• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
today we remember Roddy White. A man amongst boys on his way to surpassing Larry Fitzgerald as the leagues number 1 WR. The Atlanta Falcons are playing for him.

DCX
Wow I thought you were joking, didn't notice until now he is out for the season. The seasons by some of the NFC receivers have been insane - Moss, White, Fitz, and Steve Smith (CAR) are putting up ridiculous numbers. I didn't think the NFC could produce like that.

Wellington said:
Wow I thought you were joking, didn't notice until now he is out for the season. The seasons by some of the NFC receivers have been insane - Moss, White, Fitz, and Steve Smith (CAR) are putting up ridiculous numbers. I didn't think the NFC could produce like that.

lol says the guy with the #1 wr in the league yardage wise.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Yea...its going to be hard to replace him..thank god I have Bess and Douglas is healthy. Last season it was White and no one else after I traded Moss.

A healthy Tank and a bigger role for Coffee and Hightower is the way to go..

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Not sure what's up with the AFC Receivers. I mean, besides Bellows, OchoCinco, Nog's TE and KC's HB/TE combo...it's kind of slim pickings.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
lol says the guy with the #1 wr in the league yardage wise.
I know what my guy is doing. I don't need to mention him in a post stating surprise at how all the NFC receivers are doing.

The thing with CJ, as FMT and Somnia will tell you, is that he can break tackles consistently. In OT against Somnia, he took a simple slant to the house after a broken tackle. Against Q, on an out, he broke a tackle, then juked another guy to turn a two yard catch into a 15 yard gain. He totally owned FMT's secondary on his longest play of the season, broken tackle, hurdle, and dragged a defender into the endzone. Amazing. :lol

Wellington said:
I know what my guy is doing. I don't need to mention him in a post stating surprise at how all the NFC receivers are doing.

The thing with CJ, as FMT and Somnia will tell you, is that he can break tackles consistently. In OT against Somnia, he took a simple slant to the house after a broken tackle. Against Q, on an out, he broke a tackle, then juked another guy to turn a two yard catch into a 15 yard gain. He totally owned FMT's secondary on his longest play of the season, broken tackle, hurdle, and dragged a defender into the endzone. Amazing. :lol

i don't look forward to trying to stop him at all, here's hoping jenkins doesn't get injured like he did against live.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Not sure what's up with the AFC Receivers. I mean, besides Bellows, OchoCinco, Nog's TE and KC's HB/TE combo...it's kind of slim pickings.
I usually score 30 on defense and then just have to shut everything down. :| No way can I put up the numbers that you dudes with no defenses can. Or the guys running up the score on the CPU *cough*Bob*cough*.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I usually score 30 on defense and then just have to shut everything down. :| No way can I put up the numbers that you dudes with no defenses can. Or the guys running up the score on the CPU *cough*Bob*cough*.
:(

Lonestar

Rorschach said:

Well, Sucks having to face Luke, LJ and his win-at-all cost ways (twice!), FMT and the fact that no matter how I approach the CPU teams, that fucking CPU QB...jeesus, stop being fricken perfect.

I'm holding ok against the run, but it seems that the more I run a succesful offense by passing, the other team does the same, and it just becomes No Defense City.

Rorschach

Thanks Sable and Wellie!

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work now. :(

11vnyxc.jpg

What the? :'(

Tried deleting my cache, cookies, etc. Nothing works.

[edit] NM got it to work :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Well, Sucks having to face Luke, LJ and his win-at-all cost ways (twice!), FMT and the fact that no matter how I approach the CPU teams, that fucking CPU QB...jeesus, stop being fricken perfect.

I'm holding ok against the run, but it seems that the more I run a succesful offense by passing, the other team does the same, and it just becomes No Defense City.
I think I saw you playing a game against the AI in which you scored 98 points. :lol

Lonestar

Wellington said:
I think I saw you playing a game against the AI in which you scored 98 points. :lol

Yes, because I sim the CPU's offensive series, and I haven't updated the other teams to match the current league, which is filled with insane bullshit players :lol

But yes, I do enjoy completly fucking over the CPU, because of how it can piss me off.

