• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
Er yeah, forgot to say I am out. Nothing really left to do within the parameters of the game for me. Looking to redouble my efforts in the gym and with the weather turning, I just won't be home all that often.

Thanks everyone for playing and talking shop with me. I enjoyed breaking the game open more than usual. I hope whoever I tried to help actually benefited and that I did not use cheeseball tactics against anyone!

jacobs.jpg

Lies! Your whole offense was based off the biggest bastard cheeseball in madden.

ip4i2u.jpg

Somnia

Wellington said:
Er yeah, forgot to say I am out. Nothing really left to do within the parameters of the game for me. Looking to redouble my efforts in the gym and with the weather turning, I just won't be home all that often.

Thanks everyone for playing and talking shop with me. I enjoyed breaking the game open more than usual. I hope whoever I tried to help actually benefited and that I did not use cheeseball tactics against anyone!

See ya in 11 buddy! Next time we play you shall not have Megatron!

If I don't come back for season 5 I am keeping Madden if anyone ever wants to just play a game or wants a non-cpu if I'm around. Just look for me on AIM.

LiveWire

Wow, Giants go out losing two to the lowly Redskins and dropping the last game of the season and losing the division to the Eagles. I sure wouldn't wanna go out like
a chump
that, but I can understand when real life responsibilities beckon. See you next season CK, unless you somehow decide to
find your sack
come back.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Wow, Giants go out losing two to the lowly Redskins and dropping the last game of the season and losing the division to the Eagles. I sure wouldn't wanna go out like
a chump
that, but I can understand when real life responsibilities beckon. See you next season CK, unless you somehow decide to
find your sack
come back.
:lol

Why do you always want to dig into me when I am at work instead of at home where I have the evidence showing how fluke-tastic your wins over me this season were?

The facts are very clear:

1) I have consistently won 10+ games in a season.

2) You have never won 10+ games. You probably never will against human competition. Heck the AI kept it close on you.

You've played so many scrims and have subbed for so many teams (more than anyone else), I'd think that you would be able to put together a season in which you could get a playoff berth, but you haven't. In fact you haven't even come close enough to be able to blame MTC!

Regarding the game with CB, it was not meant to be. My D played out of its mind (under 200 yards allowed, 5 FGs for CB, 0 third down conversions, 1/4 in allowing RZ TDs - all with 7 turnovers from my O) but I could not get out of my own way on offense. I didn't win an SB but I am happy with what I have gotten out of this game and the franchise.

Hopefully Sable gets the Redskins in '11 so they have a shot at the playoffs. Dropping two games to you is no biggie since you're usually out of it by week 5.

Smokey

peterb0y said:
sorry man, ive been swamped with finals... if you saw someone on the xbox that was my roommate, ive pretty much been in the library all day... If you want, i can play now, or if not we can try for sometime tues afternoon
if that doesn't work, you can play the ai or sim it or whatever

Oh yeah I forgot you you've got a roommate. I understand about finals, so Tuesday (after Lost) would be fine.

Wellington said:
farewell ether to Live

LiveWire

Yea I guess I suck since I couldn't go 16-0 every season considering I had to overcome a shitty QB and no WR corps, an aging offensive line, retirements at 2 positions on defense, and you inherit a 90+ rated team 2 years removed from a Super Bowl championship. Gee, I wish I was as good on the sticks as you, oh elite one.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Yea I guess I suck since I couldn't go 16-0 every season considering I had to overcome a shitty QB and no WR corps, an aging offensive line, retirements at 2 positions on defense, and you inherit a 90+ rated team 2 years removed from a Super Bowl championship. Gee, I wish I was as good on the sticks as you, oh elite one.

Don't come at me and then start whining about your team being no good four seasons in. :lol

Shitty QB? Dane Morrow has had pretty solid attributes for season 3 and 4 yet you are among the leaders in picks thrown.

No WR corps yet people are complaining about what (an older and downgraded) Santana Moss is doing on the Vikings. Not to mention he has a worse QB than you do.

