• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG DM.

A couple of things to say about this one:

1) Okay whatever the franchise shit doesn't work, fine first year. Down 9 points a little over 2 mins left I drive the length of the field and am trying to get in for the TD. I pass to my HB in the flats, he catches it, I am bolting towards the sideline. I get hit and fall on the OOB marker, clock keeps running. I have to take this TO. I score the TD, AND I get the onside kick with no time outs left. I could not go over the middle of the field at all thanks to that garbage. With a 99 KPOW kicker all I needed to do was get to like the 43 and I started at the 30.

2) Speaking of on the field issues, look at this.

YES. Chris Snee heading outside on an FB run. He did it twice. 1/4 on TDs in the RZ. 18 points left on the board.

3) In my 3 losses, I have a -5 TO ratio.... SIX fumbles. Down 14-13 with the ball and 5 minutes to go, Hakeem Nicks catches one over the middle and bam, fumble. Give me a fucking break.

4) From first place in the NFC East and a contender for first place in the NFC, to out of the playoff picture. Gotta love Madden Tiebreaker Cheese.

My absolute finest defensive effort of the year and I lost on a fumbled KR, a long pass to Winslow, and a fumble that gave DM the ball just outside of the redzone.

Well I stopped Tossapalooza (he didn't toss that much actually), now on to dragocalypse featuring VD and Crabcakes. I find it funny all NFCW teams that started this year feature drags so heavily.

LiveWire

Eh it's all good, it's Madden. I'm on the game-winning 2-minute drill at midfield with 3 timeouts and 1:30 on the clock, and Malcolm Kelly fumbles at the Falcons' 40. Even despite the cheesetastic defense, I was on the way to the W. But I got Maddened.

Both DCX and I got screwed a new way though! Completed catches inbounds with one or two full strides, game ruled out of bounds, challenge failed to overturn ruling on the field. :lol

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
Eh it's all good, it's Madden. I'm on the game-winning 2-minute drill at midfield with 3 timeouts and 1:30 on the clock, and Malcolm Kelly fumbles at the Falcons' 40. Even despite the cheesetastic defense, I was on the way to the W. But I got Maddened.

Both DCX and I got screwed a new way though! Completed catches inbounds with one or two full strides, game ruled out of bounds, challenge failed to overturn ruling on the field. :lol
Glad you saw what i did. I almost wellied my controller...

DCX

Nightz

My game with Smokey disconnected at the beginning of the second half with me up 26-14. I will proceed to lose the re-play now.

Smokey

oh shut tha fuck up live and cb

we just replayed our 2nd game and i was winning and it froze again on the kickoff, and yes my game is installed on the hard drive

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
AstroLad said:
gg man never really got anything going on either side of the ball though it was real close until the 4th.

Gg, knew I had to be tough against your passing. I'm amazed I got 2 sacks!

After that disconnect, I was sure I was going to lose.

Oh, that little 3rd down conversion that the animation brings the HBO back over the line....I hate that. Had to punt when I didn't have to.

Wow, for a winning team, I figured I'd have better than 1 - 5 red zone ability.

Fifty

I won't be using the Texans again. I'll let another below average player take control of them for the rest of the season.

Smokey

Fifty said:
I won't be using the Texans again. I'll let another below average player take control of them for the rest of the season.

so you're saying I can use them

anddddddddddd 3rd game between nightz and i disconnects

nice

Nightz

Welp, 3rd time it's disconnected on us. 5 quarters played, 47-42 Bengals. :lol That last one was a good one though, 21-21 in the third when it crapped out. Striker's favorite player Michael Johnson just got a pick-6 to tie it up. :\

Lonestar

vgtebow105768098182.jpg

Tim Tebow getting the cover of NCAA Football 11 was part rumor, part poorly kept secret, and all but assured. EA Sports has confirmed for Kotaku that Tebow will be on the cover of all versions of the game.

Tebow's appearance was first reported this afternoon by ESPN.com. Unifying the cover under him ends the two-year practice of different cover athletes for each version of the game. The last player to appear on every cover was also a quarterback, Boise State's Jared Zabransky.

A statement later released by EA Sports dated the game for a July 13 release.

