• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LiveWire

Yea, I did. After the first week no one seemed to care so I stopped. Maybe I'll just do it for the first season in Madden 11. After all there have been a lot of changes among many teams in the NFL, so with people have 4 seasons of play and new toys at their disposal, the tiers will be shaken up a little bit next year.
pheeniks will still be on the lowest tier

Somnia

AstroLad said:
Somnia you wanna play tonight mah man. Usually after 9EST I can play.

I'm actually free anytime from now till whenever tonight. I'll be on AIM, but I might lay down for a bit, but I'll be back by 9pm cst no matter what.

BigAT

Mrbob said:
Heh, there are two true Madden elites in this league. LJ and Rors. It is an event when either one are defeated. I still can't believe Livewire took down LJ with the Rams. He'll probably crush me. :/ Unlike my green and gold friend, I plan on having Live use the Rams (since he seems to be the official unofficial owner) when we play versus cruising against the CPU. :D
Says the guy that played against the CPU Broncos at the end of last season even though there were plenty of subs clamoring to fill in! After I not only had to face the real Broncos, I had to have a fill-in play (and lose) for me.

I'm undefeated against the "true elites"!
1-0!

GG DCX the 1-5-5 is certainly a strong d and you mixed it in well.

Turning point was this TAINT before half (had to dodge around a bit but got there, although if ryan hadn't blocked douglas he would have caught me). glad porter finally took one back, he's having a monster year so far.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18664585

this krtd also didn't help although you instantly scored after it with a bomb to white:
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18664632

Also not sure what this fake fg was about at the end but I found it funny
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18664681

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
Says the guy that played against the CPU Broncos at the end of last season even though there were plenty of subs clamoring to fill in! After I not only had to face the real Broncos, I had to have a fill-in play (and lose) for me.

1-0!
Well difference is, if he lost that game he would not have made the playoffs and he knows it. When the cards are on the table, cowards choose the easy way out. 15 of the Broncos games were played even with sub-gate. Only his was not subbed for.

He's going to be talking shit when I play CPU Steelers in Week 16.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
BigAT said:

1-0!

I'm 1-0 against you :D

Smokey

LukeSmith said:
I think I'm 2-3 or something against LJ, 0-3 against Rors, somewhere near .500 against Birdman and then my record against everyone else is pretty dominant. Sorry rest of the league!

My games against those 3 are usually my favorites of the people I play in the AFC.
LJ and Rors for the chess match
Birdman because the games are always close and I know he breaks stuff in his home if he loses!

1-0 is dominant now?

gtfo

Mrbob

Haha, I tried to get someone to play and the only one who would show up was CB. There were not plenty of people showing up, just one! He was a potential playoff opponent two weeks later, so that is why I didn't do it! But I guess we will be officially "even" now, AT!

And Wellington I beat you head to head, finished with the same record as you with an overall tougher schedule. Don't get mad at me, get mad at the Cowboys for stealing your playoff spot. :lol You also cheesed two CPU wins last season by finishing the game out instead of replaying them, don't forget it!

PBY

Banned
gg pheenix... damn i fell apart there at the end

but nothings gonna bring me down tonight because ITS THE FUCKING CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

go duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

LukeSmith

Smokey said:
1-0 is dominant now?

gtfo

Oh yeah, I was talking about you specifically, not my overall winning percentage against the rest of the league. You Sensitive Sally.

Where's the image of the little girl in the sandbox looking sad?

Smokey

LukeSmith said:
Oh yeah, I was talking about you specifically, not my overall winning percentage against the rest of the league. You Sensitive Sally.

Where's the image of the little girl in the sandbox looking sad?

hahaha

is your sarcasm meter broken too?!!

peterb0y said:
gg pheenix... damn i fell apart there at the end

but nothings gonna bring me down tonight because ITS THE FUCKING CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

go duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

duke can suck a dick, butler by 4.

i called it

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DMczaf said:
That's why I didn't boot you

They always come back.
hwuwuf.gif

Somnia

Man Astro and I had a hell of a game going and then we lost connection in the 3rd =( time to restart so I can lose 44-7 or something :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Two great games Somnia until Madden decided to turn on Offensive Boosts in Q4 of our second game. So much for playing gritty defense! I was lucky to sneak in some third-down passes at the end b/c if you had gotten the ball back I was sure you'd win. DRC TAINT was the gamebreaker though; it was like in both games Madden didn't want to let either one of us break away.

Somnia

AstroLad said:
Two great games Somnia until Madden decided to turn on Offensive Boosts in Q4 of our second game. So much for playing gritty defense! I was lucky to sneak in some third-down passes at the end b/c if you had gotten the ball back I was sure you'd win. DRC TAINT was the gamebreaker though; it was like in both games Madden didn't want to let either one of us break away.

:lol the last few minutes were a bit crazy. I did everything I could to double up Fitz cause I knew you'd throw to him on the 3rd and shorts, but nada.

