• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

bluemax

Banned
I quit.

I can't deal with everyone's slot receiver going for 170+ yards per game on me anymore. I can't deal with 1 handed line backer leaping catches anymore. I can't deal with QBs who never get sacked anymore.

I've had enough of Madden for a few months and if I don't stop today then I'll never ever want to play it again. Sorry for not finishing out the season but I've decided that I absolutely had enough.

Apologies to Denoggizer for rage quitting with 30 seconds left but it was the only want to save my controller.

Enjoy the rest of the season, and thanks for letting me play.

And I'm not accusing any one player of anything. I'm just done with this game. Its repetitive and uninteresting. Its broken to the point where it is no longer a simulation of football.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
bluemax said:
I quit.

I can't deal with everyone's slot receiver going for 170+ yards per game on me anymore. I can't deal with 1 handed line backer leaping catches anymore. I can't deal with QBs who never get sacked anymore.

I've had enough of Madden for a few months and if I don't stop today then I'll never ever want to play it again. Sorry for not finishing out the season but I've decided that I absolutely had enough.

Apologies to Denoggizer for rage quitting with 30 seconds left but it was the only want to save my controller.

And I'm not accusing any one player of anything. I'm just done with this game. Its repetitive and uninteresting. Its broken to the point where it is no longer a simulation of football.

Hey, before you quite, trade me Aaron Curry. I know you don't need Brady, but lesssss do this!

bluemax said:
I quit.

says the dude who went almost exclusively with slot receivers throughout most of our matchup. but i guess its more of a game design and knowing how to stop/contain it. if you dont want to play you dont want to play. you aren't getting paid for this!

CB3 said:
Quick FMT give him EDGE

:lol

im looking at the boxscore and i don't see where his slot receiver had any type of impact unless he was lining up in 4 wide and had his TE in the slot.

anyhow, just one less obstacle in the NFC west! it's just you and me now astro... alone together! :D

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
says the dude who went almost exclusively with slot receivers throughout most of our matchup. but i guess its more of a game design and knowing how to stop/contain it. if you dont want to play you dont want to play. you aren't getting paid for this!

I never said I was innocent or above the bull shit. When the league commish is throwing to the flats with a 99 speed back then I'm going to do whatever it takes.

Also I fucking suck at this game and when the chips are down I go with the plays I'm comfortable with.

Yeah I did crappy stuff, everyone in this league did. I'm just not interested in playing the game anymore. I'm not mad or calling anyone out. I just don't want to deal with this anymore. It isn't fun. We aren't playing real football anymore. We're playing some abomination and I don't have any interest in it.

FrenchMovieTheme said:

im looking at the boxscore and i don't see where his slot receiver had any type of impact unless he was lining up in 4 wide and had his TE in the slot.

anyhow, just one less obstacle in the NFC west! it's just you and me now astro... alone together! :D

Do you understand generalizations? I never said I was calling denogg out. I'm just sick of this game.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You do know quick backs like the Reggie bush's and Marshall Faulks and Westbrooks of the world catch tons of passes in the flats in real life right? I know we happen to have more in this league but its not unstoppable. Control a LB and watch the back yourself

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
At this point even I am getting sick of this game, so really, thanks for playing Bluemax, the one or two games we played were actually pretty good dude. Hopefully you're back for Madden 11 and some of these issues we all have problems with are fixed.

That's all that really needs to be said, friends.

bluemax said:
I never said I was innocent or above the bull shit. When the league commish is throwing to the flats with a 99 speed back then I'm going to do whatever it takes.

Also I fucking suck at this game and when the chips are down I go with the plays I'm comfortable with.

Yeah I did crappy stuff, everyone in this league did. I'm just not interested in playing the game anymore. I'm not mad or calling anyone out. I just don't want to deal with this anymore. It isn't fun. We aren't playing real football anymore. We're playing some abomination and I don't have any interest in it.

Do you understand generalizations? I never said I was calling denogg out. I'm just sick of this game.

you sound mad! if you dont want to play then that's fine. as far as throwing to the flats with a 99 speed back maybe you might want to not play man defense and blitz everyone? would it be MORE sim if an 80 speed LB could cover a 99 speed RB in space man to man? maybe the problem isn't all on the game (the game definitely has problems) but also on the way you play defense.

doesn't matter though if you aren't enjoying yourself. i'm still waiting to see someone quit on a WINNING streak rather than a losing streak! funny how losing causes people to "have had it up to here with this game and it's non-sim ways!"

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Don't feel bad. Matrix goes on AIM for one time in about five weeks and whines because you are busy doing something else at the time. :lol If only we could all be on his aim schedule!

>_<

Excuse me sir, would you care to step outside?

bluemax

Banned
CB3 said:
You do know quick backs like the Reggie bush's and Marshall Faulks and Westbrooks of the world catch tons of passes in the flats in real life right? I know we happen to have more in this league but its not unstoppable. Control a LB and watch the back yourself

I never said it was, and really I got screwed more by the Madden sorting algorithm when I tried to switch than by the back himself.

