• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
daw you gonna be able to play today?

Yeah, probably later this evening. We had a little.......incident last night with the motorcycles.

daw840 said:
Ugh, first big ride with my wife today and it went great. All the way up until the end. I took her out on some country roads, nothing too crazy, just to get away from all of the traffic. Most of the roads here, Kansas, are straight and 45 MPH so we were doing great. Rode for about 2 hours and as we were heading back home I decided to take a route that I have never gone on before. Well, we crested a hill, only going maybe25-30 MPH and the road turns into a wicked, downhill, cratered, sandy and gravelly nightmare. I almost went down and I looked into my rearview and saw my wife just eat it onto the pavement. She wasn't going to fast, only maybe 20 MPH, but it scraped up her knee pretty bad. She was wearing all the PPE except for the pants, just jeans on. They did nothing to help the abrasion. She was fine everywhere but on her left knee. The bike faired OK, its going to need new left grips, mirror, clutch lever, shifter lever, peg, peg bracket, plastic cover for the engine, and a kickstand. I ended up riding it home and had to actually put my heel on the shifter lever and pull back every time I shifted since it was so bent up. Her gear held up beautifully, she barely scraped the chin portion of her helmet and the new First Gear leather Jacket worked flawlessly. Not even scuffed up, it was dirty as hell, but perfectly fine and will still see a lot of use in the future. So, there is my impression/review of the jacket we were discussing earlier in the thread. Her arms are a little sore from the impact, but not scraped at all.

edit: Jeff, please don't post anything about it on her FB, she is not telling her work friends in the ER because they are bastards...

daw840 said:
Yeah, probably later this evening. We had a little.......incident last night with the motorcycles.

edit: Jeff, please don't post anything about it on her FB, she is not telling her work friends in the ER because they are bastards...

holy shit dude! that's crazy.... the exact reason why i'm such a pussy when it comes to riding motorcycles. i had a dirtbike when i was a kid, not sure when i became so lame though :(

glad to hear you guys are ok!

p.s. i aint posting shit on facebook!

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
holy shit dude! that's crazy.... the exact reason why i'm such a pussy when it comes to riding motorcycles. i had a dirtbike when i was a kid, not sure when i became so lame though :(

glad to hear you guys are ok!

p.s. i aint posting shit on facebook!

Yeah, I have been riding for a little over a year now, probably 5-6k miles and havent gone down. If you gear up properly you will be fine. Like I said, she was completely fine everywhere except for where she wasn't wearing proper protective gear.

daw840 said:
Yeah, I have been riding for a little over a year now, probably 5-6k miles and havent gone down. If you gear up properly you will be fine. Like I said, she was completely fine everywhere except for where she wasn't wearing proper protective gear.

yeah gear is the key. that is why i just shake my head when i see these douchers on the road without much protective gear.

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah gear is the key. that is why i just shake my head when i see these douchers on the road without much protective gear.
Here in Kansas you don't have to wear any protective gear if you don't want to, not even a helmet. I see people all the time with t-shirt, shorts, and some sandals riding a crotch rocket at 100 MPH. All I can do is SMH.

daw840

Mrbob said:
Wait, what? I think you forgot to add in a word there. ;) You are lucky this is an online thread or you might have given yourself a tag. :lol

All I can do is Shake My Head

What's wrong with that? What word did I miss?:lol

Smokey

nothing, bob is just slow.

i read about that incident in the 2-wheel gaf thread, sorry to hear that. one reason why I told you i'm scared to get a bike :/

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
Fmt add me on facebook you slut
wao7wy.jpg

LiveWire

sable, I'm just about to head back out again (crazy effin' weekend), but I will try to be back by 11PM tonight. Would you be able to stay up a bit late to squeeze this game in? I'd really like to not have to sim it. If not, if I'm allowed to have an AFC player sub (AFC North is my first choice), or worst case scenario play the CPU.

daw text me when (if?) you are ready to go. ill be playing MLB on ps3.... if the online gods allow me to finish a game.

after dealing with MLB's servers and weird league issues (games being completed but not reporting... but some of the stats do?) i will never complain about madden again.

except the fucking stupid ass requirement to download that shitty card game in order to play our online franchise. that i will complain about forever

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
daw text me when (if?) you are ready to go. ill be playing MLB on ps3.... if the online gods allow me to finish a game.

after dealing with MLB's servers and weird league issues (games being completed but not reporting... but some of the stats do?) i will never complain about madden again.

except the fucking stupid ass requirement to download that shitty card game in order to play our online franchise. that i will complain about forever
You know madden 11 will force us to buy the card game and a new version of head coach just to hit start to get to the menus.