Great games though. Cowboys season is officially coming to an end real fast. At least I got another 100+ yard game out of Felix which I did not see happening against you at all (granted 61 yds was from 1 play).

LiveWire said:
You have beaten elite players? News to my ears!

I never said I did.

The fact is that everybody is going to be surprised when either of us beat an elite player. That's not changing. So I guess that's why you feel the need to go out of your way to talk trash about your fellow lower-level madden player.

Rorschach

Livewire had the greatest upset of all time when he beat Sickboy to get me into the playoffs in a game that meant nothing to him! I won my first SB that year and it kept Cloudy out. :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Livewire had the greatest upset of all time when he beat Sickboy to get me into the playoffs in a game that meant nothing to him! I won my first SB that year and it kept Cloudy out. :D
:lol :lol :lol

I remember that. :(

LiveWire

Rorschach said:

Ironically enough it was my only win of the season with the Dolphins that year, on an overtime TD pass to Camarillo--just like the real-life Dolphins did against the Ravens to avoid 0-16. :lol

Oh and pheeniks:

deal_with_it.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
storybook77 said:
Posted this in the NCAA thread but it needs to be in here too since Madden will also use the new locomotion engine. Ian will address Madden's use of it on Wednesday.

http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=locomotion
Let's be real here. It'll be awesome for NCAA and halfassed for Madden. And, it will be in NCAA 11 fully realized, but in Madden 12 half assed.

Maybe next year Madden will have a fully functional franchise like NCAA has had since the game from a year and 8 months ago. Maybe.

Wellington said:
Let's be real here. It'll be awesome for NCAA and halfassed for Madden. And, it will be in NCAA 11 fully realized, but in Madden 12 half assed.

Maybe next year Madden will have a fully functional franchise like NCAA has had since the game from a year and 8 months ago. Maybe.

We'll see. Since NCAA has a new lead and Madden 10 was at least a step in the right direction from the Ortiz days, I hope they'll both make strides like the NHL series did. That series and its design team should be their inspiration. Oh, and it wouldn't hurt to take some cues from MLB The Show team as well, there are some flaws in it but they do a great job of trying to fix most of the issues in a somewhat timely fashion.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Starting with this week's games there's a lot of matchups with playoff implications in the NFC coming up already. There are a lot of teams at 4-3 and above.

This week:
Cowboys/Cards
Redskins/Eagles
Saints/Falcons

Next week:
Saints/Packers
Falcons/Redskins
Bucs/Giants

Following week:
Eagle/Bucs
Giants/Niners
Cards/Packers
Cowboys/Saints

Tough stretch for Sable and DM. Sable gets totally fucked - Falcons, Packers, Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, easy win, Falcons, Chargers, Raiders. Murderer's row. :lol At least he has that easy one near the end to break it up. Cowboys still alive with 5 losses thanks to MTC. Will have to go on a huge run tho.

Wellington said:
Starting with this week's games there's a lot of matchups with playoff implications in the NFC coming up already. There are a lot of teams at 4-3 and above.

This week:
Cowboys/Cards
Redskins/Eagles
Saints/Falcons

Next week:
Saints/Packers
Falcons/Redskins
Bucs/Giants

Following week:
Eagle/Bucs
Giants/Niners
Cards/Packers
Cowboys/Saints

Tough stretch for Sable and DM. Sable gets totally fucked - Falcons, Packers, Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, easy win, Falcons, Chargers, Raiders. Murderer's row. :lol At least he has that easy one near the end to break it up. Cowboys still alive with 5 losses thanks to MTC. Will have to go on a huge run tho.

:lol I just looked over the schedule again and you marked the easy win down as my game vs you, never stop Eeyore-ing. So basically I have no easy games and am screwed playoff hunt wise. Going to need to go on a tear, probably need 10 wins at least to get in so I need 5 more wins. Maybe rors will be resting players by the last week?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
:lol I just looked over the schedule again and you marked the easy win down as my game vs you, never stop Eeyore-ing. So basically I have no easy games and am screwed playoff hunt wise. Going to need to go on a tear, probably need 10 wins at least to get in so I need 5 more wins. Maybe rors will be resting players by the last week?
If Rors rests his guys that means that he'll play guys with OVRs in the 60s.... Aka his season 1 roster in which he went like 13-3. :lol

Rorschach

sableholic said:
I know McFadden and DHB won't be there. They might break.

[edit] Oh yeah, Fitch might be out too. AJ can stay. He's too beastly to get hurt <3

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:

This week:
Cowboys/Cards
Redskins/Eagles
Saints/Falcons

Next week:
Saints/Packers
Falcons/Redskins
Bucs/Giants

Following week:
Eagle/Bucs
Giants/Niners
Cards/Packers
Cowboys/Saints

The NE game is sort of a must-win for me even though I'm 5-3, because after that I have GB and BUF.

Rorschach

FMT said I could sub for him if he was the last game. It could happen since boobles has a bye week, but there are still 6 games left.

Top Bottom