• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
daw840 said:
BOOO, Lost can't hold a candle to Breaking Bad and YOU KNOW IT!

Course I don't know it, I've only watched 4 or 5 episodes of BB, counting last night.

Don't worry.

I've never seen Madmen.

Or The Wire.

Nightz

How many seasons of Lost are there? I wanna start watching the series, but just thinking of the amount of time it'll take to catch up is discouraging. :|

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nightz said:
How many seasons of Lost are there? I wanna start watching the series, but just thinking of the amount of time it'll take to catch up is discouraging. :|
It will fly by dude. Trust us on that one.

LiveWire

Nightz, I caught up Season 3, 4 and 5 in about two weeks of watching an episode or two a night. Lost's broadcast seasons are shorter than most TV shows (partially due to the writer's strike). Catching up is not hard at all, compared to catching up on something like 24 or Buffy.

Nightz

Thanks fellas. The thing is I started P90X and I barely have any time after work and the workouts on weekdays (plus SSF4 comes out today). I'll try to squeeze Lost into my weekends. :D I have Netflix so I'll just stream the episodes.

BigAT

daw840 said:
FUCK YEAH! Best episode for the entire series IMO. Also best TV show on right now, hands down.
He's right you know, and this is coming from a Lost fan. I can barely enjoy Lost anymore, the last season especially, because it feels like such trite shit compared to Breaking Bad.

Bob, what time can you dance tonight?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Nightz said:
Thanks fellas. The thing is I started P90X and I barely have any time after work and the workouts on weekdays (plus SSF4 comes out today). I'll try to squeeze Lost into my weekends. :D I have Netflix so I'll just stream the episodes.
PSN or XBL?

daw840

Somnia said:
I'm free all day today and tomorrow (I might be busy around 9pm cst tomorrow dunno yet). Just let me know what works for you.

I may be goin for a ride right after work today, but I should be around sometime this evening. I will just post here.

Mrbob

BigAT said:
He's right you know, and this is coming from a Lost fan. I can barely enjoy Lost anymore, the last season especially, because it feels like such trite shit compared to Breaking Bad.

Bob, what time can you dance tonight?

I really need to see Breaking Bad. People keep on telling me its awesome.

Dunno about vancing tonight....might have to be tomorrow!

breaking bad is the best show on television. there is a shocking lack of lame dialog and retarded sex scenes (spartacus), but i think it makes up for it in other areas ;)

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
breaking bad is the best show on television. there is a shocking lack of lame dialog and retarded sex scenes (spartacus), but i think it makes up for it in other areas ;)

Preach it brotha!

edit: Somnia, want to go now?

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
2vifb40.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
No luck. Brandon Jacobs breaks collarbone against CPU. Out ten weeks, basically done for the year. Worst year ever for injuries for me.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
No luck. Brandon Jacobs breaks collarbone against CPU. Out ten weeks, basically done for the year. Worst year ever for injuries for me.
holy shit!! you must have caught the bug from me :/

DCX

LiveWire

Wellington said:

Might as well lose your remaining games then. You really don't want to hit the playoffs without a TRUE G-G-G-GGGGGMENNNNNN roster, right? Let the Skins take care of this one for ya.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Steelers are fucking thugs. They knocked Eli out for the first half, thankfully Ben "Dwyane" Wade has been in training.

I am fucked next week against CB without Big Jake. :|

Somnia

Man the more videos I watch of Madden 11 and hear about it...I hope we get to turn off gameflow for online franchise or at least have something in between.

TheCrow

Somnia said:
Man the more videos I watch of Madden 11 and hear about it...I hope we get to turn off gameflow for online franchise or at least have something in between.
I think it could be useful especially to set up certain plays for 3rd and long situations or 3rd and short. Makes picking plays quicker. I want more features like Gameflow than Fight for the Fumble.

DCX

DCX
gg CB, just could get shit going on offense...i miss Roddy even though Bess had a good game. BS on that fumble over turned :/ Ross playing volleyball :(

DCX

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
I think it could be useful especially to set up certain plays for 3rd and long situations or 3rd and short. Makes picking plays quicker. I want more features like Gameflow than Fight for the Fumble.
This coming from the guy that uses "ask Madden"!

I'd hate for this to be on in our franchise, but only if it limited my play calling ability. If it's just helping bad play callers call better plays, I'm all for it, but this whole "let's cut play time by taking out strategy!" thing doesn't sound good to me.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The new Madden will be made both "simpler" and "quicker" through GameFlow, the buzzword for an optional auto–play calling mode, which puts players in the role of a quarterback that receives his plays from an AI coach. "Not everyone has an hour to dedicate," says senior producer Phil Frazier, alluding to the average length of a typical Maddden match. GameFlow is said to shave down match times to 30 minutes.

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
This coming from the guy that uses "ask Madden"!

I'd hate for this to be on in our franchise, but only if it limited my play calling ability. If it's just helping bad play callers call better plays, I'm all for it, but this whole "let's cut play time by taking out strategy!" thing doesn't sound good to me.
Hey now, Madden has only been in my headset this year. :)

I'm pretty sure you can customize the plays that are shown in gameflow. I would think that would make strategy more prevalent since you can make up specific gameplans to suit the play styles of your opponents. I think the way that they will cut down play time is by lessening the time between finding the play you want and calling it. At least that is what I hope EA will try to do. But I could just be completely wrong and EA could half ass the whole thing. :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:
Nothing is "optional" online. They also said game speed was optional. The fumble mini game was optional. Not online it's not. Not in online franchise either. And "gameflow" is the default.

someone tweet Ian!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Nothing is "optional" online. They also said game speed was optional. The fumble mini game was optional. Not online it's not. Not in online franchise either. And "gameflow" is the default.
Rors there are online sliders for the stuff you are describing....

33xaukg.jpg

DMczaf

Rorschach said:

Well if you would have looked at the videos i sent you, you would see that you just press a button to use normal playcalling instead of your Gameplan/Gameflow that you create.

but you didn't look at the videos, just like JRuss doesn't look at game film.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Well if you would have looked at the videos i sent you, you would see that you just press a button to use normal playcalling instead of your Gameplan/Gameflow that you create.

but you didn't look at the videos, just like JRuss doesn't look at game film.
Pfft all you send me are videos of fucking Tebow for 20 minutes and half a second of gameplay in the background on a small monitor.

Anyway, from the vids I saw, Ian said they limit your play calling to your "gameplan" so that's why I got the wrong idea. If what you say is the case, then that's good since we have some HORRIBLE play callers in this league.
Wellington said:
Rors there are online sliders for the stuff you are describing....

.... [IG]http://i44.tinypic.com/33xaukg.jpg[/IMG]
:lol

DMczaf

The game was noticeably faster, something that was accentuated by the new ability to tap A through every presentation element (including things like measuring for a first down and discussing a touchdown) to get right back to the action.

:O

Mrbob

AT prevails, looks like I get the NFC East. My guys couldn't tackle at all that game. Taking 5 yard passes and making them about 45 to 50 because my guys kept on falling off. :lol

Top Bottom