LiveWire said:
sable, I'm just about to head back out again (crazy effin' weekend), but I will try to be back by 11PM tonight. Would you be able to stay up a bit late to squeeze this game in? I'd really like to not have to sim it. If not, if I'm allowed to have an AFC player sub (AFC North is my first choice), or worst case scenario play the CPU.
K ill try and stay up, thought we were shooting for 9ish, 11 was at the end of my range but like I said ill try and stay up for it.

damn that was lame. i was in a shootout against the vikes up 38-31 in the 3rd but he was driving, then connection lost to opponent. and yes i have the game installed on my HD!

i think the only 2 stops of the game were a forced fumble on gore and a forced fumble on harvin :lol

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
damn that was lame. i was in a shootout against the vikes up 38-31 in the 3rd but he was driving, then connection lost to opponent. and yes i have the game installed on my HD!

i think the only 2 stops of the game were a forced fumble on gore and a forced fumble on harvin :lol

Those were the only two stops. You held me to a FG once on a BS missed pass, and the clock held you to a FG at the end of the 2nd. Not my defense though, lol. They seem to be nonexistent this year.

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Between your lost connections in MLB and Madden I'm starting to think its not the games but you!

Mrbob said:
Between your lost connections in MLB and Madden I'm starting to think its not the games but you!

you might be right o_O

p.s. but i'm not the only one with MLB problems :D

plus i am never disconnected from PSN or XBL in these instances

also i forgot what a fucking pain in the dickhole adrian peterson is. 99% of the time he breaks the first tackle attempt. the 1% is when you have like 3 guys waiting for him and he actually goes down immediately

Nightz

So sable and LiveWire are playing right now. That'll leave four games left, and I assume Lions/Titans will be simmed. Any chance this advances tomorrow?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DMczaf said:
:lol .....wait, what the fuck?

im not kidding. he went into the NBA thread and actually wanted to get people to come to his house. No joke.

Im happy i had tons of reasons other than "Thats weird and creepy" to say no

Somnia

CB3 said:
im not kidding. he went into the NBA thread and actually wanted to get people to come to his house. No joke.

Im happy i had tons of reasons other than "Thats weird and creepy" to say no

Did he at least say free beer?

LiveWire

sableholic said:
K ill try and stay up, thought we were shooting for 9ish, 11 was at the end of my range but like I said ill try and stay up for it.

gg Sable. Thank you very much for staying up, I really appreciate it. Was a pretty epic and fun back-and-forth.

Crazy to think that we could have 3 or 4 10-6 teams not make the playoffs in the NFC.

Rorschach

10-6 usually won't cut it in the AFC. :cool:

I know first hand because I missed the playoffs with a better record than that because of EA's tie breaker system. :'''(

bluemax

Banned
Not sure if you guys care, but "raczilla" aka Will Kinsler the Senior Community Manager apparently read some of my twitter complaints and said I had a good list of Madden grievances. Our voices are being heard!

bluemax said:
Not sure if you guys care, but "raczilla" aka Will Kinsler the Senior Community Manager apparently read some of my twitter complaints and said I had a good list of Madden grievances. Our voices are being heard!
Ryan ferwerda also told me they were going to look into playoff seeding back in season one...ill believe it when I see it

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
bluemax said:
Cool, what issues did you mention? I remember we were railing him on MTC when the first Madden 11 "info" was released.

Sable can you forward them your script so maybe they can integrate it into the website for next year. ;)

Top Bottom