• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
TheCrow said:
Off-topic, but Yakuza is a great game. Now I only have 3 more games to go till I'm caught up with the series. :D
I got #3 for my bro for his birthday. I may give it a shot then.

Crow, do you want to "draft" for the Broncos in the NFL thread?

PS: No you can't take Alonzi.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
01-mcnabb.jpg

Excuse me while i throw up

TheCrow

Wellington said:
I got #3 for my bro for his birthday. I may give it a shot then.

Crow, do you want to "draft" for the Broncos in the NFL thread?

PS: No you can't take Alonzi.
I heard Yakuza 3 has some nice videos that recap the stories of 1&2 so it should be easy to understand the backstory. Anyway, just finished Yakuza and I ended up cheering as I stomped the final boss's face into the floor. PS2 graphics couldn't hold back the style and presentation of this game. It's weird but I actually feel emotionally invested in these characters. Kazuma is the ultimate badass.

I don't think I'd be any good at picking the Bronco's pick. I barely follow American football and only found out about Brady Quinn going to Denver through Madden. I'm sure someone else can make a more educated pick. Sorry. :)

fake edit: FUCK!!! Should have finished watching the ending before posting. I love this game. :3
Real edit: Reading through the credits and I found out the Joker, Mark Hamill, was in Yakuza. :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The deadline for getting our games in is Saturday at 9 PDT, right? We did advance Wednesday before the usual 9 PDT so it only makes sense.

Seven games left, six after Somnia plays his tonight.

Smokey

Splinter Cell Conviction is also pretty good. Got it from Gamefly. Maybe not as stealthy as previous SC's but it's still in there. Fisher also seems pretty damn close to Jason Bourne, and some of the shit you can do is pretty brutal.

Nightz

Smokey said:
Splinter Cell Conviction is also pretty good. Got it from Gamefly. Maybe not as stealthy as previous SC's but it's still in there. Fisher also seems pretty damn close to Jason Bourne, and some of the shit you can do is pretty brutal.
The interrogation stuff is pretty awesome and funny. Bashing people's heads through sinks and toilets. :lol

I predict 6 of the 7 games will get done tonight. The last one will be played tomorrow at 8 pm PST.

LiveWire

Hey Fifty hope you had fun at the Jay's win last night. If we can't get the game in early tonight I will proceed as you suggested in PM, so the league can hopefully advance early Saturday. Thanks for the heads-up.

LiveWire

RE: Splinter Cell, do you need to have played all the other ones to enjoy this one? Is there a synopsis of what's happened before in the game? I only played the first one and never beat it. :/

daw840

LiveWire said:
RE: Splinter Cell, do you need to have played all the other ones to enjoy this one? Is there a synopsis of what's happened before in the game? I only played the first one and never beat it. :/

I don't think it would matter honestly. I haven't played the new one, but it didn't seem the others had a real cohesive storyline between the different games.

Nightz

LiveWire said:
I played most of the games, only beat one or two of them though. I kinda have an idea about what's going on, but not really. :lol I read up on Gamepro's primer before I started playing Conviction and that helped a bit. http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/214782/splinter-cell-conviction-primer/

Smokey

LiveWire said:

I don't think so. They explain at the beginning what's going on, what happened in the past etc. I played up to Pandoras Tomorrow and haven't played any since so you should be good.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Birdman02 said:
I'm probably good to start a game up until about 2:30 est. Of course, there's always the possibility that I'll fall asleep watching TV!

Won't be that late, I'll probably be in at 10-11 CST

TheCrow said:
GG Peterboy. But there was no way I was going to lose. I had this for dinner. :D
28l40ur.jpg

2niabrc.jpg

seems like that would cause you to lose cause it would keep you on the shitter all game

p.s. i can't wait to use tedd ginn and his fambly in madden '11

Birdman02

GG Lone. I was making terrible decisions in the passing game, and you made me pay for it. My AI defensive teammates also didn't bother to show up for the game.

Lonestar

Birdman02 said:
GG Lone. I was making terrible decisions in the passing game, and you made me pay for it. My AI defensive teammates also didn't bother to show up for the game.

You were tough with the hitsticks, fortunate with no fumbles. Tribow had a bad game, and overall, felt closer than 28-10

Birdman02

Lonestar said:
You were tough with the hitsticks, fortunate with no fumbles. Tribow had a bad game, and overall, felt closer than 28-10

I think I've only forced less than 5 fumbles this year. My defense is terrible at forcing turnovers lately, and I don't see it getting any better against the teams I'm playing to finish out the season.

Striker

TheCrow said:
Striker, what times can you play this weekend? I look forward to facing your tough defense.
Way I've been on offense recently, my defense is meaningless. :(

Are you going to be home on Saturday and Sunday? We can get our game in then if so. If we can advance before late tomorrow, we can do it then. Sunday I am available after 11 EST.

BTW, Sneed hasn't missed a game, yet!
Knock on wood

cb, last game is Colts (LJ) and Lions.

Nightz

Nightz said:
I predict 6 of the 7 games will get done tonight. The last one will be played tomorrow at 8 pm PST.
Got the first part of my prediction right!

