• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DCX said:
Indeed it was shameful, that happens when the second best WR in our franchise dies in a meaningless game mid season :( Won't happen if we both meet full roster.

DCX

Yeah. Its not like i was missing my Franchise QB.

Oh wait....

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
Yeah. Its not like i was missing my Franchise QB.

Oh wait....
Please, what did you miss..oh super human tck shedding you gained super human speed and speed to make up for it, yea it's the same. Now if you lost McRibb and had to use Stephon Mcghee or Dante Culpeppersteak...

DCX

CB3

Not my fault i was prepared incase of injury and you wernt. You could have ran the ball with the loss of your #1WR instead of throwing and getting them all picked off

not taking sides, but if you've ever played CB with mcnabb vs. vick there is no comparison. mcnabb is ridiculous accurate and is more or less in the same league as vick in the scrambling department.

mcnabb = scrambles from pressure to complete 70 yard td
vick = scrambles from pressure for 9 yard gain scramble

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
not taking sides, but if you've ever played CB with mcnabb vs. vick there is no comparison. mcnabb is ridiculous accurate and is more or less in the same league as vick in the scrambling department.

mcnabb = scrambles from pressure to complete 70 yard td
vick = scrambles from pressure for 9 yard gain scramble
eh, the results will be a first down regardless...

Yes CB i could have run more, but somehow your team of super human defenders thought a Tank was easy to take down...

Doesn't matter, you won, like you always do in Madden..you will let up and i will stop throwing ints.. i will find a way to win...there aren't many i have not yet beat...you will come off the list sooner than later.

DCX

DCX said:
eh, the results will be a first down regardless...

Yes CB i could have run more, but somehow your team of super human defenders thought a Tank was easy to take down...

Doesn't matter, you won, like you always do in Madden..you will let up and i will stop throwing ints.. i will find a way to win...there aren't many i have not yet beat...you will come off the list sooner than later.

DCX

lol you don't see a difference between a 9 yard run and a 70 yard td?

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol you don't see a difference between a 9 yard run and a 70 yard td?
Are you making the assumption that every pass he throws is a 70 yarder? Maybe against Pheeniks but come on now. The point is he didn't lose much from McNabb to Vick, they are both mobile, both have arms...if he went from Mcnabb to a slow footed QB with a weak arm, then yes that's a HUGE change.

DCX

DCX said:
Are you making the assumption that every pass he throws is a 70 yarder? Maybe against Pheeniks but come on now. The point is he didn't lose much from McNabb to Vick, they are both mobile, both have arms...if he went from Mcnabb to a slow footed QB with a weak arm, then yes that's a HUGE change.

DCX

well lets see i've played CB 3 times in the past 2 seasons, including 2 playoff games. two times with mcnabb and once with vick. trust me there is a gigantic gap between the two overall. not that vick is trash but mcnabb can basically do everything vick can do and throw the ball with accuracy as well. just my opinion though!

CB3

DCX said:

DCX

Ask FMT how much a strong arm helps when your accuracy is ass. The first pass against FMT in the playoffs with vick was an INT on a post route which was wide open. My WR was where the FS would be and Vick threw the ball to the SS on the other side of the field

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
Ask FMT how much a strong arm helps when your accuracy is ass. The first pass against FMT in the playoffs with vick was an INT on a post route which was wide open. My WR was where the FS would be and Vick threw the ball to the SS on the other side of the field
Dude that shit happens all the time even with "great" Qbs. Fuck one game Ryan had White on a streak...no pressure, not hit or anything overthrows White ten yards, against Astro first game of the season overthrew a post that, yup just landed in the SS's lap ten yards behind.

I know what you are saying, yes a better Qb is better, but Vick as a 70 is not like Derek Anderson as a 70.

DCX

CB3

Vick aint on McNabb's level. Trust me. To get the success i had with Vick i had to change my whole gameplan and experiment with different playbook. Not to mention the lefty throw totally threw me off. It took alot of work to get Vick to where i had him. Ill be very happy when i get McNabb back

CB3 said:
Vick aint on McNabb's level. Trust me. To get the success i had with Vick i had to change my whole gameplan and experiment with different playbook. Not to mention the lefty throw totally threw me off. It took alot of work to get Vick to where i had him. Ill be very happy when i get McNabb back

or ur boi kolb next year!

