• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've had a droid for about 2 months. Pretty sweet, but hearing about this new HTC that came out.

Did just get this on Friday:
2010-04-30184935-1.jpg

Chloe. Let's just say: hyperactive!

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
I've had a droid for about 2 months. Pretty sweet, but hearing about this new HTC that came out.

Did just get this on Friday:
2010-04-30184935-1.jpg

Chloe. Let's just say: hyperactive!
I've seen cuter!

She's adorable. :)

GCQuinton

Go ahead and count me in for Season 5. With the NCAA online dynasty wrapping up, I need to get all the games in I can get at this point.

DCX

DCX
GCQuinton said:
Go ahead and count me in for Season 5. With the NCAA online dynasty wrapping up, I need to get all the games in I can get at this point.
:D NFC South well represented going into Season 5 :)

DCX

Birdman02

DCX said:
For the season five crew. I propose we do the draft first then the FA cuts and additions.

DCX

If I had to choose, I'd keep it the same as it has been, but I don't really care either way.

sableholic said:
I'm out after this season, although I wouldn't mind doing the fa and draft portion if that's cool with others

I hope most of the guys that are leaving will stick around for the offseason stuff. The AI makes some terrible draft picks.

the CPU making draft picks is similar to playing blackjack with someone who has no idea wtf they are doing (hitting on 17, passing on 12, etc etc). their picks kind of fuck things up for you later on down the line

BigAT

Colts/Bears - from what I can tell I think this actually has no effect on the playoff seeding
Chargers/Chiefs - seems to be the only playoff relevant game
Vikings/CPU
Broncos/CPU

Lonestar

LiveWire said:
How is the NFC EAST represented in Season 5?

CB
Live
Somnia ?
Wellington ?

Hmm, Seems like you might be alone, possibly. I've seen Somnia say he was out, and I believe CB said he was. I "think" CK too.

Somnia

LiveWire said:
How is the NFC EAST represented in Season 5?

CB
Live
Somnia ?
Wellington ?

I'm probably going to do the FA and Draft and then decide but as of right now I'm 99.9% out for next season.

daw840

So, I will go ahead and sit AP for the first round of the playoffs since I ran up the score on the Lions. Oh yeah, Santana Moss with player of the game. 14 receptions for 432 Yards.:lol

DCX

DCX
That dude MWS Natural or whatever his name is would be willing to join, throw him in the NFC east.

DCX

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
So, I will go ahead and sit AP for the first round of the playoffs since I ran up the score on the Lions. Oh yeah, Santana Moss with player of the game. 14 receptions for 432 Yards.:lol
Are you serious? Wow, love how rules don't apply for some..

DCX

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what if i allow you to have chad pennington back?

:lol :lol :lol

We'll see how I feel after the pre-season stuff goes. I want a break and with us possibly doing NCAA also it wont be that long till I'm playing a football game again :D

Lonestar

DCX said:
Are you serious? Wow, love how rules don't apply for some..

DCX

If I'm voted in as Commish of Season 5, I pledge to enforce the rules fairly and evenly.

My first Promise will be to enforce the Minaseota Vilens to trade off AP and this Moss character for Peanuts and a set of hubcaps from a 1964 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser Station Wagon.

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
If I'm voted in as Commish of Season 5, I pledge to enforce the rules fairly and evenly.

My first Promise will be to enforce the Minaseota Vilens to trade off AP and this Moss character for Peanuts and a set of hubcaps from a 1964 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser Station Wagon.
I second that motion..

DCX

daw840

:lol :lol :lol

Whatever guys. Give me this, my last game of the season that has absolutely NO bearing on anything that's going on. Calm down a little.

i will put MWS in the NFC west so he can beat my ass twice after how i fleeced him out of the ravens last season :/

let me know if you're interested MWS! i think all nfc west teams are open (except the niners of course)

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
Would it be possible for me to take the Seahawks? :3

Only if there's enough people returning in the AFC East. Otherwise, I'm taking back the Fighting Alexanders.

Lonestar

But I am going to do this. Being in charge of stats, I'm deducting all of Daw's last game. I'm not going to include this games statistics.

Lonestar

76 goddamn points man, 700 yards of passing, 500 to who??? Hmmm, MOSS. It's pretty goddamn evident of exxxxxxxxxxxxxtreme stat padding. I mean, I know it's happened throughout the year with about everyone, because of the CPU games. But come on, this is ridiculous!

Like I want to do this? It's a pain in the ass to reduce this stuff correctly.

I'll let FMT, DM, or whoever's left of the Commish's decide if this is ok.

