• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix said:
How do I get in touch with the Lions owner? I don't feel great and don't want to spend hours/days tracking him down.

I can't seem to sign into the league website tonight, so I'm not even 100% sure that's who I play this week.

edit- Whoever I play I'll be free tomorrow from 9 pm est on, so please pm me or leave a post in here. I'll also be free Monday night 9 pm est on as well.

its sinistar. I don't know his full gaf name but I'm guessing PM would be the way to go, but I hear he got aim too

STRIKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Somnia

Panthers! Shoot me a PM or something please and let me know when you can play. Tomorrow I should be good after 6pm cst, but that may change I will update tomorrow. Monday after 7pm cst, Tuesday anytime and Wednesday anytime.

ph33nix said:
this is probably gonna be another game where i score like 35 points and give up 49. oh well!

I'm the toronto raptors of the madden league!

oh i have no doubt you're going to put up points on me. i give up lots of yards and points every game. i'm starting to get some picks, but it's basically all or nothing with my defense at this point: either i give up a TD, or i force a turnover. those are my 2 options on defense.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ughh to that, we have a league thread/GAF for a reason. One random post here and there by the Lions owner makes me feel like the dude isn't even part of the league. I'll log into aim when I feel like it.

I'm feeling pretty crappy today so I don't care if I Bob it this week.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Any time, old man. The only laggy games I've complained about are Crow (even when I win, I'm frustrated. It's no fun at all.) and that one Wellington game. We had a decent connection in the tourney.
Yeah we were clear in the tourney but it's from the north east coast to the south west coast. No excuses for FMT! Same city!

Matrix said:
ughh to that, we have a league thread/GAF for a reason. One random post here and there by the Lions owner makes me feel like the dude isn't even part of the league. I'll log into aim when I feel like it.

I'm feeling pretty crappy today so I don't care if I Bob it this week.

eventually he will check the thread, but if you want the game to get done ASAP then you should contact your opponents on AIM! but if you dont care about timing then it will eventually get done!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I don't care about getting it done right away, other people will :p

btw I have gotten every league game done almost right away via this thread and pm's. Never had to use aim once.

Matrix said:
I don't care about getting it done right away, other people will :p

btw I have gotten every league game done almost right away via this thread and pm's. Never had to use aim once.

then fuck 'em i say! i can't play till friday or saturday anyways :D

KanZolo

Dunno if this has been posted in another thread but you can preorder NCAA or Madden (and Tiger Woods) for $39.99 when you use promo code PAXEAST842.

http://eastore.ea.com/

According to the FAQ's, EA does not charge until the game ships.

QUESTION
When will my credit card be charged?

ANSWER

If you have purchased downloadable products your credit card will be charged the day after your purchase has been placed.

If you have ordered physical products we don't think you should pay for your order until it is actually on its way. We will not bill you until your product(s), including backordered or preordered items, are actually shipped. If your items are shipped separately you will be billed each time an item is shipped.

Mrbob

Matrix is consistently scared to use aim. :lol

Of course, maybe he could go on aim and message sinistar instead of playing RE5 Gold Edition on PS3! I'm spying on j00!

KanZolo said:
Dunno if this has been posted in another thread but you can preorder NCAA or Madden (and Tiger Woods) for $39.99 when you use promo code PAXEAST842.

http://eastore.ea.com/

According to the FAQ's, EA does not charge until the game ships.

thanks for the heads up. considering biting on NCAA but im not sure yet.

as far as madden, i'll stick with amazons $20 coupon with the game. in the end ill for sure be buying another game at some point on amazon, plus with amazon i dont pay shipping or tax

also, speaking of NCAA, how many people would be interested? hopefully they increase the amount of teams allowed (currently at 12!). but i think it would be kind of cool to do seasons in NCAA and then draft out guys in madden! GCQ runs the ncaa 360 league and it looks like there is a good following and they are up to 4 seasons too. seems like it would be pretty cool assuming everyones time allows for 2 serious business leagues!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
also, speaking of NCAA, how many people would be interested? hopefully they increase the amount of teams allowed (currently at 12!). but i think it would be kind of cool to do seasons in NCAA and then draft out guys in madden! GCQ runs the ncaa 360 league and it looks like there is a good following and they are up to 4 seasons too. seems like it would be pretty cool assuming everyones time allows for 2 serious business leagues!

Johnson and Johnson still haven't graduated!

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I'd probably be in for NCAA as crappy Michigan

PBY

Banned
i would love to play NCAA.. but I don't know if I could play with any team besides my Hurricanes (maybe Duke, but god we're miserable)

Jacory-Harris1.jpg

Striker

I played in GCQ's NCAA 2009 league, and it was great. I used Rutgers (I know AT is a big fan).

