• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DCX

DCX
Well I played in 07 as Cincinnati and 08 as Ohio state. I have had interest but money only goes so far last couple years. This year the new engine and such plus more financial leeway makes it possible to jump in.

college ball I'm a Bearcat..in fb I'm Ohio state.

DCX

GCQuinton

BigAT said:
I'm going to be waiting until closer to the release date, and the demo probably, to make a decision. NCAA '10 was a complete disappointment in my eyes and honestly felt like nothing more than a roster update (and a completely inaccurate one at that) over '09. The development team is going to have to show me something before I invest in that series again.

I'm surprised to see such enthusiasm for the game here, but not shocked to see that it comes almost exclusively from people that haven't played the latest iteration.

Also, I love how everyone suddenly becomes a huge USC/Ohio St. fan.

I don't know what anyone else's online dynasty plans are for NCAA, but I'll definitely be picking it up and running one like I've done for the last two seasons here. I've tried something different each year to try and mix it up (open team picking in '09, three stars or below "career" style in '10), but I'm not sure what I'll be doing for '11 until I hear more about what's changed.

I'd love to have you back AT, but I totally get the apprehension. I've been playing the NCAA series longer than I have Madden, so getting it's a reflex for me at this point :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
BigAT said:
I'm going to be waiting until closer to the release date, and the demo probably, to make a decision. NCAA '10 was a complete disappointment in my eyes and honestly felt like nothing more than a roster update (and a completely inaccurate one at that) over '09. The development team is going to have to show me something before I invest in that series again.

I'm surprised to see such enthusiasm for the game here, but not shocked to see that it comes almost exclusively from people that haven't played the latest iteration.

Not me :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Striker said:
How many of you guys are getting NCAA '11 and developing a dynasty?

I get NCAA and Madden every year. I really enjoy the dynasty mode in NCAA and importing the graduating classes into Madden.

AT, I played NCAA 10. I agree that NCAA 10 was alsmost a step backwards. It moved so fast that is was close to silly, the commentary was stale, the CPU QBs were robo-like. Even if the I was playing the scrubbiest team in NCAA, the QB would turn into Joe Montana. There were serious problems with NCAA 10, but I will be getting NCAA 11.

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
Sooo.....how bout that shitty episode of Lost last night?
Out of sequence? Filler? Much needed motives? Yea. Shit..nay. jacks tattoo and the expose episodes were shit. It answers long wondered questions. It gave insight on what drives the two dudes and it shed light pun intended, on what the purpose is about.

Not bad..not Omg awesome like we expect this late in the game.

DCX

Lonestar

DCX said:
Out of sequence? Filler? Much needed motives? Yea. Shit..nay. jacks tattoo and the expose episodes were shit. It answers long wondered questions. It gave insight on what drives the two dudes and it shed light pun intended, on what the purpose is about.

Not bad..not Omg awesome like we expect this late in the game.

DCX

Pretty much my thoughts, except for Expose being shit. Total Filler, yeah, but a funny little piece of showing 2 ammoral people experiencing life on the island, and not giving a shit about it. Oh, and dying horribly.

Across the Sea felt like something I need to watch again, not sure I understood everything about it...

Somnia

I have a feeling last nights episode will make much more sense after the next 3 1/2 hours of the show. Or at least I hope so. I mean it makes sense and I understood it, but I think it will have more meaning.

DCX

DCX
Somnia said:
I have a feeling last nights episode will make much more sense after the next 3 1/2 hours of the show. Or at least I hope so. I mean it makes sense and I understood it, but I think it will have more meaning.
To me rules that exsists up until recently were broken by the messiah way back when. I don't understand why the one dude has stayed true to them until the loophole. Eh..

DCX

Somnia

DCX said:
To me rules that exsists up until recently were broken by the messiah way back when. I don't understand why the one dude has stayed true to them until the loophole. Eh..

DCX

Maybe he has no choice? She said it'd be worse than death if you went into the light which he did. He might be chained down in a sense and HAS to use the loophole.

Nightz

Yeah the last few posts with the discussion of last night's episodes are kinda turning me away from watching Lost. We should've had the draft yesterday. :D

GCQuinton said:
I don't know what anyone else's online dynasty plans are for NCAA, but I'll definitely be picking it up and running one like I've done for the last two seasons here. I've tried something different each year to try and mix it up (open team picking in '09, three stars or below "career" style in '10), but I'm not sure what I'll be doing for '11 until I hear more about what's changed.

I'd love to have you back AT, but I totally get the apprehension. I've been playing the NCAA series longer than I have Madden, so getting it's a reflex for me at this point :lol

I'm in again. I can't go a fall without both NCAA and Madden, to try and convince myself otherwise is foolish.

I'm curious as far as Madden goes, which less shitty than the Rams team I'll get stuck with this year. :p

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
season 5 draft is the last good one (at least up til season 8, haven't gotten farther than that) so make the most of it.

