• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah, he is very freeman-esque in that regard. he was also stopping on a dime and hitting 30 yard bombs with ease -_-

but eventually i found a few plays that allowed me at least a chance to get to him. still tore me up but i hit him a bunch and got some incompletions as well.

p.s. pheeniks unless i can get my hotel internet up and running with the 360 we wont be able to play our game until next friday or saturday. sorry brosef, we'll be the bob game of the week :(

well bob is gonna bob us this week so next friday or saturday is how it was gonna be anyways

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg lonestar. how is it that i can dominate brady but tribow rapes me? :lol

also joey keller out 2 weeks after he fielded an onside kick.... come on dude! thankfully it wasn't worse, he was taken off on a stretcher but then it ended up being broken ribs. english should have had a 158.3 rating but some ridiculous tipped pass got picked :(

Jackie can't hang with Cutz.

Edit: I'm going to try and get my next weeks game done quick so FMT gets CPU'd against PH33nix. Although he'll probably still lose!

Lonestar said:
I should do more drag routes

well i dont know, you threw 2 picks to receivers running "drag" routes

p.s. doesn't matter how fast you play this week, the advance date is wednesday. and if it finishes before wednesday, the next advance date is the following saturday ;)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellie 11381 Online Playing Madden NFL 10
Online Franchise; post-game; 21 - 26

xrrbt.gif

Ill see you soon friend. Your gonna get smashed back down to earth

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
This is why I didn't understand you saying you needed a great QB to replace Brady if you traded him. Why not just use Tribow?

I can think of a 3rd or 4th down conversion attempt that was wide open, and he threw too far to a side. If he was just a little bit more accurate in the 10-15 yard range, then yeah.

Would have done much better, but Brady has his usual crap day, the one that happens every so often. FMT sat back in zone so much of the day, because he knew I was going to be passing so much of it. He knew that without my injured RB, I wouldn't like to run too much with Slaton (who had an ok 6 carries) because he's a fumbling Time Bomb waiting to happen.

LiveWire

Great games Wellington and LJ. Thanks for asking me to play, LJ. Was great practice after another grind-it-out slugfest against Wellington. Both games came down to the end of the 4th quarter, the first was to see if I could hold a slim lead and the second was to see if I could make a successful 2-minute drill. Happy to say that both worked. :)

Some highlights from the Rams game:

Steven Jackson beasting with the Rams' first TD in the 2nd quarter:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18351443

Unfortunately, later in the 2nd he sustained an injury, a serious achilles sprain. Rams' offense stalled until mid 3rd, when Bulger found the speedster Burton:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18351361

Then Steven told Coach LiveWire, "Load up the sled." Despite the assistant coaches' and medical staffs' strenuous objections, Coach LiveWire allowed Jackson to carry the ball, and like a true champion, he fought through injury, carrying the Rams 56 yards for a touchdown:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18351400

But the Bills' remained persistent. Rookie QB Tristan Riley completed his 3rd TD pass of the game late in the 4th, and it was up to Bulger to lead the team to a comeback victory. With several close calls, and support from the ageless Torry Holt, Bulger finally connected with The Slowest Tight End In The World, Visanthe Shiancoe, for a 14 yard game-winning touchdown:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18351356

THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF IS BACK. Rams fans, buy back your season tickets! Load up the bandwagon! We're headed to North Texas!

LJ11

Good game Live. Jackson killed me, and my LBs came up soft during the two minute drill. Love how Jackson cuts on a dime with a pulled hammie. :lol

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Then Steven told Coach LiveWire, "Load up the sled." Despite the assistant coaches' and medical staffs' strenuous objections, Coach LiveWire allowed Jackson to carry the ball, and like a true champion, he fought through injury, carrying the Rams 56 yards for a touchdown:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18351400
:lol Reminds me of my McFadden highlights.

Guess Achilles heel sprain and torn hammy are the same animation.:lol

http://www.easports.com/media/play/highlight-reel/8620345

Lonestar said:
I can think of a 3rd or 4th down conversion attempt that was wide open, and he threw too far to a side. If he was just a little bit more accurate in the 10-15 yard range, then yeah.

Would have done much better, but Brady has his usual crap day, the one that happens every so often. FMT sat back in zone so much of the day, because he knew I was going to be passing so much of it. He knew that without my injured RB, I wouldn't like to run too much with Slaton (who had an ok 6 carries) because he's a fumbling Time Bomb waiting to happen.

i didn't even know your RB was injured, i thought slaton was your starter. not sure why you didn't run more with him, you saw what happened on his ridiculous TD run where he broke like 7 tackles. i get the fumble thing (same with gore), but you have to let your players play brah!

i usually play more zone than man because i have slow corners (except bowman), but when tebow was playing more i started going with more of a man look and trying to flush you out. he is too deadly against the zone when he can scramble out of pressure and wait for someone to break the zone.

DCX

DCX
Livewire is world beater now? NFC Beast is going to beat each other while the south will send three teams into the playoffs :p

DCX

DMczaf

(5:25:20 PM) Magnoggin: Since I am banned, can make sure Bluemax knows and contacts me via AIM about play times
(5:25:27 PM) Magnoggin: *can you

Lonestar

wow, at least I can see someone can beat LJ. Wow :(

Any one want Brady? Quick, before the week is over!