I just am not having fun anymore.

And when even Fifty is talking shit about me in the league thread then I know I don't belong anymore.

Wellington said:
At this point even I am getting sick of this game, so really, thanks for playing Bluemax, the one or two games we played were actually pretty good dude. Hopefully you're back for Madden 11 and some of these issues we all have problems with are fixed.

Thanks for staying classy Wellie, I knew I could count on you at least.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you sound mad! if you dont want to play then that's fine. as far as throwing to the flats with a 99 speed back maybe you might want to not play man defense and blitz everyone? would it be MORE sim if an 80 speed LB could cover a 99 speed RB in space man to man? maybe the problem isn't all on the game (the game definitely has problems) but also on the way you play defense.

doesn't matter though if you aren't enjoying yourself. i'm still waiting to see someone quit on a WINNING streak rather than a losing streak! funny how losing causes people to "have had it up to here with this game and it's non-sim ways!"

I'm sorry I'm not a god damn Madden guru like you.

CB3

Wellington said:

Your sick of this game because you lost to livewire twice.

I would have chucked my game out the window if that happened

btw blue wellington is right and it was nice to have you around for the 3 seasons. i thought you were done after 3 anyhow but thank you for trying to stick it out for a 4th. hopefully you'll be ready to go when madden '11 or ncaa '11 rolls around. hopefully we'll all be ready and EA has given us some much needed upgrades (imagine how useful full sliders would come in handy these days....)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB3 said:

Damn dude, Live isn't Konex.

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
btw blue wellington is right and it was nice to have you around for the 3 seasons. i thought you were done after 3 anyhow but thank you for trying to stick it out for a 4th. hopefully you'll be ready to go when madden '11 or ncaa '11 rolls around. hopefully we'll all be ready and EA has given us some much needed upgrades (imagine how useful full sliders would come in handy these days....)

I'm not playing NCAA unless shit gets clamped down. The last season I was in there I lost 1 game to ando who abused the fuck out of me with WR screens and another to some other guy who started running the clock down in the third quarter.

Running the clock out is fine and all but midway through the third is ridiculous.

Either way, peace out and enjoy. The months off will let me stop being angry. Promise.

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:

dude you talk so much shit to livewire one of these days he's just going to explode all over you!

otg180.jpg

"They Shootin"

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:

:lol :lol

Not at all dude. I've played Livewire probably more than I've played everyone else in the league combined. In our scrims we're pretty back and forth, it was only a matter of time before it translated to league play. I just feel like I've exhausted anything I want to examine within the game. If I can't experiment and try new things, games get old real fast for me - hence I don't really play many SP games aside from sand box style games (no, not Just Cause 2) and RTS.

Matrix

Well I'm playing Sinistar now, here comes another loss.

LiveWire

CB3 said:

Better keep your windows closed over the next week and a half then.

Oh and what the fuck is up with Bioware. Just beat Dragon Age, good ending (perhaps a little short for my tastes, but I might reload a save and try the alternate ending choices), dramatic music and style/polish all-around, and then after the first credits song rolls, 30 Seconds to Mars comes on....really? Really? I half expected to see "Directed by McG" or "A Michael Bay Game"... smh

I guess I know what to expect when I get around to playing Mass Effect. Maybe Panic at the Disco? Kings of Leon? Paramore? Or some other shitty emo shit?

Matrix

Holy shit fucking A, I barely won and Bjoern got knocked out of the game in the 3rd quarter, not that he was doing much. Not having him on the field makes me feel worthless on O :( My D won that game for me and had a huge 4th down stand, when imo sinistar should have gone for the tying fg.

GG though Sinistar, kinda laggy, but you play really well despite being surround by garbage.

One way to hold Bjoern to under 100 knock him out :(

daw840

GG Astro

That felt COMPLETELY fixed in the 2nd half. I don't know what the hell kind of Voodoo you have going on with Docket but it is complete, utter, smooth and creamy bullshit. I should have a good O-line, I have one of the best rated D-lines in the game and still can't even come close to that kind of pressure.

Oh yeah, and fuck off to everyone who ever complained about me passing to the RB in the flats. I am not laying off that anymore.

daw840 said:
GG Astro

That felt COMPLETELY fixed in the 2nd half. I don't know what the hell kind of Voodoo you have going on with Docket but it is complete, utter, smooth and creamy bullshit. I should have a good O-line, I have one of the best rated D-lines in the game and still can't even come close to that kind of pressure.

Oh yeah, and fuck off to everyone who ever complained about me passing to the RB in the flats. I am not laying off that anymore.

astro and LJ are just really good on the sticks with D-line. honestly, that is a TASTE of what the d-line in this game SHOULD be if you actually have a good d-line. a better D-line cuts down on the scoring, the slot passing people complain about, and a lot of the other things people have problems with. dockett is a handful.... and with haynesworth by his side!

