• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LiveWire said:
Scrimming loses its effectiveness after the first two seasons or so anyway since the rosters have changed so much.

Also correct.

Why won't it let us bring in created teams, that match what we have. Hell, they have an option to "create a team" from an offline fantasy Team, but it won't upload it when you want to play an online game. Only the EA Created fake teams can make it online.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Anyone predicting draft picks for the first round?

And can anyone tell me how to fix the web-based Madden website so the names in my draft profile don't get reduced to commas?

LiveWire

Eh, I'm worried about that run blocking video. Yea, it looks nice because the O-lineman are picking up blocks and moving forward appropriately, but now the defensive linemen look like they're just sitting there not reacting at all. You can see it on the Jacobs' run, Philip Daniels (93) doesn't even turn his head in Jacobs' direction. Later in the Colts/Jets clip, Mathis (?) has the same animation, and he's even in more of a position to make a play...at the very least, he should turn his head in Greene's direction and throw out an arm to try and slow him down.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
DenogginizerOS said:
And can anyone tell me how to fix the web-based Madden website so the names in my draft profile don't get reduced to commas?

ONE TIME, I got that to work... and it was I think due to the fact that I made my draft board on the computer, and then drafted all in one online session. Not that great of a solution, and I never was able to confirm if I could get it working again.

BigAT

DenogginizerOS said:
If you click on the commas, it bring up the player's profile (and name at the bottom). Hardly a solution, but it's something.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Everyone switching to S now? Guess I'll go to CB! Hard to play CB without the super wide camera, though. :\

You can't Eeyore me, friend! And I think most of us just played league games last season. I don't think I've scrimmed in a few seasons and I haven't seen anyone else on my friends list scrimming...
I would prefer going ultimate risk/reward with corners but like you said it's hard to see the edge.

There is value to scrims. You get to see what plays certain guys like to run. :D

I don't know what Live is talking about we must have played 3-4 non-franchise games last season alone.

Lonestar

levious said:
ONE TIME, I got that to work... and it was I think due to the fact that I made my draft board on the computer, and then drafted all in one online session. Not that great of a solution, and I never was able to confirm if I could get it working again.

Yeah, I had that bug show up on my EA website. It's just one of those things. Think it's STILL a beta site :lol

LiveWire

Wellington said:
I don't know what Live is talking about we must have played 3-4 non-franchise games last season alone.

Well, trying out new playbooks I guess I forgot to mention, that is a good use of a scrim after the rosters have significantly changed.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
not trying to talk shit, but Ruben Barter is being criminally underused. He's the perfect slot receiver.

DMczaf

levious said:
not trying to talk shit, but Ruben Barter is being criminally underused. He's the perfect slot receiver.

Dude was dropping passes in traffic like crazy his first season, so I dropped him to the #4 the last season. After his progression this offseason, he's getting another shot :p

Rorschach

levious said:
if it's not too late to jump in I would, but I wouldn't want to mess with any flow you guys got going.
Dude, you're cutting it close, but I think you can still jump in pending FMT approval. Draft is tonight at 6 PST!

Rorschach

Teams available:

Bills (QUESTION MARK!)
Dolphins
Any AFC North team not named Bengals
Titans
Texans
Rams

You should sign in and check out their rosters to see what team is best for you. Texans have the most badass D of all time. Dolphins have a good offense and defense. Tits have a great offense and one of them fancy rookie QBs.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Who is taking Niko?

Rorschach said:
Dude, you're cutting it close, but I think you can still jump in pending FMT approval. Draft is tonight at 6 PST!
I will be racing home from work at 6 PST and I have asked if we can delay the start until about 915EST.

Rorschach

Did Astro leave too? :(

DenogginizerOS said:
Who is taking Niko?

I will be racing home from work at 6 PST and I have asked if we can delay the start until about 915EST.
Who's Niko? [edit] NM, I see now... I can't think of many teams that he would fit in besides mine. :)

I thought it was 6.. dunno if it changed. I'll be there at 6 just in case. :p

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Teams available:

Bills (QUESTION MARK!)
Dolphins
Any AFC North team not named Bengals
Titans
Texans
Rams

You should sign in and check out their rosters to see what team is best for you. Texans have the most badass D of all time. Dolphins have a good offense and defense. Tits have a great offense and one of them fancy rookie QBs.
Out of those teams i would jump on the Dolphins or Texans. The Rams have a decent D though.

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
Out of those teams i would jump on the Dolphins or Texans. The Rams have a decent D though.

DCX
I'll take out the Bills since I'm not 100 percent sure, but I'd rank them like this:

Texans
Dolphins
Steelers
Titans
Ravens
Browns
Rams

It's close between the Titans and Steelers, but I love the Steelers' D.

Lonestar

NFC
QB - Jack English, San Francisco
QB - Drew Brees, New Orleans
RB - Jonathan Stewart, Carolina
RB - Markus Brooks, Philadelphia
WR - Santana Moss*, Minnesota :lol
WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona
WR - Calvin Johnson, New York Giants
TE - Greg Olsen*, Chicago :lol :lol :lol :lol
TE - Vernon Davis, San Francisco

AFC
QB - Tristan Riley, Buffalo
QB - Kolby Fitch, Oakland
RB Donald Brown, Cincinnati
RB LeMarcus Taylor, New England
WR - Jamarion Bellows, New England
WR - X'Zavious Hewitt, Indianapolis
WR - Chad Ochocinco, Cincinnati
TE - Dustin Keller, New York Jets
TE - Zach Miller, Oakland

Here's the Offense, working on Defense

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
I'll take out the Bills since I'm not 100 percent sure, but I'd rank them like this:

Texans
Dolphins
Steelers
Titans
Ravens
Browns
Rams

It's close between the Titans and Steelers, but I love the Steelers' D.
Indeed.