Striker said:
cb, last game is Colts (LJ) and Lions.
Maybe we should rename the Bob GOTW to the Sinistar GOTW.

Lonestar

Here's the play that broke the game for us. Had an 11 point lead, barely getting 1st downs. It's 3rd and 7 on my side of the field. My only saving grace on Defense was red zone defense.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/19069541

On this play, my thinking is first Barclay (WR split right) then Bellow's on the drag. But the pressure screws all that up. Brady somehow gets away, I see a flash of Y button open past the defense, and very quickly after that, TD. 28-10

Mrbob

Sparatcus season finale was epic! Watch it!

As Season 1 ends, 'Spartacus' emerges as a gripping gladiator romp

It's hard to say what's more impressive about the Season 1 finale of "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" (9 p.m. Central Friday, Starz) -- the hour itself, which is an enormously enjoyable roller-coaster ride, or the way it artfully combines everything "Spartacus" does well.

To give away even a scrap of what happens to the gladiator Spartacus (Andy Whitfield) and his wealthy owners, Batiatus (John Hannah) and Lucretia (Lucy Lawless) would be to ruin the finale's well-designed twists and turns. Suffice to say it left a lasting impression and will no doubt remain one of my favorite TV episodes of the year.

For those who dismissed the show as a sex-obsessed "300" ripoff, think again. "Spartacus" turned out to be so much more than that, especially when it kicked into high gear midway through Season 1. Over the course of 13 hours, and especially in several well-paced recent episodes, this swords-and-togas saga became downright addictive, in part due to its distinctive dialogue, which mixes Shakespearean flourishes with "Sopranos"-esque profanity.

Sure, there are a lot of hot bodies on display (and yes, that's part of the appeal). But in the unsentimental world the show depicts, everyone is a piece of meat. Every person, rich or poor, is scrambling to get ahead or to simply survive, and the viciousness of the gladiator arena is more than matched by Lucretia's machinations in her villa. The way that she ensnared a snobby Roman noblewoman, Ilithia (Viva Bianca) and made Ilithia do her bidding was a thing of soapy deliciousness.

Let's face it, many of the most worthy dramas on TV are work at times. They're usually worth the effort, mind you, but it's great to have shows that work dramatically yet allow you to enjoy yourself to a perhaps unhealthy degree. Like "True Blood," "Spartacus" is a sexy, sometimes outrageous show that enjoys keeping the audience on the edge of their seats.

But the second half of "Spartacus'" debut season has shown an admirable sense of rigor (which is sometimes missing from the messier "True Blood"). The forward movement of the story has felt inexorable; as Spartacus' rage at his master grew and as Batiatus rose in society, a wonderful sense of foreboding enveloped the proceedings. Head writer Steven S. DeKnight is clearly unafraid to take risks with the characters, which gives most story arcs an enjoyable tension. In Batiatus' villa and ludus (gladiator school), anything can happen, but every development feels earned.

And for all its soapy scheming "Spartacus" rarely strays into camp (except in the gladiator ring; it's hard not to view all that slo-mo spurting blood as comic relief, whether that's the intention or not). One of the pleasant surprises of the seasons was how much the fate of Doctore (the great Peter Mensah) and even Crixus (Manu Bennett) came to matter. Most importantly, as Spartacus, Whitfield displayed an increasingly impressive range and charisma.

Yet from the first episode, Hannah has simply owned this show.

TheCrow

Striker said:
Way I've been on offense recently, my defense is meaningless. :(

Are you going to be home on Saturday and Sunday? We can get our game in then if so. If we can advance before late tomorrow, we can do it then. Sunday I am available after 11 EST.

BTW, Sneed hasn't missed a game, yet!
Knock on wood
Yeah, I'll be home Saturday and most of Sunday. Looks like our best shot is Saturday because I head back to Champaign Sunday evening. Hopefully we advance before that. And I honestly can't believe that Sneed has been able to stay healthy. Lets see if Moreno or Joker can make him miss a couple games. :p

Striker

TheCrow said:
Yeah, I'll be home Saturday and most of Sunday. Looks like our best shot is Saturday because I head back to Champaign Sunday evening. Hopefully we advance before that. And I honestly can't believe that Sneed has been able to stay healthy. Lets see if Moreno or Joker can make him miss a couple games. :p
OK cool I can play tonight (Saturday). I'll be home around 8 or so, but might have to be out of the place for an hour - not sure yet. -_-

Can't believe you were able to get Joker! :( Fucking EA. I had LT and Joker on my board and EA skipped them I bet... for a damn OL. >:|

Lonestar

Striker said:
OK cool I can play tonight (Saturday). I'll be home around 8 or so, but might have to be out of the place for an hour - not sure yet. -_-

Can't believe you were able to get Joker! :( Fucking EA. I had LT and Joker on my board and EA skipped them I bet... for a damn OL. >:|

Did you have a pick lower than #12, I think? That was mine, and I got LT.

Striker

Lonestar said:
Did you have a pick lower than #12, I think? That was mine, and I got LT.
I was right before LJ's two first rounders... believe at #9 or so. Trust me, I had my "board" set and Okoye, LT, and Joker were my first three in line. >_<

Top Bottom