• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Jesus Christ at the Jags DEs. GG Bird.

Why is Mason good again? I certainly gave him plenty of shots, but no luck.

Again, you guys overrating these RBs.

Birdman02

Wellington said:

GG Wellie. That's the best game my DEs have had in 2 seasons!! They seemed to be putting pressure on Schaub on every 3rd down. I wasn't even bringing extra pressure...it just looked like they were beating the o-line right at the snap.

I'm not sure what was up with Bjoern. He wasn't shrugging off tackles like he normally does against me.

Let my 5 game murderer's row schedule begin!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Birdman02 said:
GG Wellie. That's the best game my DEs have had in 2 seasons!! They seemed to be putting pressure on Schaub on every 3rd down. I wasn't even bringing extra pressure...it just looked like they were beating the o-line right at the snap.

I'm not sure what was up with Bjoern. He wasn't shrugging off tackles like he normally does against me.

Let my 5 game murderer's row schedule begin!!
:lol Dammit! Of course it comes against me. I felt like I did not have any time at all.

It was a really GG tho, fourth down and 3 with the goal line right there. Draaaaamaaaaaa!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The fuck, how is Matt Schaub 10/24 TD/Ints!? At least I went 2/1 last night with him. :lol

11 ints, 3 TDs in his three prior games!? :lol :lol

Eli Manning 20/12 with 109.2 QBR! Career Madden year for him!

Rorschach

Wellington said:

It all depends on the user of course. Mason isn't a "push forward to win" back like LeBron James.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nightz your memory card is telling me you like to run NB blitzes....

acbfuo.jpg

Wow I'm bored...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
It all depends on the user of course. Mason isn't a "push forward to win" back like LeBron James.
You're right. I wasn't used to the speed and a lot of times ended up running into the back of my blockers or into oncoming defenders. Bird also did a great job with his user controlled LB Durant.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wellington said:
You're right. I wasn't used to the speed and a lot of times ended up running into the back of my blockers or into oncoming defenders. Bird also did a great job with his user controlled LB Durant.

I was doing that alot at the beginning of this season with Taylor. Now, I'm not doing it as much.

Result: Last 3 games: 36 carries 370 yards and 5 TD's.

I should have ran it more on LJ...that pesky passcrazy offense of mine bit me in the end. That, and shoddy play calling on those passes.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
When I finally get McFadden back after playing with Bush so much, I'm really crappy with him because I have no backs similar to McFadden in the lineup. :\

Fifty

Wellington said:
The fuck, how is Matt Schaub 10/24 TD/Ints!? At least I went 2/1 last night with him. :lol

11 ints, 3 TDs in his three prior games!? :lol :lol

That's because I've been controlling him. Washed up, apathetic player = bad numbers

DCX

DCX
Peterboy, going out to get some food...be back in forty, i can play in a about 2 hours or so until like ten pm est.

DCX

PBY

Banned
uhh...im in class til 10; i posted way back on sat when u said you couldn't play til monday that if we were to go on monday it couldnt be til 1030 est... ill be back to my apt in about an hour

DCX

DCX
peterb0y said:
uhh...im in class til 10; i posted way back on sat when u said you couldn't play til monday that if we were to go on monday it couldnt be til 1030 est... ill be back to my apt in about an hour
Well, lets see if i make it :p I'm pretty tired, but maybe i can hold out..

DCX

DCX

DCX
peterb0y said:
bleh to the max, good game DCX, had fun

also, i wish i knew how to hit a fg longer than 20 yds
I couldn't hit nothing longer than 45 yards or even 42 i should say until i drafted my new kicker, he came inches away from 64 in a dome with no wind assistance :p My D just got tired with your three headed RB/WR crew and Shockey just killed my LBs.

Knox had 5 pass deflections...i would say four of them were dropped ints lol

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Is it me or is it always the same few guys at the end of the 'weekly cycle'?

Either way, I'd love to get this next game out of the way by tomorrow. My top friend's birthday is this Saturday and we've got a lot of shit lined up starting Thursday.

Lastly, I am still mad about all of these fucking fumbles, I just don't get it. League average is 4.9 fumbles but I have 11! Broncos have 12. Crow must feel my pain in the games he does play. He has 21 TOs and 12 are fumbles, I have 23 with 11. Sitting at -6 TO ratio and this is by far the fewest ints I've thrown in a season to this point, with RBs that have 96 and 99 CAR ratings. C'mon son!

Wellington said:

Either way, I'd love to get this next game out of the way by tomorrow. My top friend's birthday is this Saturday and we've got a lot of shit lined up starting Thursday.

lol what

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:

Either way, love to get this next game out of the way by tomorrow. My top friend's birthday is this Saturday and we've got a lot of shit lined up starting Thursday.

Lastly, I am still mad about all of these fucking fumbles, I just don't get it. League average is 4.9 fumbles but I have 11! Broncos have 12. Crow must feel my pain in the games he does play. He has 21 TOs and 12 are fumbles, I have 23 with 11. Sitting at -6 TO ratio and this is by far the fewest ints I've thrown in a season to this point, with RBs that have 96 and 99 CAR ratings. C'mon son!
Yea, i have alot of fumbles this year and 5 with Tank with a 99 carry...it's going to cost me an important game somewhere down the road. I can just feel it.