Smokey

So I have no idea what's going on with Chargers/Chiefs game. I've left messages here and sent plenty to petah over XBL..and no response.

edit: 76-35 holy shit :lol

daw840

Lonestar said:
76 goddamn points man, 700 yards of passing, 500 to who??? Hmmm, MOSS. It's pretty goddamn evident of exxxxxxxxxxxxxtreme stat padding. I mean, I know it's happened throughout the year with about everyone, because of the CPU games. But come on, this is ridiculous!

Like I want to do this? It's a pain in the ass to reduce this stuff correctly.

I'll let FMT, DM, or whoever's left of the Commish's decide if this is ok.

LOL, Madden stats spreadsheets. Serious Business! It's not like I'm the only culprit. And it's not like any of it actually matters. 2 non-playoff teams in the final game of the season. So I decided to just fuck around all game. Sorry.

Mrbob

Hahaha who cares this game is so broken anyway...should we void the 3000 yard rushing season last year from Bjoern as well?

Now I need two TDs to tie, and three to win with Olsen in my final matchup.

PBY

Banned
Smokey said:
So I have no idea what's going on with Chargers/Chiefs game. I've left messages here and sent plenty to petah over XBL..and no response.

edit: 76-35 holy shit :lol
sorry man, ive been swamped with finals... if you saw someone on the xbox that was my roommate, ive pretty much been in the library all day... If you want, i can play now, or if not we can try for sometime tues afternoon
if that doesn't work, you can play the ai or sim it or whatever

Rorschach

daw840 said:
LOL, Madden stats spreadsheets. Serious Business! It's not like I'm the only culprit. And it's not like any of it actually matters. 2 non-playoff teams in the final game of the season. So I decided to just fuck around all game. Sorry.
So then why do you care if it's removed off some spread sheets? I don't see how either of you care. :|

I say let him keep the stats if Bob got to keep them too. You guys were wondering why offense is up so much and records are being broken. It's because there are cpu opponents now.

Although, my defense is still playing well. :3 And so was Striker's before he quit.

[edit] Wow, Striker's D is still #2 in terms of yardage.

daw840

Rorschach said:
So then why do you care if it's removed off some spread sheets? I don't see how either of you care. :|

I say let him keep the stats if Bob got to keep them too. You guys were wondering why offense is up so much and records are being broken. It's because there are cpu opponents now.

Although, my defense is still playing well. :3 And so was Striker's before he quit.

[edit] Wow, Striker's D is still #2 in terms of yardage.

I really don't care. I just find it funny that people are getting there panties in a twist because of a completely meaningless game between to completely meaningless teams at the very end of the season.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
42 points in the fourth. :lol

There's a bug with the defensive backfield that lets receivers run free if executed correctly, it's kind of retarded (not the press-motion issue).

Rest assured tho, even without the game against CPU Pittsburgh, Calvin Johnson > Randy Moss.

daw840

Wellington said:
42 points in the fourth. :lol

There's a bug with the defensive backfield that lets receivers run free if executed correctly, it's kind of retarded (not the press-motion issue).

Rest assured tho, even without the game against CPU Pittsburgh, Calvin Johnson > Randy Moss.

I assure you I know of no bugs to exploit. I just passed the ball a lot.

Birdman02

Lonestar said:
Hmm, Seems like you might be alone, possibly. I've seen Somnia say he was out, and I believe CB said he was. I "think" CK too.

I'm almost positive CB planned on coming back.

I think I'm going to be all alone in the AFC South...meaning I'll have 6 CPU games, but I'm apparently the only person in the league that the AI is competitive against. I almost lost in my 1st game to the Titans this season, and their QB was something like 16/18 in the 2nd game. Robo-Peyton is going to destroy my defense next season.

Rorschach

Birdman02 said:
I'm almost positive CB planned on coming back.

I think I'm going to be all alone in the AFC South...meaning I'll have 6 CPU games, but I'm apparently the only person in the league that the AI is competitive against. I almost lost in my 1st game to the Titans this season, and their QB was something like 16/18 in the 2nd game. Robo-Peyton is going to destroy my defense next season.
Two of our players lost to the cpu this year. It's possible. The robo QBs can be a pain if it's a strong armed one. In All-Madden, passing is pretty difficult because the AI has spidey-sense, jet packs, AND sticky hands.

daw840 said:
I really don't care. I just find it funny that people are getting there panties in a twist because of a completely meaningless game between to completely meaningless teams at the very end of the season.
Oh, ok. Seemed to be getting heated after that "fuck off" post. It's cool! Everything's cool here!

Lonestar

daw840 said:

I wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't bragged about it.

The only one that got heated, was Daw.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Er yeah, forgot to say I am out. Nothing really left to do within the parameters of the game for me. Looking to redouble my efforts in the gym and with the weather turning, I just won't be home all that often.

Thanks everyone for playing and talking shop with me. I enjoyed breaking the game open more than usual. I hope whoever I tried to help actually benefited and that I did not use cheeseball tactics against anyone!

Top Bottom