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
astro and LJ are just really good on the sticks with D-line. honestly, that is a TASTE of what the d-line in this game SHOULD be if you actually have a good d-line. a better D-line cuts down on the scoring, the slot passing people complain about, and a lot of the other things people have problems with. dockett is a handful.... and with haynesworth by his side!

But dude, c'mon. Last season with the Williams brothers and Jared Allen I still didn't get anything like that goin on. What button are you hitting to make them shed blocks like that? I hit the right stick left or right, is there another button that makes them just pass through?

daw840 said:
But dude, c'mon. Last season with the Williams brothers and Jared Allen I still didn't get anything like that goin on. What button are you hitting to make them shed blocks like that? I hit the right stick left or right, is there another button that makes them just pass through?

the trick is not to jam on turbo from the get go. engage (without turbo), do your move, and then turbo in. google some strategies on playing d-line. it's not easy or everyone would do it.

in other news, holy shit livewire how have you thrown 17 int's in 6 games? :lol

and bob has 16 td's/1 int with jpout. that's going to change soon.

LukeSmith

daw840 said:

No one's told you about the other button?

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I think I threw that many in a 3 game period with Flacco last season. It was a dark period. Now when I throw 3 in a game, I'm pleased with myself. It's so sad what I've become.

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:

My wide receivers have shitty AWR. Why do you think Gonzalez has 5 TDs on 9 catches? 99 AWR. Bluemax is right, this game is broken. I haven't tired of it, I've just learned to accept the bullshit and try to overcome it.

I'm particularly proud of the work I've done with the Rams. Had I been allowed to play all of their games they'd be 6-0 right now, I guarantee it.

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the trick is not to jam on turbo from the get go. engage (without turbo), do your move, and then turbo in. google some strategies on playing d-line. it's not easy or everyone would do it.

and bob has 16 td's/1 int with jpout. that's going to change soon.

My rookie WR is coming out with a vengeance this season, knowing this is his one and only shot to prove himself.

I have to thank coldblooded for stealing my left end in the 2nd round, made me pick up my rook WR instead who is having a great year!

Birdman02

GG Luke. If Manning (the WR) would've scored on that last tipped pass, there's a good chance I would have broken my 1st controller.

The AFC south just got a little interesting. We'll have to wait and see if it stays that way.

EDIT: I just noticed DeAngelo Williams is out for 4 weeks. Thanks a lot, Luke!

LiveWire said:
My wide receivers have shitty AWR. Why do you think Gonzalez has 5 TDs on 9 catches? 99 AWR. Bluemax is right, this game is broken. I haven't tired of it, I've just learned to accept the bullshit and try to overcome it.

I'm particularly proud of the work I've done with the Rams. Had I been allowed to play all of their games they'd be 6-0 right now, I guarantee it.

you wish bro! i'll let you fill in for them next time i play them.

i've also played 5 out of my first 6 games on the road! home cookin in the 2nd half of the season for me!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
;_;

Edit: Bob already said he isn't playing until Wednesday. AT gets back on Tuesday, and Tuesday is Bob's worse day.

Mrbob

Yeah and what do you want me to do about it since Big AT is the one who is gone and will be till at least Tues night. :lol

FMT you do get me at home, but Jcut is gonna do his virtual thing in San Fran. No 5 int game coming! 5 TD game incoming for Cutler though!

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you wish bro! i'll let you fill in for them next time i play them.

Just one game? I should get them the rest of the season! Damn The Man trying to hold me back! ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA!

3913073_std.jpg

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
Yeah and what do you want me to do about it since Big AT is the one who is gone and will be till at least Tues night. :lol

FMT you do get me at home, but Jcut is gonna do his virtual thing in San Fran. No 5 int game coming! 5 TD game incoming for Cutler though!
Likely story!

When is he getting back?

Birdman02

peterb0y said:
why you hating on my team :(

Because I'm a Tarheel fan....it's what we do!!!

Back to the RPG talk from a couple of pages ago. I picked up Mass Effect in the buy/sell/trade thread. I'm about 5 hours in, and I'm loving it so far. It's even better because my wife likes it too. The only other console game she's played through is Fable 2. Hopefully, she'll get through this one too.

Also, sorry to see you go, Bluemax. I knew it was only a matter of time because you're frustration with the game was pretty obvious. Hopefully, you'll be back for Madden 11.

As for NCAA, I'd be up for college league/dynasty if I'm able to pick up the game this year (doubtful right now). I'll definitely get Madden, but I don't know if I'll be able to buy both.

BigAT

Mrbob said:
Since Big AT is gone till Tuesday boot him and let me play the cpu kthx.

Oh and we probably won't get it in till wed...tues is the worst possible day for me to get a game in and I'm not playing it half asleep. :D Set your timers accordingly!

I'm home and will be around all of tomorrow. DVR 24 or whatever other crap is on tomorrow night and let's do it.

Top Bottom