CB3

Kolb actually balls in madden. If they rate him what he's rated in madden 10 right now (im sure he'll get a starters bump in ratings) ill be fine

DCX

DCX
Well, year five of a 5 year plan :p Lets recap:

- traded second rounder to get Ronald Bartell
- parlay an NFC South crown into a second round loss to new Cowboys owner
- trade Turner get Cason and LT
- trade Cason and LB for Orakpo
- had an 8-8 season
- trade LT and Jenkins for Moss
- trade Moss for WR and first rounder
- trade Baker for Maybin
- trade Abraham for the right to jump up in the draft to take Tank and get a second rounder
- Tank gets hurt finish the season 8-8
- Trade Orackpo for Briggs
- draft Knox first year, draft Tank year three and Ross year four.
- somehow i traded Chris Houston to Miami and got Sean Smith :)
- traded for T Ryan Harris
- traded Maybin to get T Mark Murray
- traded William Moore to get Davone Bess
- traded for SS M Johnson
- finished the season 9-7 with a key injury to White and Ryan against the Saints
- traded for Osi, Mathis, Gonzo and Fennell

Season 1: 10-6 NFC South Champion- wildcard win VS Giants, loss in the second round VS Cowboys
Season 2: 8-8 in a transition year where LT had a fantastic 700 yards rushing :/
Season 3: 8-8 a Tank was born.....and died, rookie sensation had 1100 yards in 8 games
Season 4: 9-7 Started the season on fire 4-1, ended in injury to White and Tank showed he is human

Well, i have just about as much talent on offense i had season 1. need to stop throwing the fucking ball into other people's hands. 26 ints VS 27 TDs is awful, especially when my completion % was 65.

Tank needs to start having breakout games. He isn't the explosive player he was his rookie season before i killed him :(

My defense has improved the best talent wise. Now i have no excuse to make this one of the better defenses this upcoming year.

We shall see how it all pans out. Great thing is everyone starts 0-0 and all are contenders for the crown. Lets do it up big gentlemen. Madden 10's swan song begins tomorrow night. It's been a pleasure :)

DCX

Smokey

CB3 said:
You two can be new butt buddies now that Pheeknicks left smokey. A superpower always needs a scrub sidekick

u mad

used to be smokey vs the league, but slowly other owners are coming around. you have now taken my spot.

i can't believe you turned a snitch. not wanting me to take over as another team at the request of the owner. you got all teary eyed and fmt eventually caved.

it's all good though

you've never been the same after that crushing loss in the SB after your 15-1 season :p

and really, the nfc has no grounds on which to talk shit about the afc. i mean you guys JUST now won a SB 9 months (and 4 seasons) in the game.

AFC 4 life

Smokey said:
u mad

used to be smokey vs the league, but slowly other owners are coming around. you have now taken my spot.

you a snitch that didn't want me taking over the dolphins despite being suggested by the former owner. you got all teary eyed and fmt eventually caved.

you've never been the same after that crushing loss in the SB after your 15-1 season!

it's all good though

and really, the nfc has no grounds on which to talk shit about the afc. i mean you guys JUST now won a SB 9 months (and 4 seasons) in the game.

west divisions represent!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
Well, year five of a 5 year plan :p Lets recap:

- traded second rounder to get Ronald Bartell
- parlay an NFC South crown into a second round loss to new Cowboys owner
- trade Turner get Cason and LT
- trade Cason and LB for Orakpo
- had an 8-8 season
- trade LT and Jenkins for Moss
- trade Moss for WR and first rounder
- trade Baker for Maybin
- trade Abraham for the right to jump up in the draft to take Tank and get a second rounder
- Tank gets hurt finish the season 8-8
- draft Knox first year, draft Tank year three and Ross year four.
- somehow i traded Chris Houston to Miami and got Sean Smith :)
- traded for T Ryan Harris
- traded Maybin to get T Mark Murray
- traded William Moore to get Davone Bess
- traded for SS M Johnson
- finished the season 9-7 with a key injury to White and Ryan against the Saints
- traded for Osi, Mathis, Gonzo and Fennell

Season 1: 10-6 NFC South Champion- wildcard win VS Giants, loss in the second round VS Cowboys
Season 2: 8-8 in a transition year where LT had a fantastic 700 yards rushing :/
Season 3: 8-8 a Tank was born.....and died, rookie sensation had 1100 yards in 8 games
Season 4: 9-7 Started the season on fire 4-1, ended in injury to White and Tank showed he is human

Well, i have just about as much talent on offense i had season 1. need to stop throwing the fucking ball into other people's hands. 26 ints VS 27 TDs is awful, especially when my completion % was 65.