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
(5:25:20 PM) Magnoggin: Since I am banned, can make sure Bluemax knows and contacts me via AIM about play times
(5:25:27 PM) Magnoggin: *can you
I think he has a self impossed ban on this thread, so tell Magnoggin bluemax's aim name. I think it's "superskahero" or something.

Checked and it is.

Lonestar said:
wow, at least I can see someone can beat LJ. Wow :(

Any one want Brady? Quick, before the week is over!

should have traded with daw when you had the chance! the only other taker on brady was zep..... and who knows where he is!

LukeSmith

If Zep is gone we should revisit the whole "no CPU teams getting played out by players" - lord knows 10 wins probably clinches the NFC West :lol

Apparently no one can stop Livewire

LukeSmith said:
If Zep is gone we should revisit the whole "no CPU teams getting played out by players" - lord knows 10 wins probably clinches the NFC West :lol

Apparently no one can stop Livewire

wtf NFC west had the #1 seed last season! people are letting their opinions of the REAL LIFE nfc west spill over into our league! we don't have to take this!

p.s. i told LJ to just play the CPU but he insisted on playing a human opponent! rams aren't winning the west, human or not! i guarantee it!

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
rams aren't winning the west, human or not! i guarantee it!

You're scared to face the Rams with me controlling them. Admit it! Just for you, Marc Bulger is dedicating this season to Kurt and Brenda Warner.

Kurt Warner killed Marc Bulger and is now wearing his skin Silence of the Lambs-style.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
You're right. Season 1 I beat down 3 out of you 4, no need to comment indeed!
Eh. That was a laggy ass game. It was worse than playing Crow. And what makes it worse is that you didn't feel any of it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
daw840 said:
Astro, looks like I have you next. Tomorrow should be good. Let me know.
cool i get back in town tomorrow night

wellie i saw your message i think you said wed? i can probably do that but on weeknights i can't play before 9 b/c of work

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you said our MLB game was laggy, and it felt smooth to me! maybe it's YOUR connection huh!
You connection is laggy as hell. Hence the constant disconnects! But our Madden game was smoove. And the MLB wasn't pure lag. It was just laggy. Not unplayable.

You never notice lag, though. You're the one that says MVC2 has no lag. smh Meanwhile, you're jumping in the corner trying to throw a simple fireball unsuccessfully.:lol

Rorschach said:
You connection is laggy as hell. Hence the constant disconnects! But our Madden game was smoove. And the MLB wasn't pure lag. It was just laggy. Not unplayable.

You never notice lag, though. You're the one that says MVC2 has no lag. smh Meanwhile, you're jumping in the corner trying to throw a simple fireball unsuccessfully.:lol

that is more because of the controller!

but mlb wasn't "laggy" on my end, only a couple instances where it lagged. i don't know what to say! but i will say our superbowl matchup was incredibly laggy, that is why i lost! i want a rematch!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
cool i get back in town tomorrow night

wellie i saw your message i think you said wed? i can probably do that but on weeknights i can't play before 9 b/c of work
Are you Astroladding me? I was just messing around trying to set up the Daw Game of the Week, but it's clear that the title should be NFC North Game of the Week.

Striker

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the teams who would be most interested in Brady are jags, browns, panthers, cardinals (please no)
I have nothing to offer for such a player. Many guys went down in progressions (thumbs up EA!; draft fiasco aside...).

Joe Thomas and Sneed are the only two true tier players, but nobody would deal a high QB for a high OT. And Sneed is the only player on my defense that's worth shit this season.

I've been anxious for this Jack English/James Kelly showdown

except that my defense will be much more forgiving to Jack English :(

Lonestar

Striker said:
I have nothing to offer for such a player. Many guys went down in progressions (thumbs up EA!; draft fiasco aside...).

Joe Thomas and Sneed are the only two true tier players, but nobody would deal a high QB for a high OT. And Sneed is the only player on my defense that's worth shit this season.

I'd think about Thomas and your Center, for Brady, Vollmer, and my Center :p

ph33nix said:
I've been anxious for this Jack English/James Kelly showdown

except that my defense will be much more forgiving to Jack English :(

english won't take no for an answer. so you better hurt him early is all i can say!

on the other hand, you won't have to face JK. but now i bring broussard out of the bullpen! he's not so bad either to assist gore in the gashing of your run defense!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
that is more because of the controller!

but mlb wasn't "laggy" on my end, only a couple instances where it lagged. i don't know what to say! but i will say our superbowl matchup was incredibly laggy, that is why i lost! i want a rematch!
Any time, old man. The only laggy games I've complained about are Crow (even when I win, I'm frustrated. It's no fun at all.) and that one Wellington game. We had a decent connection in the tourney.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
english won't take no for an answer. so you better hurt him early is all i can say!

on the other hand, you won't have to face JK. but now i bring broussard out of the bullpen! he's not so bad either to assist gore in the gashing of your run defense!

this is probably gonna be another game where i score like 35 points and give up 49. oh well!

I'm the toronto raptors of the madden league!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
How do I get in touch with the Lions owner? I don't feel great and don't want to spend hours/days tracking him down.

I can't seem to sign into the league website tonight, so I'm not even 100% sure that's who I play this week.

edit- Whoever I play I'll be free tomorrow from 9 pm est on, so please pm me or leave a post in here. I'll also be free Monday night 9 pm est on as well.

Top Bottom