Aging offensive line, who's fault is that? You have had consistently high draft picks! O wai- then went towards getting Brian Orakpo.

Edit: Forgot to mention, you were kicking ass with the Rams, how is that team in terms of WRs, QB, and OL? :lol

Rorschach

Wow @ Dane Morrow's attributes. Hadn't checked them 'till they were brought up just now... They're almost English level!

97 THP (Throw Power)
84 THA (Throw Accuracy)
91 TAS (Throw Accuracy Short)
87 TAM (Throw Accuracy Medium)
92 TAD (Throw Accuracy Deep)
88 PAC (Play Action

Jack Engrish
97 THP (Throw Power)
86 THA (Throw Accuracy)
99 TAS (Throw Accuracy Short)
98 TAM (Throw Accuracy Medium)
91 TAD (Throw Accuracy Deep)
87 PAC (Play Action

Jimminy Christmas! Jack English wipes his taint with Peyton Manning!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
Wow @ Dane Morrow's attributes. Hadn't checked them 'till they were brought up just now... They're almost English level!

97 THP (Throw Power)
84 THA (Throw Accuracy)
88 PAC (Play Action

Jack Engrish
97 THP (Throw Power)
86 THA (Throw Accuracy)
87 PAC (Play Action

Damn, those are some good ratings

Don't be too hard on Mr. Morrow and Live. He's improved his TD to INT ratio DRAMATICALLY!

Season 2: 21 TD 39 INT
Season 3: 26 TD 39 INT
Season 4: 34 TD 32 INT

He's over 1:1, folks!

Though, not for his career: 81 TD 110 INT

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Damn, those are some good ratings

Don't be too hard on Mr. Morrow and Live. He's improved his TD to INT ratio DRAMATICALLY!

Season 2: 21 TD 39 INT
Season 3: 26 TD 39 INT
Season 4: 34 TD 32 INT

He's over 1:1, folks!

Though, not for his career: 81 TD 110 INT
Not being hard on anyone, but damn the rookies have incredible ratings. I don't think Peyton Manning should come 3 times in a draft, let alone every year of the league. :\

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
Not being hard on anyone, but damn the rookies have incredible ratings. I don't think Peyton Manning should come 3 times in a draft, let alone every year of the league. :\

I know you weren't hard on him. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. You're right about Multiple Mannings showing up. As well as the plethora of uber HB's that have come about.

But at least they're different, and gave people new talent to mess with. Because more often than not, the big name real players haven't moved from their original team.

I do believe most of the new breed in QB's, were from that 1st draft. Which the players that were in it, was probably the highest quality draft from NFL Head Coach. You had English, Morrow, Kelly James, even throw in Jake Scott. Season 2 wasn't as good, but you still had Ace Garrison. This last one probably only had 2, Fitch and Riley.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
Wow @ Dane Morrow's attributes. Hadn't checked them 'till they were brought up just now... They're almost English level

Not even close IMO. Morrow has 10 Elusiveness which is a killer if there's any sort of pressure. If Peyton Manning is criticized for running like a wounded giraffe, Morrow is a blind, deaf and drunk wounded giraffe. :lol And the throws English makes into double/triple coverage would (and are) INTs with Morrow. That 99/98 TAS/TAM rating is no joke. 91/87 for Morrow is a far cry from that.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:

97 THP (Throw Power)
84 THA (Throw Accuracy)
88 PAC (Play Action

Jack Engrish
97 THP (Throw Power)
86 THA (Throw Accuracy)
87 PAC (Play Action

For comparison -

Donovan McNabb:

93 THP (Throw Power)
83 THA (Throw Accuracy)
78 TAS (Throw Accuracy Short)
82 TAM (Throw Accuracy Medium)
86 TAD (Throw Accuracy Deep)
87 PAC (Play Action)

Tony Romo:

86 THP (Throw Power)
88 THA (Throw Accuracy)
95 TAS (Throw Accuracy Short)
90 TAM (Throw Accuracy Medium)
77 TAD (Throw Accuracy Deep)
88 PAC (Play Action)

Eli Manning:

88 THP (Throw Power)
88 THA (Throw Accuracy)
86 TAS (Throw Accuracy Short)
87 TAD (Throw Accuracy Deep)
88 PAC (Play Action)

Best QB in the division is Dane Morrow.