Tank needs to start having breakout games. He isn't the explosive player he was his rookie season before i killed him :(

My defense has improved the best talent wise. Now i have no excuse to make this one of the better defenses this upcoming year.

We shall see how it all pans out. Great thing is everyone starts 0-0 and all are contenders for the crown. Lets do it up big gentlemen. Madden 10's swan song begins tomorrow night. It's been a pleasure :)

DCX
You know shit is bad when a win over me in the first season is the highlight of your tenure.

I hope my comment doesn't make you trade half your team. :(

CB3

Smokey said:

i can't believe you turned a snitch. not wanting me to take over as another team at the request of the owner. you got all teary eyed and fmt eventually caved.

YES. Ive been waiting for this

You act like Pheeknicks asking you to move is some end all be all request. Like it was his dying wish. Like i said, take YOUR team. The Texans. You can fool some others man but not me. You wanted that stacked team in a weaker division (No offense to Lone and Denog but Rors is the best player in the league IMO) with the #1 overall pick and you had nothing to say when that was pointed out. This is same dude that didnt let me sub as KC because the playoffs were on the line and he wanted the easy out with Pheeknicks.

And the fact that you think that I alone am capable of turning around FMT is flattering, really. It wasnt just me. Did i rally the troops? Sure. But most people thought it was a shady situation.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
u mad

it's all good though

you've never been the same after that crushing loss in the SB after your 15-1 season :p

AFC 4 life
You beat me, yes.

However, you and LJ are the ONLY AFC teams to have ever beaten me in league play.

Unfortunately, horrible NFCers have made it to the SB year after year through luck and happenstance. Sorry!

Smokey

CB3 said:
YES. Ive been waiting for this

You act like Pheeknicks asking you to move is some end all be all request. Like it was his dying wish. Like i said, take YOUR team. The Texans. You can fool some others man but not me. You wanted that stacked team in a weaker division (No offense to Lone and Denog but Rors is the best player in the league IMO) with the #1 overall pick and you had nothing to say when that was pointed out. This is same dude that didnt let me sub as KC because the playoffs were on the line and he wanted the easy out with Pheeknicks.

And the fact that you think that I alone am capable of turning around FMT is flattering, really. It wasnt just me. Did i rally the troops? Sure. But most people thought it was a shady situation.

Explain to me again why I'm running from Rors? Why? Most of my best games are against him and are always very competitive. This season he's the only person to give me my two losses. I beat him on my road to my SB, and he's beaten me other times (1 regular season, 1 playoff game this yr). I hate fucking losing and love proving people wrong. You should know this from 2k (remember my Bobcat season).. so why the fuck would I not wanna get another chance to tap dat ass 2x next season?

Despite what you think I enjoy being able to play the best players. It's why LJ and I scrimmed a LOT in the beginning of the franchise and also why I continue to scrimmage people even now. I like competing. My division has been the best and most competitive division in this franchise (IMO) and I like it because each divisional game of the season is a fucking grind.

Going to the (in your words) weaker division and giving myself an "easy road" or whatever is shit. I'd still have to go through the same people in the playoffs..LJ..and Rors to get to the SB.

CB3

Smokey said:
Explain to me again why I'm running from Rors? Why? Most of my best games are against him and are always very competitive. Clearly this season he's the only person to give me my two losses. I beat him on my road to my SB, and he's beaten me other times including this SB.

Despite what you think I enjoy being able to play the best players. It's why LJ and I scrimmed a LOT in the beginning of the franchise and also why I continue to scrimmage people even now. I like competing. My division has been the best and most competitive division in this franchise (IMO) and I like it because each divisional game of the season is a fucking grind.

Going to the (in your words) weaker division and giving myself an "easy road" or whatever is shit. I'd still have to go through the same people in the playoffs..LJ..and Rors to get to the SB.

So why move. If you wanna move, go to your texans. You wanna see your chargers through (your own words), but your so quick to jump to Miami. Its a bit shady.

Your past history (Pussying out against me which i already referenced) leads me to believe what you just said is wrong. sorry

Smokey

CB3 said:
So why move. If you wanna move, go to your texans. You wanna see your chargers through (your own words), but your so quick to jump to Miami. Its a bit shady.

