• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach

Nightz said:
Take your time, I might not be available for a bit. Not home yet. Tomorrow night might be better, but I'll let you know if I can go tonight.
Alright. Latest I can start is 8:40 pacific. I can also play after 1030 PST if you can go that late.

If tomorrow is better, then I'm available after 6 I think.

Looks like the MLB game is off tomorrow... *deletes*

daw840

The Vikings welcome Lance Briggs to their roster for a 1st round pick and defensive lineman Tennell. This will be a vital addition to the defensive roster with the plan of switching to a 3-4 defensive scheme.

With Shaun Ellis, Kevin Williams, and Jared Allen completing the 3 man defensive line. Paul Poszlusny, Chad Greenway, Lance Briggs, and Erin Henderson rounding out the linebacker core should make running the ball extremely difficult for all opponents in Season 5 of the GAF league.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Would Allen work in a real life 3-4 System, as a 3-4 DE? Or would he be moved to Jack LB (OLB)?

Madden Allen, probably won't matter

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
no trades approved until after the season!

p.s. you need more help than lance briggs!
Maybe he needs corners. DL sounds pretty badass.

Lonestar said:
Would Allen work in a real life 3-4 System, as a 3-4 DE? Or would he be moved to Jack LB (OLB)?

Madden Allen, probably won't matter
They'd probably move him to OLB or trade him. Don't think he'd work very well as a DE in a 3-4 system.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i think allen could succeed at either OLB or de in the 3-4 defense in real life, much like justin smith has succeeded at 3-4 DE for the 49ers in real life
Define "succeed."
25a1zqo.png

Lonestar

Think Allen's in the 260 lb. range, which just seems small for a 3-4 DE. A true one, anyway. At 260, you're either the Jack LB, or the MLB :lol

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
making the probowl and being a key piece to a top 10 defense? :D
Pro Bowl is a measure of success? Then yes, anyone can succeed. Just look at Favre's season with the Jets. Or Romo's first starting season where he shit the bed at the end!

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
no trades approved until after the season!

p.s. you need more help than lance briggs!
Hey, shut your mouth. Briggs is going to feast in a Vikings uniform, especially with all that talent around him. 1-5-5 proved to be to fancy and fast for him :D In minney, he's going to do what he does best!

DCX

Rorschach said:
Pro Bowl is a measure of success? Then yes, anyone can succeed. Just look at Favre's season with the Jets. Or Romo's first starting season where he shit the bed at the end!

take a look at his numbers bruh. practically unheard of from a 3-4 end: 55 tackles, 6 sacks, 2 FF last season. these guys are just supposed to eat up blockers but he is making plays himself!

i wouldn't expect a raiders fan to know about that! all you guys have is good CB play! i'm perfectly fine with our 7 mediocre cb's!

Lonestar

Are you sure that Justin Smith ONLY played in the true 3-4 DE spot, or did he spend time in the Rush OLB spot?

Lonestar said:
Are you sure that Justin Smith ONLY played in the true 3-4 DE spot, or did he spend time in the Rush OLB spot?

i watched every play of every 49ers game last year. he never lined up as an OLB. the closest thing is our "magic" formation where we have every LB and DL standing up so the o-line doesn't know who is blitzing, but he was still lined up across from the guard in those situations.

also justin smith does have about 30 pounds on jared allen now that i review his weight. meh

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:

lonestar, I'm about to leave work - I live like 10 minutes away if you want to knock me out tonight.

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
lonestar, I'm about to leave work - I live like 10 minutes away if you want to knock me out tonight.

I don't know, about to head to sleep in 15-20 minutes. But I'll see how I feel when you get home.

Team Career Stats

This is pretty much all 4 seasons of team stats, plus an overall career tally for each. On List View, you can select your team, and see how you changed in regards to whatever you want. You can also select "Career" to see who is the best "whatever" in the league over 4 seasons.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
I don't know, about to head to sleep in 15-20 minutes. But I'll see how I feel when you get home.

Team Career Stats

This is pretty much all 4 seasons of team stats, plus an overall career tally for each. On List View, you can select your team, and see how you changed in regards to whatever you want. You can also select "Career" to see who is the best "whatever" in the league over 4 seasons.

I am here, handsome

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
The luck and bullshit fairy apparently showed up to disconnect Lonestar!
I'm fucking arrrrrtttgggghh

Don't know if I even want to bother playing the pickup game. I was in control, almost a perfect game. Which wont happen again. Just scored a rd, up 21-7, 2 minutes before the half, and I get the ball in the kickoff after halftime.

Fuck

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
I'm fucking arrrrrtttgggghh

Don't know if I even want to bother playing the pickup game. I was in control, almost a perfect game. Which wont happen again. Just scored a rd, up 21-7, 2 minutes before the half, and I get the ball in the kickoff after halftime.

Fuck

Yeah if we replay I'll make sure to just play freewheelin rather than Sim.

Rorschach

Nightz said:
Alright, I'll try to be home by 8 so we can finish before 9.
Well, I'm fine finishing after 9, but I'd have to finish by 930 and it takes an hr or so... so I wouldn't make it if we started at 9. If we start at 8 or 830 that's fine.