Can't wait to unleash this beast in 11.

falcons-sean-weatherspoon.jpg

DCX

Rorschach

goldlion054 said:
are we going to be doing the draft over the pc, an xbox-live party, or what?
You can do it over Xbox Live or your PC. I'll have an AIM chat that will start at around 530 PST. If you want in on that, shoot me your aim name and I'll send an invite.

levious said:
well Steelers have Julian Craft, I'd take them if possible
Make it happen, FMT!

DCX

DCX
goldlion054 said:
are we going to be doing the draft over the pc, an xbox-live party, or what?
It can be done on the franchise website or the Xbox 360. Just sign in with your team, make sure you are on time and enter the Live Draft. Good luck newbies :)

DCX

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Lonestar said:
Also correct.

Why won't it let us bring in created teams, that match what we have. Hell, they have an option to "create a team" from an offline fantasy Team, but it won't upload it when you want to play an online game. Only the EA Created fake teams can make it online.

Not sure why they didn't bring the "Export Franchise" option that NCAA 10 has to Madden. It allows you to play the franchise offline. Maybe Madden 11 will have it.

Somnia

dskillzhtown said:
Not sure why they didn't bring the "Export Franchise" option that NCAA 10 has to Madden. It allows you to play the franchise offline. Maybe Madden 11 will have it.

Wishful thinking :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
dskillzhtown said:

Hey friend. I brought your safety up to 91 OVR. Ill make you proud of him!

Rorschach said:
You can do it over Xbox Live or your PC. I'll have an AIM chat that will start at around 530 PST. If you want in on that, shoot me your aim name and I'll send an invite.

goldlion054, and i'll be on aim a a few before the draft

Lonestar

NFC
DE - Darnell Dockett, Arizona
DE - Lawrence Cross, San Francisco
DE - Jackson Hailes, San Francisco
DT - Jay Ratliff, Dallas
LB - Patrick Willis, San Francisco
LB - Jon Beason, Carolina
LB - Karlos Dansby, Arizona
LB - LeVaris Gates, Green Bay
DB - Sabby Piscitelli, Tampa Bay
DB - Tracy Porter, New Orleans
DB - Malcolm Jenkins, New Orleans
DB - Sean Smith, Atlanta
DB - Taurice Brown, Philadelphia
DB - Davion Kelly, New York Giants
K - Mason Crosby, Green Bay
P - Michael Koenen, Atlanta
KR - Dion Grimes, New Orleans
PR - Jeremy Maclin, Philadelphia

AFC
DE - Connor Barwin, New England
DE - Ono Randle Indianapolis
DE - Trevor Scott, Oakland
DT - Domata Peko, Cincinnati
LB - Jerod Mayo, New England
LB - Quinten Hilliard, Buffalo
LB - Keith Rivers Cincinnati
LB - Marquise Kassem, Oakland
DB - Antonio Cromartie, San Diego
DB - Jawan Williams San Diego
DB - Nnamdi Asomugha, Houston
DB - Leodis McKelvin, Houston
DB - Reggie Kenton, Kansas City
DB - Rashad Henderson, Kansas City
K - Sebastian Janikowski, Oakland
P - Brett Kern, Denver
KR - Leon Washington, New York Jets
PR - Jamarion Bellows, New England

Probably too many spaces, so don't assume how they show up means exactly how they rank. I cut the DT's down, and increased DE's to 3, because some teams use DE's as DT's, and there were really only 3 DT's that I saw with "bankable stats" (missing one is Alain)

CB3

Lonestar said:
NFC
DT - Jay Ratliff, Dallas
DB - Sean Smith, Atlanta

Thats all i wanted!

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
NFC
DT - Jay Ratliff, Dallas
DB - Sean Smith, Atlanta

Probably too many spaces, so don't assume how they show up means exactly how they rank. I cut the DT's down, and increased DE's to 3, because some teams use DE's as DT's, and there were really only 3 DT's that I saw with "bankable stats" (missing one is Alain)
soooo good :)

DCX

Smokey

Lonestar said:
NFC
DT - Jay Ratliff, Dallas
DB - Sean Smith, Atlanta

AFC
DE - Connor Barwin, New England
DE - Ono Randle Indianapolis
DE - Trevor Scott, Oakland
DT - Domata Peko, Cincinnati
LB - Jerod Mayo, New England
LB - Quinten Hilliard, Buffalo
LB - Keith Rivers Cincinnati
LB - Marquise Kassem, Oakland
DB - Antonio Cromartie, San Diego
DB - Jawan Williams San Diego
DB - Nnamdi Asomugha, Houston
DB - Leodis McKelvin, Houston
DB - Reggie Kenton, Kansas City
DB - Rashad Henderson, Kansas City
K - Sebastian Janikowski, Oakland
P - Brett Kern, Denver
KR - Leon Washington, New York Jets
PR - Jamarion Bellows, New England

What's this list for?

CB3

Portal is free on steam. Go get it.

I think it actually crashed the servers. my shit been stuck updating at 26%

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Jano and Scott better be on the all-half-decade team! Along with Nnamdi. :'(
White has a spot for sure...if Tank has a top 5 season this year he deserves to be in the discussion :)

DCX

Mrbob

CB3 said:
Portal is free on steam. Go get it.

I think it actually crashed the servers. my shit been stuck updating at 26%

Valve is so smart. So many new users have now downloaded and installed Steam onto their PC and/or MAC. MS would never do something like this.

MS future is now tied to closed box platform which they'll have to reboot every 5 to 7 years. Steam to be on PC, MAC, soon Linux, and continue to make software for 360 and future MS platforms. Hilarious.

Top Bottom