Rorschach

Damn, I should have had such an awesome game with PWilly. I've catapulted his ass to awesome status with 1 game! ;)

DM: did you switch to Sabby as your manual player?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Damn, I should have had such an awesome game with PWilly. I've catapulted his ass to awesome status with 1 game! ;)

DM: did you switch to Sabby as your manual player?
You played the Jets game right? Did you manual as PWill!? Beastliest numbers I have ever seen for one game!

Rorschach

Wellington said:
You played the Jets game right? Did you manual as PWill!? Beastliest numbers I have ever seen for one game!
A bit. I was switching between MLB and SS. He's insane. Even when he was handled by the AI, he was on top of his assignment. I've never seen anyone do exactly what I tell him to do to perfection. :lol I'd give up my entire D for him if I could trade.

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
A bit. I was switching between MLB and SS. He's insane. Even when he was handled by the AI, he was on top of his assignment. I've never seen anyone do exactly what I tell him to do to perfection. :lol I'd give up my entire D for him if I could trade.

And it's why you should NEVER get someone of his caliber. You're never getting Mayo. Unless the Raiders pick up McClain. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
And it's why you should NEVER get someone of his caliber. You're never getting Mayo. Unless the Raiders pick up McClain. :(
What would you give if the Giants got both McClain and Mt. Cody!?

And I'll sign Shaun Alexander away from you! (Or did he officially retire, I forget.)

Rorschach

Doubt it would happen since Al likes to get his LBs in the later rounds, but that would be fucking awesome for Madden 11 because he'd be overrated right off the bat. :D

BigAT

Rorschach said:
It's not especially tough to take care of your defensive assignment when you HAVE THE POWER OF PHASE SHIFTING.

Lonestar

:lol

It's been a nice ongoing battle between PWilly and Mayo.

Looking back, I know I had a 10 point loss to FMT (I hate you Tom Brady), but..

Mayo: 7 tackles 1 INT
PWilly: 6 tackles 1 INT

:D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'll never know the joy of a top LB. The guy I drafted after Rors stole Kassem has been a massive bust (De'Anthony Williams). He's riding pine and I'm playing guys that are north of 30 over him. He just sucks at life. My 56 rated LB far outperformed him in the same role so far this season.

Edit: Davion Kelly will be winning the TacklinOscar trophy this year. Sorry Lone.

Lonestar

Maybe I should try manual controlling Mayo finally. That's all been the CPU.

Barwin's been my Manual guy.

Dear God at the FG kicker stats. I'm pitiful at it. I'm either making the TD. Or I don't score. 7 Attempts all season!

Damn, Kelly's a Safety?

Are you playing him at the line or something????

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Damn, Kelly's a Safety?

Are you playing him at the line or something????
Pretty much. Phillips is my range-y safety and I keep him over the top, Kelly comes down into the box on almost every play for me by design. I had severe issues with my rushing d two seasons ago, and since adopting this play style I've been a lot better. I've gotten demolished by Donald Brown and J-Stew in the last few games, but both of them have incredible OLs so I don't feel too badly.

Lonestar

Wellington said:
Pretty much. Phillips is my range-y safety and I keep him over the top, Kelly comes down into the box on almost every play for me by design. I had severe issues with my rushing d two seasons ago, and since adopting this play style I've been a lot better. I've gotten demolished by Donald Brown and J-Stew in the last few games, but both of them have incredible OLs so I don't feel too badly.

Just use the 46 playbook. It's what I do, because Chung isn't a range-y safety either. Extreme Hit Power.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Just use the 46 playbook. It's what I do, because Chung isn't a range-y safety either. Extreme Hit Power.

I've found that the 46 is weak to the outside. The shift towards more tosses in the league has kept me away from running the 46. Bringing Kelly down on the weakside and user controlling Sintim on the strongside allows me to stop tosses well.