Nightz

Rorschach said:
Well, I'm fine finishing after 9, but I'd have to finish by 930 and it takes an hr or so... so I wouldn't make it if we started at 9. If we start at 8 or 830 that's fine.
Ok, let's shoot for 8* because I'd like to finish around 9 or so. I'll just switch my workout from 8 to 9.

*Depending on my work load. I'm 99% certain I should be home by then.

Striker

Lonestar said:
Think Allen's in the 260 lb. range, which just seems small for a 3-4 DE. A true one, anyway. At 260, you're either the Jack LB, or the MLB :lol
I hope EA/Tiburon make the 3-4 work better in '11. I used a 3-4 with bigger LB's outside and tried going for good attacking (AWR, BLS, and TAC) 'backers inside. They'll surely downgrade D'Qwell, I'm sure. Just need a beast inside like Rogers (I'm betting Rubin is higher, or at least he should be) inside clogging up the middle; they need to improve the interaction between DL/OL, also, because with Rogers' numbers, a single OL shouldn't push him away easily.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
EA had a Gameflow and Gameplanning chat. The only important thing to come out of it

4:06 Madden NFL Dev Team:
You can change the playcall style settings option ingame, so you can change between gameflow and conventional playcall whenever you want (except online)

4:07 Madden NFL Dev Team:
With online games the playcall style has to be chosen before starting the game, since both players need to use the same playcall style to avoid desyncs

Unrelated, but thought it was cool

4:46 [Comment From CHRIS]
CAN YOU USE A HEADSET TO HEAR THE PLAYS BEING CALLED FOR YOU WHEN PLAYING HEAD TO HEAD? OR DOES IT JUST COME THROUGH THE TV SPEAKERS?

4:47 Madden NFL Dev Team:
If both of you have headsets plugged in then each of you will hear the audio from your coordinator

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
4:07 Madden NFL Dev Team:
With online games the playcall style has to be chosen before starting the game, since both players need to use the same playcall style to avoid desyncs

The fuck is this crap? Well, whoever I play next season be prepared to not use the gameflow crap, I am never using that shit.

I hope EA/Tiburon make the 3-4 work better in '11. I used a 3-4 with bigger LB's outside and tried going for good attacking (AWR, BLS, and TAC) 'backers inside. They'll surely downgrade D'Qwell, I'm sure. Just need a beast inside like Rogers (I'm betting Rubin is higher, or at least he should be) inside clogging up the middle; they need to improve the interaction between DL/OL, also, because with Rogers' numbers, a single OL shouldn't push him away easily.

What if you win the Giants? You can use Osi at OLB with Kiwi or Sintim, Canty and Tuck at DE, but you need to find an NT. Boley and maybe Wilk at ILB?

The only thing that sucks is that everyone on the team except for Bradshaw is so fucking slow. It was fine in season one but with the rookie drafts EA's "Let's make everyone slower" philosophy for this year went out the fucking window.

Lonestar

Smokey said:
Is this a silenced shot fired from the hip of luke smith?
Yeah, I didn't know what he's talking about. Its either going on 4th down on his 40 yard line (no mans land) or the user pick when I controlled Barwin off the line into zone.

If getting 2 ints out of him and scoring points is some kind of cheesy play...I don't know.

daw840

LOL, have you even seen the gameflow stuff yet? How can you make a verdict about it before you have even used it?!?:lol

daw840

Rorschach said:
Yes. It's pretty neat offline. It'd be an awesome feature to have in this upcoming cpu-riddled season.

All offensive records will be broken in GAF season 5. I plan on having multiple 700+ yard games. ALL with Santana Moss

I think we should make human subs a requirement for this last season. I don't even care who but I hate seeing these bullshit stats. Nothing against you Daw but I played all my games against humans (I picked the hardest subs I could find too) I just think it'd be better if we all were having the same competition, win or lose.

daw840

ph33nix said:
I think we should make human subs a requirement for this last season. I don't even care who but I hate seeing these bullshit stats. Nothing against you Daw but I played all my games against humans (I picked the hardest subs I could find too) I just think it'd be better if we all were having the same competition, win or lose.

I was joking really. I only did that because it was the last game. ;)

Rorschach

It would help the stats, but I was thinking more about fun factor. Playing the cpu is boring even when using "ask Madden." With gameflow, and following the orders of the coaches, it might get interesting.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
It will be interesting to see how Madden 11 will be accepted. Alot of new options put in the game in one year. I do feel as though it is the first year since back in the David Ortiz days that they are trying their best to think about the guy who loves Madden, but only plays the game casually.

It will be curious to see how the online changes/updates will be received when announced.

Rorschach said:
It would help the stats, but I was thinking more about fun factor. Playing the cpu is boring even when using "ask Madden." With gameflow, and following the orders of the coaches, it might get interesting.

I know it is silly, but I am loving the headset thing. I think Stuntman was the only other game to use something similiar. I hope the coach yells something when you audible out of the play.

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:

I can't wait to have Jim Caldwell in my ear telling me to put in Curtis Painter in week 16

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
I can't wait to have Jim Caldwell in my ear telling me to put in Curtis Painter in week 16

Just think of all the possible Chew-the-Gum and Adjust-The-Hat Mini Games that you can do while on the sidelines as Manning!

Top Bottom