• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ph33nix said:
I must have missed some memo
bhelwg.jpg

BigAT

Wellington said:
Lonestar, DCX, Smokey, Bob.... look what Rors made:

ou8w0x.gif
I just finished watching the episode. Jesus, how did you even think to come up with this? Besides the fact it's an incredibly brief moment in the episode, he never even puts on his sunglasses! That whole GIF is a reversal of him taking them off.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
I just finished watching the episode. Jesus, how did you even think to come up with this? Besides the fact it's an incredibly brief moment in the episode, he never even puts on his sunglasses! That whole GIF is a reversal of him taking them off.

Ripclawe had posted the .gif in the Lost thread and it was pretty badass. I asked Rors what .gif maker he used so I could make a "Deal With It" animation and before the download was done he reversed the gif and added the words. Thanks again, Rors!

Notice the car in the background going in reverse.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DenogginizerOS said:
I keep hearing good things about this Lost show. Perhaps I should watch a few episodes...

It can only be started at the beginning. Or everything would be Lost to you.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
What is the dill with the remaining games? Any chance of advancing tonight?

I just want to know what my level of excitement needs to be today because being disappointed can be fucking crushing.

Smokey

DenogginizerOS said:
I keep hearing good things about this Lost show. Perhaps I should watch a few episodes...

Do what I did.

Sign up for Netflix $8.95 a month and stream seasons 1-5. I thought this shit was stupid as hell (I knew about certain things going into it because I thought I'll never watch it anyway).

Well I gave it a chance and watched the first few episodes and after that it was a wrap. I got caught up in the span of like 3 weeks, it gets real addicting.

This final season is actually the first season that I've followed on TV.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nightz said:
Yeah I hope we advance tonight. I'd like to continue with the "kill me now" portion of my schedule.
Holy shit.

Last year's SB champ, Season 1's SB Champ, Perennial AFC Contender, Easy game, Easy Game, Top player in our league, Last year's NFC Beast champ.

At least you get two back to back guaranteed wins there. Still, elite competition though. Somnia is way underrated too. 2-5 is better than 0-7 I guess. :(

Nightz

Wellington said:
Holy shit.

Raiders, Chargers, Colts, easy win, easy win, Bills, Cowboys.

At least you get two back to back guaranteed wins there. Still, elite competition though. Somnia is way underrated too. 2-5 is better than 0-7 I guess. :(
2u4798p.jpg

Never change, Wellie! :lol Heck, even the robo Steelers can be tough.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nightz said:
Never change, Wellie! :lol Heck, even the robo Steelers can be tough.
You're right I am sorry, there's only one guaranteed win there. The Steelers did beat Fifty, so they may be able to upset you too.

I get Bucs/Niners next. I finish the season with Saints/Eagles/Robo Steelers/Eagles. >:|

Lonestar

I had Colts and Bills back to back. Would have had Steelers/Colts/Bills, when I figured it was Ram at the time, who's always a tough customer.

About to hit another rough stretch of Cardinals (and the infamous DT's + Fitz Attack), another loss to the Bills, and the Tough Jaguars (hey, if someone can have a winning record against Luke and LJ, then they have dat swagga). Throw in the Texan's afterwards, but I have no clue who is in charge of them.

But then again, I was somehow fortunate to have people leave the league, creating CPU games. Steelers, Titans, Seahawks and Rams, and maybe Texans. And no, if I can just quickly get the CPU game over with, with a win, I don't care. No shame in it for me :p

So, the games that are left aren't being play because....?

DM has a CPU, Striker has a CPU (maybe? What IS Fifty doing?), Quinton has Sinistar, who to be honest, should be removed. He's not around much, has had issues being contacted, and just had a "I'm leaving ok I'm not" spell.

And that Jet's versus CPU game too.

daw840

Lonestar said:
I had Colts and Bills back to back. Would have had Steelers/Colts/Bills, when I figured it was Ram at the time, who's always a tough customer.

About to hit another rough stretch of Cardinals (and the infamous DT's + Fitz Attack), another loss to the Bills, and the Tough Jaguars (hey, if someone can have a winning record against Luke and LJ, then they have dat swagga). Throw in the Texan's afterwards, but I have no clue who is in charge of them.

But then again, I was somehow fortunate to have people leave the league, creating CPU games. Steelers, Titans, Seahawks and Rams, and maybe Texans. And no, if I can just quickly get the CPU game over with, with a win, I don't care. No shame in it for me :p

DM has a CPU, Striker has a CPU (maybe? What IS Fifty doing?), Quinton has Sinistar, who to be honest, should be removed. He's not around much, has had issues being contacted, and just had a "I'm leaving ok I'm not" spell.

I think by Striker, you meant Daw. And yes, I can play whenever if I am playing the CPU, I can also play Fifty. I don't really care. But I haven't seen Fifty post in a while.

Lonestar

daw840 said:
I think by Striker, you meant Daw. And yes, I can play whenever if I am playing the CPU, I can also play Fifty. I don't really care. But I haven't seen Fifty post in a while.

No, it shows Striker (Browns) playing the Ravens, who doesn't have an owner, because he's in as the Texans.

I don't know who's in anymore.

BigAT

daw840 said:
Striker has the Ravens, which is currently a CPU team. So you are both in weird situations.

Smokey

I don't have a muderous row of games like I did last season. I also got Rors out of the way in the first 3 weeks of the season:lol . Still have some tough games here and there left, but not a string of death like I've had before.

Nightz will be a tough customer though. My stud rookie RB is out for 2 more weeks too which could make things harder :/

daw840

Lonestar said:
No, it shows Striker (Browns) playing the Ravens, who doesn't have an owner, because he's in as the Texans.

I don't know who's in anymore.

Ah, that makes sense. LOL, sorry I am at work and can't really get on the Madden site

Lonestar

Smokey said:
I don't have a muderous row of games like I did last season. I also got Rors out of the way in the first 3 weeks of the season:lol . Still have some tough games here and there left, but not a string of death like I've had before.

Nightz will be a tough customer though. My stud rookie RB is out for 2 more weeks too which could make things harder :/

Myron Wilson huh? He was a tempting choice to pick up in the 2nd or 3rd. Close to a Bjeorn type (but not as good). Downside: Low Carry and Low INJ rating.

But since the LB's I wanted were gone, and Taylor who was either the #1 or #2 HB in the class was available, I went with him.

Birdman02

I think I might have the most brutal schedule to finish up the season, especially the last 6. Robo Steelers, Texans (?), Pats, Bills, Colts, Bears, Raiders, CPU Titans (who I only beat thanks to a TAINT on OT).

Best case scenario is probably a 4-4 record, which would put me at 10-6 and probably out of the playoffs again. :(

Smokey

Lonestar said:
Myron Wilson huh? He was a tempting choice to pick up in the 2nd or 3rd. Close to a Bjeorn type (but not as good). Downside: Low Carry and Low INJ rating.

But since the LB's I wanted were gone, and Taylor who was either the #1 or #2 HB in the class was available, I went with him.

Yup :(

I have been using them as a potent 1-2 punch the entire season too.

so now I have to hope that Turner doesn't get hurt otherwise it's airmail special the rest of the way:lol

Rorschach

AstroLad said:
You play Rors unless we can't otherwise finish today, in which case you wait for FMT I guess.
I don't think we're moving on any of these games. He'll probably end up playing FMT on Friday.

Lonestar said:

Crow isn't playing anymore? I played him for the first game so I'm just wondering why he is CPU now.

Striker

Hope Fifty says something today. Haven't seen him much on XBL, AIM, or here. I can play tonight after 11:30 PM EST if you are around, Fifty.

Rorschach

sableholic said:
Crow isn't playing anymore? I played him for the first game so I'm just wondering why he is CPU now.
Went back to school. He and DM have tried to play it a couple times, but they keep getting disconnected. His campus connection is garbage for Madden.

LukeSmith

ph33nix said:
I have luke next and won't have randy moss for the next 4 weeks

my kelly-moss joy has been killed...what do i play for now :(

You play for Joseph Addai's revenge. That's what you play for, Pheenix.

Rorschach said:
Went back to school. He and DM have tried to play it a couple times, but they keep getting disconnected. His campus connection is garbage for Madden.

I think I played him on his campus connection. We kept getting disconnected at the start. I friend requested him and set it as a preferred player and stopped picking a alternate uniform
all of which probably had nothing to do with it
and all of a sudden it worked.

Man college has changed since I graduated (couple years ago), the internet there was blazing fast. Then again I went to a tech school (RIT) and they were part of the internet 2 consortium.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:
Realistically though two of the games involve fifty, so if he's free that's two down. then it's just crow v cpu and you v denog.

guess the only wildcard is the sinistro game

if fifty can't make it tho more than happy to wait as he's always one of the most on top of it dude's in term of getting games played and also all around just a wonderful person

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
fifty just texted me, he's just been busy setting up the octagon for ufc 112 INVINCIBLE. apparently they need all the help they can get over in abu dhabi. (j/k he is not in abu dhabi, but the UFC does need all the help it can get putting that together)

he's away from his CPU right now but he can play 5 to midnight eastern today so just drop him a pm

so i guess the sinistro game is the only one in question simit.jpg

daw840

AstroLad said:
fifty just texted me, he's just been busy setting up the octagon for ufc 112 INVINCIBLE. apparently they need all the help they can get over in abu dhabi. (j/k he is not in abu dhabi, but the UFC does need all the help it can get putting that together)

he's away from his CPU right now but he can play 5 to midnight eastern today so just drop him a pm

so i guess the sinistro game is the only one in question simit.jpg

Got to go help my friend get his new scooter (lol,
like they say, like bangin a fat chick, tons of fun until your friends find out
) home from where he bought it since you need a Motorcycle license to ride it. So I should be around sometime later tonight.

BigAT

GCQuinton said:
I PM'ed Sinistar earlier this morning and haven't heard anything back yet.

If you happen to pop in the thread I should be free from around 6 to 10 EST tonight so let me know.
Just a heads up, the best way to get in touch with Sinistar is on AIM (sinistar28).

Mrbob

Reading the article it sounds like a version of locomotion is already in Madden 10. But this is getting ripped out and replaced by a new system. The videos looked slightly promising, but we will be going on 5 years now and possibly getting a madden that is finally better than Madden 05 xbox. I still worry their new locomotion system will break something in the game. Of course it probably isn't possible for player controlled running backs to abuse AI defender animations around blocks on toss plays any worse than they are in Madden 10.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Mrbob said:
Of course it probably isn't possible for player controlled running backs to abuse AI defender animations around blocks on toss plays any worse than they are in Madden 10.
Didn't they say in one of those interviews that DEs will no longer be able to "just tackle" RBs? And that LBs will fall like idiots when trying to change directions. :lol

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
certain people get cpu Denver, i'm sure we get the real Broncos :/

DCX

AstroLad said:
Didn't they say in one of those interviews that DEs will no longer be able to "just tackle" RBs? And that LBs will fall like idiots when trying to change directions. :lol

I'll be glad for the change of the DEs and DTs for that matter, who just magically get rid of their blockers right as I'm about to pass by. Always pissed me off when I had the corner but then suddenly my OT lets go of the DE and he's got a free shot at my RB.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Isn't the average for RBs in this league like 6.0 YPC or something? I don't think they need any more help in my experience.

daw840

AstroLad said:
Isn't the average for RBs in this league like 6.0 YPC or something? I don't think they need any more help in my experience.

It seems to me that average is way skewed because their always seems to be 1 or 2 60+ yard runs. lol

Top Bottom