Kelly is so beast, I will miss him in Madden 11. :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:
Yeah, draft day. They should have a blog up by then. Can't believe the draft is almost here!!!

thecoldone33 (10:44:18 PM): bet your excited about the draft
thecoldone33 (10:44:20 PM): oh wait
thecoldone33 (10:44:23 PM): you guys dont have one
thecoldone33 (10:44:32 PM): you gave it up for a QB that throws 40 picks a year
mrbob2k1 (10:45:17 PM): lol

Rorschach

CB3 said:
:lol Bears can stay home on day 1. I wonder if they'll still force their reps to stay there at their table with their chin in one hand.

s1hv7k.gif

Lonestar

Wellington said:
I've found that the 46 is weak to the outside. The shift towards more tosses in the league has kept me away from running the 46. Bringing Kelly down on the weakside and user controlling Sintim on the strongside allows me to stop tosses well.

Kelly is so beast, I will miss him in Madden 11. :(

Ah yeah, I see. Besides Sintim and perhaps that one 79 MLB, you've got the heftier/slower LB core. I'm out there with 3 LB's 84+ in speed, and Barwin at the DE with 80 speed.

Though tosses are still a bitch. No one runs up the middle. Wilfork and Axel just don't get many tackles.

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
I ran around Wilfork last time, though. :lol I forgot who was on the left side, but he had a bad day. :D

I had a bad day, because I kept switching to the player in line to tackle McFadden, and running him out of the way. I hate player switching, but I still do it, and I still mess that up.

I'm just hoping I can successfully run the ball, to keep McFadden on the sideline.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
I had a bad day, because I kept switching to the player in line to tackle McFadden, and running him out of the way. I hate player switching, but I still do it, and I still mess that up.

I'm just hoping I can successfully run the ball, to keep McFadden on the sideline.
McFadden will keep himself on the sideline. :| He's been out a lot this year. Little bitch. >:|

Oh well, I made my run last year without him. Bush futures!

Lonestar

Far as I can tell, he's on his last injury week. We don't play till the week after. I'm just hoping that Pheenicks doesn't injure half my team like last time we played. Think he knocked out LTaylor for 3 weeks.

Oh yeah, and that Patriot "fan" in the NFL topic and the Mock Draft...God Damn...Hardy in the 1st???? Don't want to be mean. But Retarded.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Ah yeah, I see. Besides Sintim and perhaps that one 79 MLB, you've got the heftier/slower LB core. I'm out there with 3 LB's 84+ in speed, and Barwin at the DE with 80 speed.

Though tosses are still a bitch. No one runs up the middle. Wilfork and Axel just don't get many tackles.
I know, it sucks. :( To make matters worse I use Sintim at DE. :lol

I roll with Boley, Bradley, Brackett, the killer B's motherfucker!! (They are so SLOW. :| )

Striker

Lonestar said:
The speedy guys I can't contain (even against CPU at times; i.e. Chris Johnson >_<) when they just break outside runs or tosses. Hardly get smashed up the gut - but like you said, people rarely do it anyways, so...

The best back I've faced has been Donald Brown, a non-Fantasy guy. He has great numbers all around. Why did Luke trade him? He and a guy like Girley could feast.

Nightz

Striker said:
The best back I've faced has been Donald Brown, a non-Fantasy guy. He has great numbers all around. Why did Luke trade him? He and a guy like Girley could feast.
That was the off-season I took over the Bengals from Somnia. I believe I had the fifth pick, and I definitely needed a lot of help on both sides of the ball. I traded Luke the pick and got Antoine Bethea and D-Bro, both of whom have been awesome for me. His pick turned into Mack Jackson, who picks off anything remotely close to him whenever I play Luke and is just a beast overall, so I think it worked out for both of us.

Oh, an awesome O-line helps too. :D

LukeSmith

Striker said:
The speedy guys I can't contain (even against CPU at times; i.e. Chris Johnson >_<) when they just break outside runs or tosses. Hardly get smashed up the gut - but like you said, people rarely do it anyways, so...

Mack Jackson and Prince Justin is why I traded D-bro. I'd do it again everytime

Somnia

CB3 said:
:lol :lol

Top Bottom