Actually aside from Engrish and Breesus, Morrow is the best QB in the NFC.

I do believe most of the new breed in QB's, were from that 1st draft. Which the players that were in it, was probably the highest quality draft from NFL Head Coach. You had English, Morrow, Kelly James, even throw in Jake Scott. Season 2 wasn't as good, but you still had Ace Garrison. This last one probably only had 2, Fitch and Riley.

In better hands, Ben "Dwyane" Wade would be in this category. As I told you via PM, I had to go to a much more vertical passing game when Eli went out, and it worked amazingly well. Dude is such a beast, actually it would be nice to continue using him.

Livewire said:
Not even close IMO. Morrow has 10 Elusiveness which is a killer if there's any sort of pressure. If Peyton Manning is criticized for running like a wounded giraffe, Morrow is a blind, deaf and drunk wounded giraffe. And the throws English makes into double/triple coverage would (and are) INTs with Morrow. That 99/98 TAS/TAM rating is no joke. 91/87 for Morrow is a far cry from that.

I'll trade you straight up Eli for Morrow since he is so much better. I'd continue playing next season since you want me around to stomp you out if we did this!

Lonestar

Wade would be in the Tribow category, minus the running Ability. Strong Arm, and is accurate Deep, but really poor in the short and midrange, where most of QB'ing is.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Best QB in the division is Dane Morrow.

Maaaaybe this season, but the past 3 seasons, no way. Morrow's attributes have jumped like 6 points a season. Your comparison also conveniently ignore Donovan McNabb's hidden "stiff-arm Pro-Bowl linebackers like they were Pop Warner kids" and "auto-release ball without getting called for intentional grounding before getting sacked" attributes.

Wellington said:
I'll trade you straight up Eli for Morrow since he is so much better. I'd continue playing next season since you want me around to stomp you out if we did this!

Of course he's better than Eli NOW, it's been 3 more years for Eli and his ratings are dropping. I'm talking about what I had to start with and having to re-build a 4-12 real life Redskins team. The Redskins depth at every position had possibly the worst grade potential ratings of any team in the league to start our franchise. Not to mention I started the first offseason minus picks due to real-life trades. But yea, I clearly ran the franchise into the ground!! :lol

Oh and I've mentioned this before but you conveniently forget the wide receiver awareness issue. Every other NFC East team's starting 3 or 4 WRs have AWR ratings of 70+, many are 80+, matching up well enough against almost all of the league's DBs.

Look at the hot garbage Morrow has to throw to:

Mitchell: 45 AWR
Kelly: 55 AWR
Thomas: 62 AWR

Even effin' 69 OVR Jason Avant on the Eagles has 73 AWR! :lol

I also like those bringing up the Santana Moss issue. He who routinely had 2 or 3 cornerbacks with shit-eating grins on their faces crouching in front of him on the line of scrimmage each week.

Oh and then when I try to trade Haynesworth, who will probably end up traded from the real life Redskins a season or two before he got traded in our franchise, to get a decent wide receiver threat in Braylon Edwards, I get cockblocked by the commish cabal.

But yea, keep on with your bullshit about how I've got all this talent and can't make use of it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar said:
Looks like we're down to the Luke/Bob game, and Peter against the CPU.

Holy shit. The game that will never get done. Old Bob GOTW Vs. New Bob GOTW

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Maaaaybe this season, but the past 3 seasons, no way. Morrow's attributes have jumped like 6 points a season. Your comparison also conveniently ignore Donovan McNabb's hidden "stiff-arm Pro-Bowl linebackers like they were Pop Warner kids" and "auto-release ball without getting called for intentional grounding before getting sacked" attributes.