If Terrance Anderson goes undrafted you guys suck :(

LiveWire

levious said:
season 5 draft is the last good one (at least up til season 8, haven't gotten farther than that) so make the most of it.

If Terrance Anderson goes undrafted you guys suck :(

You had a different Season 5 draft than we do. This draft is lacking in many areas, and the areas where it's strong are likely already filled by most teams. It would have been a great season 3 draft to help build depth. Oh well.

BTW, Raevon Hines is officially a draft bust. Stayed exactly the same at 79. 3 offseasons of progression. :( I'm going to call him Skittles.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
LiveWire said:
You had a different Season 5 draft than we do. This draft is lacking in many areas, and the areas where it's strong are likely already filled by most teams. It would have been a great season 3 draft to help build depth. Oh well.

BTW, Raevon Hines is officially a draft bust. Stayed exactly the same at 79. 3 offseasons of progression. :( I'm going to call him Skittles.

Online franchise draft order is universal. I may have the wrong year in mind though.

Move Hines to DT on passing downs.

LiveWire

Yea I was thinking of that. I picked up Isaac Clancy in last year's draft who can also double as a DT, so I am going to experiment with moving them around.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The 1 draft i need linemen and their aint many. Not to mention the CPU picks in the start of the draft will probably take them all up there. Who wants to bet an OL goes #1 overall

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
The 1 draft i need linemen and their aint many. Not to mention the CPU picks in the start of the draft will probably take them all up there. Who wants to bet an OL goes #1 overall
Cool, what else are your needs to I can cockblock you?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Eh. They talk like this all the time. NFC East is the talk division.
NFC East would have brought home a trophy if not for CB getting lucky against me in the season 2 NFC CG. NOS ain't shit.

PBY

Banned
looking to see if I can get a good receiver for MJD...

Also, looking to trade my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks in a package deal for a good receiver

hit me up

Lonestar

peterb0y said:

Also, looking to trade my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks in a package deal for a good receiver

hit me up

Sent you an addenda to the PM

CB3

Wellington said:
NFC East would have brought home a trophy if not for CB getting lucky against me in the season 2 NFC CG. NOS ain't shit.

2qleex1.gif

Rorschach

peterb0y said:

hit me up
Unfortunately, the market for HBs is really bad right now. Good luck with that. If no one contacts you about MJD, hollaback!

Wellington said:
Overcoming luck is part of the game. :\ I lost season 1 thanks to a glitch. I lost season 2 thanks to the shitty tie breakers. I lost the game against you thanks to shitty lag. ;)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Meh I am not taking this season too seriously to the tune of I'm going to be playing safety and my offense will go through Ben "Dwyane" Wade.

So now that I will be playing S for the first time ever, I may get burned 1-2 more times than CB does during a season..... so approximately 101-102 times.

CB3

Wellington said:
Meh I am not taking this season too seriously to the tune of I'm going to be playing safety and my offense will go through Ben "Dwyane" Wade.

So now that I will be playing S for the first time ever, I may get burned 1-2 more times than CB does during a season..... so approximately 101-102 times.

Risk/Reward son. My newly 91 rated safety is going into beast mode this year

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Early excuses are nice. I too will be playing without the intention of winning.
Sorry we can't all be as elite as you Rors who just has to pick up a controller and play only league games.

2qm1ydi.gif

I am simply saying I won't be able to pour the hours I normally do into practice and planning and also that I am going to be practicing for Madden 11 now by using an S in league play. Sorry to offend, friend, but if it takes that much for me to get to only 10-6, I can't imagine I'd do better than 8-8 this time around.

bluemax

Banned
BigAT said:

I'm willing to bet I have the most USC cred on account of the wonderful piece of paper I have on my wall.

Then again I'd probably have more fun as another team.

On a different note:

http://tinyurl.com/c9jpq3

Run blocking update!

Rorschach

Everyone switching to S now? Guess I'll go to CB! Hard to play CB without the super wide camera, though. :\

Wellington said:
Sorry we can't all be as elite as you Rors who just has to pick up a controller and play only league games.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2qm1ydi.gif[/IG]

I am simply saying I won't be able to pour the hours I normally do into practice and planning and also that I am going to be practicing for Madden 11 now by using an S in league play. Sorry to offend, friend, but if it takes that much for me to get to only 10-6, I can't imagine I'd do better than 8-8 this time around.[/QUOTE]
You can't Eeyore me, friend! And I think most of us just played league games last season. I don't think I've scrimmed in a few seasons and I haven't seen anyone else on my friends list scrimming...

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
Everyone switching to S now? Guess I'll go to CB! Hard to play CB without the super wide camera, though. :\

You can't Eeyore me, friend! And I think most of us just played league games last season. I don't think I've scrimmed in a few seasons and I haven't seen anyone else on my friends list scrimming...

I'd scrim more, but just to actually have a chance for a game to finish, I have to direct connect the internet, and that's just bollocks. Maybe I'll pick up another router, maybe then the XBox will know how to work correctly...

Top Bottom