Your past history (Pussying out against me which i already referenced) leads me to believe what you just said is wrong. sorry

Because I'm confident I'll get my Texans next season. This is the last of this franchise and pheeniks fucking wanted me to. Ain't nothin' shady. I wanted to see what I could do with the team, what's so hard to understand about that?

And puss out against you?

Please son.

I play two of the best players (in the best conference) every season (one has a SB right..in MY DIVISION and the other just got to the SB and is a contender every season)..and I should be worried about YOU?

:lol

CB is just afraid of what smokey will do with kelly and randy. admit it. and its not like this #1 draft pick is gonna mean a whole lot for one season, because that pick is likely a lineman or a linebacker which will be a bit of an upgrade from what i had for now

also I handpicked smokey. i was a good league member and i played my games on time and generally gave out lots of free wins. you should all respect that and my decision to pick smokey

and hey---i asked peter first and that was posted on here. no response from him, smokey came to me, and i said yes.

CB3

Smokey said:
Because I'm confident I'll get my Texans next season. This is the last of this franchise and pheeniks fucking wanted me to. Ain't nothin' shady. I wanted to see what I could do with the team, what's so hard to understand about that?

Does he have some naked photo's or proof of cheese on you or something. When did you start taking orders from him.

I play two of the best players (in the best conference) every season (one has a SB right..in MY DIVISION and the other just got to the SB and is a contender every season)..and I should be worried about YOU?

Im 1-0 against you in league play. Ill make that 2-0 this upcoming season. I BEGGED you to let me play you as the Chiefs when you had the playoffs on the line. You backed down and took the easiest guy in the league. So yeah.

You aint no grown ass man. Your just a little puppy dog.

bad-puppy-dog.jpg

CB3

and hey---i asked peter first and that was posted on here. no response from him, smokey came to me, and i said yes.

Aaaaaand there goes the argument that pheeknicks asked you. you asked him

CB3

ph33nix said:
you're just looking for outs, CB......you are a straight up pussy

LoL. I already played the AFC East. Its back to the AFC West this season. If i was a pussy i would have been more than happy to let him take the phins. I want to play him.

2e5mpo9.gif

Smokey

CB3 said:
Does he have some naked photo's or proof of cheese on you or something. When did you start taking orders from him.

Im 1-0 against you in league play. Ill make that 2-0 this upcoming season. I BEGGED you to let me play you as the Chiefs when you had the playoffs on the line. You backed down and took the easiest guy in the league. So yeah.

You aint no grown ass man. Your just a little puppy dog.

bad-puppy-dog.jpg

1-0 against me yet 0-1 on the big stage where you nut up as soon as you get in the pussy.

CB3 said:

Word on the street is the the Chargers are too dominant of a team as it is without coach Smokey at the helm.

Smokey

CB3 said:
You must have bought the livewire guide to trash talk. you should get a refund on that

Except its a fact that you nutted up. Just like its a fact you beat me one time.

Difference is I can admit this, you can't admit you couldnt handle that sweet SB mushu. Prove us all wrong that it was a fluke you busted early cb!

CB3

ian_cummings

Side note, there should be nicely detailed Madden blocking blog coming sometime soon.
about 5 hours ago via Echofon

Mrbob said:
In Smokeys first move as Miami GM he is handing over the number one pick to the Chicago Bears.

actually, smokey's the coach. I'm still the GM.

and the dolphins refuse to negotiate with the chicago bears.

CB3

ph33nix said:
actually, smokey's the coach. I'm still the GM.

and the dolphins refuse to negotiate with the chicago bears.

Is that what you two planned out for Madden 11 on the Wii?

CB3

Striker said:
How many of you guys are getting NCAA '11 and developing a dynasty?

Im bringing USC back to glory. No NCAA sanctions in virtual college football! Barkley will turn into Sanchez Pt. 2

BigAT

Striker said:
How many of you guys are getting NCAA '11 and developing a dynasty?
I'm going to be waiting until closer to the release date, and the demo probably, to make a decision. NCAA '10 was a complete disappointment in my eyes and honestly felt like nothing more than a roster update (and a completely inaccurate one at that) over '09. The development team is going to have to show me something before I invest in that series again.

I'm surprised to see such enthusiasm for the game here, but not shocked to see that it comes almost exclusively from people that haven't played the latest iteration.

Also, I love how everyone suddenly becomes a huge USC/Ohio St. fan.

Top Bottom