• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

BigAT

Assuming that one gets played, here is what's remaining:

Bucs/Broncos
49ers/Jets
Panthers/Lions
Browns/Ravens
Vikings/Texans

daw840

BigAT said:
Assuming that one gets played, here is what's remaining:

Bucs/Broncos
49ers/Jets
Panthers/Lions
Browns/Ravens
Vikings/Texans

Sooo, am I playing the CPU?

Please let me have a free win! I need them.

Bah, who am I kidding, there is still a real chance I may lose. :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Didn't fifty take over for the Texans? If he can bang that and his other game out, down to 2 not counting FMT's.

GCQuinton

I PM'ed Sinistar earlier this morning and haven't heard anything back yet.

If you happen to pop in the thread I should be free from around 6 to 10 EST tonight so let me know.

Somnia

Lonestar said:
Please sit your guys for our game, Ror. It's late enough in the season!

Oh, this is for Somnia, since who knows if he'll see this reply:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20632202&postcount=298

Oh, and...

CB3Mad-1.jpg
CB3Mad-1.jpg
CB3Mad-1.jpg
CB3Mad-1.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Ya I wasn't watching closely but I heard a lot of shots so you might be right!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
the spring update is out so if any of you are trying to fit your game into a tight window turn the xbox on 10 minutes early or so

LiveWire

CB3 said:
the spring update is out so if any of you are trying to fit your game into a tight window turn the xbox on 10 minutes early or so

Is this the last Madden update? Did they convert McNabb to the Skins yet?

LiveWire

CB3 said:
is the system update that adds USB storage options

Ah, interesting. Can we finally transfer save files to other people's 360s without buying expensive custom MS products?

I'll be heading home in about 10 minutes, I'll try to get online as quick as I can.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
I would kill for spectator mode for this!
- full sable stat tracking for the online franchise
- spectator mode ( no cheez ever mode )
- locamotion engine

:) 1-3 aint bad.

DCX

DMczaf

A dude who played NCAA 11 last week says the physics and momentum play really close to FIFA 10. He said footwork and momentum were much more important, and ratings are key to these factors.

Please be in Madden!

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
A dude who played NCAA 11 last week says the physics and momentum play really close to FIFA 10. He said footwork and momentum were much more important, and ratings are key to these factors.

Please be in Madden!
I have always wanted physics based gameplay in sports games. 2K s engine did a great job in faking it, but a true physics based engine in Madden will go a long way to providing a true to sport sim. No more Vick like play from average QBs or BJAC like power and protak from the likes of a third stringer.

DCX

DMczaf

DCX said:
I have always wanted physics based gameplay in sports games. 2K s engine did a great job in faking it, but a true physics based engine in Madden will go a long way to providing a true to sport sim. No more Vick like play from average QBs or BJAC like power and protak from the likes of a third stringer.

DCX

http://traditionfootball.com/index.php/2010/04/locomotion-is-in-ncaa-11/

Locomotion is in baby… and boy is it a gamechanger. No more defensive ends chasing down HB’s on the edge.. no more linebackers jetting around the field like Barry Sanders, cutting on dimes and able to cover massive amounts of ground.

Finally ratings other than speed will matter for something. Acceleration is going to play a huge role this year. Along with agility, these two will have a huge effect of a players quickness and ability to change direction. Size is also a big factor. The bigger a player is, the harder it is for him to get his weight going in the other direction. This is very noticeable when a smallish scatback cuts back a run and you see the big hogmollies up front struggle to get back in their lanes.

Not only does it have singular effect on each player, but it seems to also have a larger impact on the overall play when the offense uses mis-direction type plays… the defense can really get burned if they are over persuing or really buy into the fake or counter action.

It was really nice to see a HB get around the corner it situations where he obviously should. The opportunity for big plays seems to be more organic, with vision and planned cuts working to a RB’s advantage this year. Patience as a runner will be key, you can definitely setup defenders more this season.

I will recount a specific instance where i thought to myself, this is gonna be a nice addition to the game… I was playing Justin Dewiel of EA Sports at community week and he scrambled outside with Ohio State’s QB… i raced to the sideline to meet him and pound him out of bounds.. but with locomotion the QB was able to stop and cut it back inside, while my linebacker’s momentum carried him out of bounds as he grasped for the QB with one arm… it was a really neat animation.