DCX

Wellington said:
:(

Don't believe I'm usually one of the last guys to play, but could be. Also don't believe my game will be done till tomm. I believe Somnia and my schedule for monday/tuesday didn't line up and I was gone friday-sunday night. Gotta go back and look to see what time he could play on Wednesday.

DCX

DCX
two highlights from last night's game:

Peterboy stayed true to a really good zone that took me a while to figure out because he was getting pressure out of the core 7 which bottled up my rush. I was hoping to run him out of the zone but it didn't work, so i went 4 wide.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18940676

This was frustrating as i intercepted a pass in the end zone and my safety MJ took it to the house only to have it come back on a BS holding call, then this happened.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18940594

Tank>all

DCX

TheCrow

Wellington said:
Worst part is that most of the fumbles came from normal tackles. All the fumbles make me feel that I have less impact on the outcomes. Mashing the protect ball button doesn't seem to do anything and I don't want to talk about the minigame. At least with INTs I can place the blame squarely on myself. :(

And my game against smokey will get done today. We've had conflicting schedules.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
This was frustrating as i intercepted a pass in the end zone and my safety MJ took it to the house only to have it come back on a BS holding call, then this happened.
I still can't believe you were the only one interested in him. I bet he has been a beast for you.

Do you really need to celebrate a long TD against Peterboy? :lol

TheCrow said:
Worst part is that most of the fumbles came from normal tackles. All the fumbles make me feel that I have less impact on the outcomes. Mashing the protect ball button doesn't seem to do anything and I don't want to talk about the minigame. At least with INTs I can place the blame squarely on myself. :(

I have the same issue. It's not hitsticks or strips that get me except for 2 against LW, it's normal tackles. Two I can forgive because I don't care about taking sacks and sometimes you fumble, but I have 4 from Jacobs, 2 from Brown, 2 from Nicks, and 1 from CJ on mostly innocuous plays. I end up running near the sidelines and the ball fucking stays in. Very telling that in my four losses I have 8 fumbles lost.

Lonestar

Wellington said:
I still can't believe you were the only one interested in him. I bet he has been a beast for you.

I have the same issue. It's not hitsticks or strips that get me except for 2 against LW, it's normal tackles. Two I can forgive because I don't care about taking sacks and sometimes you fumble, but I have 4 from Jacobs, 2 from Brown, 2 from Nicks, and 1 from CJ on mostly innocuous plays. I end up running near the sidelines and the ball fucking stays in. Very telling that in my four losses I have 8 fumbles lost.

I was thinking the same thing :lol Shame on you DCX, SHAAAME

I will not talk about fumbles. WILL NOT.

DCX

DCX
Hey now, i haven't had alot of highlight worthy plays to speak off. Most of my offense is dull workmanlike stuff, so yes i will celebrate a CPU TD if i have to :lol :lol

DCX

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:

3 Forced Fumbles
18 Int Ret Longest
35 Int Ret Yards
3 Interceptions
0 Interception TDs
9 Pass Deflections
1 Sacks
23 Tackles
4 Tackle for Loss

I would say he has been beastly!! Although the SS i traded to Pheenik, Moore, has been equally as beastly if not more so. I think he has 3 fumble recoveries in addition to FF and an int return for TD.

It evens out as Davone Bess is having a spectacular year as my number 2 WR! 40+ receptions close to 500 yards and a few TDs. He is looking to having a 70+ 800 yard season!

DCX

daw840

Moss has actually been killin it for my team!

41 Receptions
66 Longest Reception
8 Receiving Touchdown
761 Receiving Yards

I didn't really utilize him like I should have in the beginning though. He would have over 1000 yards if I would have.

LiveWire

daw840 said:
Moss has actually been killin it for my team!

41 Receptions
66 Longest Reception
8 Receiving Touchdown
761 Receiving Yards

I didn't really utilize him like I should have in the beginning though. He would have over 1000 yards if I would have.

Glad to see he's working out for you. Had I known he wouldn't have downgraded (at all!) I'd have been less inclined to deal him, but such is the EA Sports progression algorithm. :lol

PBY

Banned
Wellington said:

:(

we advancing tonight?

edit: DCX, Bess is the fucking man; one of my favorite players, dude was huge for us last year (he had a couple of bad fumbles, but overall the dude is rock steady)

BigAT

I like my team and their powerfully mediocre statistics, with the exception of Aaron Rodgers and his 130.27 QB rating, #2 in the league*. No receiver over 400 yards, no running back over 500 yards. Ryan Grant is #5 in rushing TDs I suppose. Oh, and Mason Crosby is dominating kickers in points...hooray.

*Amongst REAL quarterbacks.

Lonestar

BigAT said:
I like my team and their powerfully mediocre statistics, with the exception of Aaron Rodgers and his 130.27 QB rating, #2 in the league. No receiver over 400 yards, no running back over 500 yards. Ryan Grant is #5 in rushing TDs I suppose. Oh, and Mason Crosby is dominating kickers in points...hooray.

#3, The Tribow is not a part time player.

Top Bottom