Of course, Tebow finished his career at Florida this past year, which means he'll be on this game but in Madden NFL 11. ESPN spoke to the EA Sports ratings czar and was told he'll be "the best trucking quarterback in Madden this year," capable of running over defenders. He's going to have ratings of 80 speed and 92 acceleration.

Mrbob

Oh good god Tiburon, gonna overrated Tebow before he even takes one NFL snap and has looked terrible at all pre draft events. It is easy to truck over college players when you are bigger than them. NFL defenders are bigger and faster than Tebow. He will get destroyed trying to run the ball. SMH.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Any chance we advance today? Kidding.... or am I!?

I'd rather play FMT than Rors with the Niners. :|

Rors has not scored less than 50 points against me in any game we've played since season 1.

daw840

It sounded like Sinistar was back, so I posted that if he wanted to play last night we could. He was apparently available for the first game, but then saw that it was already being played. IDK, maybe I will just play the CPU.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
It sounded like Sinistar was back, so I posted that if he wanted to play last night we could. He was apparently available for the first game, but then saw that it was already being played. IDK, maybe I will just play the CPU.
Just get him on AIM. Even if he posted in the topic, assume he didn't see your post.

I'm going to have to train in 100x gravity or something to be able to defeat FMT. Or not throw any picks. Both impossible tasks!

292wdhx.jpg

Fifty

Somnia said:
I'm pretty sure Fifty is the Ravens so no mines not a CPU. BTW Fifty can you play tonight between 7-11pm cst?

You really think our game will take four hours? :D :lol

Yeah I can play then..but I'd like to do it as early as possible, so make it 7 your time, or 8 eastern.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
WTF is going on with the other games? Pretty pathetic it's been almost 12 hours since we advanced and we haven't heard a peep from some of these people.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
WTF is going on with the other games? Pretty pathetic it's been almost 12 hours since we advanced and we haven't heard a peep from some of these people.
Dude it's been 13 hours. It's very pathetic.

Lonestar

Wellington said:

Funny and Sad, that the Bye Week Club (You, Me, and Bobbo) from last week, all have already played their games. All on the same day as advancement.

daw840

AstroLad said:

HEY NOW! I have peeped.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
:lol are you serious? Hadn't even noticed it had been that long.

And hey look it's been 10 minutes since they got called out and still no posts (edit: except daw, finally). Color me surprised...

...not.

daw840

AstroLad said:

And hey look it's been 10 minutes since they got called out and still no posts (edit: except daw, finally). Color me surprised...

...not.

Whatever. I peep all the time, I be peepin when people don't be peepin back. You want a peep, I provide the peep. Hell, I peeped shortly before the week even advanced hopin for a peep back from my opponent. I got no back peeps though.

Birdman02

BigAT said:
Slackers:

Cowboys/Ravens
Jags/Steelers
Vikings/Lions
Browns/Titans
Chargers/Bengals

I'll play the Steelers after work tonight, probably around 9 est. Since the Titans took to me OT, I'll almost definitely lose to Robo-Ben.

Somnia

Fifty said:
You really think our game will take four hours? :D :lol

Yeah I can play then..but I'd like to do it as early as possible, so make it 7 your time, or 8 eastern.
It depends if we get disconnects like smokey and night :lol

I'll jump online at 7 cst

Somnia

Birdman02 said:
I'll play the Steelers after work tonight, probably around 9 est. Since the Titans took to me OT, I'll almost definitely lose to Robo-Ben.
Nah man just dress your QB up as an ugly blonde and then Big Ben will play defense so he can "rough the passer". Easy win for sure!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yeah I'm out after season 4 as well. I usually don't trade in my Madden's so I'm not looking to take advantage. Who else is done after this season?

Wellington
Daw
Bob
LJ
???

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:

...not.

We'd probably be on season 8 right now if we didn't have Bob/Airbrian around for so long.

If we vote for Astro as commish, we'll have 24 hour advancement periods. Consider me a loyal supporter, Astro.

Rorschach

I don't trade in games, so I'll be in this bitch 'till it dies. Even if it's just me and DM left. I assume DM will never quit because he doesn't want to relinquish power.

Top Bottom