• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Mrbob

Hmm, ok...I should be able to play after 9cst tomorrow night. Or around the same time Tuesday night. Chances of me getting a loss just increased by 75%.

Mrbob said:
Hmm, ok...I should be able to play after 9cst tomorrow night. Or around the same time Tuesday night. Chances of me getting a loss just increased by 75%.

i already gave bird tips on how to beat your offense so it is increased by 175% then

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i already gave bird tips on how to beat your offense so it is increased by 175% then

:/

Is your plan giving up 460 passing yards on defense, relying on two spider sense ints, a missed fg, and me running out of time at your 4 yard line? :D

Mrbob said:
:/

Is your plan giving up 460 passing yards on defense, relying on two spider sense ints, a missed fg, and me running out of time at your 4 yard line? :D

um, i beat you by 10, so you can have as many plays as you want from my 4 yard line, you would have still had to get the ball back on an onside kick and go down the field again.

i would also say you had 200 yards worth of bogus plays and "freeballin'"! i give you credit for 260 yards passing, nothing more!

Mrbob

At least I have some real tactics to use instead of relying on Vick cheese. :D

i would also say you had 200 yards worth of bogus plays and "freeballin'"! i give you credit for 260 yards passing, nothing more!

Getting out of the pocket and throwing isn't freeballin. Doing a play action, seeing the linebacker coming in untouched to hit your QB in the back, then deciding to throw the ball doing a 180 jump motion action dump off pass to your RB for a TD is.

Mrbob

Speaking of cheese, don't have that one seed locked up yet FMT. There is still a small possibility of me taking that over via MTC...but not likely looking at my schedule.

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:
Speaking of cheese, don't have that one seed locked up yet FMT. There is still a small possibility of me taking that over via MTC...but not likely looking at my schedule.

You can count me as a free win Bob, I'm a win or a birdman loss away from locking up the Division and it looks like Rors and I are heading for another first round matchup.

Mrbob said:

that's true. if i beat the lions i guarantee myself a bye week, and if i then beat the cards i guarantee the #1 seed.

p.s. rors and smokey could both finish 15-1 and one (rors, thanks to madden tie breaker but i have no idea who would actually win the tie breaker in the NFL in that scenario) will have to play a road wildcard game :lol

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
that's true. if i beat the lions i guarantee myself a bye week, and if i then beat the cards i guarantee the #1 seed.

p.s. rors and smokey could both finish 15-1 and one (rors, thanks to madden tie breaker but i have no idea who would actually win the tie breaker in the NFL in that scenario) will have to play a road wildcard game :lol
I'm used to it. :\ Had to play on the road all last season in the playoffs. Sucks!

If I had known, I probably wouldn't have wasted that first game on Fitch.

Nightz

peterb0y said:
wow... I actually beat somebody....

Good game dude, got really tense at the end
champagne_bottle_1.jpg

LukeSmith

Heartbreaker for daw in Indy. Scored to win on 4th and goal from the 5 with 2 ticks left. GG daw you came back after I got out to a hot start.

daw840

LukeSmith said:
Heartbreaker for daw in Indy. Scored to win on 4th and goal from the 5 with 2 ticks left. GG daw you came back after I got out to a hot start.

Yeah, GG, maddening for me though at the end. I always ALMOST beat people.

daw840

Smokey said:
Damnit daw you have to close games like that out!

You score 29 pts in the second half to his 14 YOU HAVE.TO WIN.THE.GAME!

Biggest mistake I think was squibbing it and giving him a short field with 30 seconds left....

Smokey

daw840 said:
Biggest mistake I think was squibbing it and giving him a short field with 30 seconds left....

Still an impressive showing, I'll be sure to consult you if I play Lukem's in the playoffs!

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
Wellie made the same mistake season 1 playoff game. I proceeded to tie the game to force OT and eventually won in OT on a taint.

DCX

LukeSmith

DCX said:
Wellie made the same mistake season 1 playoff game. I proceeded to tie the game to force OT and eventually won in OT on a taint.

DCX

memory
all alone in the moonlight
I can smile at the old days
i was beautiful then

Rorschach

I squib against good special teams when there are few seconds left. IIRC, the Colts have shitty ST and a powerful offense. I'd drive that shit to the endzone in that instance.

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
I squib against good special teams when there are few seconds left. IIRC, the Colts have shitty ST and a powerful offense. I'd drive that shit to the endzone in that instance.

ST is 1 bar!

Vikes have tons of Bars now! So do Pats! My team is light on bars

LukeSmith

Nightz said:
Speaking of bars...how is the coaching bar determined?

Seems preset and unchanging. In Offline Franchise it gives your team bonuses - certain coaches give certain bonuses - not sure if that bonus mechanic is employed in online franchise. I'd guess no, but wouldn't be surprised if it was used.

Colts have 0, which is correct after Jim Caldwell's coaching last year

Rorschach

Nightz said:
Speaking of bars...how is the coaching bar determined?
It never changes. It's based on your coaching staff. DM is going to have a sliver for his entire Madden career.

___Raiders_____________Buccaneers_
[___|___|
___
] Coaching [
|
___|___|___]

Even Cable gives me 1 bar. :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
LukeSmith said:
Seems preset and unchanging. In Offline Franchise it gives your team bonuses - certain coaches give certain bonuses - not sure if that bonus mechanic is employed in online franchise. I'd guess no, but wouldn't be surprised if it was used.
I wouldn't be surprised if EA didn't know.

Also I think all rookie coaches get 0.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
It never changes. It's based on your coaching staff. DM is going to have a sliver for his entire Madden career.

___Raiders_____________Buccaneers_
[___|___|
___
] Coaching [
|
___|___|___]

Even Cable gives me 1 bar. :lol

I think it changes in offline franchise, but not online, because that would make too much sense for Tiburon. :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'll beat that ass when i get the game in a week or so, just like i do in marvel vs capcom

We went through this. Street fighter takes skill. Marvel Vs Capcom is just cheesy like the 1-5-5 D

Top Bottom