I might be interested, pending on the money outlook.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Matrix is consistently scared to use aim. :lol

Of course, maybe he could go on aim and message sinistar instead of playing RE5 Gold Edition on PS3! I'm spying on j00!

Maybe I was only playing Resident Evil 5 Gold co-op with my brother who lives in San Fran now and it's the only time I had to play with him. You might stalk me, but you don't know it all!.....

yet :(

edit- I'd play in an NCAA league again...PS3! :p

Striker

I was lucky as shit. Jackson's forced fumble on Ronnie was out of the blue and allowed me to tie it back up. My offense was fairly bad I thought most of the game. OL was being beaten down by rush. Quinn was good on the stat sheet, but threw a piss poor INT. No run game, either.

Off on a BYE next week, and then my first meeting against Wellington. Going to be smashed. :(

I think I've fully recovered from my epic choke job last night. It's ok though because I think I found a defensive configuration that I feel good about even though I choked. I think I'll blame that on striker turning it on and me with some pretty unwise decisions on defense but god damn that loss hurt so bad

DCX

DCX
Striker said:
I was lucky as shit. Jackson's forced fumble on Ronnie was out of the blue and allowed me to tie it back up. My offense was fairly bad I thought most of the game. OL was being beaten down by rush. Quinn was good on the stat sheet, but threw a piss poor INT. No run game, either.

Off on a BYE next week, and then my first meeting against Wellington. Going to be smashed. :(
Dude where's Maybin??

DCX

Matrix

Quickest way to get a league game set my ass Fmt. Sinistar is on aim, but doesn't respond.

Pfft Bob game of the week it is.

GCQuinton

FrenchMovieTheme said:

If we could link the two leagues via the draft classes like you can offline that would indeed be badass. It'd be a nice incentive to following both leagues even if you're not playing in it.

And Somnia, I'll shoot you a PM but I should be free pretty much all day today to play.

Smokey

I'm down for NCAA 11.

I haven't bought a NCAA game since 09?

So it's been 2 years off from it so I'll be ready to get it in.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:

Yeah, I will be getting it. My team should be pretty good, even if half of the defense is graduating to the NFL.

Ophiuchus

Banned
My bad guys I've had a busy weekend I'll be available to play most of the day today so hit me up if your around. I just missed your IM

Mrbob

Don't feel bad. Matrix goes on AIM for one time in about five weeks and whines because you are busy doing something else at the time. :lol If only we could all be on his aim schedule!

Striker

DCX said:
Dude where's Maybin??

DCX
I've been using him in nickel and dime packages as a rush DE.

I can't seem to get to the QB at all this season. Can't view Sable's stats at this moment, but I think I have two sacks in five games. :|

Striker said:
I've been using him in nickel and dime packages as a rush DE.

I can't seem to get to the QB at all this season. Can't view Sable's stats at this moment, but I think I have two sacks in five games. :|

you are tied with the vikes and packers for last in the league in sacks at 2. how the F are the vikings last? their d-line is ridiculous

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you are tied with the vikes and packers for last in the league in sacks at 2. how the F are the vikings last? their d-line is ridiculous
That's crazy considering he's been near the top of the league since we started.

My LBs have been better at sacks and generating pressure than my DL to this point.

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Last-second QB dumpoffs, good O-lines. Plus I don't know how much daw blitzes or controls a D-lineman manually.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
That's crazy considering he's been near the top of the league since we started.

My LBs have been better at sacks and generating pressure than my DL to this point.

Yea, what happened to Sintim? Pretty much a non-factor in our last game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Yea, what happened to Sintim? Pretty much a non-factor in our last game.
Stat-wise yes. He forced a few bad passes. Guys that play me all the time know how to neutralize him, you and CB have a leg up there.

Further, I am more focused on stopping the run now than rushing the passer. I want my opponents to go one dimensional. I started getting exploited with off-tackle runs. As such I hesitate a bit to see whats up then engage make a break from the OT. My job with him is more contain and keep the edge on the right. No one can toss right on me, I am confident of that. With Tuck and Fua/Williams on the left side, tossing left is tough too. I want guys running up the middle. The nine combined tackles of Stroud and Bradley show that at least that part of my game is successful.

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Dline play is busted in this game. Outside of spider senses, a lot of defensive play is completely busted.

This is the arena league season of Madden. One last hurrah with Cutler before I take a break till Madden 11 is out!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Dline play is busted in this game. Outside of spider senses, a lot of defensive play is completely busted.

This is the arena league season of Madden. One last hurrah with Cutler before I take a break till Madden 11 is out!
It's not broken, there are a lot of problems tho. :|

As far as the arena league scores, how many of those are a result of ST TDs, Defensive TDs, or TDs from short fields on turnovers.

Mrbob said:

my D has gotten pretty good pressure this season.

can't wait till we play in a few weeks. i'm going to destroy you

Top Bottom