So all of Morrow's picks are a result of throwing while getting hit?

Of course he's better than Eli NOW, it's been 3 more years for Eli and his ratings are dropping. I'm talking about what I had to start with and having to re-build a 4-12 real life Redskins team. The Redskins depth at every position had possibly the worst grade potential ratings of any team in the league to start our franchise. Not to mention I started the first offseason minus picks due to real-life trades. But yea, I clearly ran the franchise into the ground!! :lol

I don't have Lone's spreadsheet handy, but I am fairly certain Eli did not regress this passed off-season.

Livewire said:
Oh and I've mentioned this before but you conveniently forget the wide receiver awareness issue. Every other NFC East team's starting 3 or 4 WRs have AWR ratings of 70+, many are 80+, matching up well enough against almost all of the league's DBs.

Look at the hot garbage Morrow has to throw to:

Mitchell: 45 AWR
Kelly: 55 AWR
Thomas: 62 AWR

Even effin' 69 OVR Jason Avant on the Eagles has 73 AWR! :lol
What about before this season?

Santana Moss: 90 AWR

Smith: 73 AWR
Nicks: 66 AWR
Manningham: 52 AWR

Hmmm.

Just for comparison's sake on the OL, since this is really the only available metric. Times sacked:

Skins 33
Giants 26

Wow man, I don't know how you put up with that OL. You get sacked an additional .375 times per game than I do (or one more sack every 2.7 games).

Either way, neither of us made the playoffs so this is useless. Please stop playing the Vinny Screwed Me card.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
So all of Morrow's picks are a result of throwing while getting hit?

This video sums up my interceptions issue. Veteran cornerback awareness in the real NFL = teleporting in front of younger faster OPEN wide receivers in Madden NFL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T32WUwnOUBM

And I covered Santana Moss above. As the only threat, he was routinely double and triple covered, and because of the issue pointed out in the video above, throwing to a single covered OPEN Kelly, Thomas or Mitchell wasn't as easy as it should be in real life if someone is double/triple covering Moss.

Lonestar

It's hard to tell for certain, the attribute sheets I have, are not numbered per season, but best I can tell, Eli has stayed 89 OVR all this time, with 88 THP and THA, with 86 TAS 87 TAM 87 TAD. Best I can tell, he's had no plus or minus.

Jamarion Bellows: 51 AWR

Improving the ability of DumbAsses EVERYWHERE!

Wellington said:
Hopefully Sable gets the Redskins in '11 so they have a shot at the playoffs.

Hopefully I at least get a shot. I saw you were giving striker and at a shot at the giants, so hopefully everyone gets a shot at their teams.

LiveWire

sableholic said:
Hopefully I at least get a shot. I saw you were giving striker and at a shot at the giants, so hopefully everyone gets a shot at their teams.

If you want to alternate/co-GM them in the season 2, 4, etc and each years' draft/offseason, I don't have a problem with that. All true Skins fans deserve a shot in Madden with our first REAL quarterback in 20 years. :D

Smokey

Texans.

I have no idea what Matrix was complaining about with the team. Something about Schaub being inaccurate and the O-line something something. Well..when I subbed for them I was in heaven. Matt Schaub has a fuckin arm on him and the O-line did fine.

And in '11 Schaub is top 10 in QB ratings and the defense should get an upgrade.

I will lead the 2011 Texans to a Super Bowl victory.

Lonestar

Smokey said:
Texans.

I have no idea what Matrix was complaining about with the team. Something about Schaub being inaccurate and the O-line something something. Well..when I subbed for them I was in heaven. Matt Schaub has a fuckin arm on him and the O-line did fine.

And in '11 Schaub is top 10 in QB ratings and the defense should get an upgrade.

Hopefully, they'll increase kareem's ratings before then :p

Wellington said:

Why do you always want to dig into me when I am at work instead of at home where I have the evidence showing how fluke-tastic your wins over me this season were?

