboy. Im a fan of nintendo. Not the wii though. I have like 5 games on it

older games suck dick these days. 2d platformers are still ok, but the bast majority of the games released on snes/genesis are pure trash if you go back and play them today. the worst offendere possibly tecmo bowl. people jerk off all day about this game and say "hey guy, im about having fun!" but the game isn't fun to play, it's frustrating.

good riddance to 16 bit games i say (although they are not all bad)

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
older games suck dick these days. 2d platformers are still ok, but the bast majority of the games released on snes/genesis are pure trash if you go back and play them today. the worst offendere possibly tecmo bowl. people jerk off all day about this game and say "hey guy, im about having fun!" but the game isn't fun to play, it's frustrating.

good riddance to 16 bit games i say (although they are not all bad)

We're playing QB Club 96 again this summer! It's time!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
I'll make my way through FF13, because, well, I have too. I'm on chapter 4 I think, and once I get through the game I've finished my Japanese RPG quotient for the next 5 years.

Matrix I've read the chapter 9 boss ownz a ton of people. I wonder if it will break me as well.

Some of the chapters are just not fun and the spike increase out of the blue on the Chapter 9 boss is absurd. I feel like everything before that was easy * except the chapter 5 boss Nightz helped me with, but even that was easy once I got help* and nothing prepared me or got me ready to have my ass handed to me over and over. You will get owned, but I'm sure you will beat it eventually. I just don't have the patience for it.

This dude sums up the game for me and he's made it a little further....

"Man this game is harder than any ff i played before.. I get owned regulary not only by bosses but from normal mobs too. The battle is nice but this YOU MUST HAVE THE CORRECT COMBINATION of classes in order to win is retarted. I am at the end of chapter 12 and i am dragging my feet in order to finish this game. The story is unremarkable too be kind and it seems to go on forever and ever.. Graphics are top notch though and most characters are enjoyable (except Vanille what the hell is wrong with her voice? Is she whispering? Is she speaking sofly? Why is having an orgasm each time she does pretty much anything ?)."

Lonestar

I thought I had my PC on last night, but who knows. Still out and about, and all I know is....I need a nap.....

Lonestar

Fuck crossing routes, quick wr screens, and the ability of others being able to easily stop any attempts at a run game...

You guys should have just let him play the CPU, because he already pulls some Neo bullshit out of thin air. Twenty out of twenty two passing.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lonestar said:
Fuck crossing routes, quick wr screens, and the ability of others being able to easily stop any attempts at a run game...

LJ is a God like Rors, just think that way and you will feel better. Both of them manage to win with complete shit.

Plus FMT made copies of his game shark and mailed them each one.

Smokey

Lonestar said:

You guys should have just let him play the CPU, because he already pulls some Neo bullshit out of thin air. Twenty out of twenty two passing.

who are you talking about?:lol

Lonestar

Matrix

Heh I use the Texans D playbook, what am I missing from the Jets one? the 1-5-5 everyone bitches about?

Riley looks like Freeman.

LJ11

Riley's release is blazing fast, that throw on the run was pretty sweet, glad you saved it.

I threw about 3 WR screens, that's as many as I've throw in probably two seasons total. Meanwhile guys run them all the time against me.

I switched to the 3-4 because people were getting frustrated with 4-3 DT play, at least in the 3-4 I can play some MLB. Only reason I use the Jets book is because it has Nickel Normal, it comes in handy at times, only sack I had was out of Nickel Normal.

I'm not going to line up in 1-5-5 against big run sets, something you did. You'll rarely see me in that D. Gave you a bunch of different looks, 46/various 3-4/various Nickel, didn't stick with one package the entire game.

My D didn't do much anyway besides drop two ints, it was all Riley. I'm going back to 4-3 anyway, might as well give you guys a real reason to be miffed.

Lonestar

LJ11 said:
Riley's release is blazing fast, that throw on the run was pretty sweet, glad you saved it.

I threw about 3 WR screens, that's as many as I've throw in probably two seasons total. Meanwhile guys run them all the time against me.

I switched to the 3-4 because people were getting frustrated with 4-3 DT play, at least in the 3-4 I can play some MLB. Only reason I use the Jets book is because it has Nickel Normal, it comes in handy at times, only sack I had was out of Nickel Normal.

I'm not going to line up in 1-5-5 against big run sets, something you did. You'll rarely seem in that D. Gave you a bunch of different looks, 46/various 3-4/various Nickel, didn't stick with one package the entire game.

My D didn't do much anyway besides drop two ints, it was all Riley. I'm going back to 4-3 anyway, might as well give you guys a real reason to be miffed.

I actually used Multiple. I tried the 1-5-5 some, from all that talk earlier about it. Really, my gameplanning on both sides is random and instinctual. How do I know when you're going to run, or do the 2 WR to the left, flanker do a post streak, and the slot and 1st TE run crossing drags.

My problem wasn't your Defense (though, your controlled MLB seemed to rush the line at times when I ran the ball up the middle, causing havoc on my line. Or your controlled safety running around the TE's on the 1 stretch play. It screams of bullshit (mainly because it seems improbable that I could ever pull that shit off). I did alright passing.

It's your offense. 20 of 22 man. Even on hard throws, they'd catch them. Here I am chipping away with a 60% completion, feeling alright. Nope, 20-22. 1 of the incompletes was a miss throw, and I'm sure the other one was caught out of bounds. You had no drops, and I had no deflections. Even that 2 point play to your TE. I had 2! guys on him, didn't matter.

I'd call defense trying to defend crossing drag routes, but apparently, I didn't call them. Or they don't exist.

I need to do these plays myself.

And how do you guys fucking run in this game?

LJ11

Put someone on a QB spy if drags are eating you up, I'm only checking down when I throw them anyway. Felt that I went deep downfield plenty in that game. Hit the pass to Toliver, and Purcell twice on deep fades.

Top Bottom