• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Don't they make cheap USB controller adapters? Aren't both consoles' controllers USB standard anyway?
You can plug any PC controller into the PS3, but not into the 360.

CB3 said:
the D-pad on the PS3 is worse. that shit used to give me blisters from just playing MegaMan
The PS3 dpad isn't all that great, but it's not worse. It's about accuracy. Man up!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:
No excuses. You still didn't stand a chance against scrub characters when I used them in MVC2 with the shitty dpad. You probably wouldn't stand a chance in SSFIV either.

MvC2 isnt Street Fighter. Sorry

DMczaf

More gameplay info on Madden 11

http://www.operationsports.com/preview.php?id=101

GameFlow/Game Planning

First off, you can completely customize what plays end up in the GameFlow playbook, and you can change plays on a game by game basis. You can even rate your plays via a five-star system (like on iTunes) so that you can easily find them on the fly when customizing a GameFlow. I can already see myself putting together different game plans for online and offline franchise mode, which would add an NFL Head Coach-like layer of strategy to the game that has been sorely missing since the removal of the create-a-play feature.

Finally, as advertised, GameFlow dramatically increases the tempo at which the game is played. In a day and age where the "core" Madden gamer is getting older and has more non-gaming responsibilities, it is very refreshing to be able to complete an entire game of Madden in roughly 30 minutes. I was able to play an entire half utilizing GameFlow in approximately 15 minutes, and it did not feel like I had been cheated out of a gameplay or play calling opportunity either. Instead, I felt like I was an actual NFL head coach who had a laminated page of plays in hand. Yes, I know I come off sounding a bit lame by writing that, but as a huge fan of the NFL, it is a feeling I have never had before in a football game.

Line Interaction

Similar to the NCAA series, shoddy line play and interaction has been something that has plagued the Madden series for years. However, the new locomotion engine has gone a long way towards improving what some considered "broken" line play in past iterations of the series.

Since players now have to plant before moving, suction blocking and lackluster AI seem to have at least been minimized when it comes to the offensive and defensive lines. During my limited amount of time playing the game, I was able to get solid pressure on the QB when it made sense. In addition, the CPU also pressured me if I attempted to hold the ball for too long in the pocket.

New Kicking Meter (Gus Johnson and new kicking meter? Is this French Movie Theme NFL 11?!)

As a side note, the kicking meter has also been completely redone. It now more closely resembles the putting meter from the Tiger Woods games. Ian explained to me that this change was the best way to differentiate kicker ability in the game because the old meter would not allow the developers to create the differences that truly exist in the NFL. The meter feels great to use, but since I was only able to use one kicker during my time with the game, I was unable to feel any difference in how the meter reacted.

DMczaf

I forgot one of the biggies, Turbo Button is now off by default.

When I first sat down with Ian, I was introduced to Madden’s locomotion engine. Much like NCAA Football 11’s movement mechanics, Madden’s locomotion engine promises to provide much more realistic player movement and acceleration on the field. On offense, the right stick now controls a player's upper torso, giving players unprecedented control over a ball carrier's ability to shed and avoid tacklers.

The most surprising addition to Madden 11’s gameplay is actually a subtraction: the removal of a turbo button (off by defaut, can be turned on). Taking a cue from EA’s successful NHL franchise, Madden 11 no longer requires players to spam a turbo button in a desperate attempt to create offensive separation or track down an elusive player on defense. Instead, player speed and acceleration are completely tied to ratings.

While I was a bit surprised when Ian let me in on the removal of the turbo button (again, this is off by default and can be turned back on) once I got my hands on the game, I immediately felt the difference. The best way I can sum up my gameplay experience with Madden 11 is that the game feels very organic in the way it moves. In other words, the days of choppy animation transitions and stop/starts on a dime that were in previous versions of the game should be minimized this year -- replaced now by an an overall feel that sim fans everywhere should enjoy.

Smokey

blah blah they say the same stuff every year with Madden so we'll see.

Although turbo button off by default is a pretty interesting change.

CB3

I like the change, atleast the idea of it. we'll see how it actually works.

It will be weird not haveing some button to hold in a football game

daw840

We need to go back to actually having to mash the turbo button rapidly instead of just holding it down. I think that would be more funner.

