• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

BigAT

Mrbob said:
AT prevails, looks like I get the NFC East. My guys couldn't tackle at all that game. Taking 5 yard passes and making them about 45 to 50 because my guys kept on falling off. :lol
I thought I was screwed after Devin Hester took a kick back 108 yards for a TD in the fourth. THANK GOD Jerious Norwood matched him on the proceeding kick off for the go-ahead touchdown. Norwood was also the one that took what was an absolutely desperation pass due to an incoming blitz 62 yards for a TD despite getting hit basically at the line of scrimmage (see above). 41 yards of rushing and a TD rounded out a big day all around for Jerious. He saved my ass.

Mrbob

That dude had butter on him in the game I think. :lol Three guys fell off of him on that dump off pass which was your 62 yard td, and then he shed off two guys on the kick return. I'm not even trying to rip the ball out or hit stick either.

I can't wait till Madden 11 when I'll have a real dline which can get pressure on the QB! Jpep + Harris combo!

Mrbob said:
That dude had butter on him in the game I think. :lol Three guys fell off of him on that dump off pass which was your 62 yard td, and then he shed off two guys on the kick return. I'm not even trying to rip the ball out or hit stick either.

I can't wait till Madden 11 when I'll have a real dline which can get pressure on the QB! Jpep + Harris combo!

you could have had jpep in THIS league if you played your cards right!

Smokey said:
Sable when can you take your beating like a man?
Friday around 5-6pm est or anytime Saturday

Wellington said:
My spidey sense is telling me Bob prefers to matchup against a McNabb-less Eagles/Jacobs less Giants than the Saints!

After what I did to him in last years playoff game and given the injuries I can't say I blame him, although I won't have bush this go around. Like I said though, unless I beat Rors or Smokey, or you beat CB I'm not making it to the playoffs due to MTC.

Like you said though I shouldn't worry about anything besides taking care of business myself.

This year the playoff picture seems pretty clear for both conferences. It'll be me/wellington as one wild card and bob/big at as the other. AFC will be rors/smokey as one and lone/birdman as the other

BigAT

New kicking window is...interesting.

500x_10.8.184.66-image431_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ph33nix said:
I'm glad we can press buttons now. Half the time my joystick doesn't respond when I push it up :lol
Damn, I thought you were a good kicker in our game. Every kickoff in the back of the endzone and that 50+ yarder.

Mrbob

Tiger Woods kicking? Hopefully it affects accuaracy at a longer distance. Not fun watching 55+ yard fgs go in so easily! ;)

Oh and I really don't care who I play. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Win and I keep playing, lose and I'm free!

AstroLad said:
Damn, I thought you were a good kicker in our game. Every kickoff in the back of the endzone and that 50+ yarder.

Ok, maybe a quarter of the time. Sadly kicking is the only good thing I can contribute. If we had a football club the way Fifa has one I'd definitely be relegated to kicker :lol

daw840

ph33nix said:
Ok, maybe a quarter of the time. Sadly kicking is the only good thing I can contribute. If we had a football club the way Fifa has one I'd definitely be relegated to kicker :lol

That would be fucking awesome if they could figure out a way to be able to control every person on the team in a mode like that. I would be willing to bet not many people would play, but I guarantee we could get an 11 on 11 team going here on GAF.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I like what EA did with the new Penalty Shooting system in FIFA World Cup. If Madden '11 follows suit, it should make kicking much less automatic. And I think kickers kicking 65 yard FGs is insane. I really hope I don't see that next year.

Mrbob

DMczaf said:
It's just the PS2/Xbox meter, but laid out horizontal instead of in a curl.

Which is awesome, there was never a reason to get rid of it!

Immersion is gone now! You could feel like you were the kicker moving the analog stick down then up..... :/

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Probably early, or it's already thought of, but how many people are back for Season 5, and any thoughts of people moving to other divisions, to possibly have more competition? I'd hate to be the only person left in the AFC East playing. Any thoughts? If there are only enough people to fill 1 conference, shouldn't we all cram into one of them? And if so, do we put in a trade clause for players we'd could bring over.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
After what I did to him in last years playoff game and given the injuries I can't say I blame him, although I won't have bush this go around. Like I said though, unless I beat Rors or Smokey, or you beat CB I'm not making it to the playoffs due to MTC.

Like you said though I shouldn't worry about anything besides taking care of business myself.

This year the playoff picture seems pretty clear for both conferences. It'll be me/wellington as one wild card and bob/big at as the other. AFC will be rors/smokey as one and lone/birdman as the other

1) I invented the Eeyore schtick. Please stop or I will have my lawyers pay you a visit.

2) You without Bush is not the same as CB without McNabb or me without BJac/Phillips. We have to alter our strategies, you just plug in Westbrook and can do the same things.

3) CB will beat me so you should try and win one of your games.