Overall, my impressions of this feature were really good.. it’s going to add something to the game on multiple levels. The QB run is going to be much stronger in ‘11 with athletic QB’s… get your Spy defenses ready.

Just put him on the cover, fellas

freeman.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ACC "meaning something" is hilarious. Reminds me of last year when they announced weather would have finally have a "real" effect in some game (Madden or FIFA). My whole life is a lie.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB up 28-6 in the second.

Locomotion is in baby… and boy is it a gamechanger. No more defensive ends chasing down HB’s on the edge.. no more linebackers jetting around the field like Barry Sanders, cutting on dimes and able to cover massive amounts of ground.

They know that this....... actually happens in real life, right?

DCX

DCX
I'm sure they will make it so LBs and Safeties with high tck and hitpower will destroy these silky playmakers.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
I'm sure they will make it so LBs and Safeties with high tck and hitpower will destroy these silky playmakers.

DCX
No, probably not. Improvements to WRs, reducing play making abilities of LBs and DEs. All in the name of making the game "simple" and "fun" I guess. Can't wait to see the scores in next year's franchise. :|

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
No, probably not. Improvements to WRs, reducing play making abilities of LBs and DEs. All in the name of making the game "simple" and "fun" I guess. Can't wait to see the scores in next year's franchise. :|
they better balance this shit out, defensive play has always been lacking. Locamotion has to make tackling easier, once you get and contain the ball carrier.

DCX

Mrbob

Tiburon will screw this up somehow. There will be animation exploits with this new "locomotion" momentum based system.

Having said this, I hope the system is in Madden 11. I have no interest in NCAA 11, and I'm sick of the current animation system in madden.

DMczaf

He posted more on OS

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...-tradition-football-reviews-locomotion-4.html

It's not as firm as FIFA but not as floaty as Madden... make sense? In a sense it's like FIFA because players will have to use footwork animations to wind down the directional movement and then go in the other direction... but you don't get the firm "grip" on the field that you get in FIFA... it's good in NCAA, just not exactly like FIFA.. but it's still ALPHA version of the game and i know they where constantly tweaking things, heck i think i played 3 different builds in 3 days.

Q:The animation where the defender slips in the video, did that occur a lot in gameplay? Was it in realistic situations? Too much? Too little?

A:it seemed to happen in the normal flow of the game. On a hard cutback or in a situation of over persuit. I don't recall thinking myself that this particular animation was happening too often or two seldom.

Q:How did locomotion effect the balance between offense/defense? I know you said it makes athletic QBs more dangerous, but as a whole does it swing the balance in one direction or another?

A:Not only does it have singular effect on each player, but it seems to also have a larger impact on the overall play when the offense uses mis-direction type plays… the defense can really get burned if they are over persuing or really buy into the fake or counter action.

Q:Was there anything you didn't like about how it was implemented?

A:When they add a feature that brings so much realism to the game, it's hard to find negatives in such a short period time. I was too blown away by the physics to really analyze small flaws. I'm sure their will be some flaws the first year of implementation, but i didn't see anything glaring.

Q:Was it still being tweaked, or do you think what you saw was pretty much how it will be in the retail version? Overall impression of it?

A:considering i probably played 3 builds in 3 days, i would say everything is still being looked at.

overall i think it's a huge improvement on how players will move in the game and how ratings will impact that movement.

LiveWire

gg CB! I had a chance for the comeback until you demolished Hall on the punt return. 37-28 with 4 minutes left might have been doable, turnover there was game over. And even then it should've been 35-28, the safety at the end of the first half was greed and stupidity on my part. :/ After the Hall fumble it was just hail mary prayer time. :lol Played too risky in the first half, the second half was much better.

Would much rather have been 5-1, but very happy with 4-2 in the East. Achieved goal #1! Now to try and keep my head above water in the NFC South matchups. :(

LiveWire

Wellington said:
They know that this....... actually happens in real life, right?

Hopefully they mean no more DEs instantly breaking blocks and sprinting immediately full-speed laterally upon player control. Hopefully it means every player, including offense, is less instant turbo-ey. But knowing EA, they'll fuck this up somehow.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
so basically in 2011 defenses can get owned even harder. good to know. that was one thing i noticed about madden is that it needed more ways to burn the d

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wellington said:
Lonestar, DCX, Smokey, Bob.... look what Rors made:

ou8w0x.gif

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom