• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
heartogram.jpg

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol

i found the cd's about a month ago. i'm going to upload that shit to youtube or something
Holy shit I forgot about them! Upload!

[edit] Guess I can't play... just got a call. :\ I'm out this bitch!

dm are you around!? daw is in the 3rd quarter.

wellington when can you play? depending on how quickly you respond to this i may or may not be around this morning (got some stuff to do that i could technically do tomorrow morning if you were around to play this morning)

of course DM isn't around to advance! OF COURSE HE ISN'T!

p.s. dm PM me your cell phone number so i can text you when we need to advance and maybe we can talk on the weekends once in a while? let me know

Mrbob

Daw I'm not home till arond 6 or 7 CST tonight, can you play today?

Otherwise I'm home around 4:30-5 CST tomorrow.

If we can't get it in this weekend will probably have to be on wednesday around 4:30-5cst due to our schedule differences on monday and tuesday.

Mrbob

Normally I would be rooting for FMT in this situation to defeat AT, but FMT sent a lot of smack talk over aim on how he was gonna destroy the NFC North this season. So strike FMT down AT for great justice! He must be denied glory in the arena!

Edit: Oh its the Cards and Packers this week? Damn! Forget the above bring AT to justice Astro! Ipad haters unite!

BigAT

Mrbob said:
Normally I would be rooting for FMT in this situation to defeat AT, but FMT sent a lot of smack talk over aim on how he was gonna destroy the NFC North this season. So strike FMT down AT for great justice! He must be denied glory in the arena!
4 weeks too early, but I appreciate the support.

AstroLad said:
AT I can play in about 15.
Sounds good, I'll be on Live.

Mrbob said:

Edit: Oh its the Cards and Packers this week? Damn! Forget the above bring AT to justice Astro! Ipad haters unite!

everytime you root against me it makes me stronger. i'm going to crush you when we play now, 66-2

p.s. wellington im taking off right now but should be home by about 1 pm pst (maybe a bit sooner, im not sure)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gg man that was fun. how many points did i leave on the table like 30? :lol typical

awesome that i lost my best defensive player by far for 11 weeks, after losing suggs earlier this season. thanks madden gg fmt just going to try to finish ahead of the cpu now

BigAT

AstroLad said:
gg man that was fun. how many points did i leave on the table like 30? :lol typical

awesome that i lost my best defensive player by far for 11 weeks, after losing suggs earlier this season. thanks madden gg fmt just going to try to finish ahead of the cpu now
GG. As far as points left on the table, I had three 4th down stops and an interception inside the 30 or so. Then go ahead and add on a missed field goal. I don't know how I was running so successfully (for me) against your defense, which is nuts by the way. I had to start leaving a RB in the backfield to stay in and block on passing plays or I would get destroyed by Dockett/Haynesworth (I still did anyway).

It sucks that Barkley had to get carted off. I suppose you can just replace him with Rolle and not miss too much, but from what I could tell it seemed like you managed to get all three safeties on the field at once, so it's still a big loss.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
everytime you root against me it makes me stronger. i'm going to crush you when we play now, 66-2

p.s. wellington im taking off right now but should be home by about 1 pm pst (maybe a bit sooner, im not sure)
Alright I'll be here.

Rors sorry about last night, got a bit carried away.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
BigAT said:
GG. As far as points left on the table, I had three 4th down stops and an interception inside the 30 or so. Then go ahead and add on a missed field goal. I don't know how I was running so successfully (for me) against your defense, which is nuts by the way. I had to start leaving a RB in the backfield to stay in and block on passing plays or I would get destroyed by Dockett/Haynesworth (I still did anyway).

It sucks that Barkley had to get carted off. I suppose you can just replace him with Rolle and not miss too much, but from what I could tell it seemed like you managed to get all three safeties on the field at once, so it's still a big loss.
Yeah, that first missed FG really set me back leaving me playing catch-up all game. Don't know why he missed it; Rackers sucks now. :/ Barkley being out does nothing short of completely end my season.

AstroLad said:
Yeah, that first missed FG really set me back leaving me playing catch-up all game. Don't know why he missed it; Rackers sucks now. :/ Barkley being out does nothing short of completely end my season.

thank god barkey is out. i think he has a pick or FF in every game i've played against you since drafting him. he should have been a niner!!!

p.s. wellington i'll be home in about an hour to and hour and a half

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
thank god barkey is out. i think he has a pick or FF in every game i've played against you since drafting him. he should have been a niner!!!

p.s. wellington i'll be home in about an hour to and hour and a half
4gkxu8.jpg

Rors is filling in for the titans

I'm sure no one has a problem with this.

fuck you CB. I know you would have said "you were going to lose to the CPU anyways"

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG FMT. No defense in that game whatsoever. Would probably have been higher scoring if I didn't turn the ball over so much.

Again, 2 fumbles in a loss. 8 fumbles in my 4 losses. Two consecutive games in which I whiff on the hit stick and allow a huge catch and run by a TE.

Fuck looks like Gore was only out for the game. I wanted to end his life.

yeah gg wellington. i thought i was just on the edge of letting it go and didn't want to chance anything. hence the 5 2nd half fgs :lol your d-line was starting to get to me, so i was pretty happy i didn't need to pass in the 4th quarter. jack might've gotten hurt like you did to gore and keller :(

and for the record, 1 drag pass completed by me all game (to crabcakes) :D

gore is a man! it said he had a dislocated shoulder, but he's not on the injury report! thankfully i didn't trade him.... keller and gore make a nice combo. then broussard comes in and bats cleanup

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah gg wellington. i thought i was just on the edge of letting it go and didn't want to chance anything. hence the 5 2nd half fgs :lol your d-line was starting to get to me, so i was pretty happy i didn't need to pass in the 4th quarter. jack might've gotten hurt like you did to gore and keller :(

and for the record, 1 drag pass completed by me all game (to crabcakes) :D
I also noticed you only ran only one post over the middle for a completion (just happened to be the one play all game I ran Cover 3 ugh) and you run outs better than anyone I've seen. Most of the time if I go for an out it's an int against man-man D.

At least I started seeing some things that I could do on D that would make you uncomfortable. I think that was the first sack I ever got on any QB you've had. If I make the playoffs and if I matchup against you, I am confident I can make you punt at least once, but that is a lot of ifs.

With this game, I've now faced every supposedly "good" fantasy RB in the league. Not a single one has had a big game against me. Keller, Tank, James, Lockwood, Redmond, none of them blew me up like their reputations said they would. As you saw, my D is built to stop tosses with the speed DEs. Thankfully Gore went out, he was fucking me up.

Again GG. I have not been able to make you punt in two games, totally embarrassing. I have to basically win out now or lose just 1 if I want to make the playoffs.

just curious, were you stunting your D-line to spread out? a couple times (including the english rushing TD) that shit parted instantly and there was NOBODY in the middle

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
just curious, were you stunting your D-line to spread out? a couple times (including the english rushing TD) that shit parted instantly and there was NOBODY in the middle
Depends what I saw. If Keller was in the game I expected a toss or an outside run. If I had called a blitzed I shifted my LBs to the heavy side of the formation and stunted my DL in the other direction to protect against tosses the other way. There was a play early in the game in which you were weighted one side and tossed the other, so I was mindful of that.

For that play Keller was in and you were weighted weak side. I called a man to man D and spread stunt the DL. I figure I can turn you inside on a toss with my DE towards my charging LBs, and Tuck was holding his own against Keller on the other side. Good call with the QB run.

Playing good D is about recognizing tendencies, and you do a good job of mixing things up. Had you not done the light toss I would not have spread the DL.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
With this game, I've now faced every supposedly "good" fantasy RB in the league. Not a single one has had a big game against me. Keller, Tank, James, Lockwood, Redmond, none of them blew me up like their reputations said they would.
High five! Same here. :p

well you shut down keller pretty well. i think i ran 2 tosses and a stretch play and gained maybe a yard combined. ends and lb's are too fast! most of my running yards came on that 40-ish yard gore run and running in the 4th quarter. i thought you were going to gouge me with Bjac, but he fumbled twice instead!

also, calvin johnson is a superbeast. my fucking loser SS is waiting there for the pick, then johnson snags is, breaks a tackle, escapes 4 guys, hurdles a guy near the endzone, and gets the TD. after that i was just trying to play save against him!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LJ11 said:
Thought I had a bye this week. Lone I'm free the rest of the day/night, let me know what's good.

Sometime later tonight, say 9 PM CST or later. Could go earlier, but since I always have to disconnect the internet to play, I'd like to not cut off the internet for everyone here.

LJ11

Lonestar said:
Sometime later tonight, say 9 PM CST or later. Could go earlier, but since I always have to disconnect the internet to play, I'd like to not cut off the internet for everyone here.

Fine with me. I'll have my AIM open, just message me whenever you're ready to go.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
High five! Same here. :p
Actually I didn't get a chance to play Bjoern. :/ I do get Max Brooks later this year. Going to be fun seeing what CB can do with him that he couldn't with Westbrook.

I am convinced, however, that these "super backs" aren't all that overpowered. I don't know what they can do with rooks, but there has to be more of a learning curve for the guys we draft that isn't there for guys already in the league. What WRs come out of college with 80+ RTE skills? What CBs coming from college can press all that well? Not fucking many. They all learn that shit over time in the NFL. If progression were quarterly, some things could be done, as it is now we are stuck.

well you shut down keller pretty well. i think i ran 2 tosses and a stretch play and gained maybe a yard combined. ends and lb's are too fast! most of my running yards came on that 40-ish yard gore run and running in the 4th quarter. i thought you were going to gouge me with Bjac, but he fumbled twice instead!

I know you took it easy on me via passes to Keller. Admit it!! BJac has been totally ineffective this season. I should never have traded Seubert.

also, calvin johnson is a superbeast. my fucking loser SS is waiting there for the pick, then johnson snags is, breaks a tackle, escapes 4 guys, hurdles a guy near the endzone, and gets the TD. after that i was just trying to play save against him!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18850892

:D

I should have gone with press box.

Top Bottom