The facts are very clear:

1) I have consistently won 10+ games in a season.

2) You have never won 10+ games. You probably never will against human competition. Heck the AI kept it close on you.

You've played so many scrims and have subbed for so many teams (more than anyone else), I'd think that you would be able to put together a season in which you could get a playoff berth, but you haven't. In fact you haven't even come close enough to be able to blame MTC!

Regarding the game with CB, it was not meant to be. My D played out of its mind (under 200 yards allowed, 5 FGs for CB, 0 third down conversions, 1/4 in allowing RZ TDs - all with 7 turnovers from my O) but I could not get out of my own way on offense. I didn't win an SB but I am happy with what I have gotten out of this game and the franchise.

Hopefully Sable gets the Redskins in '11 so they have a shot at the playoffs. Dropping two games to you is no biggie since you're usually out of it by week 5.

Heat%20Hawks%20Basketball_Clar.jpg

Nightz

Smokey said:
Texans.

Yarr. Chargers will be mine.

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
Best line ever in life.

I fear i regressed in my passing this year. Yes i threw alot of ints, but it was forcing the issue. I need to trust me D more and just take what the D gives at times than pushing the issue. I fall in love with Ryan too much and his stats.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Dane Morrow

97 THP (Throw Power)
84 THA (Throw Accuracy)
88 PAC (Play Action

Jack Engrish
97 THP (Throw Power)
86 THA (Throw Accuracy)
87 PAC (Play Action

Donovan McNabb:

93 THP (Throw Power)
83 THA (Throw Accuracy)
78 TAS (Throw Accuracy Short)
82 TAM (Throw Accuracy Medium)
86 TAD (Throw Accuracy Deep)
87 PAC (Play Action)

Tony Romo:

86 THP (Throw Power)
88 THA (Throw Accuracy)
77 TAD (Throw Accuracy Deep)
88 PAC (Play Action)

Eli Manning:

88 THP (Throw Power)
88 THA (Throw Accuracy)
86 TAS (Throw Accuracy Short)
88 PAC (Play Action)

Matt Ryan:

88 THP (Throw Power)
87 THA (Throw Accuracy)
96 TAM (Throw Accuracy Medium)
89 PAC (Play Action

I need to play better :(

DCX

Mrbob

I'll be home later tonight but I dunno when we can play...I need to get 3 mlb games in the next two nights since Frankman has been MIA all last week.

CB we aren't playing our game till at least Wed night so relax!

Lonestar

ph33nix said:
I'm a little too embarrassed to post Kelly's $tat$...or attributes. Whatever.

I'm not!

93 OVR
64 SPD
96 THP (Throw Power)
85 THA (Throw Accuracy)
93 TAM (Throw Accuracy Medium)
87 TOR (Throw on the Run)
88 PAC (Play Action)

247 for 451 3618 22 TD's!

and 36 INT's, 3 Fumbles and 62 sacks

Might as well throw in my 2 Headed QB System:
Brady

97 OVR
63 SPD
96 THP (Throw Power)
98 THA (Throw Accuracy)
93 TAS (Throw Accuracy Short)
88 TAD (Throw Accuracy Deep)
66 TOR (Throw on the Run)
95 PAC (Play Action)

187 for 280 3072 yards 22 TDs 14 INTs 17 Sacks

Tebow
77 OVR
83 SPD
97 THP (Throw Power)
66 THA (Throw Accuracy)
70 TAS (Throw Accuracy Short)
70 TAM (Throw Accuracy Medium)
67 TOR (Throw on the Run)
67 PAC (Play Action)

83 for 116 1586 13 TDs 6 INTs 1 Fumble 17 Sacks
55 Rushes 439 Yards 7 TDs

So really, that was...

270 for 396 4658 yards 35 TDs 20 INTs 34 sacks 1 Fumble and all that running by Tebow

Top Bottom