4) I am out for revenge against Bob. The addition of Megatron was a result of my last game against him.

DenogginizerOS

daw840 said:
:lol :lol :lol

"Evil Comes With Strings Attached" BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Where the hell is that from?!?:lol
Speaking of evil, your avatar is in perfect synch with the Talking Head's Psycho Killer which just started playing on my iTunes. :lol :lol

Wellington said:
1) I invented the Eeyore schtick. Please stop or I will have my lawyers pay you a visit.

2) You without Bush is not the same as CB without McNabb or me without BJac/Phillips. We have to alter our strategies, you just plug in Westbrook and can do the same things.

3) CB will beat me so you should try and win one of your games.

4) I am out for revenge against Bob. The addition of Megatron was a result of my last game against him.

1) I did say I smashed bob, so it wasn't a complete Eeyore schtick. Actually that was probably the least Eeyore post i've done in a while. It was all really factually based, just saying there is a strong likely hood I will get screwed out of the playoffs due to MTC.

2) true

3) beat him kthx.

TheCrow

Lonestar said:
Probably early, or it's already thought of, but how many people are back for Season 5, and any thoughts of people moving to other divisions, to possibly have more competition? I'd hate to be the only person left in the AFC East playing. Any thoughts? If there are only enough people to fill 1 conference, shouldn't we all cram into one of them? And if so, do we put in a trade clause for players we'd could bring over.
I'm in for season 5 since I can't miss the offseason, my favorite aspect of Online Franchise. Fortunately, I think my division is going to stay intact so it works out well for me. After May 14 I'll be done with school and will be able to actually play. I wouldn't be against people switching teams but I'll try to make myself available as a sub often, if anyone needs one.

I'm hoping Tiburon is saving the best for last since they haven't announced any online franchise changes. Only new online feature we know of is 3v3 but it hasn't been even been officially announced.

Lonestar

TheCrow said:
I'm in for season 5 since I can't miss the offseason, my favorite aspect of Online Franchise. Fortunately, I think my division is going to stay intact so it works out well for me. After May 14 I'll be done with school and will be able to actually play. I wouldn't be against people switching teams but I'll try to make myself available as a sub often, if anyone needs one.

I'm hoping Tiburon is saving the best for last since they haven't announced any online franchise changes. Only new online feature we know of is 3v3 but it hasn't been even been officially announced.

If the AFC East stay's in tact, I'm ok to stay, but if it's just me, or just 2 people, I'd be tempted to move to another division to fill it up.

But having drafted players, I'd hate to leave them behind, but I wouldn't want it to just turn into "bring everyone over" so I figured like a 5 for 5 type deal. So, if I went and took up Seattle, and wanted to bring Bellows, Mayo, and Taylor, I'd need to send TJ, Lafu, and Leron to the Patriots. Just limit the amount of players you can send over, and you'd have to trade starter for starter.

I'm staying but I'd be gone for over half the season...I'll just play what I can and let someone else have the privilege of controlling Kelly. he's rated a 94 now in his 3rd season...what upside...

daw840

Yeah, I don't know about switching teams. I kind of know what's going on with my team and have figured out how to use them finally. Of course its at the end of the last official season. LOL.

DenogginizerOS

I plan on sticking around for another season, but the fact we have some divisions with one team being controlled by a human is not very fun.

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:
I plan on sticking around for another season, but the fact we have some divisions with one team being controlled by a human is not very fun.

Cool, I don't have to move!

We just need to move the people in 1 team/2 team divisions, to someplace else.

DMczaf

TheCrow said:

They already laid out the marketing plan

April = Gameplay

May = Presentation

June = Online

Birdman02

Rorschach said:
Where's birdman? I'm hesitant to PM him because I might be PM'ing his wife instead. What if I broke up a happy home over Madden?!
:lol :lol

Sorry for not posting sooner, but I didn't realize we had already advanced. I've been crazy busy at work this week. I MIGHT be able to play around 10:30 est tonight, but it's not looking too good right now.

Birdman02

DenogginizerOS said:

Unless Luke plans on coming back, I'll be the only one left in the AFC south. I think I'd rather stay in the division by myself and get fill-ins for at least some of my CPU games...instead of automatically having a CPU team in the playoffs.

Rorschach

GG DCX

Wow, the Texans are stacked. Especially on D. I didn't even have the right personnel in, but it didn't matter because there are so many high rated or underrated players on that defense. I miss you Nnamdi and Higgins! And even Fargas... a little... ok, not so much.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
GG DCX

Wow, the Texans are stacked. Especially on D. I didn't even have the right personnel in, but it didn't matter because there are so many high rated or underrated players on that defense. I miss you Nnamdi and Higgins! And even Fargas... a little... ok, not so much.
Insane, how did he not have a winning season idk. Bjoeron and the D, game over.

DCX

Top Bottom