CB3

daw840 said:
We need to go back to actually having to mash the turbo button rapidly instead of just holding it down. I think that would be more funner.

thats too much mario party

LiveWire

daw840 said:

Yea because I haven't popped enough veins in my head from the fumble mini-game yet. :p

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
Yea because I haven't popped enough veins in my head from the fumble mini-game yet. :p
the mini game blows. lag and bs turbo fingers lose me the battle 80% of the time. Hell i lost one where i was the only one who jumped on it...it waited 6 seconds for a defender to jump on it and with the meter clearly in my favor i still lost the battle :/

DCX

Mrbob

Yeah the mini game is garbage....I still don't know what the appeal is of gameflow to the hardcore. Turning on the acc clock it cuts down on game time anyway.

LJ11

How are they going to balance on vs off? I lay off the turbo until I hit a hole, get on the turbo as soon as I see an opening. But hey, if the game feels more "organic" I'm all for it, that's been my biggest beef for a while....

Mrbob said:
Yeah the mini game is garbage....I still don't know what the appeal is of gameflow to the hardcore. Turning on the acc clock it cuts down on game time anyway.

You'll have the cheapest plays available at your finger tips. Simpler. Quicker. Cheesier.

Mrbob

I was thinking it would be based upon how hard you press on the analog stick but it sounds like it will be automatic. So I don't know for certain. :lol

Birdy lets play tommorrow night. The Blackhawks game is on tonight and I want to watch it.

CB3

I hate vick. Overthrows bastards when im not even leading the ball

Edit: BJAC is an asshole. CK goes FB dive everytime he lines up at FB and i know its coming and i pinch the line and blitz the LB's and he still breaks through like nothing

daw840

Wellington said:
In the battle of QBs that can't hit the broadside of a barn, motherfucking Kenny Phillips tears his achilles, done for the year. :|

Oh shit! Isn't that your 1st and 2nd string out?

Do you even have another?!?

Birdman02

Mrbob said:
I was thinking it would be based upon how hard you press on the analog stick but it sounds like it will be automatic. So I don't know for certain. :lol

Birdy lets play tommorrow night. The Blackhawks game is on tonight and I want to watch it.

I'm gonna have to watch the Mavs
last
game tomorrow night. Can we play after either one of those? I might be able to play before if that works better for you.

Mrbob

What time is the start tomorrow for the Spurs/Mavs? If it is around 9 cst that will be too late.

Maybe tonight after the hawks game. It should be done around 10 to 10:30cst.

Otherwise we can shoot for Wed night.

CB3

How do I say goodbye to what we had?
The good times that made us laugh
Outweigh the bad.

Arizona+Cardinals+v+Philadelphia+Eagles+1V2jyoW3E2xl.jpg

I thought we'd get to see forever
But forever's gone away
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.

mcnabb.jpg

I don't know where this road
Is going to lead
All I know is where we've been
And what we've been through.

mcnabb.jpg

If we get to see tomorrow
I hope it's worth all the wait

large_donovan_mcnabb_browns.jpg

And I'll take with me the memories
To be my sunshine after the rain

donovan-mcnabb.jpg

Birdman02

Mrbob said:
What time is the start tomorrow for the Spurs/Mavs? If it is around 9 cst that will be too late.

Maybe tonight after the hawks game. It should be done around 10 to 10:30cst.

Otherwise we can shoot for Wed night.

I can play after the Hawks game tonight.

If not, the Mavs game is at 8:30 cst tomorrow night.

CB3

with the halo reach beta incoming anyone wanna get some Halo 3 in?

Im sure Smokey and Ram would be in

CB3

Its ok. Ill have Killer Kolb next season. If they can just rate him atleast in the 75 overall range or so, ill be ok

Smokey

CB3 said:
with the halo reach beta incoming anyone wanna get some Halo 3 in?

Im sure Smokey and Ram would be in

Don't think I can do much of anything until the end of Thursday. 5 exams this week :(

DM when can you play?

I have 5 exams Tue-Thur so...sometime today..preferably ASAP..would really really be helpful.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Is Striker gone or something? Let me know and I will play the CPU. Otherwise I'll wait for him.
Oh. Didn't realize it was him. Just looked at name vs no name. Dunno if he quit. I saw him saying he was done earlier in the thread, but I thought that meant he was done trying to play that disconnected game with Somnia.

Top Bottom